Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 12th June 2017, 04:28   #26001  |  Link
Sharc

How does this relate to a BD Rebuilder bug?
We are leaving the topic I mean.....

Last edited by Sharc; 12th June 2017 at 04:47.
Sharc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2017, 05:12   #26002  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharc View Post
So it looks like the subtitles caused the conflict with the falsely (your experimentally) applied IVTC which changed the framerate of the video (decimation).
Anyway, I understand when you run BD RB with its default settings all is ok, right?
Yup, looks like the Subtitles are the cause. In some way. Also ran BD-RB as Default, except for ENABLE_TEST=1 and it goes through fine. So...hmm... After that finished, I added "IVTC_1080i=1" for fun, and the error returned. Probably some flag causing a problem.

I'm going to check the video for any "jitters". Because I'm curious.

I didn't mean to spark any major debates. Haha.

@MrVideo

The Lawyer thing...I was messin' with you in my reply. I appreciate the catch in typo.
Old 12th June 2017, 08:16   #26003  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigaFuture View Post
The Lawyer thing...I was messin' with you in my reply. I appreciate the catch in typo.
No offense taken. There was another typo in the response, but I left that one alone.
MrVideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2017, 10:14   #26004  |  Link
Sharc

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigaFuture View Post
Yup, looks like the Subtitles are the cause. In some way. Also ran BD-RB as Default, except for ENABLE_TEST=1 and it goes through fine. So...hmm... After that finished, I added "IVTC_1080i=1" for fun, and the error returned. Probably some flag causing a problem.

I'm going to check the video for any "jitters". Because I'm curious.
Assuming (from previous speculations) that your source is a conversion from BBC(25) to NTSC(29.97i) could you perhaps upload a few seconds snippet of your source? I am just curious how this looks like. Thanks.
Sharc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2017, 23:34   #26005  |  Link
peto2

keeping 24 fps

Hi

I can't find a direct answer to this issue or another forum to report my issue

I have a file that is 24 fps (24.00?). When I use BD Rebuilder it changes this to 23.976 fps (I understand this is valid) . Currently I can't find anything to override this change. This would not really be a issue however it does mean any subtitles eventually become out of sync. Is ther a hidden option I have missed or workaround or am I trying to do something that is not normally valid ?
peto2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2017, 18:08   #26006  |  Link
drmih

Assuming a ripper becomes available to backup 4K UHD discs (I believe that 3 have been done by groups so far), and that the file structure seems the same as standard blu-ray, would it be difficult to update the software for the higher resolution and produce bd-50 / 25 backups?
drmih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2017, 20:37   #26007  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmih View Post
Assuming a ripper becomes available to backup 4K UHD discs (I believe that 3 have been done by groups so far), and that the file structure seems the same as standard blu-ray, would it be difficult to update the software for the higher resolution and produce bd-50 / 25 backups?
Probably not. But I'd have to do a lot of dumping of a UHD disc so I can make sure the backup uses proper flags, identifiers, etc. Currently I don't even own a drive that can read UHD.
Old 13th June 2017, 23:35   #26008  |  Link
spotswood

Hi all... recently rebuilt Rouge One as a BD9 (Movie & Menus) using the latest v0.50.23 and re-encoded the DTS-MA 7.1 to AC3 5.1. This particular title uses multiple .m2ts files and as the movie plays, when moving from one .m2ts to the next there is an audible scratchy noise for a split second, very distracting. Any ideas? Thanks for any help/suggestions...
spotswood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2017, 00:12   #26009  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by spotswood View Post
recently rebuilt Rouge One as a BD9
Can I ask a curiosity question... with the prices of BD25 media so cheap these days, why a BD9?

Have you tried just extracting just the DTS core, instead of recoding?
Old 14th June 2017, 00:48   #26010  |  Link
spotswood

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVideo View Post
Can I ask a curiosity question... with the prices of BD25 media so cheap these days, why a BD9?

Simply because I don't burn, I save all my rebuilds to HDD's and play them with Kodi using DSPlayer/LAVaudio/ReClock/madVR. This saves a ton of "space" which allows for a much larger library and the quality is negligible (in my opinion).

To answer to your second question, I'm in the process of running a second job right now to test, although the dts core takes up a little more space for minimal (if any) increase in sound quality. Plus I only use a 5.1 soundbar for my sound system...

...and I know how jdobbs feels about software players but I haven't had any problems with my current setup. I'll burn a disc and try playing it in my Samsung player that's been gathering dust... ;^)

Last edited by spotswood; 15th June 2017 at 07:45.
Old 14th June 2017, 04:19   #26011  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
although the dts core takes up a little more space for minimal (if any) better sound quality. Plus I only use a 5.1 soundbar for my sound system...
The point is to do as little recoding as possible. Everytime a digital file is recoded, errors/artifacts are introduced. I believe that the DTS core is only 5.1. No recoding required.
Old 14th June 2017, 06:51   #26012  |  Link
spotswood

Quote:
The point is to do as little recoding as possible. Everytime a digital file is recoded, errors/artifacts are introduced. I believe that the DTS core is only 5.1. No recoding required.
I completely understand and appreciate what you're saying, but I've done over 100 rebuilds converting dts to ac3 (for no other reason than to save space and a higher video bitrate) with excellent results. The titles I've had problems with recently are with multiple .m2ts files converting DTS-MA 7.1 to AC3 5.1, so maybe that has something to do with it, I don't know, but I'm trying different things and will report back. Thanks for the help...

Last edited by spotswood; 15th June 2017 at 20:00.
Old 14th June 2017, 16:18   #26013  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Hi all... recently rebuilt Rouge One as a BD9 (Movie & Menus) using the latest v0.50.23 and re-encoded the DTS-MA 7.1 to AC3 5.1. This particular title uses multiple .m2ts files and as the movie plays, when moving from one .m2ts to the next there is an audible scratchy noise for a split second, very distracting. Any ideas? Thanks for any help/suggestions...
I'll run a test on that one and see what I can find.
Old 14th June 2017, 17:25   #26014  |  Link
geheim

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
Probably not. But I'd have to do a lot of dumping of a UHD disc so I can make sure the backup uses proper flags, identifiers, etc. Currently I don't even own a drive that can read UHD.
What about adding UHD Support for mkv files?? So that mkv could be converted to UHD file structure and - if necessary - reencoded/shrinked to fit on BD-25/50??

Isn't that easier than doing "full backups" of discs?? And you wouldn't Need to have a UHD drive.

By adding this function we could easily backup some UHD TV recordings and play them on UHD Players - better than with MKV.

Perhaps you could take a look at it??
Thanks so much
geheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2017, 18:23   #26015  |  Link
Mark_Venture

Quote:
Not trying to hijack the discussion, but... do you mean using 3rd party tools to manually extract DTS core and mux it back into the BD-Rebuilder output file? Or is there an option (that I missed) in BD-Rebuilder to keep the DTS core only when converting?
Mark_Venture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2017, 21:50   #26016  |  Link
worknstiff

@ Mark_Venture; Or is there an option (that I missed) in BD-Rebuilder to keep the DTS core only when converting?

Yes, When doing a BD25 backup you just leave the check in the (Do Not Convert DTS to AC3)
worknstiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2017, 23:10   #26017  |  Link
spotswood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_Venture View Post
Not trying to hijack the discussion, but... do you mean using 3rd party tools to manually extract DTS core and mux it back into the BD-Rebuilder output file? Or is there an option (that I missed) in BD-Rebuilder to keep the DTS core only when converting?
Quote:
Originally Posted by worknstiff View Post
@ Mark_Venture... Yes, When doing a BD25 backup you just leave the check in the (Do Not Convert DTS to AC3)
Correct, and you also need to UNcheck "Keep HD Audio for BD25/Alternate intact". That will tell BDRB to extract the DTS core when doing BD25. When doing BD9 (in my case) it uses the core track automatically since using the HD audio would take up WAY too much space...
Old 15th June 2017, 04:30   #26018  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharc View Post
Assuming (from previous speculations) that your source is a conversion from BBC(25) to NTSC(29.97i) could you perhaps upload a few seconds snippet of your source? I am just curious how this looks like. Thanks.
Sure, soon as I create some time.
Old 15th June 2017, 05:15   #26019  |  Link
bryrabknowles

This is more feature request than bug, but on my machine I find that running THREADS=1 and MULTIPROCESS=12 provides me with the fastest encode on my machine.
The problem I'm having is that on files too small to multiprocess, they're also stuck with a single thread in their single process - my best results in a single process come at THREADS=15

Could you add a MULTIPROCESS_ THREADS option to optimize both scenarios when doing a full backup?
bryrabknowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2017, 13:34   #26020  |  Link
Mark_Venture

Quote:
Originally Posted by worknstiff View Post
@ Mark_Venture; Or is there an option (that I missed) in BD-Rebuilder to keep the DTS core only when converting?

Yes, When doing a BD25 backup you just leave the check in the (Do Not Convert DTS to AC3)
Quote:
Correct, and you also need to UNcheck "Keep HD Audio for BD25/Alternate intact". That will tell BDRB to extract the DTS core when doing BD25. When doing BD9 (in my case) it uses the core track automatically since using the HD audio would take up WAY too much space...
Ahh I'm doing Alt-MovieOnly-MKV... not BD-25 or the like. And I've been running with Don't convert DTS to AC3 and Keep HD intact.... So seems like if I uncheck Keep HD I should get just core DTS?
Mark_Venture is offline   Reply With Quote