Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Old 20th September 2018, 10:15   #52541  |  Link
ryrynz

Yeah same for me, both possible and probable give me the same queue results which are better than .15 release.
ryrynz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2018, 10:19   #52542  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryrynz View Post
Not when it's open, when it's closed. For some reason my Media player doesn't get focus.. my other PC though I've just found out does get focus, so must be media player settings.. Guess I'll have to figure it out.
Well, the settings dialog is done by a different process (madHcCtrl.exe). When that window closes, it's the OS's job to pick a new focused window. Usually that should be the one that was focused before. Not sure why that doesn't work for you.

The settings dialog doesn't really handle focus stuff, that's the OS's job. It's not really usual for a process to manually focus another process when it's closing down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogli View Post
Both work fine, yeah.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryrynz View Post
Yeah same for me, both possible and probable give me the same queue results which are better than .15 release.
That's good news, thanks!
madshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2018, 10:28   #52543  |  Link
jmone

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuriHL View Post
jmone, you around? I'm HOPING it's just me, but, the latest build does not fix the subtitle issue for me. I don't know if this was supposed to be fixed or not but I don't get subs showing up at all. Just wondering if jmone (or anyone else) has tested it.
Yup now working fine for me! Looking good so far
jmone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2018, 10:34   #52544  |  Link
ryrynz

Was a problematic setting or a conflict between stored registry settings and the ini file in the media player folder.. sorted it
Old 20th September 2018, 10:38   #52545  |  Link
madjock

@madshi

Possible fix better for me. The render times do seem to have jumped up a bit compared to the last few builds, still ok though.

https://ibb.co/m7WoPz

How do you completely get rid of madVR and start afresh, as I have been messing with different builds, and even though I uninstall, delete the folder, place a new folder with a different name, old settings sometimes stay in the app for some reason ?
madjock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2018, 10:42   #52546  |  Link
ryrynz

Batch file in the install directory. restore default settings.bat
Old 20th September 2018, 10:44   #52547  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by madjock View Post
How do you completely get rid of madVR and start afresh, as I have been messing with different builds, and even though I uninstall, delete the folder, place a new folder with a different name, old settings sometimes stay in the app for some reason ?
Double click "restore default settings.bat" before deleting the folder. Or otherwise manually delete HKCU\Software\madshi\madVR.
Old 20th September 2018, 10:44   #52548  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

madVR v0.92.16 released

http://madshi.net/madVR.zip

Code:
* fixed: rendering and present queues didn't fill correctly when using D3D11 for presentation
* fixed: "crop black bars" didn't work correctly
Old 20th September 2018, 10:48   #52549  |  Link
Klaus1189

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
madVR v0.92.16 released

Thank you
Klaus1189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2018, 11:19   #52550  |  Link
mclingo

Quote:
madVR v0.92.16 released

Code:
* fixed: rendering and present queues didn't fill correctly when using D3D11 for presentation
* fixed: "crop black bars" didn't work correctly
MADSHI - you're a wonderful human being. Whats next, world peace?
Old 20th September 2018, 11:30   #52551  |  Link
mrmojo666

@madshi : no chance to undestand why madvr's HDR switching is so weak with amd cards ? and why it changes driver by driver even the SO manual switch works with all amd drivers.

btw i also have the color supersaturated (specially reds) if i use FSE and 8 bit videos played on 10 bit TV, with windowed all is working perfectly (this issue is not a problem for me because I'm good with wondowed).

thank you
mrmojo666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2018, 11:35   #52552  |  Link
Klaus1189

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmojo666 View Post
no chance to undestand why madvr's HDR switching is so weak with amd cards ? and why it changes driver by driver even the SO manual switch works with all amd drivers.
Just installed 18.9.2 for my Radeon RX480 8GB, did a complete reset of madVR settings just to be sure, configured new and it is working perfectly, HDR switching is working fine for me as it did the past month with everytime the newest driver of its time (also optional versions).
-> Not a issue in madVR
Old 20th September 2018, 11:43   #52553  |  Link
varekai

Thanks for the new release, much appreciated!

Also a release of U.P.R.M. v1.0 Final
short for "Universal Planet Rescue Mission" would be awesome!

A good laugh...

Best regards
varekai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2018, 11:43   #52554  |  Link
mclingo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaus1189 View Post
Just installed 18.9.2 for my Radeon RX480 8GB, did a complete reset of madVR settings just to be sure, configured new and it is working perfectly, HDR switching is working fine for me as it did the past month with everytime the newest driver of its time (also optional versions).
-> Not a issue in madVR
Good to know that driver is all working but please can you check for the oversaturation issue we both have, you may have to be in bluray mode rather than PC mode on your TV though.
Old 20th September 2018, 11:47   #52555  |  Link
mclingo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmojo666 View Post
@madshi : no chance to undestand why madvr's HDR switching is so weak with amd cards ? and why it changes driver by driver even the SO manual switch works with all amd drivers.

btw i also have the color supersaturated (specially reds) if i use FSE and 8 bit videos played on 10 bit TV, with windowed all is working perfectly (this issue is not a problem for me because I'm good with wondowed).

thank you
Thanks for confirming the the oversat issue, what do you mean by windowed, windows overlay in MADVR? or windowed mode in your movie player, or something else, the only workaround I can really use is claibrating my TV for BT2020 in MADVR
Old 20th September 2018, 11:56   #52556  |  Link
Ver Greeneyes

Quote:
Code:
It probably wasn't expected to, but just to confirm, this doesn't fix my issue with the present queue not filling up in Windows 10 r1803 (but then, using D3D9 mode never fixed that for me either).

Just to illustrate the problem, on a 1080p video displayed at 100% (only chroma upscaling active), NGU Anti-Alias low gives me rendering times of 1.38ms but the present queue doesn't fill beyond 10-11/16. With medium quality I get rendering times of 1.55ms and the queue doesn't fill beyond 6-7/16.

I just noticed that having a background process active that uses a lot of CPU makes the problem worse, but MPC-HC is only using ~9% CPU normally. I'm on a Ryzen with 16 logical cores, so could it be doing something single-threaded that's maxing out one of the cores? I wonder if something is quietly producing a ton of errors or warnings and creating a CPU bottleneck.
Ver Greeneyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2018, 11:58   #52557  |  Link
Klaus1189

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclingo View Post
Good to know that driver is all working but please can you check for the oversaturation issue we both have, you may have to be in bluray mode rather than PC mode on your TV though.
Since I am on Win10 1803, FSE isn't real FSE anymore, like huhn several times posted.

My TV is set to Gaming Mode, so all the crap like motion interpolation, ... is off, PC mode is also off.

Please check your Output settings in driver:
- resolution
- bit depth per color
- pixel format -> RGB or YCbCr and also limited/full
Old 20th September 2018, 12:05   #52558  |  Link
mclingo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaus1189 View Post
Since I am on Win10 1803, FSE isn't real FSE anymore, like huhn several times posted.

My TV is set to Gaming Mode, so all the crap like motion interpolation, ... is off, PC mode is also off.

Please check your Output settings in driver:
- resolution
- bit depth per color
- pixel format -> RGB or YCbCr and also limited/full
all that info is in my SIG. If you put your TV in bluray mode do you have the oversat problem?
Old 20th September 2018, 12:12   #52559  |  Link
Klaus1189

Since it is a Samsung series 7 from 2016, I had to rename the HDMI port to the predefined name Bluray player, is that right?
I couldn't see any difference, it is fine here, too. I set it back to my preferred mode. If you want me to test anything else, let me know.

Why do you use 8 bit? HDR should be 10 bit, isn't it?

Last edited by Klaus1189; 20th September 2018 at 12:15.
Old 20th September 2018, 12:17   #52560  |  Link
jkauff

@madshi: I know it's not in the change list, but did you happen to fix the issue with Blu-ray menus in JRiver MC?
jkauff is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
direct compute, dithering, error diffusion, madvr, ngu, nnedi3, quality, renderer, scaling, uhd upscaling, upsampling