Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 5th May 2013, 16:21   #17021  |  Link
Gegette

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
I have updated the first post of this thread with a link to the latest release of BD-RB (v0.44.02). Changes for this version:
Code:
May 3rd, 2013 - v0.44.2
- Added support for output of 3D source BDs to 
  SBS 3D via the SETUP dialog.
Just wait for that to donate. So, it's done !
I try this the next days.
Gegette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2013, 16:43   #17022  |  Link
jdobbs

@richardrpg

I was able to repeat your issue in outputting 3D to MKV.
Code:
- ERROR in attempt to mux (MKVMERGE)
I'll find out what's causing it and post a new release later today.
Old 5th May 2013, 16:52   #17023  |  Link
richardrpg

Quote:
@richardrpg

I was able to repeat your issue in outputting 3D to MKV.
Code:
I'll find out what's causing it and post a new release later today.
O.K. Thanks for the feedback. I will also re-test it when you post the update.
richardrpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2013, 16:58   #17024  |  Link
dfsooner

Quote:
They are in the ALTERNATE output choices list. You can also edit them in MISC\ALTERNATE.TXT.
So "alternate video options that allow output using the original, untouched video to be kept" is apparently not enabled for full backups?

Last edited by dfsooner; 5th May 2013 at 17:00.
dfsooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2013, 17:06   #17025  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfsooner View Post
So "alternate video options that allow output using the original, untouched video to be kept" is apparently not enabled for full backups?
ALTERNATE output is a mode of movie-only. It is the ability to create DVD, MP4, and MKV files. So, no, it has no relationship at all to full backups.

If you want to create a full backup using the untouched original video, just set a custom output size of 50GB. That way BD-RB will assume it doesn't need to reencode. You could, as an alternative, simply add "FORCE_NOENCODE=1" to the "OPTIONS" area of the config/INI file.

But, of course, if you keep the original video there is the probability that the output won't fit on your target.
Old 5th May 2013, 17:13   #17026  |  Link
omegaman7

Jdobbs, could you please approve attachment in post #17013? Otherwise I won't be certain what he's talking about.
Old 5th May 2013, 17:41   #17027  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegaman7 View Post
Jdobbs, could you please approve attachment in post #17013? Otherwise I won't be certain what he's talking about.
Ok, sorry I missed that one. That error was fixed in v0.44.02. The check shouldn't have been done at all when you've selected ALTERNATE output.
Old 5th May 2013, 17:44   #17028  |  Link
omegaman7

Quote:
Ok, sorry I missed that one. That error was fixed in v0.44.02. The check shouldn't have been done at all when you've selected ALTERNATE output.
Thanks!
Old 5th May 2013, 17:44   #17029  |  Link
jdobbs

@richardprg

As for the "out of sync" pictures. I suspect that DirectshowMVCSource plugin may not be reentrant, but frankly I'm not sure that's the issue. I can say it seems to be a little flaky -- but it's currently all I have to go with. So make sure you don't run more than one BD-RB job at a time, and don't attempt to open the AVS with MPC to view it during encodes. I've fixed the MKVMERGE muxing error and I'm doing some testing now.

Last edited by jdobbs; 5th May 2013 at 17:56.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2013, 18:30   #17030  |  Link
richardrpg

Quote:
@richardprg

As for the "out of sync" pictures. I suspect that DirectshowMVCSource plugin may not be reentrant, but frankly I'm not sure that's the issue. I can say it seems to be a little flaky -- but it's currently all I have to go with. So make sure you don't run more than one BD-RB job at a time, and don't attempt to open the AVS with MPC to view it during encodes. I've fixed the MKVMERGE muxing error and I'm doing some testing now.
Thanks, will keep that in mind, both jobs I did were done separately and I didn't view the files during the encode, I also use a separate Win7 installation for all encodes.
I'll re-do the encodes when you post the update,with the 2 3D Blu Rays I have, Thor 3D (encodes perfectly) and Life of Pi (out of sync/mkvmerge error) and will then post the results for you.
Old 5th May 2013, 18:54   #17031  |  Link
Mark_Venture

Quote:
yes. It does.
thank you!!!!
Mark_Venture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2013, 19:09   #17032  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardrpg View Post
Thanks, will keep that in mind, both jobs I did were done separately and I didn't view the files during the encode, I also use a separate Win7 installation for all encodes.
I'll re-do the encodes when you post the update,with the 2 3D Blu Rays I have, Thor 3D (encodes perfectly) and Life of Pi (out of sync/mkvmerge error) and will then post the results for you.
I'm trying to figure out what causes that occasional out-of-sync left/right picture.... did you by chance stop and restart the job as some point?
Old 5th May 2013, 19:25   #17033  |  Link
dfsooner

Quote:
ALTERNATE output is a mode of movie-only. It is the ability to create DVD, MP4, and MKV files. So, no, it has no relationship at all to full backups.

If you want to create a full backup using the untouched original video, just set a custom output size of 50GB. That way BD-RB will assume it doesn't need to reencode. You could, as an alternative, simply add "FORCE_NOENCODE=1" to the "OPTIONS" area of the config/INI file.

But, of course, if you keep the original video there is the probability that the output won't fit on your target.
OK. Thanks.

What I am trying to do is keep BDRB from re-encoding my menus when doing a full backup to compress to BD-9.
I guess I'll just have to continue copying the menu's m2ts, clpi and mpls files from the original since I cannot do it with the MIN_M2TS_SIZE option.
dfsooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2013, 19:32   #17034  |  Link
richardrpg

Quote:
I'm trying to figure out what causes that occasional out-of-sync left/right picture.... did you by chance stop and restart the job as some point?
I did the encode of Life of Pi twice already.The 1st time (no stop and restart) it gave me the error, I thought it might be the DirectShowMVCSource.dll I used from BD3D2MK3D. I then used the DirectShowMVCSource.dll from MVC Player Free and did the encode of Thor 3D (no stop and restart) and it encoded perfectly.
Then I tried Life of Pi 3D again (with exact settings I used for Thor and also no stop and restart) and got the same error.
As I mentioned earlier, the only difference I saw between the encodes, is that Thor has only 1 stream to encode and Life of Pi has multiple streams to combine "combining multiple 3D segments" whether that can have any bearing on the end product I dont know.
I also noticed in the work files that there is a mediainfo .txt document that says "Unable to load MediaInfo.dll" again I dont have the knowledge to know whether that has a bearing on the end result (incidently the Thor encode also has that mediainfo.txt file with the same msg, so don't think that has any bearing.)

Last edited by richardrpg; 5th May 2013 at 19:36.
Old 5th May 2013, 21:11   #17035  |  Link
richardrpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharc View Post
^^
What happens if you remux into blu-ray format instead of mkv container?

I did Life of Pi 3D some time ago with BD3D2MK3D, but remuxed the files manually into blu-ray format using tsMuxer.
It worked flawlessly.
Sorry, I only saw your post now. I still had the work files from Life of Pi 3D and did what you said, muxed using tsmuxer into a .ts file and the result is perfect.
No more out of sync video halves. So it looks like it is an mkvmerge problem.
Thanks.
@Jdobbs, hope you see this. (and you can probably ignore the inane drivel of my previous post)

I did have to do a 3D image correction on my TV from l/r to r/l to view correctly, but thats all.

Last edited by richardrpg; 5th May 2013 at 21:33.
Old 5th May 2013, 22:15   #17036  |  Link
Sharc

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardrpg View Post
..... I did have to do a 3D image correction on my TV from l/r to r/l to view correctly, but thats all.
This seems to confirm my earlier suggestion that BD-RB should allow to swap l/r already for the encoding; it's crucial for those cases where the swapping cannot be done by the playback device.

Last edited by Sharc; 5th May 2013 at 22:22. Reason: editorial
Sharc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2013, 23:21   #17037  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharc View Post
This seems to confirm my earlier suggestion that BD-RB should allow to swap l/r already for the encoding; it's crucial for those cases where the swapping cannot be done by the playback device.
L/R is standard. But I can add it, I guess.
Old 5th May 2013, 23:24   #17038  |  Link
AmigaFuture

44.02 and 44.03 with all multiple M2TS movies are producing this for my machine:

[15:07:35]PHASE ONE complete
[15:07:35]PHASE TWO - Rebuild Started
- [15:07:35] Building ALTERNATE OUTPUT Structure
[15:09:08] - Failed to REBUILD

Movies in 1 M2TS are doing fine with Alternate MKV output.

The Hunger Games: Multiple M2TS...Failed.
Paul (Unrated) = Multiple...Failed.
Robin Hood: PoT = Single...Success.
Braveheart: Single...Success.
The Matrix: Single...Success.
Sherlock Holmes (2009): Multiple...Failed.

Doing Movie & Menus (and keeping Some extras) was tried on all and each completed successfully with High Speed option; rips are good. I'm thinking that the new 3D stuff has something to do with it.. I'm going to check that. I don't buy 3D movies. I have another idea I'm going to check.

Last edited by AmigaFuture; 5th May 2013 at 23:29.
AmigaFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2013, 23:30   #17039  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigaFuture View Post
44.02 and 44.03 with all multiple M2TS movies are producing this for my machine:

[15:07:35]PHASE ONE complete
[15:07:35]PHASE TWO - Rebuild Started
- [15:07:35] Building ALTERNATE OUTPUT Structure
[15:09:08] - Failed to REBUILD

Movies in 1 M2TS are doing fine with Alternate MKV output.

The Hunger Games: Multiple M2TS...Failed.
Paul (Unrated) = Multiple...Failed.
Robin Hood: PoT = Single...Success.
Braveheart: Single...Success.
The Matrix: Single...Success.
Sherlock Holmes (2009): Multiple...Failed.

Doing Movie & Menus (and keeping Some extras) was tried on all and each completed successfully with High Speed option; rips are good. I'm thinking that the new 3D stuff has something to do with it.. I'm going to check that. I don't buy 3D movies. I have another idea I'm going to check.
Yep. I acknowledged that problem several posts back. I've fixed it and will post a new version shortly.
Old 5th May 2013, 23:47   #17040  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Doh! I see it now. Thanks.