Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage

Old 11th August 2019, 15:56   #741  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

Yes, that one is misleading,
My Quad Core 2 is (I think) second fastest of its generation[Q9550], and does not have SSE4.2 (4.1 only).
Think some of the later faster dual core's are also called Core 2, but have 4.2. (bit confusing).

As regards above mentioned "AvsInit.avsi", I'm posting new thread in a minute a startup avsi called InitExternalLpugins.avsi which can replace mentioned AvsInit,avsi.

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities", but how many of them are infinitely bigger ???
StainlessS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2019, 16:05   #742  |  Link
szabi

My CPU is i7-860 which is also very old however it has SSE4.2 support.
So I assumed I did copy the correct version.
Also fftw3.dll, and libfftw3f-3.dll was copied as wiki descripted.
Overall I still not understand why did not worked if everything was done as wiki guieded, but "AVSRepoGUI" solved it somehow.
Once more thanks for both of you.
szabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2019, 16:41   #743  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

Maybe some problem in Avs+ CPU detection, or some assumption that some other instruction is present just because SSE4.2 is present.
Not sure if Pinterf did that version Nnedi3, perhaps it requires further investigation.

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities", but how many of them are infinitely bigger ???
Old 11th August 2019, 17:10   #744  |  Link
ChaosKing

This nnedi version is compiled by jpsdr https://github.com/jpsdr/NNEDI3
Old 16th October 2019, 04:32   #745  |  Link
eobard

Guys, i want to ask, does preset placebo in QTGMC giving most best/lossless quality? Give me arguments which are giving the best quality with placebo preset, thanks
eobard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2019, 07:12   #746  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

Similar to video encoders with presets using such a name: It is guaranteed that it takes the most efforts; but it is not guaranteed that it returns the best results, or even results with any noticeable difference from more efficient presets.

New German Gleitz board
MediaFire: x264 | x265 | VPx | AOM | Xvid
LigH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2019, 10:59   #747  |  Link
kedautinh12

i meet error notice: "i don't know what 'AvsPlusVersionNumber' means" when use with avisynth+ r2728

Last edited by kedautinh12; 26th October 2019 at 11:11.
kedautinh12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2019, 11:06   #748  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

kedautinh12, see post #742.

EDIT: Dont call the little script in #742 AvsInit.avsi, there is now another script of that name, here:- https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=176749
EDIT: If you use Groucho2004 Universal Avisnyth thingy, you might find the bigger script of more use,
allows using GScript with Avs standard, or built-in Gscript functionality in avs+ [GScript scripts need GScript(" ... ") wrappers edited out].

Last edited by StainlessS; 26th October 2019 at 11:12.
Old 26th October 2019, 11:14   #749  |  Link
kedautinh12

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessS View Post

EDIT: Dont call the little script in #742 AvsInit.avsi, there is now another script of that name, here:- https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=176749
EDIT: If you use Groucho2004 Universal Avisnyth thingy, you might find the bigger script of more use,
allows using GScript with Avs standard, or built-in Gscript functionality in avs+ [GScript scripts need GScript(" ... ") wrappers edited out].
thanks
Old 26th October 2019, 11:20   #750  |  Link
kedautinh12

Quote:

now have error: "there is no function name 'RT_FunctionExist', i was load plugin RT_Stats.dll
Old 26th October 2019, 11:35   #751  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

Quote:
Code:
# AvsInit.avsi
Global AVSINIT_VER = 1.04
/*
    AvsInit.avsi, (c) StainlessS @ Doom9

Req:-  RT_Stats v1.43+, (c)StainlessS : GScript (c)Gavino[Mandatory if non AVS+] : SysInfo (optional) (c)Groucho2004.

Script Called on Avisynth startup, (place in your Plugins directory), used for whatever startup initialization is required eg SetMemoryMax().
    Makes some Functions available to User Scripts later, when user Avisynth scripts are being processed.
RT_Stats:- https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...light=RT_Stats

SysInfo(almost mandatory now, likely mandatory soon):- https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...hlight=sysinfo

EDIT: RT_Stats has functions that are available in no other plugins nor avs version [sysinfo same].

Last edited by StainlessS; 26th October 2019 at 11:38.
Old 26th October 2019, 11:42   #752  |  Link
kedautinh12

Quote:
RT_Stats:- https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...light=RT_Stats

SysInfo(almost mandatory now, likely mandatory soon):- https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...hlight=sysinfo

EDIT: RT_Stats has functions that are available in no other plugins nor avs version [sysinfo same].
i was used RT_Stats v2.00 Beta 12, now i found new error no function named 'GScriptclip' when i use avs+, and then i continued add GScript.dll still continue error no function named 'GScriptclip'
Old 26th October 2019, 11:48   #753  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

GscriptClip(), is not used within AvsInit.avsi, what is exact error message ? [EDIT: Dont bother, its from QTGMC]

NOTE, GScriptclip is function from Gavino Grunt() plugin.
EDIT: I think Martin53 added Grunt stuff to QTGMC, so is a requirement of that.

Old 26th October 2019, 11:51   #754  |  Link
kedautinh12

Quote:
GscriptClip(), is not used within AvsInit.avsi, what is exact error message ? [EDIT: Dont bother, its from QTGMC]

NOTE, GScriptclip is function from Gavino Grunt() plugin.
EDIT: I think Martin53 added Grunt stuff to QTGMC, so is a requirement of that.
oh, thanks
Old 2nd November 2019, 18:45   #755  |  Link
Meloware

a problem with nnedi3.dll?

I have been reading this thread and am trying to get QTGMC to run in my AMD Threadripper running Windows 10 64 bit. My problem appears to be with nnedi3.dll...

Cannot load file 'C:/Program Files (x86)/AviSynth+/plugins64+/nnedi3.dll'. Platform returned code 126:
The specified module could not be found.

Dependencies that could not be loaded:
libmmd.dll
I can't find this libmmd.dll anywhere in my computer and I'd appreciate a trusted source to download one. Is this likely my problem? Other errors I have seen in AvsPmod are "There is no function named 'NNEDI3'" and " The specified module cannot be found". The nnedi3.dll is there and AviSynth still runs fine with the 8/16mm film restoration script. I am attempting to do this all with 64 bit plugins.
Meloware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2019, 18:52   #756  |  Link
Groucho2004

Try the DLL from the "Release_W7" directory.
Old 2nd November 2019, 20:04   #757  |  Link
Meloware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho2004 View Post
Try the DLL from the "Release_W7" directory.
I saw this, but checked and my Threadripper supports most of the extended instructions listed in the other versions of the dll. I did try the "Release_W7" version and AVSynth Info stopped complaining about libmmd.dll and now can't find svml_dispmd.dll. I have the Visual C Runtime C++ 2015 installed. Are there others I need?

Any W7 version (W7, W7-AVX, W7AVX2) all make the same complaint about there not being a svml_dispmd.dll
Old 2nd November 2019, 22:17   #758  |  Link
Groucho2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meloware View Post
I saw this, but checked and my Threadripper supports most of the extended instructions listed in the other versions of the dll. I did try the "Release_W7" version and AVSynth Info stopped complaining about libmmd.dll and now can't find svml_dispmd.dll. I have the Visual C Runtime C++ 2015 installed. Are there others I need?

Any W7 version (W7, W7-AVX, W7AVX2) all make the same complaint about there not being a svml_dispmd.dll
svml_dispmd.dll is yet another Intel dependency. Use the file from the Release_XP_SSE2 directory, that should work. You won't notice any difference in speed. Between the 500 versions that jpsdr put in that package there's probably a 1% speed difference.

As for the MS VC runtimes - I highly recommend using a all-in-one installer.
Old 2nd November 2019, 22:36   #759  |  Link
Meloware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho2004 View Post
Use the file from the Release_XP_SSE2 directory, that should work.
Thanks again! That worked! I never tried it because my machine is at the new end and I presumed the versions for XP were just legacy support.

BTW, the project is to save a collection of EIA-J videos, from the 1970s. I got the ancient Sony machine to run and now need AVISynth to make the results viewable. Thanks again.
Old 16th November 2019, 00:15   #760  |  Link
Diamenz

hey guys. i'm having a bit of a problem with qtgmc. i'm trying to get as much of an accurate, quality driven result to my source as possible. the problem is that when i add "NoiseProcess=2" (without quotes) to my avs file in avspmod, i get an error in the preview window and of course the encode does not start:

"script error: there is no function named 'fft3dfilter"

this confuses me because i was under the impression that the 'slower' preset uses the 'dfttest' filter as opposed to the lower quality 'fft3dfilter' and it shouldn't even be called upon. here's my qtgmc line:

QTGMC(Preset="Slower", MatchPreset="Slower", MatchPreset2="Slower", SourceMatch=3, Lossless=2, TR2=1, NoiseDeint="Generate", Edithreads=4)

i should also mention that i get that same error if i use the 'placebo' preset as opposed to the 'slower' one.

also, how do TR2 and the NoiseProcess=2 settings coincide with each other? should i use them together, or should i use one and not the other if i'm shooting for accuracy?
Diamenz is offline   Reply With Quote