Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Old 19th January 2020, 11:47   #1  |  Link
dadix

Dedicated video player for DLP projectors

Hello.

I am a big fan of video projectors .
I would like to discuss a problem with DLP video projectors. I suspect that from the way the image is formed using micro-mirrors, a separate video player should be developed for these types of video projectors.

I have 2 video projectors with DLP and one with 3LCD. Optoma ep727 (dlp) has smoother image than Benq W1080ST (DLP). I suspect this is because of the poor video processing in the Benq model. The Benq W1080ST plays many block artifacts and the image looks smoother in Optoma EP727.
I studied this problem a bit and saw that the Optoma model has a separate image processor from Pixelworks namely PW392.

This processor hase some technologies like these :

-- DNX Deinterlacing with LAI technology uses video processing algorithms, including advanced motion-adaptive deinterlacing for both standard television formats and also high definition television formats, automatic film mode detection with 3:2 and 2:2 pull-down, advanced noise reduction and low angle edge detection to virtually eliminate 'jaggies' and other image artifacts.

-- DNX PixelBoost(TM) technology improves pixel response rates to eliminate blurring in fast-motion video as seen on some LCD panels.

-- DNX Rich Color Processing technology is the first low-cost technology for rendering more than one billion colors with 10-bit color processing and also remaps a display's color palette intelligently to optimize content appearance based on specific characteristics of the particular display technology.

-- DNX Advanced Scaling technology intelligently resizes HD and standard-resolution images to fit a wide variety of standard and widescreen displays.

-- DNX Video Enhancement technologies such as DCTI/DLTI, white/black level expansion and digital luminance peaking produce sharp, rich picture quality.

-- Enhanced Intelligent Windowing allows total user control for managing multiple content, including Split Screen, POP, and PIP with alpha blending.

-- Advanced 256-color bit-mapped on-screen display features provide for high-quality user interfaces.

They also have a picture and show this

So the question is which video player can do this image from right part and "
Primitive algorithms simply "paint" images by crudly placing pixels." - like they say in the promotion .

Here is the link to that LAI Technology : https://roa.optoma.com/Product/Produ...egory=SG9tZQ==

Last edited by dadix; 19th January 2020 at 12:54.
dadix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2020, 19:34   #2  |  Link
Asmodian

madVR?
Old 22nd January 2020, 13:09   #3  |  Link
dadix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmodian View Post
madVR?
Thank you for suggestion . It's working on GNU / Linux ?
Old 23rd January 2020, 00:56   #4  |  Link
Asmodian

No, Windows only
Old 25th January 2020, 09:57   #5  |  Link
dadix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmodian View Post
No, Windows only
Thank you for answer .

Tags