Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 26th January 2022, 22:22   #19401  |  Link
GZZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryushin View Post
Did you end up figuring out the crop function? Is it needed or not. I found one github issue that crop was needed, but reading that thread you provided, it seems it is not.
Got this answer: https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...81#post1962181

Dont know how to read it. But I think doing no crop on DV track and only crop reencode should be fine. Not sure what crop then is used for.
GZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2022, 14:13   #19402  |  Link
Ryushin

Dolby Vision - Add to Ripbot

Hi Atak,

The script from https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=183479 works pretty well. At this point it looks fairly straightforward to add this capability to RB.

I know RB is your creation and you have been working on it for almost 15 years. Incredible really. I can understand if you are burnt out working on RB and have other things you would rather do. Can you give me your thoughts or why or why not you don't want to open source RB and put it up on Git.
Ryushin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2022, 12:46   #19403  |  Link
gabbett1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDS View Post
When you said that if you change the IP address by just 1 number in either direction that the problem goes away, then there must be another device using that address (it might be hidden).

Maybe change ALL your IP address's, and see if that does anything.

Or you can try what is suggested in the post's just before this one..Safe Mode, some app running in the background causing havoc.

And if Atak isn't going to chime in, that's about all I can suggest.

Happy New Year.
I don't recall ever saying that if I go up 1 or down 1 on the IP and the problem goes away...
gabbett1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2022, 00:59   #19404  |  Link
TDS
Formally known as .......

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbett1 View Post
I don't recall ever saying that if I go up 1 or down 1 on the IP and the problem goes away...
Hi gabbett1,

So I must have mis-interpreted this comment :-

Quote:
One, if I enter the IP address of the host server, it will blank out the options for that server as if the IP is not allowed. If I change the IP by one digit in any direction, those options return. Are we no longer allowed to use the host computer as one of the distributed encoding processors?
So have you managed to get things working ???, it's been a while.

RipBot264 modded builds..
TDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2022, 14:32   #19405  |  Link
gabbett1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDS View Post
Hi gabbett1,

So I must have mis-interpreted this comment :-

So have you managed to get things working ???, it's been a while.
Ah, yes. All I was saying there is that the computer that is the host can no longer be used as also an encoder anymore apparently. The buttons will literally gray out for distributed encoding if I use the IP of the host computer (but only in the box for that IP, not all of the others). Now, as far as other computers to encode with, I cannot get any of them to connect.

Hopefully all that makes sense.

I don't have any IP conflicts.

No, it's still not working. I resorted back to not using distributed encoding for now. Then life happened... Sorry for the delay.

Last edited by gabbett1; 12th February 2022 at 14:35.
gabbett1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2022, 04:17   #19406  |  Link
TDS

Quote:

No, it's still not working. I resorted back to not using distributed encoding for now. Then life happened... Sorry for the delay.
Hi, well, that's NOT good, the best part of RipBot IS the Distributed Encoding, if you can't get that to work you might as well be using Handbrake !!!!

There must be some simple solution, but it's almost impossible to diagnose using PM's with no screenshots or more detailed explanation.

I quite often have issue's, but you've just got to work thru it, 'til it works.

This is an interesting comment :-
Quote:
Then life happened...
Cheers

Old 16th February 2022, 21:53   #19407  |  Link
slalom

Quote:
Ah, yes. All I was saying there is that the computer that is the host can no longer be used as also an encoder anymore apparently. The buttons will literally gray out for distributed encoding if I use the IP of the host computer (but only in the box for that IP, not all of the others). Now, as far as other computers to encode with, I cannot get any of them to connect.

Hopefully all that makes sense.

I don't have any IP conflicts.

Maybe some application is blocking Encoding Server to start
slalom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2022, 03:03   #19408  |  Link
TDS

Quote:
Originally Posted by slalom View Post
Maybe some application is blocking Encoding Server to start
Hi slalom,

They DID mention that they're running nVidia, but does "clean" setup.

I recall that certain Logitech app's play havoc, too.

Probably need way more info.

To do without RipBot's best feature for so long is BS.

It's certainly got nothing to do with RB updates, there haven't been any

Old 28th February 2022, 03:44   #19409  |  Link
Pauly Dunne
Grumpy Old Man.

I'm back, after 5 months..

I may not have posted anything here in 5 months, but I have certainly kept track of any activity.

I have to say that I am very disappointed with Atak's absence, and lack of updates, these MANY months...

Anyway, I have been busy with updating & improving RipBot, trying to keep it current, and refreshed.

My last build was downloaded a LOT, but I pulled the plug after not getting any feedback, either positive or negative, but I won't pull it this time....

So this build is just the "Tool's" folder, so just as before, rename the original folder, and just copy & paste this in, and it's ready to go.

I strongly suggest that you go to the Avisynth folder under Tools, and run the 2 .cmd's... "Install dlls.bat" & "Install.bat"

Many new filters & options all available from the "Custom Script" drop down list.

The latest builds of all the main components, Avisynth, FFMPEG, x264, x265, etc, etc.

Some important "instruction's" are included, but maybe a little out-dated.

So go get it....

https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...92#post1968792

Last edited by Pauly Dunne; 9th May 2022 at 12:13.
Pauly Dunne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2022, 01:46   #19410  |  Link
TDS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauly Dunne View Post
I may not have posted anything here in 5 months, but I have certainly kept track of any activity.

I have to say that I am very disappointed with Atak's absence, and lack of updates, these MANY months...

Anyway, I have been busy with updating & improving RipBot, trying to keep it current, and refreshed.

My last build was downloaded a LOT, but I pulled the plug after not getting any feedback, either positive or negative, but I won't pull it this time....

So this build is just the "Tool's" folder, so just as before, rename the original folder, and just copy & paste this in, and it's ready to go.

I strongly suggest that you go to the Avisynth folder under Tools, and run the 2 .cmd's... "Install dlls.bat" & "Install.bat"

Many new filters & options all available from the "Custom Script" drop down list.

The latest builds of all the main components, Avisynth, FFMPEG, x264, x265, etc, etc.

Some important "instruction's" are included, but maybe a little out-dated.

So go it....

https://www.mediafire.com/file/6n3it...02-22).7z/file
Great to see you make a return visit, this is awesome...thankyou

Old 2nd March 2022, 12:24   #19411  |  Link
MCFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauly Dunne View Post
Thanks
Old 5th March 2022, 16:00   #19412  |  Link
mcjordan

Thank you so much!
mcjordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2022, 20:05   #19413  |  Link
rlev11

I have been using ripbot for a while now to convert everything I have into 10bit x265 to load on my Plex server and have noticed something I can't figure out as I now work through doing stuff in 4K.

I have an encoding farm that consists of 3 5950x, 1 3950x, 2 3900x, 1 i9-10850k, 1 3700x, and a 5700g. Whenever I have done 480p,720p,1080p and also 4k movies in 1:2.35 aspect, the fps for each server scales like I would expect them to. the 16cores are faster than the 12, 12 faster than 10, 10 faster than the 8 core and the differences are what the additional cores should be, except when I encode 4k full frame either 1.85 or 1.78 aspect ratios.

When I do the full frame 4k, the performance drops like a rock on the 16 core 5950 and 3950 servers to the tune of 50 to 60 percent, where the 12 core 3900x machines are much faster fps compared to the 16 core. The 16 core servers are even slower on average than the two 8 core servers.

When looking at the encoding server utilization bar, on the 3900x, the green decoder bar is a constant 51-52 percent. On the 5950, the decoder bar bounces constantly between 50 and 80 percent (not sure if really means anything)

Anybody have any idea on why this is happening??
rlev11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2022, 05:44   #19414  |  Link
TDS

Automatic White Balance script

Hi Atak,

I'm clutching at straws here, you haven't been posting much these days, but I noticed you posted a comment on another Forum a couple of days ago.

I have been trying to get AWB to work successfully with RipBot, and there are quite a few issues.

This is the script (but it's only for video)

Code:
#Custom
LoadPlugin("C:\RipBot264v1.26.1\Tools\AviSynth plugins\ffms\ffms_latest\x64\ffms2.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\RipBot264v1.26.1\Tools\AviSynth plugins\GRunT\grunt.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\RipBot264v1.26.1\Tools\AviSynth plugins\RgbAdapt\RgbAdapt_x64.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\RipBot264v1.26.1\Tools\AviSynth plugins\RT_Stats\RT_Stats_x64.dll")
Import("C:\RipBot264v1.26.1\Tools\AviSynth plugins\scripts\extras\RGBAdapt_Awb_Process.avs")
video=RGBAdapt_AWB_Process(video)
And this one is suppose to do the audio as well :-

Code:
#Custom
LoadPlugin("D:\AWB\Lsmash\LSMASHSource.dll")
LoadPlugin("D:\AWB\GRunT\grunt.dll")
LoadPlugin("D:\AWB\RgbAdapt\RgbAdapt_x64.dll")
LoadPlugin("D:\AWB\RT_Stats\RT_Stats_x64.dll")
Import("D:\AWB\RGBAdapt_Awb_Process.avs")
LWLibavVideoSource("D:\AWB\nobody.mkv")
va=last
aa=LWLibavAudioSource("D:\AWB\nobody.mkv")
AudioDub(va,aa)
AWB_Func()
And one more option, if the above script is directly added to a new Job (instead of a video), it doesn't seem to use Distributed Encoding

And adding the "audio" script, it stalls at Demuxing, and that's it.

https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=174411&page=7

If you can have a look at this, that would be awesome, but I'll understand if you don't.

Regards

Old 17th March 2022, 14:36   #19415  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Code:
va=last
AudioDub(va,aa)
AWB_Func()
Why do you add additional video source?
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2022, 14:53   #19416  |  Link
TDS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
Code:
va=last
AudioDub(va,aa)
AWB_Func()
Why do you add additional video source?
It's actually a script I was given to extract the audio from that .mkv file.

But it didn't work, just stalled during demuxing (but I'd already said that)

If I only added this :-
Code:
LoadPlugin("C:\RipBot264v1.26.1\Tools\AviSynth plugins\ffms\ffms_latest\x64\ffms2.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\RipBot264v1.26.1\Tools\AviSynth plugins\GRunT\grunt.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\RipBot264v1.26.1\Tools\AviSynth plugins\RgbAdapt\RgbAdapt_x64.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\RipBot264v1.26.1\Tools\AviSynth plugins\RT_Stats\RT_Stats_x64.dll")
Import("C:\RipBot264v1.26.1\Tools\AviSynth plugins\scripts\extras\RGBAdapt_Awb_Process.avs")
video=RGBAdapt_AWB_Process(video)
There was no audio track, so that had to be demuxed, and added separately, once the video script had loaded.

Sorry there was an Lsmash script & an FFMS script.

But if this was loaded as a "Custom" file the script didn't alter the white balance, and the MPC-HC preview was just a flashing, flickering mess.

This is a sample of the MPC-HC preview (different source) :-

https://www.mediafire.com/file/rskh2...30802.mkv/file

Old 18th March 2022, 08:54   #19417  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

AviSynth always decodes. You can't use AviSynth to demultiplex an audio stream preserving its encoded format. If you want to do that, you would need an external software like mkvextract or ffmpeg.

What you are doing in your script is loading and decoding the audio stream from possibly the same source file as the video, which should in general work well, except for corrupt source files. Here you could try to remultiplex it using mkvtoolnix or ffmpeg and see if they report an error. In case of audio streams, it may be useful to add a stream_index parameter to LwLibavAudioSource() to select a specific audio stream by number. If you use FFMPEGSource2() to load video and audio to one clip, note that its default value for atrack is -2, means to ignore audio streams.

Indexing an uncompressed or lossless audio format can take a long while and produce a huge index file. Do not get afraid when the process "stalls", this might be necessary when caching and indexing is enabled (by default it is). Once the index file is written, the next attempts to open the same script will be much faster.

New German Gleitz board
MediaFire: x264 | x265 | VPx | AOM | Xvid
LigH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2022, 13:59   #19418  |  Link
TDS

Quote:
Originally Posted by LigH View Post
AviSynth always decodes. You can't use AviSynth to demultiplex an audio stream preserving its encoded format. If you want to do that, you would need an external software like mkvextract or ffmpeg.

What you are doing in your script is loading and decoding the audio stream from possibly the same source file as the video, which should in general work well, except for corrupt source files. Here you could try to remultiplex it using mkvtoolnix or ffmpeg and see if they report an error. In case of audio streams, it may be useful to add a stream_index parameter to LwLibavAudioSource() to select a specific audio stream by number. If you use FFMPEGSource2() to load video and audio to one clip, note that its default value for atrack is -2, means to ignore audio streams.

Indexing an uncompressed or lossless audio format can take a long while and produce a huge index file. Do not get afraid when the process "stalls", this might be necessary when caching and indexing is enabled (by default it is). Once the index file is written, the next attempts to open the same script will be much faster.
Thanks for your suggestions & advice

Yeah, the "video" section of the script works pretty well, but due to the way it has to be imported into RipBot, DE isn't initiated.

As for the "audio" section of the script, was I think, an afterthought suggestion from several different ppl.

I think the best way would be just to demux the video, and add the audio after the script has loaded.

Old 18th March 2022, 15:03   #19419  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Can't you just add video file normally instead of messing with script itself?
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2022, 02:22   #19420  |  Link
TDS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
Can't you just add video file normally instead of messing with script itself?
I thought I had explained why...

If you add a video file, then add this script, as a Custom script, the MPC-HC preview is crap, it flashes & flickers....and if you do do an encode, it turns out even worse

BUT, if you set up that script to load the movie you want to process, then the preview plays as it should, and the encode is good.

But there's NO audio, and Distributed Encoding isn't envoked, so it's just a single basic encode, which would take a LOT longer to process, especially if it was 4K, x265.

On the AWB Forum, there has been 3 ppl state that they have downloaded RipBot, ran the script, and it's good, BUT none of these 3 use RipBot, and probably think that if it works for them in basic encoding mode, then that's good enough to prove I don't know what I'm talking about...I'm sure if they knew more about RipBot, they would quickly realise that it doesn't work properly.

So that's why I posted on this forum.

I was hoping to call on your expertise, and figure out a way to get this to work, the "normal" way, as a Custom script.

If not, then it's the other procedure.

Tags
264, 265, appletv, avchd, bluray, gui, iphone, ipod, ps3, psp, ripbot264, x264 2-pass, x264 gui, x264_64, x265, xbox360