Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Old 3rd October 2018, 16:43   #52941  |  Link
Morku

It is unchecked. It also doesn't make any difference to enable.
Like I said, if you tell me how, I would share you my settings.

Only changing chroma upscaling to one of the custom pixel shader code seems to fix the issue. Also "Nearest Neighbor" let the image stays black.

@mytbyte
Like I said, I am not doing hardware decoding, it's disabled in LAV.
Morku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2018, 17:12   #52942  |  Link
mkohman

Guys apologies if this is a silly question but with the latest Windows 10 update I can't no longer stream from my server which is located in another room which also runs window 10 via SMB within kodi.. Does anyone know a way around this or is it not reccomended to share via SMB within Kodi? If not then what's the best way to share. Mkv files within kodi Thanks

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
mkohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2018, 17:34   #52943  |  Link
mytbyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morku View Post

@mytbyte
Like I said, I am not doing hardware decoding, it's disabled in LAV.
I misread...
mytbyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2018, 18:51   #52944  |  Link
Warner306

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkohman View Post
Guys apologies if this is a silly question but with the latest Windows 10 update I can't no longer stream from my server which is located in another room which also runs window 10 via SMB within kodi.. Does anyone know a way around this or is it not reccomended to share via SMB within Kodi? If not then what's the best way to share. Mkv files within kodi Thanks

Did you go through the troubleshooting posted at the DSPlayer forums? There are two important links there and one video that should be followed.
Warner306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2018, 19:19   #52945  |  Link
mkohman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warner306 View Post
Did you go through the troubleshooting posted at the DSPlayer forums? There are two important links there and one video that should be followed.
No I didn't could you please direct me to the links or maybe post numbers.. Thank you so much..

mkohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2018, 19:28   #52946  |  Link
Warner306

The post is here: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php...562#pid2769562
Warner306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2018, 19:50   #52947  |  Link
yok833

Hi guys,

It seems that I have an issue since I updated W10 and the latest nvidia drivers.

By default my desktop is in SDR and madvr switch automatically to hdr when I watch a movie.

Now, when madvr starts an hdr content, I have "nv hdr" at the top of the osd and the problem is that I do not have the hdr settings enabled on my tv (even if the hdr logo appears at the beginning of the video).

If manually, I activate hdr on W10 before launching madvr with hdr content, then I have "os hdr" on the osd and the hdr settings of my tv are enabled automatically.

Before the updates, i never had these issues and madvr was switching automatically from sdr (desktop)/hdr(video) with the good hdr settings of my tv???

Last edited by yok833; 3rd October 2018 at 19:54.
yok833 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2018, 20:12   #52948  |  Link
mclingo

just installed 1809, all "appears" to be working as before but unfortunately its brought back the AMD red colour sat issue in MADVR for me, i'll try reinstall AMD drivers.
Old 3rd October 2018, 20:18   #52949  |  Link
Klaus1189

Quote:
Originally Posted by yok833 View Post
Hi guys,

It seems that I have an issue since I updated W10 and the latest nvidia drivers.
What Win10 update? -> 1809?
Latest Nvidia Driver 4xx.xx has HDR issues, Nvidia users switched back to 399.xx.
But I am not a Nvidia user anymore for two years now and I don't regret it.

But to know how newer cards are behaving now 10-2018, I only have an older one, I need to know the following:
Is it temporaily with 4xx.xx Nvidia driver still problematic, when you set your desired Color depth of for example 10 bit (is it now available for RGB and YCbCr? or still 8bit and 12 bit only) and restart system, I remember I had trouble of Driver setting itself back one year back when I tried a 1080Ti Lightning Z.
If they have fixed it the last 12 months, maybe a Nvidia will probably sometime in the future suited for my needs.
Klaus1189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2018, 20:51   #52950  |  Link
brazen1

What are the HDR issues with 4xx.xx and why did you switch back to 399.xx?
I altered the latest 411.70 driver to workaround the audio bug today and installed it. What should I look for?
We are aware of no RGB 10bit. I use 8bit so as not to introduce banding so I really don't care.
Yes, you can select only 12bit and let it dither to 10bit but then there is banding.
This setting, as you stated, does not survive a reboot and reverts to 8bit.
8bit seems ideal to me.
If you want the 12bit setting to survive a reboot, you'll need to use 385.28 before the bug was introduced.
So back to the latest driver... What are the HDR issues I should look for? Preliminary testing revealed nothing out of the 3 players I used.
brazen1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2018, 21:14   #52951  |  Link
Klaus1189

Quote:
Originally Posted by brazen1 View Post
why did you switch back to 399.xx?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaus1189 View Post
But I am not a Nvidia user anymore for two years now

Quote:
What are the HDR issues with 4xx.xx?
I think the following posts help:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuriHL View Post
Anyone try 411.70 yet to see if the HDR issues have been resolved? I'm downloading it now.

EDIT: Nope....still a broken mess for HDR. How nice. Back to 399 I go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandari View Post
Can confirm HDR passthrouh doesnt work with nVidia 4xx.xx drivers on my 1070ti.
Maybe this has something to do with it

This driver release supports the Vulkan VK_EXT_swapchain_colorspace and VK_EXT_hdr_metadata extensions allowing applications to output HDR content to HDR displays via the Vulkan APIs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandari View Post
Tested again, doest't work.

Tried HDR switch in Windows, it works.

Switching back to 3.99 for now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blu3wh0 View Post
Nvidia 4xx.xx triggers HDR properly only in fullscreen exclusive mode for me.
Old 3rd October 2018, 21:28   #52952  |  Link
mclingo

windows 1809 update / MADVR AMD cards.

WORKING -

- HDR switch works as usual
- 3D switch works as usual (with FSE on as usual)

ISSUES (neither necessarily related to 1809)

- black screen with total HDMI loss coming out of 3D playback to 4k desktop using MADVR refresh rate switching
- over-saturation of colours, mainly reds with SDR 23hz (only) playback - HDR playback fine.

The oversat problem was fixed for me after installing latest MADVR in combination with latest AMD drivers, this didnt work this time, however calibrating for BT2020 display in MADVR still fixes this. I've fixed this before by installing drivers so I thinking this is something do with my system as only one or two other people seem to have this issue
Old 3rd October 2018, 21:37   #52953  |  Link
brazen1

I don't think those posts help?
I don't have a broken mess for HDR?
Passthrough is no problem here?
"Tested again, doesn't work" means a lot of nothing to me?
I agree, HDR doesn't switch unless using FSE but I always use FSE.

Other than those, that's it?
There is a lot of badmouthing nVidia going on.
Maybe it's the AMD vs nVidia stock price that's really the issue?
Anyway, using the newest nVidia driver as of today and so far so good.
Note, I did modify the new installer with an earlier audio driver and the audio is working perfectly too.
3D frame packed MVC perfect switching.
UHD HDR mode switching perfect in FSE, not windowed.

Last edited by brazen1; 3rd October 2018 at 21:39.
Old 3rd October 2018, 22:40   #52954  |  Link
Klaus1189

Not badmouthing!

Nvidia users have problems with their cards, me too with a 1080Ti one year ago, when I tested a new high end Nvidia card for me. The cards are not bad but the driver has major issues, that you can‘t talk away.
I am ready to pay 1k for a new Nvidia but it has to work as good as my current AMD which gets bashed all the time by so called experts/nVidia fanboys. I am not a AMD fanboy but I like it because it works like it should and every optional update is working fine, too.
Old 4th October 2018, 00:15   #52955  |  Link
SamuriHL

For me, the issue with the 4xx drivers is that I use windowed mode in madvr and HDR does not enable. madshi has contacted nVidia about the issue and hopefully we'll see a fix in an upcoming driver. I'm certainly not bad mouthing nVidia, however, I do consider HDR a mess with the 4xx driver for the above reason. Not a big deal to go back to 399.
Old 4th October 2018, 02:05   #52956  |  Link
brazen1

Not a big deal to use FSE either. I don't consider it a mess? Why do you need fullscreen windowed so bad that you would roll back the driver instead of simply switching FSE on? I was using windowed too. Just turned FSE on and I'm off and running. I use profiles for everything. Rendering too. I always use FSE for 3D so it's enabled in its profile. So now I've enabled it for the 2160p profile as well. FSE is still off for everything else. I don't think there is any detriment? I've heard others claim going into FSE makes their screen flash and therefore increases the time until the title starts. Except your display is going to flash when it goes into HDR mode anyway so no additional panel phasing time is occurring. Any other reasons FSE is a no, no other than rumor has it Windows may depreciate it some day?
Old 4th October 2018, 02:17   #52957  |  Link
Asmodian

Good point, we even have an "HDR" trigger for profiles now so you could even have FSE only for HDR content. All my 4K content is HDR and all my HDR content is 4K so this is moot for me. I will have to create a profile for rendering now. Thanks.
Old 4th October 2018, 02:55   #52958  |  Link
SamuriHL

For me, FSE is a non-starter. With my chosen player, going in and out of FSE is more than a simple flash. It actually takes time and can sometimes cause issues. Not that I do this during a normal watching, but, any mouse movement at all to get to a menu or to pause or anything like that takes time to switch modes and sometimes messes with my player. OTOH, once HDR is enabled, it's enabled...and doesn't switch in and out like FSE. It's a personal choice as to what works for each person and what workarounds you're willing to live with. For me, it's not really a problem to stick to a working driver until it's fixed in a new driver. Once it's fixed, I'll have no issue upgrading and won't have to set up profiles and deal with FSE issues in my setup. That's the beauty of madvr and why so many of us use it....there are MANY options available to us to configure it how we like. That power and flexibility doesn't exist anywhere else.
Old 4th October 2018, 03:19   #52959  |  Link
mi3gai4rui4

custom timings

Quote:
(3) And the ever popular Audio Video sync for common refresh rates such as 23.976 f/ps leads to dropped frames without creating custom timings.
Hi brazen1, can you please link me to instructions how to create custom timings to work around this issue?
I think I'm seeing it.
Or I'm seeing both A/V sync issues and stuttering video issues, I'd like to try this custom timings thing.
mi3gai4rui4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2018, 05:58   #52960  |  Link
gfxnow

Hi, I realize I might be beating a dead horse but in my mind the possible benefit to implementing G-sync/Freesync support would be not having to change display modes (either manually or automatically). Freesync will match the display's refresh rate to the renderer's output, whether that's 24 fps for film, 30 fps for tv recordings, 60 fps for gopro footage... etc.

Now that Samsung TVs are also supporting Freesync it is relevant to the home theater crowd and not just a gaming monitor thing.
gfxnow is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
direct compute, dithering, error diffusion, madvr, ngu, nnedi3, quality, renderer, scaling, uhd upscaling, upsampling