Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Old 24th April 2017, 09:48   #43481  |  Link
akim

madshi
Why are you worried about memory consumption or short term chip/memory frequency? These things are not really very important.

Looking through movies and different clips, I can constantly switch to full screen mode and back and then it turns out that the graphics card works for a long time in maximum mode
Forgot to say that the frequency of the chip and memory is growing and when rewinding the video
This is not what I would like to get from soft decoding
I have a gluttonous 130 watt graphics card
And for the processor, the video formats sd and full hd are not even noticeable if the program is competently optimized

SD format(default setting):
Mplayer(frontend Smplayer) Cpu 1-2% memory 35mb (video card is resting)
Mpc-hc lav-filters madvr Cpu 2-7 memory 380 mb (increase in the frequency of the video card under certain conditions)

Ps please just do not tell me to use mplayer if he so likes me
I know that your complex offers more opportunities and has been using it for many years and has indicated only my complexity in uses and desires that the program would only get better!
Thank you

Last edited by akim; 24th April 2017 at 10:04.
akim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2017, 11:44   #43482  |  Link
dioxholster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q-the-STORM View Post
someone had the same issue 2 weeks ago, reinstalling drivers fixed it (or try system restore point)

two weeks ago? so after the creators update? I think that update messed up a lot of things, im surprised no one is talking about it. I reinstalled GPU drivers nothing happened. Ive reinstalled madvr and MPC to no avail as well.

Last edited by dioxholster; 24th April 2017 at 12:08.
dioxholster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2017, 12:34   #43483  |  Link
Q-the-STORM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryrynz View Post
You really don't need to quote an entire post let alone one with an image to simply reply to someone's post directly above yours..
yeah, I usually edit, I forgot this time...
Q-the-STORM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2017, 12:48   #43484  |  Link
ryrynz

I'll forgive you. :P
ryrynz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2017, 15:23   #43485  |  Link
dipje

Quote:
Originally Posted by dioxholster View Post
so after the creators update? I think that update messed up a lot of things, im surprised no one is talking about it.
I think a lot of people didn't get it yet and / or have their system set in the deferred update ring, specially with the few reports about the issues it got.

I got the anniversary update last december, I think my system will receive the creators update around september if it goes at the same speed .
dipje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2017, 15:34   #43486  |  Link
dipje

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
Most algos will be available, including all NGU variants and bilateral chroma upscaling. Reconstruction probably not because it requires DirectCompute, but I'm not sure yet. Price for the "pro" Avi/VapourSynth plugin version will be very high (from the view point of an end user), unfortunately, because that's the best way for me to get max income. Big companies don't mind paying high prices for good software. If I made a cheap price, I'd get a somewhat higher number of sold licenses, but overall income would be a LOT lower. Video (re)encoding is a very niche market and in such markets the only way to get reasonable income is to ask high prices.

madVR is a totally different topic because it's for end users, so it's much less of a niche market, compared to video encoding.

I absolutely understand how that pro pricing works, I'm just wondering what's going to be missing from the pro version then. But I'm guessing you don't know for sure yourself yet .

I see a lot of tools where everything is available, but then only in 8 bit for instance. And it's frustrating for me that I would spend close to a $100 no problem to get some very good algo in 10bit or 16bit support, but if the pro license then jumps up to $500 and more it's a shame (for me). So close yet so far :P. Like I said, understandable though.

Having access to things like special chroma upscaling and NGU stuff (gpu accelerated all?) would be awesome. Upscaling stabilised footage back up to it's original res with NGU or being able to process and mix some of my 1080p footage with my 4k footage (ngu upscaling + debanding + knlmeanscl) sounds like a lot of good video toys to be testing.

Of course if someone asked me if I really needed 10bit+ they probably have a point. Really needing something really wanting something are not the same but related :P.
dipje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2017, 17:25   #43487  |  Link
Damien147

Quote:
Originally Posted by dioxholster View Post
I dont believe this is a madvr problem but its something that happened. can i know what this means? It showed up in every video, im guessing its because its reading from a bad drive but not sure:

Only audio played and display was black. My worry is that even though the source of the problem is a bad drive, it did cause madvr to behave strangely for subsequent videos. Its working now again but for a time, this is the error i had.
Same thing happened to me after creators update and a few restarts solved it.
Damien147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2017, 19:54   #43488  |  Link
pruttolle

I'm getting a black screen in MPC-HC, but audio and subtitles work well, whenever I try to play a 10bit HEVC video with MadVR.

It works well with all other media files though. Also works well with EVR instead of MadVR.

If I change from DXVA2 to Copyback, it works but stutters.

I've read a few pages back that it could be due to AMD drivers (I have an AMD 460 GPU).

Was this ever resolved? Did anyone find a solution?

Thanks!
pruttolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2017, 20:05   #43489  |  Link
huhn

copyback has to work so either your PC has a serious problem or you should contact AMD about this.
huhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2017, 20:19   #43490  |  Link
Damien147

Quote:
Originally Posted by pruttolle View Post
I'm getting a black screen in MPC-HC, but audio and subtitles work well, whenever I try to play a 10bit HEVC video with MadVR.

It works well with all other media files though. Also works well with EVR instead of MadVR.

If I change from DXVA2 to Copyback, it works but stutters.

I've read a few pages back that it could be due to AMD drivers (I have an AMD 460 GPU).

Was this ever resolved? Did anyone find a solution?

Thanks!
Same thing here with RX470.The black screen is reported but not fixed.Every RX4x0 user here has the same problem.
I just set decoder to ''none'' and switch to evr cp and dxva2(native) if there's something ''heavy''.
Damien147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2017, 21:01   #43491  |  Link
cyber201

Hi madshi, thanks for your works. You are great.
One info. Now i have installed your new release of madvr. My GPU is GTX1070, cpu intel kaby lake and widows 10 Creators update.
I have try to configure HDR passthrough with nvidia API and Windows 10 API but when i play a 4K H265 HDR video, my TV dont' switch into HDR mode.
I have try all with Kodi DSPlayer version and MPC-HC. And i have installed the latest LAV filter from github
It's normal or my settings are wrong?

Thanks a lot
cyber201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2017, 01:31   #43492  |  Link
qjb2016

Hi madshi,I also,the HDR, color space can be identified, the transfer function can not be identified, windows 10 1703, epson tw8300
Attached Images

qjb2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2017, 06:09   #43493  |  Link
JarrettH

madshi, since I can't get the ytp test images to load anymore, can I just as well drag one of the png test images from http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/ into MPC-HC? The gradient one specifically. Thanks
JarrettH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2017, 09:21   #43494  |  Link
pruttolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by huhn View Post
copyback has to work so either your PC has a serious problem or you should contact AMD about this.
Yeah, Copyback works, but not as smooth as Native.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien147 View Post
Same thing here with RX470.The black screen is reported but not fixed.Every RX4x0 user here has the same problem.
I just set decoder to ''none'' and switch to evr cp and dxva2(native) if there's something ''heavy''.
Ah okay, thanks! I guess I'll wait with all other AMD users
Hopefully it'll be fixed soon.
pruttolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2017, 10:41   #43495  |  Link
Cienight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budtz View Post
I take that back. disabeling FSE fixes the issue. the system behaves a bit different but its fine.

I have another problem however. i get glitches if i use dxva in lav filters. what could couse this? cuvid is fine
Hi, i also have the exact same problem. I get glitsches on specific parts of the video if i enable dxva2 in lav filters. Did you find any solution?
Cienight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2017, 11:11   #43496  |  Link
huhn

try DXVA copyback and make sure the nvidia power saving setting is NOT set to optimal.
huhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2017, 15:40   #43497  |  Link
clsid

When the Win10 creators update (1703) is installed, it also re-installs drivers and resets the Nvidia profiles to defaults. So anyone who has tweaked settings in the past should reapply them.
You can adjust application profiles with NvidiaProfileInspector. The MPC-HC profile is named "Media Player Classic". Set power management mode to Adaptive.

Those who have issues with FSE in Win10 1703, try this:
right-click on the player exe > compatibility > uncheck fullscreen optimizations
(this is a newly added option)
clsid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2017, 17:34   #43498  |  Link
Siso
Soul Seeker

Is it better to use for mpc-hc or mpc-be (windows 7), power management mode: prefer maximum performance instead of adaptive?

Last edited by Siso; 25th April 2017 at 17:39.
Siso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2017, 17:44   #43499  |  Link
khanmein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siso View Post
Is it better to use for mpc-hc or mpc-be (windows 7), power management mode: prefer maximum performance instead of adaptive?
Adaptive is more than enough. Try to toggle around which suit you the best.
khanmein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2017, 17:51   #43500  |  Link
XMonarchY

Quote:
Originally Posted by clsid View Post
When the Win10 creators update (1703) is installed, it also re-installs drivers and resets the Nvidia profiles to defaults. So anyone who has tweaked settings in the past should reapply them.
You can adjust application profiles with NvidiaProfileInspector. The MPC-HC profile is named "Media Player Classic". Set power management mode to Adaptive.

Those who have issues with FSE in Win10 1703, try this:
right-click on the player exe > compatibility > uncheck fullscreen optimizations
(this is a newly added option)
None of that works...

Tags
direct compute, dithering, error diffusion, madvr, ngu, nnedi3, quality, renderer, scaling, uhd upscaling, upsampling