Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 13th November 2018, 08:46   #6501  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

Details please... does a log file exist where at least a hint of the analysis can be read? Is there anything to tell about the kind of crash? (Yes, different crash types do exist.) Is there possibly even an AviSynth script of the analysis step left over one could inspect and possibly even check with AVSMeter (if the same avisynth.dll and plugins selection can be configured)?

New German Gleitz board
MediaFire: x264 | x265 | VPx | AOM | Xvid
LigH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2018, 19:42   #6502  |  Link
rhaz

I can confirm I get same issue with megui x64 when indexing a dvd vob (that has interlaced source) and as soon as you tick 'Deinterlace' checkbox it crash. Tried this for dozens DVDs, happening for quite long now, never reported it because I would just switch to x32 version to rip old interlaced DVDs and newer ones with no interlace at x64 because I get like x2 more fps/speed.

avs scripts are basic defaults generated by the tool.

Log example (exp. 1 week)

maybe yadif.dll not supporting version or something, because when you tick the checkbox default filter loaded is yadif? I don't know.

Last edited by rhaz; 15th November 2018 at 19:53.
rhaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2018, 20:40   #6503  |  Link
locotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhaz View Post
I can confirm I get same issue with megui x64 when indexing a dvd vob (that has interlaced source) and as soon as you tick 'Deinterlace' checkbox it crash. Tried this for dozens DVDs, happening for quite long now, never reported it because I would just switch to x32 version to rip old interlaced DVDs and newer ones with no interlace at x64 because I get like x2 more fps/speed.

avs scripts are basic defaults generated by the tool.

Log example (exp. 1 week)

maybe yadif.dll not supporting version or something, because when you tick the checkbox default filter loaded is yadif? I don't know.
Why don't you run megui interlace check and let it to set the
proper de-interlacer or de-telecine with the proper settings?
locotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2018, 09:14   #6504  |  Link
rhaz

Don't know how to do this.
Old 16th November 2018, 16:55   #6505  |  Link
locotus

Open ifo file of your movie with file indexer, when done you find the interlece check in filters, deinterlacing, just click analyse.
locotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2018, 19:31   #6506  |  Link
rhaz

Okay, that works. It selects yadif anyway, so why I can't select yadif myself without crashing? It's a bug?

Anyway, encoding won't work, it crashes with "Process exits with error: 0xC0000005 STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION (-1073741819)"
Old 16th November 2018, 23:22   #6507  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

Well, that sounds like the yadif DLL has issues.

But yes, you should be able to select any other deinterlacer instead, e.g. TDeint. Manually. After the automatic detection suggested some.

New German Gleitz board
MediaFire: x264 | x265 | VPx | AOM | Xvid
LigH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2018, 19:07   #6508  |  Link
Zathor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissory View Post
@Zathor

There is a bug when transcoding DTS-HD or TrueHD audio (maybe others as well) in a mkv to another format using One-Click. It extracts the core stream and transcodes that instead of extracting and using the lossless audio stream.
It depends on what you are going to do. If you transcode into a lossless file (flac), it will use the full one, if you transcode to anything else with maximum number of channels <= the core stream, that one will be used.
Zathor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2018, 19:17   #6509  |  Link
Zathor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetti View Post
FFmpeg v4.1 is released.
Thanks, uploaded
Old 17th November 2018, 19:34   #6510  |  Link
Zathor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsy25 View Post
With every DVD I rip, Megui is always crashing upon analyzing the source for interlacing. Stable or Development version, doesn't matter. What has become of this once great tool ?
More details please (log file, ...)

Quote:
I can confirm I get same issue with megui x64 when indexing a dvd vob (that has interlaced source) and as soon as you tick 'Deinterlace' checkbox it crash. [..]
Sadly I am not able to reproduce it. Do you mind to share a short source file?
Old 17th November 2018, 19:46   #6511  |  Link
Zathor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOmundson View Post
Hey, I'm trying to encode from a 10-bit source, but every time I do I get this error. I haven't ever encountered this error before when encoding from 10-bit video, and am wondering if anyone has any tips on how to solve it.
Thanks for the report, will be fixed in the next build.
Old 18th November 2018, 07:41   #6512  |  Link
dissory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathor View Post
It depends on what you are going to do. If you transcode into a lossless file (flac), it will use the full one, if you transcode to anything else with maximum number of channels <= the core stream, that one will be used.
Is there any reason why it even uses the lossy core at all? I don't think anyone would want a lossy to lossy transcode when the lossless track is available.

I'm attempting to transcode DTS-HD 2 channel to AAC 2 channel and I would expect it to use the lossless stream yet it uses the core. Is it possible to add an option or a way to force MeGUI to transcode to a lossy file from only the lossless stream not the core regardless of channel count?
dissory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2018, 16:26   #6513  |  Link
rhaz

Hi, I replaced my x64 yadifmod2.dll with latest one from https://github.com/chikuzen/yadifmod2/releases and seems to be fixed.
Old 18th November 2018, 19:37   #6514  |  Link
Zathor

Quote:
Hi, I replaced my x64 yadifmod2.dll with latest one from https://github.com/chikuzen/yadifmod2/releases and seems to be fixed.
That is strange, the one I have added is newer and supports the new avs+ color formats - and the file does work for me.

On another note a new release is available. The input filters have been restricted to 8 bit by default as I have several reports that custom filters do not support the avs+ color formats, so it has to be enabled if needed.
Code:
2890 [Settings]             added option to restrict input filters to 8 bit (enabled by default)
     [x264]                 fixed high bit depth support if ffmpeg is not used
2889 [Queue]                multiple "waiting" jobs can be assigned to a temporary worker to be processed
                            internal queue handling optimizations
Old 19th November 2018, 06:38   #6515  |  Link
Lyle_JP
Unreasonable User

Just updated to the latest development buod of MeGUI (2890), and it is now adding the following line to all of my AVI scripts when I use the AVIScript Creator:
Quote:
ConvertBits(8))
It's not even proper syntax, and needless to say, it breaks every script unless I remove it.
Lyle_JP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2018, 08:31   #6516  |  Link
Zathor

Thanks for the report, however please provide more details (= the full created script).

In the meantime I have forced a downgrade to 2888 and as a workaround you can unselect the "restrict input filter to 8 bit" in the MeGUI\Settings.

EDIT: It seems that this is only an issue if DGIndexNV is used.
EDIT2: Should be fixed in 2891

Last edited by Zathor; 19th November 2018 at 20:22.
Old 19th November 2018, 19:51   #6517  |  Link
Betsy25

Just chiming in to report that the constant deinterlace check crashing upon clicking Analyze is gone by moving the Megui folder from C:\Program Files to the root of C:\
Betsy25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2018, 21:32   #6518  |  Link
wiggaz

Quote:
Thanks for the report, however please provide more details (= the full created script).

In the meantime I have forced a downgrade to 2888 and as a workaround you can unselect the "restrict input filter to 8 bit" in the MeGUI\Settings.

EDIT: It seems that this is only an issue if DGIndexNV is used.
EDIT2: Should be fixed in 2891
Hi,
I just updated to 2891 but I still get
Code:
ConvertBits(8)
when I create a script for an AVC source.
wiggaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2018, 22:07   #6519  |  Link
Zathor

That is a correct syntax:
http://avisynth.nl/index.php/ConvertBits
Old 19th November 2018, 22:25   #6520  |  Link
wiggaz

Quote:
Yes, sorry,
I was meaning I can still get it on the script creator, but then I saw the removing option in the Settings.
wiggaz is offline   Reply With Quote