Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > IFO/VOB Editors

Old 9th February 2010, 21:57   #1  |  Link
M_Knox
Custom user

[PgcEdit plugin] Drag-and-drop support plugin v1.0 (2010.02.09)

Hello,

This plugin adds some drag-and-drop functionality to PgcEdit - you can drag a file from the shell and drop it on main PgcEdit window.

Depending on what you drop, PgcEdit will react in a different way - dropping a .VOB/.IFO/.BUP file will result in loading a DVD from the folder the dropped file resides. This is the basic functionality that works for PgcEdit 8.6+ (I haven't checked earlier versions).

When run in PgcEdit version 9.0+, this plugins allows you to drop a .SBK (scratchbook) file - this will of course load the file into the scratchbook (replacing whatever you currently have in it).

PgcEdit 9.3 will add a little more to it:
  • When a .VOB/.IFO/.BUP file is dropped on the PGC list, the VTS will be APPENDED to the current DVD (holding Shift or dropping the file on some other region of the PgcEdit window will result in loading a DVD).
  • Dropping a .SBK file on the scratchbook will by default result in APPENDING to the current scratchbook, instead of replacing it (this can be overridden by holding Shift or dropping the file on some other region of the PgcEdit window).

I hope you'll find this plugin useful.

Additional URL for the plugin package: http://members.elysium.pl/morris/pro...plugin_1.0.rar
Attached Files
File Type: rar dndsupport_plugin_1.0.rar (67.6 KB, 125 views)
Old 10th February 2010, 12:02   #2  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Good addition, as always! Thanks, M_Knox!
r0lZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2010, 01:38   #3  |  Link
dirio49
JuSt a PoWer uSEr

i get this when open pgcedit in linux after installing the plugin

Code:
PgcEdit version 9.2 (February 16, 2009)
Running as a wrapped script under FreeWrap v 6.3.
Current character encoding: cp1252

Error sourcing /Tcl/work/PGCEDIT/PgcEdit.tcl: can't read "dir": no such variable
(user) 1 %
Old 27th February 2010, 08:48   #4  |  Link
M_Knox
Custom user

The only place when the "dir" variable is being accessed is the pkgIndex.tcl file that is a part of the TkDND 1.0 package. None of PgcEdit procedures access this file directly (it's the Tcl core that does it, upon "package require" command execution), so there's really not much I can help you in this.

I have no slightest idea why it is so in your case. I just tested it with PgcEdit 9.2 on Mandriva 2007 Free (with KDE 3.5) and it works just fine - PgcEdit displays no error message and accepts dropped files.
Old 27th February 2010, 09:11   #5  |  Link
M_Knox
Custom user

Actually I know what might have happened - you must have extracted the archive without the subfolders, ie. to one directory, while the files "libtkdnd1.0.so", "libtkdnd10.dll", "pkgIndex.tcl" and "tkdnd.tcl" should be in the tkdnd1.0 subfolder of the plugins folder.
Old 5th March 2010, 00:26   #6  |  Link
dirio49
JuSt a PoWer uSEr

That was the problem.
Thanks.

Tags
drag and drop, pgcedit, plugin