Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Decrypting

Old 15th October 2015, 19:17   #61  |  Link
nalor

Bugfix release available in the first post!
nalor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2015, 15:24   #62  |  Link
dirk362

Part 2 (Validation) fails in 080 and 081, works in 072

Had issues with both 081 and 080, yet 072 worked fine.
This was same disc, no reboot in-between etc.
Environment is Windows 10 Pro x64, DVDFab Passkey 8.2.4.7

3 log files attached - 081 and 080 failure, 072 success

Part 1 works fine in all versions, Part 2 (validation) fails in 08x

I'm wondering if this is somehow related to the fact that in 0.72 you have to disable (or close) PassKey to complete Part 2, whereas in 080/081 this seems to not be required or nothing is prompted in command window.

Hopefully attached logs are of some use...
Attached Files
File Type: txt FindVUK-081-failure.txt (9.0 KB, 126 views)
File Type: txt FindVUK-080-failure.txt (9.0 KB, 103 views)
File Type: txt FindVUK-072.working.txt (5.9 KB, 113 views)
dirk362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2015, 20:24   #63  |  Link
nalor

Hi! This is really strange.. maybe you can upload the logfiles to tinyupload.com so that I can access them right now?
Thanks!
Old 28th October 2015, 10:03   #64  |  Link
foxyshadis
ангел смерти

should be available now
foxyshadis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2015, 23:05   #65  |  Link
nalor

I've checked the logfiles and also my sourcecode and honestly I've changed nothing in the related area from 0.72 until now - so the source of the problem has to be some special kind of race condition.
When passkey finished the analysis it decrypts all encrypted files on the fly and renames the folder AACS to FAB! - so what I'm doing is to check if the AACS folder is still reachable on the disc and in case it is I print the 'AACS folder on bluray is reachable!' message (and I thought that in this case the disc is untouched and still reachable fully encrypted).
But it seems as if there's a time period between the passkey steps 'decrypt all files' and 'rename AACS folder' and in the end the AACS folder is reachable, but the files are already decrypted and thus it's not possible to validate the vuk...

Will change the error handling a little bit - so that in case this special error occurs the user is asked to exit passkey and afterwards I'll repeat the validation process.

Unfortunately I don't think I can do it tomorrow, so it will take until friday to fix this.
Old 30th October 2015, 23:39   #66  |  Link
nalor

Released 0.82 - the major changes are:

# ConsoleWindow is automatically resized on startup to ConsoleBufferSize width 120, height 300 and ConsoleScreenSize width 120, height 50 (all values are only increased - in case your current settings are already higher you shouldn't notice a change)
And in case this settings makes troubles just tell me and I'll remove it again...

# a new ini parameter allows to pause before the ValidateVUK part starts (its's called FindVUK / PauseBeforeValidateVUK) - set it to 1 and you'll asked to press a key before step 2 starts (basically only useful in case the automatic detection of the aacs folder on the disc is making troubles again...)

# in case Passkey is used and no encrypted files are found ask the user to exit Passkey and repeat the ValidateVUK process afterwards

# and I've added Passkey 8251 as tested application

I hope this release solves the problem reported by dirk362
Old 31st October 2015, 21:43   #67  |  Link
nalor

Released 0.83 - just 'polished' the last release a little bit further
Old 8th November 2015, 18:04   #68  |  Link
candela

Here's an overview of all the ini settings since they are spread all over this thread. I couldn't figure out what the CloseAtTheEnd parameter does
candela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2015, 18:08   #69  |  Link
nalor

When you set closeattheend=1 then dvdfab or mediaplayerpro are closed when you exit FindVUK - in case it's 0 they aren't.
Old 8th November 2015, 19:13   #70  |  Link
candela

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalor View Post
When you set closeattheend=1 then dvdfab or mediaplayerpro are closed when you exit FindVUK - in case it's 0 they aren't.
Doesn't work. It's set to 1 by default and doesn't close MediaPlayer nor Passkey when I exit FindVUK
Old 8th November 2015, 20:44   #71  |  Link
nalor

Please take care that this settings exists for each application except passkey.
In Section 'MediaPlayer' for mediaplayer and in section 'DVDfab' for dvdfab.

Just tried it on my computer - it's working without a problem for me...
Old 8th November 2015, 20:49   #72  |  Link
candela

Quote:
Please take care that this settings exists for each application except passkey.
In Section 'MediaPlayer' for mediaplayer and in section 'DVDfab' for dvdfab.

Just tried it on my computer - it's working without a problem for me...
I even tried with a "clean" install of FindVUK, so a new ini is created. It doesn't work. I have Win Vista 64 if that helps. FindVUK does start Mediaplayer/Passkey if it is not running. But closing doesn't work when closing FindVUK. However, MediaPlayer is closed by FindVUK before VUK validation

Last edited by candela; 8th November 2015 at 20:56.
Old 8th November 2015, 21:57   #73  |  Link
nalor

Released 0.84 - it fixes a small problem with a metatitle that includes a linebreak discovered by HaloSlayer255.

Additional I've raised the logoutput for the CloseAtTheEnd setting a little bit.

@candela: please try and post the logfile afterwards - I guess the result will be identical as before, but hopefully the log reveals what is going wrong in your case.

Additionally I think your explanations of the different ini values are great - would you mind if I include them with the application?
Old 9th November 2015, 00:28   #74  |  Link
candela

Quote:
@candela: please try and post the logfile afterwards - I guess the result will be identical as before, but hopefully the log reveals what is going wrong in your case.

Additionally I think your explanations of the different ini values are great - would you mind if I include them with the application?
I will check the log but it has to wait a week unfortunately as I'm no longer at home now (I work abroad)

You can do with the explanations file whatever you want
Old 9th November 2015, 04:28   #75  |  Link
HaloSlayer255

Just updated to 0.84 can't seem to load the program, using Windows 10 x64, tasklist shows FindVUK.exe is using only 80KB of memory. Also sometimes explorer.exe seems to slow down.
HaloSlayer255 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2015, 22:17   #76  |  Link
nalor

This is really strange - just tried it on my Win 8.1 x64 and also on a fresh Win 10 x64 installation and it's working in both cases without problems for me. I checked the taskmanager in Win10 and in my case FindVUK is using 1MB of memory - so 80kb seems to be really too little
Can you see something in the logfile? Does the console window open? And FindVUK 0.83 is working without any problems? The difference between those 2 releases is really small.. so I honestly have no idea what could be the reason for your problems...
Old 9th November 2015, 22:23   #77  |  Link
HaloSlayer255

Hello nalor,

There doesn't seem to be a log file from version 0.84, the console window doesn't open at all. FindVUK 0.83 works without problems.
Old 9th November 2015, 22:42   #78  |  Link
nalor

Really strange - please try this one here:

FindVUK 0.84.1

There are only 2 changes: I've added an OnError handler - so in case an unexpected error occurs you should get a dialogwindow with info about this problem (source file, line in code, ...) - so I hope this is happening for you and you can give me details afterwards

Additional I write a quite useless line "####################" to the logfile before opening the console window - so in case you're finding a logfile with this line it means FindVUK is at least working a little bit

I called it 0.84.1 because it's not even a real update in my eyes, more or less a special build to get more information
Old 9th November 2015, 23:47   #79  |  Link
HaloSlayer255

Hi nalor,

Just tried the program, still no window for the program. it seems that it just hangs, tasklist is showing multiple FindVUK programs, all using only 80KB of memory sometimes only 64KB though. When 0.83 loads however it uses 5,784KB of memory.
Old 9th November 2015, 23:55   #80  |  Link
nalor

And still no logfile? Do you have some kind of antivirus software that might interfere?
I'm really clueless at the moment...

Gesendet von meinem D5803 mit Tapatalk