Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 21st October 2013, 20:33   #18021  |  Link
g00g

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonca View Post
g00g

If you are talking about Movie-only and seamless branching, the audio and subtitles you see in the one VID affects all the other VIDs. In other words, X out an audio stream in that one VID and it is automatically Xed out for all the VIDs
Actually this is not working for me.

Suppose the following:
Under setup the languages "english" and "spanish" are chosen and "limit to one track for each language" for audio and subtitle languages. When a BD which Main Movie consists of more than one VID file and contains the languages english, spanish und french is loaded only the languages english and spanish are chosen as they should. If I now add this job to the batch queue the entries audio=110110110 ... and subs= 110110110... can be found under the tab Batch > directory batch.
If I now remove the lastet entry under the tab Batch and decide to unset the spanish language for audio and subs under the tab Stream and add the job to batch queue again the entries audio and subs under the tab Batch > directory batch had changed just for one VID file and you can see something like audio=110100110... and subs=110100110...

IMHO the entries audio and subs should look like
audio=100100100... and subs=100100100
g00g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2013, 20:47   #18022  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by laserfan View Post
Audiophile, thanks! BDEdit needs a tutorial written; I nominate YOU!

Seriously, I didn't know at all these basic BDEdit features, but I'm liking your train-of-thought here. Note the audiotracks below, where the missing/blanked audio tracks are assigned the same number 1100. But in any of the .m2ts files this .mpls is referring to the number 1100 seems to refer to the DTS-MA track.

I'm flying blind in re the 3 other eng tracks (for editing) but will muck-around and see if I can fix this by hand.

Code:
SALT mPIDs, Theatrical version 00004.mpls:

Original

1100	DTS-HD XLL, Multi-ch., 48 kHz, eng
1101	DD, Stereo, 48 kHz, eng
1102	DD, Stereo, 48 kHz, eng
1103	DTS-HD XLL, Multi-ch., 48 kHz, fra
1104	DD, Stereo, 48 kHz, spa
1105	DD, Stereo, 48 kHz, eng

BD-RB (with fra and spa blanked)

1101	DTS-HD XLL, Multi-ch., 48 kHz, eng
1102	DD, Stereo, 48 kHz, eng
1103	DD, Stereo, 48 kHz, eng
1100	DTS-HD XLL, Multi-ch., 48 kHz, fra
1100	DD, Stereo, 48 kHz, spa
1104	DD, Stereo, 48 kHz, eng
Well, I tried editing the .mpls and a Stereo 192kbps track is still first, and oddly the DTS-MA track is fourth, at least with Arcsoft TMT (my Sony player had the DTS track as the 4th selection also). Gotta dig some more.
The 1100 is supposed to replace any removed audio tracks -- that's because in a full backup you can't just "remove", you have to reference a PID.

From what I see in your post, it looks like BD-RB did what it was supposed to do for those -- but for some reason the ACTUAL 1100 reference is off by one.

I have SALT running now... if you can wait a day or two it will be fixed.

Last edited by jdobbs; 21st October 2013 at 20:49.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2013, 20:47   #18023  |  Link
g00g

Did auf Movie-Only backup of a DVD with DVD Rebuilder and importet this backup with BD Rebuilder. After import finished just the primary audio stream (in my case english) was in sync. Other stream lost sync after about 50 minutes. In the DVD backup all audio streams are in sync over the whole movie. Actually this is the first time I recognized this kind of error.
g00g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2013, 21:33   #18024  |  Link
laserfan
Aging Video Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
I have SALT running now... if you can wait a day or two it will be fixed.
Thanks for doing this; let me know if you need me to confirm-or-check any of my settings.
laserfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2013, 23:58   #18025  |  Link
gonca

g00g
In this case don't use DVD_RB as a middle man. Import the DVD with BD_RB. Sometimes a backup of a backup is not a good idea.
gonca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2013, 00:00   #18026  |  Link
gonca

Quote:
Originally Posted by g00g View Post
Actually this is not working for me.

Suppose the following:
Under setup the languages "english" and "spanish" are chosen and "limit to one track for each language" for audio and subtitle languages. When a BD which Main Movie consists of more than one VID file and contains the languages english, spanish und french is loaded only the languages english and spanish are chosen as they should. If I now add this job to the batch queue the entries audio=110110110 ... and subs= 110110110... can be found under the tab Batch > directory batch.
If I now remove the lastet entry under the tab Batch and decide to unset the spanish language for audio and subs under the tab Stream and add the job to batch queue again the entries audio and subs under the tab Batch > directory batch had changed just for one VID file and you can see something like audio=110100110... and subs=110100110...

IMHO the entries audio and subs should look like
audio=100100100... and subs=100100100
Are you doing full disc or movie only backups?
Old 22nd October 2013, 00:16   #18027  |  Link
Fooshnik

Having issues with version 17. My backups are playing with scenes out of correct sequence. Not sure how many this has effected, but so far Peeples and Now You See Me. I have no idea if this is a faulty DVDFab 9 rip (though I think one was ripped by AnyDVD) or an issue with BD-R. I used DVDFab9 with earlier BD-R rips though and don't recall this issue.

Is there any way to use an older version to compare results and see if this is something specific to 17?
Fooshnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2013, 00:24   #18028  |  Link
gonca

Fooshnik
This might be a screenpass issue
Old 22nd October 2013, 00:36   #18029  |  Link
Audiophile1178

Quote:
The 1100 is supposed to replace any removed audio tracks -- that's because in a full backup you can't just "remove", you have to reference a PID.
Yup, you can see this in action on my previous screenshots where I blanked ALL other languages other than English. That's why when you remove a language and select that language in the menu it'll play the first audio language (1100) as that's what's reference in the playlist.

Quote:
From what I see in your post, it looks like BD-RB did what it was supposed to do for those -- but for some reason the ACTUAL 1100 reference is off by one.
Yea, I was going to post that if he changed each mPID in the playlist down one number that it might work as it should. This would be a lot easier and only take a min to do rather than have to run the whole disc again through BDRebuilder.

Try changing it to these values and see if it works:

1100 DTS-HD XLL, Multi-ch., 48 kHz, eng
1101 DD, Stereo, 48 kHz, eng
1102 DD, Stereo, 48 kHz, eng
1100 DTS-HD XLL, Multi-ch., 48 kHz, fra
1100 DD, Stereo, 48 kHz, spa
1103 DD, Stereo, 48 kHz, eng

Note, I believe that you said that there were three playlists that referenced the main movie so you'd have to do those edits to all three of those playlists to make sure that it works ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laserfan View Post
Audiophile, thanks! BDEdit needs a tutorial written; I nominate YOU!

Seriously, I didn't know at all these basic BDEdit features, but I'm liking your train-of-thought here.
First of all, I didn't know about the mPID edits until about a month or so ago when another fellow doom9 member told me about it (You know who you are).

Secondly, thanks for the nomination but I hardly know how to use BDedit other than the playlist tab which I know how to use pretty well. I do agree that BDedit needs some sort of guide though as there are a lot of things that I want to do (like automatic English selection on Universal disc that ask for language at insertion of disc) as I know that it's possible but I'm clueless on how to do it. I really wish that there was some way to trace what a disc does as it's inserted into the player all the way until it hits the main menu. I think BDedit can do it but I don't know how as it's way over my head.

Last edited by Audiophile1178; 22nd October 2013 at 00:48.
Audiophile1178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2013, 00:41   #18030  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Quote:
Hmm... I must have overlooked that. I'll add it to the project as well.

I thought we were talking about audio/subtitles that were changed from the initial automatic selections -- not blanked titles...
Not with me.

I was only commenting about the contents of BLANKED= not being reselected when a Saved Project is reloaded. That could also affect audio/subtitles but I haven't checked them in a while.
Old 22nd October 2013, 01:02   #18031  |  Link
Audiophile1178

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fooshnik View Post
Having issues with version 17. My backups are playing with scenes out of correct sequence. Not sure how many this has effected, but so far Peeples and Now You See Me.
Quote:
This might be a screenpass issue
^^^ Probably this. I'm sure that it has nothing to do with BDRebuilder but merely a way of circumventing copying the disc. I believe that "Now You See Me" uses seamless branching which is why it's playing out of order as the disc is probably referencing a playlist that tells it to play out of order. What I have done with this issue in the past is to find the correct playlist with BDinfo and find all the other playlists that are incorrect. Take the incorrect playlists and move them to another folder outside of the Blu-ray structure. Copy the the correct playlist x number of times and rename those copies to the same numbers of the incorrect playlists. It will probably play correctly now. If playback is good encode with BDRebuilder.

Example:

Correct Playlist: 00800.mpls
Incorrect Playlists: 00801.mpls, 00802.mpls, 00803.mpls, 00804.mpls.

1. Move incorrect playlists to another folder outside of your bluray structure.
2. Make 4 copies of 00800.mpls and rename those copies to 00801.mpls, 00802.mpls, 00803.mpls, 00804.mpls.
3. Verify proper playback in software player.
4. If #3 is good encode in BDRebuilder.

Note: The above method is merely an example (made up playlist numbers) of what you'd have to do for your two discs and NOT the actual playlist numbers.
Old 22nd October 2013, 01:16   #18032  |  Link
gonca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiophile1178 View Post
^^^ Probably this. I'm sure that it has nothing to do with BDRebuilder but merely a way of circumventing copying the disc. I believe that "Now You See Me" uses seamless branching which is why it's playing out of order as the disc is probably referencing a playlist that tells it to play out of order. What I have done with this issue in the past is to find the correct playlist with BDinfo and find all the other playlists that are incorrect. Take the incorrect playlists and move them to another folder outside of the Blu-ray structure. Copy the the correct playlist x number of times and rename those copies to the same numbers of the incorrect playlists. It will probably play correctly now. If playback is good encode with BDRebuilder.

Example:

Correct Playlist: 00800.mpls
Incorrect Playlists: 00801.mpls, 00802.mpls, 00803.mpls, 00804.mpls.

1. Move incorrect playlists to another folder outside of your bluray structure.
2. Make 4 copies of 00800.mpls and rename those copies to 00801.mpls, 00802.mpls, 00803.mpls, 00804.mpls.
3. Verify proper playback in software player.
4. If #3 is good encode in BDRebuilder.

Note: The above method is merely an example (made up playlist numbers) of what you'd have to do for your two discs and NOT the actual playlist numbers.
If doing a full disc back up this isn't necessary as the proper mpls is still there and used by the disc, if doing movie only then the proper playlist should be selected for the stream tab, with other movie-only playlist if need be.
Old 22nd October 2013, 01:37   #18033  |  Link
Audiophile1178

Quote:
If doing a full disc back up this isn't necessary as the proper mpls is still there and used by the disc, if doing movie only then the proper playlist should be selected for the stream tab, with other movie-only playlist if need be.
I have to disagree with the full disc remark. If the copy protection wasn't removed correctly and the disc is referencing an improper playlist when you press the play button then what you need to do is replace that improper playlist with the correct one and my method as described above should work. Yes, you are correct that the proper playlist will be there on a whole disc backup but if the disc didn't have the copy protection properly removed then it'll have the playlist obfuscation problem which we had back in the day of when the "Hunger Games" first came out and AnyDVD didn't decode it properly. Everybody was getting incorrect playback of their "FULL DISC" as Fooshnik is describing. There has been discs to where there were 20 playlists for the main movie and there was only one correct playlist for the movie and all the others were the playlist obfuscation problem. Finding out which one is the correct playlist and removing all the other 19 incorrect playlists and follow the rest of my guide should fix this issue as even if a whole disc backup is referencing an incorrect playlist it wouldn't matter as you copied the correct playlist 19 times and renamed those copies to the same numbers as the incorrect playlist numbers so no matter what playlist the disc tries to access all 20 playlists are now correct.

Anyway, I was merely stating that it's most likely not a problem with BDRebuilder and made a suggestion on how to fix the issue.

Last edited by Audiophile1178; 22nd October 2013 at 02:23.
Old 22nd October 2013, 01:58   #18034  |  Link
Audiophile1178

BTW, jdobbs I wasn't aware that you had a feature request thread and I posted my two requests in there. I'm sorry about putting them in here as up until now I wasn't aware that there was other threads for BDRebuilder as internet searches always lead me to this thread.
Old 22nd October 2013, 02:08   #18035  |  Link
gonca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiophile1178 View Post
I have to disagree with the full disc remark. If the copy protection wasn't removed correctly and the disc is referencing an improper playlist when you press the play button then what you need to do is replace that improper playlist with the correct one and my method as described above should work. Yes, you are correct that the proper playlist will be there on a whole disc backup but if the disc didn't have the copy protection properly removed then it'll have the playlist obfuscation problem which we had back in the day of when the "Hunger Games" first came out and AnyDVD didn't decode it properly. Everybody was getting incorrect playback of their "FULL DISC" as Fooshnik is describing. There has been discs to where there were 20 playlists for the main movie and there was only one correct playlist for the movie and all the others were the playlist obfuscation problem. Finding out which one is the correct playlist and removing all the other 19 incorrect playlists and follow the rest of my guide should fix this issue as even if a whole disc backup is referencing an incorrect playlist it wouldn't matter as you copied the correct playlist 19 times and renamed those copies to the same numbers as the incorrect playlist numbers so no matter what playlist the disc tries to access all 20 playlists are now correct.
The phony playlists, with the out of order m2ts files, isn't a copy protection per se. It is there more to mess up movie only back ups. With a multitude of similar length playlists it can make it awkward to pick the right playlist.

There is a similar type of protection, screen pass, which will play the wrong playlist while using BD-J to determine if it is a copy. I might have inadvertently misused the term screen pass for the first scenario. In this case you are right that the protection must be removed properly.
Old 22nd October 2013, 02:34   #18036  |  Link
Audiophile1178

Quote:
There is a similar type of protection, screen pass, which will play the wrong playlist while using BD-J to determine if it is a copy.
That's what I'm trying to say. If the protection wasn't removed properly and it's playing the wrong playlist then using my method will work as you're removing ALL possible incorrect playlists and replacing them with the correct playlist. I have done this a few times as needed without issue. It does work!
Old 22nd October 2013, 02:46   #18037  |  Link
gonca

agreed
Old 22nd October 2013, 03:15   #18038  |  Link
steveg32

Salt

Quote:
i have salt running now... If you can wait a day or two it will be fixed.
hooray! :d
steveg32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2013, 03:32   #18039  |  Link
AmigaFuture

For a moment I thought there was something malfunctioning with Doom9's Web Page software when I saw the above JDobbs quote. I never saw a quote altered like that before till now.

Anyway... Dobbs, thanks for the IVTC_480i=n and IVTC_SELECTION=n options. They've proven a very useful combination for TiVo HD 1080i files.

Last edited by AmigaFuture; 22nd October 2013 at 03:38.
AmigaFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2013, 16:09   #18040  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
The phony playlists, with the out of order m2ts files, isn't a copy protection per se. It is there more to mess up movie only back ups. With a multitude of similar length playlists it can make it awkward to pick the right playlist.

There is a similar type of protection, screen pass, which will play the wrong playlist while using BD-J to determine if it is a copy. I might have inadvertently misused the term screen pass for the first scenario. In this case you are right that the protection must be removed properly.
I call it "playlist obfuscation". If you are ripping with AnyDVD, by the way, you often don't have to worry about this. Much of the time AnyDVD detects the correct playlist and puts it in a file called "disc.inf". BD-RB looks at that file to see if a playlist is listed, and chooses the correct one.