Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Closed Thread

Old 13th May 2020, 17:38   #1781  |  Link
tormento
Acid fr0g

Thanks you both
Old 14th May 2020, 07:22   #1782  |  Link
Natty
Noob

i want to load 2 videos at once on and use some frames from video 1 and some from video 2. is it possible to index 2 videos in 1 job?
Old 14th May 2020, 15:56   #1783  |  Link
Khun_Doug

Natty, could you explain what you are trying to do? For instance, are you trying to merge part of video #1 and then append part of video #2, to make just one video? Or do you want specific frames from video #2 interspersed with video #1 as the output video?
Old 14th May 2020, 16:52   #1784  |  Link
Atlantis

You can surely do that in an avs script.
Old 14th May 2020, 19:14   #1785  |  Link
theincognito

Quote:
Originally Posted by stax76 View Post
The design isn't perfect, it was always like this and it's too difficult to fix but you can start another instance and add jobs I think, even running instances will see the new jobs I think.
Hi. How to encode in EAC3? I tried with eac3to and it ended up outputting a normal ac3.
Old 14th May 2020, 19:20   #1786  |  Link
theincognito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patman View Post
It was requested by some users and is not difficult to create. Compared to gcc8, it did better, but since gcc9 and above, this advantage has been gone.
So you are saying that msvc builds are no longer faster than gcc builds on intel cpus? Also, is there a way we can force the encoder to use avx2? I have seen x265 builds with avx2, avx tags and supposedly, for avx2 pcs, avx2 builds are slightly faster.
Old 14th May 2020, 19:35   #1787  |  Link
almanteka

Quote:
Originally Posted by theincognito View Post
So you are saying that msvc builds are no longer faster than gcc builds on intel cpus? Also, is there a way we can force the encoder to use avx2? I have seen x265 builds with avx2, avx tags and supposedly, for avx2 pcs, avx2 builds are slightly faster.
maybe --asm avx2? from x265 docs:
"Performance Options

--asm <integer:false:string>, --no-asm

x265 will use all detected CPU SIMD architectures by default. You can disable all assembly by using --no-asm or you can specify a comma separated list of SIMD architectures to use, matching these strings: MMX2, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, SSE4, SSE4.1, SSE4.2, AVX, XOP, FMA4, AVX2, FMA3, AVX512

Some higher architectures imply lower ones being present, this is handled implicitly.

One may also directly supply the CPU capability bitmap as an integer.

Note that by specifying this option you are overriding x265’s CPU detection and it is possible to do this wrong. You can cause encoder crashes by specifying SIMD architectures which are not supported on your CPU.

Default: auto-detected SIMD architectures"
Old 14th May 2020, 19:57   #1788  |  Link
Patman

Quote:
I can compile versions with gcc and msvc (both with avx and avx2) and you can test them.
Old 14th May 2020, 20:09   #1789  |  Link
theincognito

Quote:
Originally Posted by almanteka View Post
maybe --asm avx2? from x265 docs:
"Performance Options

--asm <integer:false:string>, --no-asm

x265 will use all detected CPU SIMD architectures by default. You can disable all assembly by using --no-asm or you can specify a comma separated list of SIMD architectures to use, matching these strings: MMX2, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, SSE4, SSE4.1, SSE4.2, AVX, XOP, FMA4, AVX2, FMA3, AVX512

Some higher architectures imply lower ones being present, this is handled implicitly.

One may also directly supply the CPU capability bitmap as an integer.

Note that by specifying this option you are overriding x265’s CPU detection and it is possible to do this wrong. You can cause encoder crashes by specifying SIMD architectures which are not supported on your CPU.

Default: auto-detected SIMD architectures"

Thank you
Old 14th May 2020, 20:10   #1790  |  Link
theincognito

Quote:
I can compile versions with gcc and msvc (both with avx and avx2) and you can test them.
That will be great, if its not too much of a bother for you
Old 14th May 2020, 23:20   #1791  |  Link
Arkana

Quote:
Hi. How to encode in EAC3? I tried with eac3to and it ended up outputting a normal ac3.
you cannot encode it properly using command line. Even if you could the result would be bad as ffmpeg eac3 encoder is very bad.

You need Dolby Media encoder for that
Old 14th May 2020, 23:22   #1792  |  Link
Arkana

Quote:
Rename the folder both to Dual and test again.
Hi, I got same result still

Last edited by Arkana; 14th May 2020 at 23:27.
Old 15th May 2020, 04:26   #1793  |  Link
proper88

Hi,
is it possible to change/modifier parameters of a saved job ?

thanks,
proper 88
Old 15th May 2020, 09:26   #1794  |  Link
stax76

@Arkana

Code 126 means ERROR_MOD_NOT_FOUND, it should mean DLL could not be found but unfortunately Windows does not tell which DLL, it could be a dependency.

Quote:
is it possible to change/modifier parameters of a saved job ?
The Jobs dialog has a Load button, this should work for normal jobs, for batch jobs I'm not sure.
Old 15th May 2020, 15:02   #1795  |  Link
Natty
Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khun_Doug View Post
Natty, could you explain what you are trying to do? For instance, are you trying to merge part of video #1 and then append part of video #2, to make just one video? Or do you want specific frames from video #2 interspersed with video #1 as the output video?
only taking some frames from each source. lets say i have 3 sources with 100 frames each. i would like to take 20 frames from source 1, 40 from source 2 and 40 from sources 3 selectively and filter all of them selectively scene by scene and make a hybrid encode of 100 frames.

i can get that to work with my AVS/VS script and there are many other things which can be done but for that to work. i think i would need to index 2 - 3 videos at once. or is it possible without it?
Old 15th May 2020, 15:22   #1796  |  Link
Khun_Doug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natty View Post
only taking some frames from each source. lets say i have 3 sources with 100 frames each. i would like to take 20 frames from source 1, 40 from source 2 and 40 from sources 3 selectively and filter all of them selectively scene by scene and make a hybrid encode of 100 frames.

i can get that to work with my AVS/VS script and there are many other things which can be done but for that to work. i think i would need to index 2 - 3 videos at once. or is it possible without it?
You almost certainly need to manually write an AVS or VPY script for that. And the really nice thing with manually editing a script is you can apply different filters, different resize, etc.This sounds like an interesting project. I have an AVS script I use to read multiple sources and then I have different methods of viewing the sources. Stack vertical/horizontal, and view differences between them. Manually editing a script can do some really neat things.
Old 15th May 2020, 15:48   #1797  |  Link
jonrodrigos

good morning people,
I'm having problems with staxrip using VapourSynth, since they released the new version r49 I can't use staxrip stable or beta, only previous versions like r48.
now released version VapourSynth r50 and the same error occurs see the printscreen.
when loading the video file it already gives error of VapourSynth did anyone experience the same problem?
NOTE: I have already tried the portable version and the problem continues, if using R48 it works normal, this version of python 3.8 is installed.
thank you

https://imgur.com/u0s41qb
I couldn't post the photo sorry, but I leave the link to the photo.
who can help me thank you.

Last edited by jonrodrigos; 15th May 2020 at 16:02.
Old 15th May 2020, 16:42   #1798  |  Link
stax76

@jonrodrigos

Probably your vapoursynth setup does not work, it happens often.

If you use the last staxrip beta 2.1.1.2 you can use the included portable vapoursynth version, to do so there are two ways:

1. Uninstall python and vapoursynth

2. Go into the Apps dialog and define a custom path to the included python and vapoursynth version
Old 15th May 2020, 17:27   #1799  |  Link
almanteka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkana View Post
Hi, I got same result still

staxrip recognized the location? go to apps > manage > on the left list avisynth > KNLMeansCL > status OK? the same for vapoursynth: apps > manage > on the left list vapoursynth> KNLMeansCL > status OK? if not, then go to path > browse and locate the file manually for avisynth and vapoursynth
StaxRip folder\Apps\Plugins\Dual\KNLMeansCL\KNLMeansCL.dll

Last edited by almanteka; 15th May 2020 at 17:30.
Old 15th May 2020, 17:40   #1800  |  Link
jonrodrigos

Quote:
Originally Posted by stax76 View Post
@jonrodrigos

Probably your vapoursynth setup does not work, it happens often.

If you use the last staxrip beta 2.1.1.2 you can use the included portable vapoursynth version, to do so there are two ways:

1. Uninstall python and vapoursynth

2. Go into the Apps dialog and define a custom path to the included python and vapoursynth version
good afternoon, thanks for the reply but I pointed to the internal folders as requested and the error continues. my current version is the latest beta staxrip 2.1.1.2 if i install the R48 version it works, only at 49 and 50 that happens, I have tried several versions of staxrip with the r49 and 50 versions and it does not work.
any video file when it finishes loading it presents this error.
I already did a virtual pc to test and the same happens.

Last edited by jonrodrigos; 15th May 2020 at 17:44.
Closed Thread

Tags
aac, hdr, hevc, nvenc, staxrip, x264, x265