Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 28th February 2010, 14:22   #7061  |  Link
Data24

aahh.. ok.. then i think the reason is that the files are flagged to be kept intact.. thanks.. i didn't know that this is possible..
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
There can be lots of reasons.

1. The source isn't 1080p. Lots of sources on BD are 720x480/576 -- especially on bonus discs.
2. If that particular source is flagged to be kept intact (menus for example)
3. The source is being left alone for some other reason (like embedded graphics that depend on size, etc.)
4. The stream will fit in the allocated space with its current state (so reencoding isn't needed).

So the bottom line is that is isn't a "problem" -- it is doing what it is supposed to do.
Data24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2010, 14:44   #7062  |  Link
Willobee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripledrop View Post
I seem to be having similar problems (I think) with Metallica: Français pour une nuit. I have tried shrinking it twice now, and both times it loads the intros, the menu briefly appears on screen, then disappears, and you can't get it back (or watch the movie). Also there's no sound on the menu like there is originally.

Any ideas?
Try adding MIN_M2TS_SIZE=700 to the BDREBUILDER .ini file. You can copy and past it from the HIDDENOPTS.TXT file. This should keep the menus from being re-encoded (I think this command means do not re-encode anything under 700 Mb). If you still have the problem try a larger number. I use this command this for all concert blu-rays because for some reason thier menus refuse to work after being re-encoded.
Willobee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2010, 17:37   #7063  |  Link
gwendal13

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwendal13 View Post
24p is for 23,976 fps

i'll test 30 days of night with 24p disabled

Operation thunderball play with BD30 et 32.05. Strange !!!! It appears to have the same BR structure.
30 days of night BD25 with 24p disabled on BD30 works.

i'll reencode with down-convert dts master audio. perhaps a problem with 24fps and dts ma when 24p actived.
gwendal13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2010, 17:37   #7064  |  Link
Capsbackup

I'm not sure if this has been discussed before or has affected anyone else, but a recent full movie backup of the region A version of A Serious Man, to BD-9 had something I have never experienced before.
This movie has BD Live, and the AnyDVD HD rip keeps it working.( It is not disabled ) When the movie starts playing on the PC, it states that a fresh preview is being loaded from the internet, and then starts playing. When finished, returns to the main menu and when I select play the movie, it starts and plays perfectly fine.
Since I don't watch my movies this way I burn to DVD+R DL and watch on my Sony S360. The burn goes successfully with ImgBurn, but when I start the disc in the Sony S360, it starts to load and shows the play >, but only a black screen and no time clock moving.
Out of curiosity, I try this same disc on my older Sony BX-1, and now it works and starts to play, but no fresh preview is loaded from the internet, but just straight to the main menu. Press play movie, and all works perfectly.
So now I want to try again on the newer Sony S360, but first I remove the ethernet cable and 2GB memory stick, and now the disc works and plays the movie perfectly!
Could BD Live not be compaible with AVCHD/DVD media?
I have not tried but a few BD5/9 full movie backups, but usually do movie only. My full backups have been to BD-R/RE.
Perhaps this could be the cause of some reported "bugs", when in fact BD-RB is not the reason.
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2010, 17:43   #7065  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsbackup View Post
I'm not sure if this has been discussed before or has affected anyone else, but a recent full movie backup of the region A version of A Serious Man, to BD-9 had something I have never experienced before.
This movie has BD Live, and the AnyDVD HD rip keeps it working.( It is not disabled ) When the movie starts playing on the PC, it states that a fresh preview is being loaded from the internet, and then starts playing. When finished, returns to the main menu and when I select play the movie, it starts and plays perfectly fine.
Since I don't watch my movies this way I burn to DVD+R DL and watch on my Sony S360. The burn goes successfully with ImgBurn, but when I start the disc in the Sony S360, it starts to load and shows the play >, but only a black screen and no time clock moving.
Out of curiosity, I try this same disc on my older Sony BX-1, and now it works and starts to play, but no fresh preview is loaded from the internet, but just straight to the main menu. Press play movie, and all works perfectly.
So now I want to try again on the newer Sony S360, but first I remove the ethernet cable and 2GB memory stick, and now the disc works and plays the movie perfectly!
Could BD Live not be compaible with AVCHD/DVD media?
I have not tried but a few BD5/9 full movie backups, but usually do movie only. My full backups have been to BD-R/RE.
Perhaps this could be the cause of some reported "bugs", when in fact BD-RB is not the reason.
I haven't been removing BD-Live, and as yet haven't had issues. I have "A Serious Man", and will see what happens when I back it up. There was a similar report a few pages back where selecting "Remove BD Live" in AnyDVD fixed an issue. It could be that I should recommend that all rips have that setting enabled... I'll test and see.

This certainly seems to have all the earmarks of someone using "BD Live" as a copy protection mechanism, doesn't it?

Last edited by jdobbs; 28th February 2010 at 17:46.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2010, 18:04   #7066  |  Link
Tripledrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willobee View Post
Try adding MIN_M2TS_SIZE=700 to the BDREBUILDER .ini file. You can copy and past it from the HIDDENOPTS.TXT file. This should keep the menus from being re-encoded (I think this command means do not re-encode anything under 700 Mb). If you still have the problem try a larger number. I use this command this for all concert blu-rays because for some reason thier menus refuse to work after being re-encoded.
Thanks for the tip, I'll give it a go
Tripledrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2010, 19:01   #7067  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
That usually just means that the disc either wasn't seated properly, already had data on it, the image was too large, or the disc wasn't registered yet (was just inserted). In the end ImgBurn looked at the disc and said "I can't write to this right now." When it happens you just open up the drive, reinsert the disc, wait for it to register, and try again (click on "Burn Current Disc (with ImgBurn)" from the FILE menu).

Weird, cause the disc was seated nicely no finger prints no nothing. Registered fine in Windows Explorer. I did do a manual project burn and resulted in IMGBurn opening and closing again immediately after all in about 2 seconds. However when i fired up IMGBurn manually and went to the build mode to write no problems there. Burnt without a hitch and the backup itself also played perfectly on the standalone panasonic. As all my full disc backups have and that's about 20 discs or something.

I'm about to start a new backup process for mummy 3 and ill post again bout the results.
Ch3vr0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2010, 23:49   #7068  |  Link
colinhunt

Ohh-kay, I finally had a moment to check some of my previous encodes, all of which worked perfectly in Arcsoft TMT3. I burned a few of them on BD-R discs earlier today and played them on a PS3 and an Oppo BD-player. All discs made with 0.32.02 and 0.32.03 go straight into the rubbish bin, as the video stream is incompatible with both SA players. There was one exception which worked, but that was because the video stream was a direct copy, i.e. no re-encoding.

I was pretty sure the culprit with 32.02 and 32.03 had been NAL-HRD, but a few encodes made with 31.08 played fine in both stand-alones. According to changes.txt NAL-HRD had already been implemented in 31.08, however.
colinhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2010, 02:16   #7069  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
Originally Posted by colinhunt View Post
All discs made with 0.32.02 and 0.32.03 go straight into the rubbish bin,
It is always a good idea to test to BD-RE for compatibility before burning to BD-R.
Software players can play discs that standalones may not. Perhaps, before you discard those ones, you could try them on other mfg. Blu-Ray players to see if they work on a brand different than yours.
Old 1st March 2010, 03:16   #7070  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

As promised, i'm reporting back. The mummy backup job just finished without a hitch in about 8hrs. Standard duration here on this rig. It was probably a one time hiccup thingy. Just wanted to let you know, keep up the good work.
Ch3vr0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2010, 10:14   #7071  |  Link
Nico8583

Hello,

I use BD Rebuilder and it works fine on my Windows 7 32 bit.
I am currently testing the Strict AVCHD compatibility with the PS3.

But I would like to install Windows 7 64 bit on my computer. Does BD Rebuilder is compatible? I read in the introduction should not modify the files provided with the software.

Thank you.
Nico8583 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2010, 10:44   #7072  |  Link
colinhunt

Quote:
It is always a good idea to test to BD-RE for compatibility before burning to BD-R.
And bears crap in the woods, I know. I would certainly have tested with BD-RE, but as it happens, every single encode was slightly too large to fit on an RE. That was again not BD-RB's fault.

Quote:
Software players can play discs that standalones may not. Perhaps, before you discard those ones, you could try them on other mfg. Blu-Ray players to see if they work on a brand different than yours.
Yeah, I will.
Old 1st March 2010, 11:25   #7073  |  Link
Tripledrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico8583 View Post
Hello,

I use BD Rebuilder and it works fine on my Windows 7 32 bit.
I am currently testing the Strict AVCHD compatibility with the PS3.

But I would like to install Windows 7 64 bit on my computer. Does BD Rebuilder is compatible? I read in the introduction should not modify the files provided with the software.

Thank you.
I use it on win 7 x64
Tripledrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2010, 11:56   #7074  |  Link
jstreit29

ExtractAudioSubs

BD-Rebuilder has worked flawlessly for me, with just one exception. Each time I attempt to do a movie-only backup of Walk Hard to BD-25, I get the following error: "BD Rebuilder experienced an error 1605 [10:02:19] ExtractAudioSubs() 00053 1605." Here's the log:

[09:53:33] BD Rebuilder v0.32.05 (beta)
- Source: WALK_HARD_DISC1_NA_P2
- Input BD size: 33.31 GB
- Approximate total content: [02:00:19.628]
- Target BD size: 22.66 GB
- Windows Version: 6.1 [7600]
- MOVIE-ONLY mode enabled
- Audio Settings: AC3=1 DTS=0 HD=1 Kbs=640
[09:53:33] PHASE ONE, Encoding
- [09:53:33] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00000]
- Extracting A/V to M2TS [VID_00000]
- [10:02:19] ExtractAudioSubs() 00053 1605
- Error in attempt to extract audio/subs.
- Muxing time: 12 min 0 sec
[10:11:00] - Failed to retrieve audio, aborted

Any suggestions or information regarding this error would be most appreciated. Thanks.
jstreit29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2010, 14:13   #7075  |  Link
Nico8583

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripledrop View Post
I use it on win 7 x64
Thank you. Did you use versions of FFDShow, Matroska and Avisynth are on page 1 for Windows 7 x64?
Nico8583 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2010, 14:48   #7076  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Ohh-kay, I finally had a moment to check some of my previous encodes, all of which worked perfectly in Arcsoft TMT3. I burned a few of them on BD-R discs earlier today and played them on a PS3 and an Oppo BD-player. All discs made with 0.32.02 and 0.32.03 go straight into the rubbish bin, as the video stream is incompatible with both SA players. There was one exception which worked, but that was because the video stream was a direct copy, i.e. no re-encoding.

I was pretty sure the culprit with 32.02 and 32.03 had been NAL-HRD, but a few encodes made with 31.08 played fine in both stand-alones. According to changes.txt NAL-HRD had already been implemented in 31.08, however.
Yes. I've been using NAL-HRD for some time now, but there were some recent changes...
Old 1st March 2010, 14:54   #7077  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstreit29 View Post
BD-Rebuilder has worked flawlessly for me, with just one exception. Each time I attempt to do a movie-only backup of Walk Hard to BD-25, I get the following error: "BD Rebuilder experienced an error 1605 [10:02:19] ExtractAudioSubs() 00053 1605." Here's the log:

[09:53:33] BD Rebuilder v0.32.05 (beta)
- Source: WALK_HARD_DISC1_NA_P2
- Input BD size: 33.31 GB
- Approximate total content: [02:00:19.628]
- Target BD size: 22.66 GB
- Windows Version: 6.1 [7600]
- MOVIE-ONLY mode enabled
- Audio Settings: AC3=1 DTS=0 HD=1 Kbs=640
[09:53:33] PHASE ONE, Encoding
- [09:53:33] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00000]
- Extracting A/V to M2TS [VID_00000]
- [10:02:19] ExtractAudioSubs() 00053 1605
- Error in attempt to extract audio/subs.
- Muxing time: 12 min 0 sec
[10:11:00] - Failed to retrieve audio, aborted

Any suggestions or information regarding this error would be most appreciated. Thanks.
Weird. That error happens in a small loop where files are renamed (1605). It gets a name from the operating system, and then renames it. The error 53 means that the file to be renamed doesn't exist. I don't know how that is possible...
Old 1st March 2010, 16:21   #7078  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
I would certainly have tested with BD-RE, but as it happens, every single encode was slightly too large to fit on an RE. That was again not BD-RB's fault.
If the BD-RE is formatted with IMGBurn, and if you go to settings, and select " Prefer Format Without Spare Areas ", your BD-RE will now be very equivalent in size to a BD-R.
This is another reason jdobbs leaves some room in his calculations for encoding, as to try to prevent this.
Old 1st March 2010, 16:28   #7079  |  Link
colinhunt

Quote:
If the BD-RE is formatted with IMGBurn, and if you go to settings, and select " Prefer Format Without Spare Areas ", your BD-RE will now be very equivalent in size to a BD-R.
All my BD-RE discs came pre-formatted with spare areas, and reformatting them to a larger size can not be achieved with Quick format or on-the-fly while burning the disc. Yeah, I can't be arsed to reformat them, being an impatient bastich
Old 1st March 2010, 16:51   #7080  |  Link
k-c-ksum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Race Guy View Post
Add
DEINTERLACE=0
to your ini file & see if that smooths 'em out.
still a mess which command can i set to just throw away the odd or even fields and have it
encoded progressive.?

Last edited by k-c-ksum; 1st March 2010 at 18:26.
k-c-ksum is offline   Reply With Quote