Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 12th January 2009, 21:34   #541  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
One way is to go ahead and mux all the m2ts segments into one part (mkv), just like eac3to does when you remux to mkv. This way you'd also be able to make use of audio gaps (from my own experience this is most important when you keep the ac3 core of a True-HD track from a seamless branching title).
That's a possibility, but unfortunately it also means you have to have an additional 15-40GB of free space for the temporary MKV file. It wouldl also solve the LPCM problem, as it could be muxed into the M2V and encoded via AVS support.
Old 12th January 2009, 21:52   #542  |  Link
MikeyBK

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
I'm guessing there would be as many instances as there are M2TS files.

I think there may be a bug in the placement of the icons also. On my system I get multiple ones that don't go away from the tray -- but if I run the cursor over them, they disappear.

I may have to relook at the concept of combining them in the AVS. Maybe I'll reencode all of them individually and then combine them in the multiplexing. I haven't tried that yet...
Quote:
Similar to the above... when doing movie only I created an AVS file that concatenated the video files... I just did a test with a large group of M2TS files (because of multiple story paths) and it failed ("out of memory"). I'm going to rethink how I do these for movie-only and will post a fix.

Also just to confirm, I reloaded Death Race/ Movie-Only from the full disc, and it also failed (screenshot below). I counted 67 instances of both ffdshow & Matroska, despite there being only 24 m2ts files in that movie playlist.
The out of memory error was kinda why I was thinking my system would shut it down, but instead BD-RB shut itself down.

Just FYI though, the remuxed (thru TSSplitter & TSRemux)movie m2ts of Death Race went flawlessly thru BD-RB. Beautiful BD-9... looks every bit as crisp as the original.
Attached Images

Old 12th January 2009, 23:44   #543  |  Link
mech61

Just tried Starship_Troopers_AUS for the 3rd time with the same result "runtime error 424" "object missing". This time I noticed that ffdshow isnt running during the encode, could that be the problem?
mech61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2009, 00:49   #544  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mech61 View Post
Just tried Starship_Troopers_AUS for the 3rd time with the same result "runtime error 424" "object missing". This time I noticed that ffdshow isnt running during the encode, could that be the problem?
That's just a residual error caused by the earlier one.
Old 13th January 2009, 00:55   #545  |  Link
mech61

Quote:
That's just a residual error caused by the earlier one.
any idea what the cause of the earlier problem is?
mech61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2009, 04:46   #546  |  Link
jdobbs

Yes. I think so. I'm working it.
Old 13th January 2009, 04:46   #547  |  Link
Jake802

Same Error

Hey JDobbs just so you are aware I did get that same message...
Originally Posted by datman View Post
My apologies Jdobbs.

On my 2nd computer last night had a audio reincode error.

Aften: A/52 audio encoder
Version SVN
(c) 2006-2007 Justin Ruggles, Prakash Punnoor, et al.
Warning, unsupported file size.
input format: Microsoft WAVE Signed 16-bit little-endian 48000 Hz 5.1-channel
output format: 48000 Hz 3/2 + LFE
SIMD usage: MMX SSE SSE2 SSE3
Threads: 2
progress: 0% | q: 318.7 | bw: 34.0 | bitrate: 448.0 kbps

this was on a dos screen.

If someone can PM me and give advise on how to record and report errors. I could use the lesson.

I just didnt realize it was an error I thought it was a normal part of the process. Thanks for the great program and work you've done by the way. I am thinking my files size was too big do to something with the audio files I selected, maybe i had too many.
Jake802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2009, 19:24   #548  |  Link
x_specter_x

Hello Jdobbs,

I used BDRebuilder to copy the entire disc of (NTSC version) Bladerunner Theater/directors cut. By default it would only select 1 english audio channel. I went ahead and added the second dolby digital english channel to all of the segments. Then encoded and all the menus work and I can select the different versions but for some reason it shows 3 English audio channels available. When I switch them they all sound the same. There isn't a theatrical release audio version that has the voice over by Harrison Ford. Is that a bug when using multiple audio tracks with BDRebuilder?
x_specter_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2009, 20:28   #549  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by x_specter_x View Post
Hello Jdobbs,

I used BDRebuilder to copy the entire disc of (NTSC version) Bladerunner Theater/directors cut. By default it would only select 1 english audio channel. I went ahead and added the second dolby digital english channel to all of the segments. Then encoded and all the menus work and I can select the different versions but for some reason it shows 3 English audio channels available. When I switch them they all sound the same. There isn't a theatrical release audio version that has the voice over by Harrison Ford. Is that a bug when using multiple audio tracks with BDRebuilder?
It all depends whether the two you selected were both track audio or one was the commentary. Sometimes there can be more than one track of the same thing, only one might be DD 2.0 while another is DD 5.1 or LPCM, etc.

In order to prevent silence when selecting other tracks (from menus for instance) I always take the first selected audio track and insert its stream ID into the tracks that are removed. So if you selected only two English tracks to keep, the first English track would be played for French and Spanish as well. This concept also is meant to adjust for discs in which the main (default) track is English but you want to keep only Spanish (or another language). The Spanish stream ID would be inserted into all "empties" and therefore also become the default.

Hope that makes sense.
Old 13th January 2009, 21:43   #550  |  Link
x_specter_x

jdobbs,

someone posted this on videohelp.com. if you haven't seen it you may find it helpful.

"Well adding to my previous comments....patching bd rebuilder (index.bdmv file) with Avchd.patcher V.1.5.Solved the data disc problem with Ps3.........Now the disc plays fine with Ps3 and standalone Bluray players,mine Samsung Bdp-1400.....Keep up the good work....."

here is a link to show what the patcher does: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showp...postcount=1662

That explanation about audio tracks does make sense. I thought they were both DD5.1 but could be wrong. I will check to make sure there is voice over on the original and try and figure out what happened. thanks for the help.
x_specter_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2009, 00:16   #551  |  Link
jdobbs

I think that will probably work on discs that have no BD-J... but most of the blockbuster movies (e.g. Dark Knight) have BD-J in use somewhere.

Last edited by jdobbs; 14th January 2009 at 00:19.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2009, 00:24   #552  |  Link
turbojet

Depends on the player too, a Panasonic BD30 and Magnavox players don't work correctly after AVCHD-Patcher, although on the BD30 avchd patching allows the title logo to play then crashes at menu while it gave incompatible disc with untouched BD-RB output. Tried 2 different non BD-J discs. one with a top menu another without a top menu.

I'm going to try with FIX_CLPI=0 and see if that makes a difference on either player.

Last edited by turbojet; 14th January 2009 at 00:33.
turbojet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2009, 08:10   #553  |  Link
Binnugsai

Hello JDOBBS,

Thank you one more time for your nice soft. I usesly make some dvd for long time with dvd Rebuilder. So as we are now in HD, i want to test the BD rebuilder with A bluray disc. Everything will be ok instead of at the end of audio part. see the screen :

Did i miss something about encoder or decoder ??? or something to set for ffdshow ?......

Thank you for your help

Best regards ans Happy New Year to everybody.
Attached Images

Last edited by Binnugsai; 14th January 2009 at 08:58.
Binnugsai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2009, 11:37   #554  |  Link
osm

Run-time error '9': subscript out of range

Using BD-RB 0.17.0.13 I tried to shrink Hellboy to BD-25 (Full Backup).
Encoding went well, but phase two failed on "Run-time error '9': subscript out of range"
What can be the cause of this error?
How can I debug it?

Thanks a lot
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: txt BD-REBUILDER.LOG.txt (7.0 KB, 27 views)
osm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2009, 14:00   #555  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by osm View Post
Using BD-RB 0.17.0.13 I tried to shrink Hellboy to BD-25 (Full Backup).
Encoding went well, but phase two failed on "Run-time error '9': subscript out of range"
What can be the cause of this error?
How can I debug it?

Thanks a lot
Can you look at the source path and tell me the file length of MovieObject.bdmv? It should be in the directory "D:\HELLBOY\BDMV". Also, is there a "CERTIFICATE" folder included in your source path?

Do you get the error again if you rerun the program (it should allow you to pick up where it left off)?

Can you post your BDREBUILDER.INI file so I can run a test using the same parameters as you?

Just to be sure for testing... is this "HELLBOY (Director's Cut)" or "HELLBOY II"?

Thanks.

Last edited by jdobbs; 14th January 2009 at 16:22.
Old 14th January 2009, 17:25   #556  |  Link
Capsbackup

@jdobbs,
I have had this same error, but on a different disc. Mine was on Pirates of the Caribbean the Curse of the Black Pearl Bonus Disc 2. I don't know if you have tried this one before or not, but it errored on 2 different computers of mine. From previous post:

Quote:
Just had a failed attempt, "Run-time error '9': subscript out of range. Happens as PHASE ONE completes, PHASE TWO - Rebuild Started. Press OK and BD-RB just closes. So I make a back-up folder and put the contents of the 1st attempt into that folder and restart BD-RB and press back-up again, and it continues after the resume message. However, after Rebuild appears to just finish the last M2TS, the same Run-time error pops up. Checking the two folders, the newly created and previously created but moved to a back up folder, BD-RB appears to have created the BDMV and CERTIFICATE folders for both attempts. Both have all the same files inside and report the same (3.71GB). Maybe I should try and burn this to disc just to see if it will play. if I can provide more info, let me know.

Burned to disc, and even though it is recognised as an AVCHD and starts to play with a black screen for 9 seconds, it then stops.
Quote:
Can you look at the source path and tell me the file length of MovieObject.bdmv?
For Pirates disc, 267KB, same as the original.

Quote:
Also, is there a "CERTIFICATE" folder included in your source path?
Yes.

Quote:
Do you get the error again if you rerun the program (it should allow you to pick up where it left off)?
Yes.

Quote:
Can you post your BDREBUILDER.INI file so I can run a test using the same parameters as you?
Sent to dvd-rb@dvd-rb.com.
Don't know if you have this disc, which is pretty small (14.8GB original, NTSC), but mine also undersized. If I can provide any other info, let me know.
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2009, 17:27   #557  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binnugsai View Post
Hello JDOBBS,

Thank you one more time for your nice soft. I usesly make some dvd for long time with dvd Rebuilder. So as we are now in HD, i want to test the BD rebuilder with A bluray disc. Everything will be ok instead of at the end of audio part. see the screen :

Did i miss something about encoder or decoder ??? or something to set for ffdshow ?......

Thank you for your help

Best regards ans Happy New Year to everybody.
I think I may have this one fixed. When I post v0.17.14, could you try it again?

Thanks.
Old 14th January 2009, 17:36   #558  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsbackup View Post
@jdobbs,
I have had this same error, but on a different disc. Mine was on Pirates of the Caribbean the Curse of the Black Pearl Bonus Disc 2. I don't know if you have tried this one before or not, but it errored on 2 different computers of mine. From previous post:

For Pirates disc, 267KB, same as the original.

Yes.

Yes.

Sent to dvd-rb@dvd-rb.com.
Don't know if you have this disc, which is pretty small (14.8GB original, NTSC), but mine also undersized. If I can provide any other info, let me know.
Hmmm... I'll look at your INI -- but I've done this one (at least the NTSC version) several times in testing... was it modified or preprocessed in any way?

[Edit] I just noticed this was disc two... the main disc was what I'd used for testing.

Also -- the above error seems to have occured during the copy of a file. From your LOG it appears that you are getting through the REBUILD first... while this one stops immediately (while copying the unchanged files from the original).

Last edited by jdobbs; 14th January 2009 at 17:45.
Old 14th January 2009, 17:54   #559  |  Link
osm

Quote:
Can you look at the source path and tell me the file length of MovieObject.bdmv? It should be in the directory "D:\HELLBOY\BDMV".
159,046 bytes

Quote:
Also, is there a "CERTIFICATE" folder included in your source path?

Originally it was not. I created and empty CERTIFICATE directory and reran the program and it did not help

Quote:
Attached

Quote:
Just to be sure for testing... is this "HELLBOY (Director's Cut)" or "HELLBOY II"?
it is HELLBOY (Director's Cut)
Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: zip BDREBUILDER.zip (1.0 KB, 35 views)
osm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2009, 18:13   #560  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
Also -- the above error seems to have occured during the copy of a file. From your LOG it appears that you are getting through the REBUILD first... while this one stops immediately (while copying the unchanged files from the original).
Yes, agreed, thats what it looked like. It appeared to error on the copying of the MovieObject.bdmv file.
I did not preprocess this disc nor will I to any of my discs, just AnyDVDHD and then BD-RB. I don't want there to be any possible adverse influences on this testing. Challenging enough as is!!
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote