Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 9th October 2019, 16:34   #17421  |  Link
SKPN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
Is delay always 1000ms?
That I'm not sure of. It is on the few I've spot-checked, so I may be able to just run it with that delay, and fix the ones I come across that are wrong, but ideally I would be able to just have it use the same settings that are in the source file.

One other question: When doing a batch, is there a way to select which subtitles to render? When doing individual encodes, I can obviously select which subtitle track I want to burn in, but when I tested with the batch option on a file that had two subtitle tracks, it didn't burn either into the video; it just dropped them both from the resulting file altogether.
SKPN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2019, 16:37   #17422  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
One other question: When doing a batch, is there a way to select which subtitles to render? When doing individual encodes, I can obviously select which subtitle track I want to burn in, but when I tested with the batch option on a file that had two subtitle tracks, it didn't burn either into the video; it just dropped them both from the resulting file altogether.
subtitle must be in the same folder as video file and have the same name to be automatically burned in. For example
C:\Folder\video.mkv
C:\Folder\video.srt
Atak_Snajpera is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2019, 16:38   #17423  |  Link
byteshare
ByteShare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauly Dunne View Post
I to have a multi pc server farm, and I get very frustrated at the wasted resources between encodes...if you are encoding a 4K movie, when it gets to the muxing stage, ONLY 1 pc is working on that, ALL the other's a twiddling their thumbs, for an extended period, could be 20 - 30 minutes !!! So over several movies in a queue, that's hour's wasted !!!
Just because you don't have a set up like this, you think it's a waste of time.
As already pointed out using an SSD as your mux drive (temp drive and end point for encodes) would speed things up, but you could alternatively have a lower priority encode with HandBrake or something on each to fill that time. (more to manage I know)
Quote:
Also, you add these new features, and don't give any explanation on what they are for, or how to enable/use them....
And what about us users that have AMD GPU's ???
And here's another feature request..
How about displaying the Core version on the main gui page, so it's there for everyone to see, instead of looking for it.
And another suggestion (that has been asked for before), wouldn't it be beneficial to change the build number by a .1 for EVERY auto update, that too would help keep track of build's/version's.
And while I'm at it, a changelog would be good, too.
-While you can't use AMD GPUs for decode you can use them for some filters that use OpenCL GPU, such as KNLMeansCL.
-I would like a better way of knowing which version I'm actually on and what was changed but that is up to the dev so I understand if they don't want to spend more time/energy changing the version every release or changing the way the release is shown (with the core version) and giving detailed notes of the changes. I've become accustomed to looking for changes or asking and I almost always get a response.
Quote:
OMG, well clearly you don't have much experience with high bitrate 4K muxing !!
Maybe it is just me but this comes off a little hostile. This is a free program and it is both the encoding app I use mostly and my preferred--I would say it isn't perfect but the best for experienced users that want AVISynth.
byteshare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2019, 16:42   #17424  |  Link
byteshare
ByteShare

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKPN View Post
That I'm not sure of. It is on the few I've spot-checked, so I may be able to just run it with that delay, and fix the ones I come across that are wrong, but ideally I would be able to just have it use the same settings that are in the source file.
If you mux in the audio from the source (manually) to the encoded file does it keep the timing? I can't remember if it does.
If it does, you could skip audio in RB and just use a bactch file to copy the audio at the end to all of your encoded files from the source files.
Old 9th October 2019, 16:56   #17425  |  Link
SKPN

Quote:
subtitle must be in the same folder as video file and have the same name to be automatically burned in. For example
C:\Folder\video.mkv
C:\Folder\video.srt
The subtitles are embedded in the source file. Do I need to extract and rename them for it to work properly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by byteshare View Post
If you mux in the audio from the source (manually) to the encoded file does it keep the timing? I can't remember if it does.
If it does, you could skip audio in RB and just use a bactch file to copy the audio at the end to all of your encoded files from the source files.
I will give that a try.

Edit: It does keep the original timing if I mux the source audio in manually. I guess I will need to figure out how to write a batch file to extract the audio from the source and mux it into the encoded file.

Last edited by SKPN; 9th October 2019 at 17:00.
Old 9th October 2019, 17:38   #17426  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
The subtitles are embedded in the source file. Do I need to extract and rename them for it to work properly?
1) Run batch mode but select Prepare all jobs and wait for user
2) Demuxed subtitles should be in Job folder. Now you will have to copy selected subtitles to folder like I mentioned in previous post
3) Run again batch mode.

Quote:
I guess I will need to figure out how to write a batch file to extract the audio from the source and mux it into the encoded file.
If you are familiar with batch scripting then you could remux encoded file with correct audio delay using Job finished successfully.cmd
Old 9th October 2019, 19:53   #17427  |  Link
SKPN

Quote:
If you are familiar with batch scripting then you could remux encoded file with correct audio delay using Job finished successfully.cmd
How do I make use of the Job Finished Successfully cmd? Where is that located? I was able to create a batch file to fix the audio delay, but I'm not familiar with post-processing with RipBot.

I also solved my subtitle problem by just extracting them with MKVCleaver and doing a bulk rename to match the originals, so thank you for your help there!
Old 9th October 2019, 19:57   #17428  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

If you have latest version then it should be located in the same folder as RipBot264.exe
Old 9th October 2019, 20:16   #17429  |  Link
byteshare
ByteShare

Quote:
Edit: It does keep the original timing if I mux the source audio in manually. I guess I will need to figure out how to write a batch file to extract the audio from the source and mux it into the encoded file.
I haven't figured out "Job finished successfully.cmd" completely but also I have issues with names matching up since RipBot takes out the "." (I know I could manually remove it on my sources first, but haven't yet)
That said, but this in a "File.bat" and adjust the directories as needed (Assuming your MKVMerge is where I put it as well):
Code:
@echo off
FOR %%A IN (*.mkv) DO "C:\Program Files\MKVToolNix\mkvmerge.exe" -o ".\Muxed\%%A"  "%%A" -D -S --no-global-tags "C:\Source\%%A"
pause
You'd run the batch file where the output (encoded file) is.
If you use the "Job finished successfully.cmd" you could have this be "automated", downside would be it would remux all previous encoded files unless you had those automatically deleted/moved.

Last edited by byteshare; 9th October 2019 at 20:20.
Old 9th October 2019, 20:19   #17430  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
I haven't figured out "Job finished successfully.cmd" completely
It is very simple. Let's say you want to delete original file after successful conversion.
This is how to do it.

Code:
@REM *********** SUPPORTED EXTRA VARIABLES ***********
@REM *                                               *
@REM * %RIPBOT264TEMP%  = e.g. c:\Temp\Ripbot264temp *
@REM * %JOB%            = e.g. Job1                  *
@REM * %INPUTFILEDIR%   = e.g. C:\SourceVideos       *
@REM * %OUTPUTFILEDIR%  = e.g. C:\EncodedVideos      *
@REM * %INPUTFILENAME%  = e.g. MySourceVideo         *
@REM * %OUTPUTFILENAME% = e.g. MyEncodedVideo        *
@REM * %INPUTFILEEXT%   = e.g. avi                   *
@REM * %OUTPUTFILEEXT%  = e.g. mkv                   *
@REM * %YEAR%           = e.g. 2019                  *
@REM * %MONTH%          = e.g. 01                    *
@REM * %DAY%            = e.g. 31                    *
@REM * %HOUR%           = e.g. 23                    *
@REM * %MINUTE%         = e.g. 59                    *
@REM * %SECOND%         = e.g. 00                    *
@REM * %MILLISECOND%    = e.g. 999                   *
@REM *************************************************
del %INPUTFILEDIR%\%INPUTFILENAME%.%INPUTFILEEXT%
Old 9th October 2019, 20:23   #17431  |  Link
SKPN

Quote:
If you have latest version then it should be located in the same folder as RipBot264.exe
That would explain why I can't find it. I'm still on v1.24.1. I remember trying out v1.25.0 and it being considerably slower than 1.24, so I went back.
Old 9th October 2019, 20:23   #17432  |  Link
byteshare
ByteShare

Quote:
It is very simple. Let's say you want to delete original file after successful conversion.
This is how to do it.

Code:
@REM *********** SUPPORTED EXTRA VARIABLES ***********
@REM * %RIPBOT264TEMP%  = e.g. c:\Temp\Ripbot264temp *
@REM * %JOB%            = e.g. Job1                  *
@REM * %INPUTFILEDIR%   = e.g. C:\SourceVideos       *
@REM * %OUTPUTFILEDIR%  = e.g. C:\EncodedVideos      *
@REM * %INPUTFILENAME%  = e.g. MySourceVideo         *
@REM * %OUTPUTFILENAME% = e.g. MyEncodedVideo        *
@REM * %INPUTFILEEXT%   = e.g. avi                   *
@REM * %OUTPUTFILEEXT%  = e.g. mkv                   *
@REM * %YEAR%           = e.g. 2019                  *
@REM * %MONTH%          = e.g. 01                    *
@REM * %DAY%            = e.g. 31                    *
@REM * %HOUR%           = e.g. 23                    *
@REM * %MINUTE%         = e.g. 59                    *
@REM * %SECOND%         = e.g. 00                    *
@REM * %MILLISECOND%    = e.g. 999                   *
@REM *************************************************
del %INPUTFILEDIR%\%INPUTFILENAME%.%INPUTFILEEXT%
Ah, okay. I thought maybe I needed to define the extra variables. I thought they were all examples of what they could equal. Didn't realize they were pulling information such as the %INPUTFILEDIR% from the job itself.

Last edited by byteshare; 9th October 2019 at 20:42.
Old 9th October 2019, 20:24   #17433  |  Link
byteshare
ByteShare

Quote:
That would explain why I can't find it. I'm still on v1.24.1. I remember trying out v1.25.0 and it being considerably slower than 1.24, so I went back.
Two things have changed since then that might have been why it was slow for you:
1. LSmash doesn't have to be default
2. there was a fix for using some of the filters with multi-threading
Old 9th October 2019, 20:47   #17434  |  Link
byteshare
ByteShare

Would something like this work for the "Job finished successfully.bat":
Code:
"C:\Program Files\MKVToolNix\mkvmerge.exe" -o "%OUTPUTFILEDIR%\Muxed\%INPUTFILENAME%.mkv"  "%OUTPUTFILEDIR%\%OUTPUTFILENAME%.%OUTPUTFILEEXT%" -D -S --no-chapters --no-global-tags "%INPUTFILEDIR%\%INPUTFILENAME%.%INPUTFILEEXT%"
timeout 5
MOVE %OUTPUTFILEDIR%\%OUTPUTFILENAME%.%OUTPUTFILEEXT% "%OUTPUTFILEDIR%\Hold"
Did the last MOVE rather than del encase something went wrong or maybe someone would still want it until they verified the output (Muxed) folder.

Will RipBot be waiting to do the next job while the "Job finished successfully.bat" is done running?

Last edited by byteshare; 9th October 2019 at 20:49.
Old 9th October 2019, 21:51   #17435  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
.Will RipBot be waiting to do the next job while the "Job finished successfully.bat" is done running?
No...
Old 10th October 2019, 00:18   #17436  |  Link
Pauly Dunne
Grumpy Old Man.

Quote:
As already pointed out using an SSD as your mux drive (temp drive and end point for encodes) would speed things up,
I will definitely be trying that...

Quote:
-I would like a better way of knowing which version I'm actually on and what was changed but that is up to the dev so I understand if they don't want to spend more time/energy changing the version every release or changing the way the release is shown (with the core version) and giving detailed notes of the changes. I've become accustomed to looking for changes or asking and I almost always get a response.
I'm sure it would only take a couple of minutes..

Quote:
Maybe it is just me but this comes off a little hostile. This is a free program and it is both the encoding app I use mostly and my preferred--I would say it isn't perfect but the best for experienced users that want AVISynth.
I know that my reply might seem a bit like that, but it was in response to the previous post, which was rather irrelevant to high bitrate 4K content. I do recall that the dev mentioned (albeit a while back) that he had no, to limited access to 4K material.

Thank you for your input
Old 10th October 2019, 06:08   #17437  |  Link
byteshare
ByteShare

Quote:
No...
Awesome. I was worried that it would slow down jobs.
I'll run some tests on it now. I have the "keep jobs after successful conversion" not checked. Need to see if the job folder is removed before or after the script because I was realizing that I could copy most of what i need from the video.mkv directly since it still have audio, subs, and things and is on my SSD scratch drive already rather than the physical HD I use for storing sources.
Old 10th October 2019, 07:19   #17438  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
Awesome. I was worried that it would slow down jobs.
I'll run some tests on it now. I have the "keep jobs after successful conversion" not checked. Need to see if the job folder is removed before or after the script because I was realizing that I could copy most of what i need from the video.mkv directly since it still have audio, subs, and things and is on my SSD scratch drive already rather than the physical HD I use for storing sources.
Like I said code in ripbot does not wait for cmd script so job folder will be deleted anyway. I predict that your script will block files and you will end up with some files still present in job folder.

Last edited by Atak_Snajpera; 10th October 2019 at 07:22.
Old 10th October 2019, 09:45   #17439  |  Link
duffbeer

I'm still seeing very slow performance when setting up an encode since the update to 1.25 and none of the small updates since have solved the problems for me.
It takes around 20 mins to demux and index my source and then another 10 mins to use the auto crop. After the auto crop has finished it takes another 10 mins to return to the main menu where I can start the job queue.

40+ mins for each job is really frustrating and I can't see any obvious reason that this has now changed. If I go back to 1.24.1, everything works within a few seconds.

Does anyone have any idea what may be happening here?
duffbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2019, 09:55   #17440  |  Link
forkicks

Hello.

I am running rb updated (just did a recheck for updates after running rb for 3 days).

I got this on a few jobs (with different files):
----------[2019-10-09 20:54:26]----------

File: Y:\batch1\les.sauvages.s01e01.french.1080p.hdtv.x264-hybris.mkv
FFAudioSource: Audio format change detected. This is currently unsupported. Channels: 6 -> 2; Sample rate: 48000 -> 48000; Sample format: fltp -> fltp
(C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job16\getinfo.avs, line 4)

Most of the files encoded properly, but these few failed with this error. The thing is, in my job definition, i have Rb set to copy the audio track, not encode it at all, so i don't understand why it's trying to check this.

Thanks,
fK

Last edited by forkicks; 10th October 2019 at 09:57. Reason: audio file -> audio track*
forkicks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
264, 265, appletv, avchd, bluray, gui, iphone, ipod, ps3, psp, ripbot264, x264 2-pass, x264 gui, x264_64, x265, xbox360