Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > DVD2AVI / DGIndex

Old 17th July 2010, 13:44   #2121  |  Link
Lyle_JP
Unreasonable User

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuron2 View Post
Then maybe you are somehow invoking the wrong DLL, maybe from your Avisynth plugins directory. The memory leak did not get "unfixed" in 2021.
Not sure how that's possible. I deleted both old .dlls, and made a copy of the new DGDecodeNV.dll and called it DGMultiDecodeNV.dll to fool MeGUI. Both .dlls in my DGIndexNV folder are the new one, and they're the only .dlls in the folder. Is there something wrong with that methodology? Seemed pretty sound to me.

To clarify, there has never been (and still isn't) any DGDecodeNV dlls in my avisynth plugins directory. They're always explicitly invoked from the dgindexnv folder in my avisynth scripts.

Last edited by Lyle_JP; 17th July 2010 at 13:50.
Lyle_JP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2010, 13:50   #2122  |  Link

It's OK to fool MEGUI like that. Just make sure there's nothing in your Avisynth plugins directory.

Give the results with VirtualDub alone. Ensure the script explicitly loads the correct DLL with LoadPlugin().
Guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2010, 13:58   #2123  |  Link
Lyle_JP
Unreasonable User

Okay, I reinstalled Forceware and now things appear stable (knock on wood). I remembered that earlier in the day Media Player Classic using DXVA gave me the only BSOD I've ever seen on Windows 7. I guess it done broke my Nvidia drivers!
Lyle_JP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2010, 14:06   #2124  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydra3333 View Post
I noticed the log file was missing the info as well.
That's not ideal and I need to revisit this. Right now, it's that way to workaround a mysterious slowdown in Win7. I'll look into it.
Old 17th July 2010, 17:16   #2125  |  Link
Sharktooth
Mr. Sandman

@Lyle_JP: ensure your AVS script loads DGDecodeNV.dll and uses DGSource otherwise, edit it accordingly
im going to push a megui update along with dgindexnv update. that should address the issue but the AVS script should be re-created or edited as described here: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=155702

Last edited by Sharktooth; 17th July 2010 at 17:39.
Sharktooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2010, 18:16   #2126  |  Link
sumawo13
Learning Avisynth user

Quote:
Make sure your license file is named "license.txt". That is an 's' in there NOT a 'c'. Then put it in the same directory as DGIndexNV.exe. Open DGIndexNV and make sure Options/License Switcher is set to License 1. Then open your source file.

Another way people mess this up is by including an extra space after the machine ID when generating the license.
I made sure of all of that, and it still doesn't work. I even tried generating a new license making sure I had no spaces this time but it generated the exact same license.
sumawo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2010, 19:09   #2127  |  Link

Email me your license file, DGIndexNV INI file and machine ID. Tell me here what is the path where DGIndexNV.exe is and where license.txt is. Be sure to use 2021 if you are opening VOB or MPG.

You must be goofing up because you are the only person of thousands that can't make it work.
Old 17th July 2010, 19:23   #2128  |  Link
sumawo13
Learning Avisynth user

Quote:
Email me your license file, DGIndexNV INI file and machine ID. Tell me here what is the path where DGIndexNV.exe is and where license.txt is. Be sure to use 2021 if you are opening VOB or MPG.

You must be goofing up because you are the only person of thousands that can't make it work.
Email sent, path to both DGIndexNV and the license.txt is
Code:
C:\Video Related\DGIndexNV
Old 18th July 2010, 00:20   #2129  |  Link
senseiam
Just a friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumawo13 View Post
I made sure of all of that, and it still doesn't work. I even tried generating a new license making sure I had no spaces this time but it generated the exact same license.
I had the same issue you were having, make sure when you save the license .txt file DONT save it as UTF-8 or UNICODE, save it as ANSI

When I saved it as ANSI, it worked right away.
senseiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2010, 01:24   #2130  |  Link
sumawo13
Learning Avisynth user

Quote:
Originally Posted by senseiam View Post
I had the same issue you were having, make sure when you save the license .txt file DONT save it as UTF-8 or UNICODE, save it as ANSI

When I saved it as ANSI, it worked right away.
Unfortunately that didn't work either, but thanks for the idea.

This is very frustrating.
Old 18th July 2010, 01:24   #2131  |  Link

Correct. And if you have display of file extensions turned off you may inadvertently make a file named license.txt.txt.

I just returned from the pool and will look at the files you sent me, sumawo13. One thing to do is start DGIndexNV and look again at the machine ID. Make sure it matches what you put in the license generator. Sometimes you switch on or off a network card and it changes your machine ID.

Last edited by Guest; 18th July 2010 at 01:26.
Old 18th July 2010, 02:04   #2132  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumawo13 View Post
Unfortunately that didn't work either, but thanks for the idea.

This is very frustrating.
OK, I patched DGIndexNV to return your machine ID. I replaced my license file with yours. Started DGIndexNV and everything worked fine.

Please check the reported machine ID in DGIndexNV Help dialog and make sure it matches the one you sent me. If it is correct I'll work with you by email using debug builds.
Old 18th July 2010, 03:01   #2133  |  Link
sumawo13
Learning Avisynth user

Quote:
OK, I patched DGIndexNV to return your machine ID. I replaced my license file with yours. Started DGIndexNV and everything worked fine.

Please check the reported machine ID in DGIndexNV Help dialog and make sure it matches the one you sent me. If it is correct I'll work with you by email using debug builds.
It is indeed a match with the one I sent you, my machine ID has always been the same as far as I know, as I have onboard LAN and I've never put in a NIC.
Old 18th July 2010, 03:04   #2134  |  Link

Can your mail account accept a ZIP file? I ask because I get very irritated when I send a debug build and the receiver rejects it.
Old 18th July 2010, 03:30   #2135  |  Link

@sumawo13

Make sure your license file has a carriage return after the line of numbers.
Old 18th July 2010, 09:02   #2136  |  Link
Groucho2004

Quote:
@sumawo13

I don't have a CRLF in my license file and it works...
Groucho2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2010, 10:05   #2137  |  Link
sumawo13
Learning Avisynth user

Quote:
@sumawo13

That did it! Thanks for your help, I can't believe it was something so simple.
Old 18th July 2010, 10:19   #2138  |  Link
stax76

I had also problems after I got new hardware, I forgot all steps required to get things working and needed some minutes to find out things. It seems if it fails to detect a license when trying to load a source file it just does nothing. A warning and instruction would be very helpful here, something like:

Quote:
Failed to detect valid license, please do... take care of... white spaces like carriage return... ANSII encoding...
Maybe even validate text encoding and trim white spaces.

Last edited by stax76; 18th July 2010 at 10:31.
stax76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2010, 10:35   #2139  |  Link
Groucho2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by stax76 View Post
A warning and instruction would be very helpful here
That's exactly what would make it very easy for crackers to find the entry point for the license check.

Edit: I suppose the license check could be done in a separate module/program which wouldn't expose the main application. However, when I load a file in DGIndexNV and I see the first frame I know that the license is working. Good enough for me.

Last edited by Groucho2004; 18th July 2010 at 10:58.
Groucho2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2010, 11:08   #2140  |  Link
stax76

I have some application to manage passwords and important things, I simple wrote a note there with all information needed like I do with other applications and tasks so I'm probably not gonna have problems again but when it just does nothing some might not expect a license issue, first I thought it might be a bad stream or something, later I found out I needed to regenerate my license for some reason.
stax76 is offline   Reply With Quote