Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > VapourSynth

Old 5th July 2017, 12:49   #2581  |  Link
jackoneill
unsigned int

Quote:
Originally Posted by stax76 View Post
I'm always getting a crash:

Problemsignatur:
Problemereignisname: BEX64
Anwendungsname: StaxRip.exe
Anwendungsversion: 1.5.1.8
Anwendungszeitstempel: 595bf0e3
Fehlermodulname: StackHash_1dc2
Fehlermodulversion: 0.0.0.0
Fehlermodulzeitstempel: 00000000
Ausnahmeoffset: 0000000000000000
Ausnahmecode: c0000005
Ausnahmedaten: 0000000000000008
Betriebsystemversion: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Gebietsschema-ID: 1031
Zusatzinformation 1: 1dc2
Zusatzinformation 2: 1dc22fb1de37d348f27e54dbb5278e7d
Zusatzinformation 3: cbc5
Zusatzinformation 4: cbc5ec6970b2af35927ad67117ca57e2

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...6-90818086d964

This happens on Win 7 inside vmware, it's my test system only used for testing staxrip on win 7, it has nothing installed except things needed to run staxrip so avisynth, vapoursynth, python, vc++ runtimes and .NET, newest version of all this software. I can't tell when it started because I test vs on win 7 only occasionally.
Hi. This is the VapourSynth support forum. Please report crashes in StaxRip.exe at the StaxRip.exe support forum.
Old 5th July 2017, 12:56   #2582  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

@jackoneill:

In case you did not know - stax76 is the author of StaxRip, and he is trying to integrate VapourSynth support into StaxRip. And fails due to reasons he is unable to discover.

New German Gleitz board
MediaFire: x264 | x265 | VPx | AOM | Xvid
LigH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2017, 12:58   #2583  |  Link
Myrsloik
Professional Code Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by LigH View Post
@jackoneill:

In case you did not know - stax76 is the author of StaxRip, and he is trying to integrate VapourSynth support into StaxRip. And fails due to reasons he is unable to discover.
No wonder he can't discover the cause when no debugger was used to gather information...
Old 5th July 2017, 13:03   #2584  |  Link
stax76

@jackoneill

Do you have a idea how many times native modules have crashed staxrip in the past? I had a huge fight (which I regret) with DG because of this and paid a avisynth dev to fix asm code in order to have qtgmc running in staxrip. I'll figure this out shortly.
stax76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2017, 13:06   #2585  |  Link
Myrsloik
Professional Code Monkey

Quote:
@jackoneill

Do you have a idea how many times native modules have crashed staxrip in the past? I had a huge fight (which I regret) with DG because of this and paid a avisynth dev to fix asm code in order to have qtgmc running in staxrip. I'll figure this out shortly.
Having a huge fight with DG is easy. Just disagree on any trivial topic and that happens. The failure to include a stack trace ensures that none of us can do anything except troll all day long, but that's fine.
Old 5th July 2017, 16:30   #2586  |  Link
videoh
Useful n00b

Quote:
Do you have a idea how many times native modules have crashed staxrip in the past? I had a huge fight (which I regret) with DG because of this and paid a avisynth dev to fix asm code in order to have qtgmc running in staxrip.
Is this the huge fight you are talking about?

http://rationalqm.us/board/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=490

That is the only topic you have participated in at the DG forum that I can find.

All I see there is DG trying his best to help debug some issues, which turned out to be caused by an antivirus and a bad Avisynth version. Yes, there was also a problem of DG not supporting more than 32 audio streams in an MKV, but DG fixed it for you right away. I don't see any fighting. Also, you are a Distinguished Member at DG's forum and you and DG have always worked well together.

Last edited by videoh; 5th July 2017 at 16:41.
videoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2017, 19:10   #2587  |  Link
stax76

I'm not looking back, he's done a lot for me unless MPC devs which is zero I believe but that's fine too.
Old 5th July 2017, 20:45   #2588  |  Link
videoh
Useful n00b

Quote:
he's done a lot for me unless MPC devs which is zero I believe
Can you clarify that? DG has always worked closely with 3rd-party app authors: staxrip, megui, bd rebuilder, etc. What's the story about MPC? And where is this huge fight you mentioned?

Last edited by videoh; 5th July 2017 at 20:48.
Old 5th July 2017, 21:24   #2589  |  Link
stax76

Like I said DG always helped me and I'm sure he did the same for the other authors and the community. Story about MPC is frustration growing since a decade, maybe they helped me in the past but I cannot remember, doesn't matter, there are many other players that deserve recognition and I can also code something myself. I'm a total idiot that I struggled 10 years with MediaMonkey's poor high DPI support until I finally migrated to MusicBee, since then I'm trying to test and learn more new and alternative apps I might have overlooked instead of continuing with old habits forever. Sorry for being OT again and for the poor initial bug report and always not doing enough for Win 7, with an idea from TheFluff I've sorted a long standing text encoding issue out on Win 7 in my next built and I'll be definitively looking into the issue with VS, maybe one day hello_hello and Manolito will migrate to Win 7 and everybody will be happy.
Old 5th July 2017, 21:50   #2590  |  Link
videoh
Useful n00b

I hear you, buddy. Theory and practice -- never the twain shall meet.
Old 6th July 2017, 00:13   #2591  |  Link
manolito

Quote:
maybe one day hello_hello and Manolito will migrate to Win 7 and everybody will be happy.
In case you didn't know, I do use Win7 on my laptop simply because my old WinXP desktop does not handle HD movies. And because I do use both OS in parallel all the time, I think that I am qualified to judge them, and I still prefer WinXP by a huge margin...

BTW even on my Win7 computer I use StaxRip 1.1.9.0. I did try the current 64-bit incarnations of StaxRip, but they were unusable for me simply because I absolutely need some old 32-bit plugins for my workflow (like some VDub plugins). This old version of StaxRip has some rough edges for sure, I try to keep most helper software up to date, still I could use some help sometimes. But I really do not dare to bother you with questions about this old version, mostly for fear of being chastized...

Alright, totally OT for this thread, I apologize...

Cheers
manolito

Last edited by manolito; 6th July 2017 at 00:17.
manolito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2017, 11:52   #2592  |  Link
stax76

@videoh

Never heard that saying before, last TV shows (The Americans!!! and The 100) I watched in original audio so there is small hope that my english improves.

@manolito

I know about four regulars that they talk about XP a lot but not in detail. Two of my principles in regard of staxrip development are listen to users and move forward, if there are enough people asking for a 32-bit built I'll do it, technically it's not a big thing I believe, it's just against the move forward principle which gives me time to work on things like VapourSynth and AV1 support.

@Myrsloik

I've tried to open a script with VD which also crashes, do you need anything else, any tips what to try next? If nobody has a better idea I'll install Visual Studio next.

https://pastebin.com/wysNw2W7

https://postimg.org/image/m9i3vcvfp
Old 6th July 2017, 18:30   #2593  |  Link
Myrsloik
Professional Code Monkey

Use visual studio already. I've never managed to get useful information from the vdub stuff.
Old 7th July 2017, 15:25   #2594  |  Link
stax76

Oh man, Visual Studio setup was freezing, I noticed then a sign in the tray telling about updates, after installing 185 important updates it runs fine, this system had auto update never enabled and I totally forgot about it, I'm using it only for testing staxrip's Win 7 and 96 DPI compatibility. I'm sorry guys.
Old 10th July 2017, 13:40   #2595  |  Link
george84

How to zoom?

Does anybody know how to replace the external avisynth filter
Quote:
zoom
as described in https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=49429

?
george84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2017, 20:50   #2596  |  Link
lansing

I'm trying to append two clips with different resolution, but I'm getting nothing shown in the Vapoursynth editor preview, but there's no error message
Code:
clip = core.std.Splice([clip, clip2], mismatch=1)
Also how do I use the mismatch function in the operator method?
Code:
clip + clip2

Last edited by lansing; 8th August 2017 at 13:32. Reason: typo
lansing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2017, 21:35   #2597  |  Link
blaze077

Make sure zoom's not on fixed ratio in VSEdit.
blaze077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2017, 22:32   #2598  |  Link
lansing

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaze077 View Post
Make sure zoom's not on fixed ratio in VSEdit.
Thanks my first problem was solved
Old 8th August 2017, 08:20   #2599  |  Link
lansing

Where do I find the list of properties of a frame? For example, I want to get the frame number of a frame. There nothing written in the documentation about this.
Old 8th August 2017, 08:51   #2600  |  Link
blaze077

It's all there in the documentation:
FrameNum | FrameProps | SetFrameProp

A frame's properties can be accessed by using the get_frame function along with the props attribute. Like so:
Code:
src.get_frame(num).props.someFrameProperty = someValue
Reference.

Last edited by blaze077; 8th August 2017 at 09:08. Reason: Additional Information
blaze077 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
speed, vaporware, vapoursynth