Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 27th December 2018, 21:07   #6661  |  Link
Zathor

Based on a patch I am currently checking fmpeg's aac encoder which will be added soon, I tested ffmpeg's AV1 but that is slow as hell so I tend to not add that at the moment. Are there any encoders which should be added?
Zathor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2018, 22:02   #6662  |  Link
gonca

NVenc, or maybe expose more settings in x265
gonca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2018, 13:52   #6663  |  Link
kuchikirukia

Is there a way to get the HD Streams Extractor's multiple audio output format options again? I found the conversion to FLAC to overcome multiple problems when trying to further encode. (THD files not being openable by anything; the audio mysteriously ending in the middle)
kuchikirukia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2018, 19:14   #6664  |  Link
hello_hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuchikirukia View Post
Is there a way to get the HD Streams Extractor's multiple audio output format options again? I found the conversion to FLAC to overcome multiple problems when trying to further encode. (THD files not being openable by anything; the audio mysteriously ending in the middle)
"Settings" on the far left of the HD Streams Extractor toolbar (near the top) is actually a drop down menu for enabling those options, although it's not terribly obvious it's a menu (on my PC).

I don't think I can blame "flat design" for that one, even though I'd like to because "flat design" is a little silly, but as it's the only item on a toolbar which isn't obviously a toolbar, it's easy to overlook.
hello_hello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2018, 22:49   #6665  |  Link
doomleox999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathor View Post
Mhm, fixed one bug in 2898 and created a new one as it seems.
EDIT: Should be fixed in 2901
It's now fixed. Thanks!

New problem (I think) with One Click Encoder. If I load a file or a folder with multiple video files and mark "don't encode video" (because I only want the audio of those video files to be encoded) MeGUI encodes the videos anyways.

Also, why One Click Encoder needs a video file to work? If I want to use that tool to encode just an audio file or multiple audio files, it doesn't allow me...
doomleox999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2018, 08:07   #6666  |  Link
Lyle_JP
Unreasonable User

I am having some weird behavior with 2901 (x86). When I make changes to the x265 settings in x265 scratchpad, and then queue a new job, the new job keeps using the previous scratchpad settings. When I go back in to scratchpad, my changes to the settings are still there, but they're not reflected in the command-line passed to x265. I have to go in and out of scratchpad and queue a job multiple times before the change "takes".
Lyle_JP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2018, 16:45   #6667  |  Link
Zathor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello_hello View Post
"Settings" on the far left of the HD Streams Extractor toolbar (near the top) is actually a drop down menu for enabling those options, although it's not terribly obvious it's a menu (on my PC).

I don't think I can blame "flat design" for that one, even though I'd like to because "flat design" is a little silly, but as it's the only item on a toolbar which isn't obviously a toolbar, it's easy to overlook.
What would you suggest instead? I could remove it there and move it to the global options however then you need to switch to options if you want to change a thing. Also I do not like to have these options there directly as they take a lot of space and would increase the window size.
Old 29th December 2018, 16:47   #6668  |  Link
Zathor

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomleox999 View Post
New problem (I think) with One Click Encoder. If I load a file or a folder with multiple video files and mark "don't encode video" (because I only want the audio of those video files to be encoded) MeGUI encodes the videos anyways.
Please post the full logs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomleox999 View Post
Also, why One Click Encoder needs a video file to work? If I want to use that tool to encode just an audio file or multiple audio files, it doesn't allow me...
Because it has been designed that way - do not ask me why :-) Let me see if I can change that easily however I fear that may not be an easy one.
Old 29th December 2018, 16:47   #6669  |  Link
Zathor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyle_JP View Post
I am having some weird behavior with 2901 (x86). When I make changes to the x265 settings in x265 scratchpad, and then queue a new job, the new job keeps using the previous scratchpad settings. When I go back in to scratchpad, my changes to the settings are still there, but they're not reflected in the command-line passed to x265. I have to go in and out of scratchpad and queue a job multiple times before the change "takes".
Seems to be an follow-up issue of 2898 and 2901. I have to check that one.
EDIT: reproduced

Last edited by Zathor; 29th December 2018 at 16:54.
Old 29th December 2018, 22:57   #6670  |  Link
Melan

I also have a similar problem.
The only setting I change several times a day is
Config> Main> Quality (CRF value)
In the latest version of MeGui, this change is not "passed" to the encoder.
This error has "accumulated" since the last few MeGui updates. In Avisynth script creator, I have to click several times to change the value of "crop".

Last edited by Melan; 29th December 2018 at 23:04.
Melan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2018, 10:28   #6671  |  Link
doomleox999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathor View Post
Please post the full logs.
I figured it out. I checked the log and it says "intermediate mkv is disabled... Don't encode video is not supported"

So that's the reason. I changed that setting and now it works!
doomleox999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2018, 10:42   #6672  |  Link
Zathor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melan View Post
I also have a similar problem.
The only setting I change several times a day is
Config> Main> Quality (CRF value)
In the latest version of MeGui, this change is not "passed" to the encoder.
This error has "accumulated" since the last few MeGui updates. In Avisynth script creator, I have to click several times to change the value of "crop".
This should be fixed in 2902 - please report back if there are any issues left.
Old 30th December 2018, 16:37   #6673  |  Link
Zathor

Code:
2904 [FFmpeg AAC Encoder]   added FFmpeg AAC encoder. patch by Yarick Yermak (patch #71)
                            unlike the other AAC encoder this one is available without any additional actions
2903 [Chapter Creator]      added frame + output time code (if different from input)
                            improved/changed handling e.g. input/output fps will be locked based on source/preview
2902 [Profiles]             fixed not applying new settings immediately (regression of 2901)
2901 [OneClick]             fixed not selecting the desired profile in profile config (regression of 2898)
2900 [DGIndexNV/IM Indexer] fixed broken dgi file for multi segment input files (regression of 2897)
Old 31st December 2018, 15:42   #6674  |  Link
Zathor

Code:
2905 [Main]                 moved the changelog to the tab control
                            new entries after an update will be highlighted
Old 1st January 2019, 11:16   #6675  |  Link
Melan

@Zathor After the last corrections, it seems to me that everything is fine. But there is always something to improve.

Could you add the following features?
Opening the AVS Cutter preview window as:
- minimized, or
- adding a minimize button to the dimension not less than eg 540/320.
Currently, the window has Fit and 1:1 buttons, which are actually doubles, and there is no button to minimize the preview window.

Automatically specifies in the title bar of the AVS Cutter window the sum of the number of frames contained in "Included sections"?

Happy New Year.
Melan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2019, 16:31   #6676  |  Link
dissory

Zathor, is it possible to change the behavior in One-Click GUI so that when transcoding files with a lossless audio stream (like DTS-HD/TrueHD) to transcode using the lossless stream instead of the lossy core regardless of channel count?
dissory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2019, 02:09   #6677  |  Link
pommesmatte

Problems do occur with the changed cropping syntax for DGSource, apparently because my DGIndexNV is too old.
Why the current version is not avaiable via update server?
pommesmatte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2019, 02:13   #6678  |  Link
Barough

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommesmatte View Post
Problems do occur with the changed cropping syntax for DGSource, apparently because my DGIndexNV is too old.
Why the current version is not avaiable via update server?
Make sure you use the development update server.

Sent from my SM-G965F via Tapatalk
Old 3rd January 2019, 02:38   #6679  |  Link
pommesmatte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barough View Post
Make sure you use the development update server.

I'm on development of course. I forced manual reinstall of DGIndexNV now. Server date was wrong and has not been updated since the version before.
pommesmatte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2019, 02:40   #6680  |  Link
Barough

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommesmatte View Post
I'm on development of course. I forced manual reinstall of DGIndexNV now. Server date was wrong and has not been updated since the version before.
Something for Zathor to have a look at then.