Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 23rd December 2018, 16:55   #16501  |  Link
byteshare
ByteShare

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyNutz View Post
Not applicable when clicking "remove" and doesn't address non-use of recycle bin.
Then don't remove the job? I am not sure why you'd want to keep temp files since you should still have the source video and if you wanted to re-encode the same thing you can use the same job after it is done if you don't remove it.
I don't see why you'd want to move temp files to the recycle bin rather then remove them.
byteshare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2018, 00:29   #16502  |  Link
FuzzyNutz

Quote:
Originally Posted by byteshare View Post
Then don't remove the job? I am not sure why you'd want to keep temp files since you should still have the source video and if you wanted to re-encode the same thing you can use the same job after it is done if you don't remove it.
I don't see why you'd want to move temp files to the recycle bin rather then remove them.
Job folder creation is time intensive. The contents have value. It's wasteful to permanently delete them when the recycle bin is available.
RipBot, like other software running in windows, should allow users the second-chance afforded by the recycle bin.

Last edited by FuzzyNutz; 24th December 2018 at 01:11.
FuzzyNutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2018, 01:24   #16503  |  Link
FuzzyNutz

demux or wave

When loading blu-ray structure jobs with HD audio that will be re-encoded to AC3 or AAC, does selecting "demux" enable the least steps or is wave creation an inevitable intermediate, hence the reason "wave" is the default?

If the HD audio track in the above example is 7.1 and "wave" is selected, what difference does it make if the "5.1" box is checked, given that the AC3 and AAC choices don't exceed 5.1?

Last edited by FuzzyNutz; 24th December 2018 at 02:24.
Old 24th December 2018, 03:10   #16504  |  Link
Ryushin

Quote:
When loading blu-ray structure jobs with HD audio that will be re-encoded to AC3 or AAC, does selecting "demux" enable the least steps or is wave creation an inevitable intermediate, hence the reason "wave" is the default?

If the HD audio track in the above example is 7.1 and "wave" is selected, what difference does it make if the "5.1" box is checked, given that the AC3 and AAC choices don't exceed 5.1?
If I want to keep the original audio of the movie, I select Core and then x.x Copy Stream when selecting audio for the encoding settings. With the exception of TrueHD tracks, when using those, I have to select Demux. I essentially never use Wave unless its forced to because the audio is a PCM track. So essentially, use Core for everything except TrueHD tracks, and then you can select what you want in the encoding settings. I.e. Original, AC3, AAC, etc.
Ryushin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2018, 03:18   #16505  |  Link
Ryushin

Quote:
Job folder creation is time intensive. The contents have value. It's wasteful to permanently delete them when the recycle bin is available.
RipBot, like other software running in windows, should allow users the second-chance afforded by the recycle bin.
I can understand the idea behind this. Only problem is, the job has a number associated with it. Restoring it simply from Recycle Bin does not mean the job will be able to be re-integrated back into RB. Atak would have to actually create a restore job from Recycle Bin and then changed everything about it to have a new job number.

In many ways, think of deleting the job from RB as emptying the recycle bin. Only delete it once you are sure your created file is what you want.

My master server actually runs on a virtual machine on top of linux running ZFS. The master server never does any encoding itself, it just controls the slaves.

Twice I need to recover about a 50-150 jobs. I shutdown the VM. Created a clone from a snapshot of VM's drive, booted the VM with the cloned drive, did my work that I needed to do with the jobs, and then shut it back down and destroyed the clone and restored the original VM's drive and picked up where I left off.
Old 24th December 2018, 04:20   #16506  |  Link
FuzzyNutz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryushin View Post
If I want to keep the original audio of the movie, I select Core and then x.x Copy Stream when selecting audio for the encoding settings. With the exception of TrueHD tracks, when using those, I have to select Demux. I essentially never use Wave unless its forced to because the audio is a PCM track. So essentially, use Core for everything except TrueHD tracks, and then you can select what you want in the encoding settings. I.e. Original, AC3, AAC, etc.
None of which address my questions.

Unrelated: You might have overlooked that TrueHD tracks in blu-ray structures often contain a selectable core. Also, using HD cores to re-encode to AC3 or AAC is not preferred practice.

Last edited by FuzzyNutz; 24th December 2018 at 09:19.
Old 24th December 2018, 04:29   #16507  |  Link
FuzzyNutz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryushin View Post
Only problem is, the job has a number associated with it. Restoring it simply from Recycle Bin does not mean the job will be able to be re-integrated back into RB. Atak would have to actually create a restore job from Recycle Bin and then changed everything about it to have a new job number.
Reinstating removed jobs wasn't my focus, but I appreciate that the issues associated with restoring job folders are likely why the recycle bin isn't employed.

Last edited by FuzzyNutz; 24th December 2018 at 06:17.
Old 24th December 2018, 06:27   #16508  |  Link
Ryushin

Quote:
None of which address my questions.

You might have overlooked that TrueHD tracks in blu-ray structures often contain selectable cores. Also, using HD cores to re-encode to AC3 or AAC is not preferred practice.
If I use Core on a TrueHD track, it will extract the AC3 from it. I have yet to see a DTS track in a TrueHD stream. I prefer to to re-encode if necessary. If that AC3 track exists, I copy the stream. If it is DTS, I re-encode to AC3. Selecting Core gives me the most options what to do with the audio track.
Old 24th December 2018, 18:58   #16509  |  Link
legend

Update not working ????
legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2018, 17:08   #16510  |  Link
gabbett1

I recently updated my Ripbot and am having issues getting it to complete a job. I'm getting an error text created instead of the video file. The text says this:

"
C:\>"F:\Blue Ray Ripping\EncodingClient.exe" "D:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1_EncodingClient.meta"

C:\>"F:\Blue Ray Ripping\tools\mp4box\mp4box.exe" -tmp "D:\Temp\RipBot264temp" -add "D:\Temp\RipBot264temp\video.264":name="Pirates Of The Caribbean The Curse Of The Black Pearl" -fps 23.976 -add "D:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\Encoded_Audio_1.aac":lang=eng -mpeg4 -chap "D:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\chapters.txt" -new "D:\New Uncopied\Pirates Of The Caribbean The Curse Of The Black Pearl\Pirates Of The Caribbean The Curse Of The Black Pearl.mp4"
Cannot find file D:\Temp\RipBot264temp\video.264
Error importing D:\Temp\RipBot264temp\video.264:name=Pirates Of The Caribbean The Curse Of The Black Pearl: Requested URL is not valid or cannot be found
-------------------------

Elapsed Time: 00h:24m:04s"
gabbett1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2018, 15:19   #16511  |  Link
oRAirwolf

Is anybody else having problems launching the encoding server after updating to 1.23.1? I have tried on 2 different machines, which are both running the latest version of VMware ESXi 6.7 on both Windows 10 1809, Server 2016, and Server 2019. I try to launch the encoding server and nothing happens. No error. It just doesn't open.
oRAirwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2018, 16:03   #16512  |  Link
ReinerSchweinlin

Did you look up the taskmanager if any old instances of any ripbot part are still active?
ReinerSchweinlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2018, 16:46   #16513  |  Link
slalom

Anyone having problems with auto shut down?
Has already happeden 2 times on one PC
slalom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2018, 22:59   #16514  |  Link
GZZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by burt123 View Post
My suggestions of building a simple remuxing tool, that also offers some filtering, denoising, & DE, would be very welcome, as most 4K movies probably don't require encoding, and I'm not too interested in reducing file size.
Not possible!

You cant create a remux tool that will apply filters to the video without reencoding it. Its like changing the content of a encrypted zip file without open it! Its the same with video, you need to decode it (unzip), then modify the content and encode it again (zipping). Where zipping is mustly relying on the speed of your hdd and not so much the cpu power. Encoding on the other hand is much more relying on the cpu rather then the hdd and thats why a remuxing tool with those filters is not possible and thats where ripbot264 comes into the picture.
GZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2018, 04:48   #16515  |  Link
gabbett1

delete

Last edited by gabbett1; 31st December 2018 at 05:12.
gabbett1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2018, 04:57   #16516  |  Link
howzz

hi, please excuse me for not reading the entire 820 pages of thread. i've bounced between Handbrake and Ripbot back and forth for the last 10 years. recently looking to come back to Ripbot again due to somewhere i read that Ripbot now supports full front to back H265 HDR UDH 10bit workflow. is that true?

the problem with Handbrake currently is that even though it'll allow you to chose H265 10bit, and it'll take H265 10 bit input, but it still converts it to 8 bit first. so essentially it's still a 8 bit workflow, so missing a lot of the color information. one of their main devs confirmed that the full 10 bit pipeline is still in the works, and likely will not be completely overhauled for a while.

so does Ripbot fully support UHD 10 bit H265 now that it doesn't convert to 8 bit during the conversion? i downloaded the latest version of 1.23.1, and it indeed has the H265 10 bit function, just like Handbrake does, but i just want to confirm with someone, perhaps the dev, that there's no 8 bit process involved in-between if i chose the H265 10 bit option.

thanks

Last edited by howzz; 31st December 2018 at 05:40.
howzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2018, 08:21   #16517  |  Link
GZZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by howzz View Post
hi, please excuse me for not reading the entire 820 pages of thread. i've bounced between Handbrake and Ripbot back and forth for the last 10 years. recently looking to come back to Ripbot again due to somewhere i read that Ripbot now supports full front to back H265 HDR UDH 10bit workflow. is that true?

the problem with Handbrake currently is that even though it'll allow you to chose H265 10bit, and it'll take H265 10 bit input, but it still converts it to 8 bit first. so essentially it's still a 8 bit workflow, so missing a lot of the color information. one of their main devs confirmed that the full 10 bit pipeline is still in the works, and likely will not be completely overhauled for a while.

so does Ripbot fully support UHD 10 bit H265 now that it doesn't convert to 8 bit during the conversion? i downloaded the latest version of 1.23.1, and it indeed has the H265 10 bit function, just like Handbrake does, but i just want to confirm with someone, perhaps the dev, that there's no 8 bit process involved in-between if i chose the H265 10 bit option.

thanks
Yes it does everything in 10bit including filters, but be aware if you use at custom filter.
GZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2018, 19:43   #16518  |  Link
howzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by GZZ View Post
Yes it does everything in 10bit including filters, but be aware if you use at custom filter.
thanks!. this is what i was looking for. appreciate it.
howzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2019, 19:37   #16519  |  Link
nekrosoft13

on a dual Xeon system, how can I activate Numa Node 1?

[SYSTEM] CPU Name = Genuine Intel(R) CPU @ 2.00GHz
[SYSTEM] NUMA Nodes = 2
[SYSTEM] CPU Cores Per Node = 12
[SYSTEM] CPU Threads Per Node = 24
[SERVER] Encoding NUMA Node = 0
[SERVER] Encoding Affinity Mask = 000000001111111111111111
[SERVER] Encoding Priority = normal
[OPENCL] GPU device id 0 = GeForce GT 610 (1CU)
[AVISYNTH] Prefetch Threads = 8
[ADAPTER0] A0-36-9F-A1-21-3D = 192.168.1.102

[2019-01-01 12:40:44] Waiting for connection...

when ever I select Numa node 1 in additional servers and click activate I always end up on Numa node 0

Last edited by nekrosoft13; 1st January 2019 at 19:42.
nekrosoft13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2019, 19:57   #16520  |  Link
nekrosoft13

If I go into task manager and manually set affinity it uses the cores correctly.

But then when encode task is done, it goes back to node 0 only.

circled areas are when I manually set affinity, and you can see it in task manager too, when affinity was set, node 1 (second cpu) also turned on.
Attached Images

nekrosoft13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
264, 265, appletv, avchd, bluray, gui, iphone, ipod, ps3, psp, ripbot264, x264 2-pass, x264 gui, x264_64, x265, xbox360