Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Closed Thread

Old 30th September 2014, 00:57   #4581  |  Link
foxyshadis
Angel of Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidelix View Post
Where can I find Stax's source code?

I want to find a way to remove the dialog that asks you to save the project when you close the program.

Right now I can't batch encode because of this - I'm using another software to monitor a directory for new files and run stax automatically on that file.
No one but Stax has ever seen the code to 1.1.9.0, and he isn't around anymore. You can try messaging him.
Old 4th October 2014, 18:18   #4582  |  Link
stax76

Quote:
Originally Posted by someoneXgr View Post
Will there be x265 support for StaxRip?
Yes, I will be back soon with quite a few ideas for improvements and new features!
Old 5th October 2014, 02:57   #4583  |  Link
someoneXgr

Quote:
Originally Posted by stax76 View Post
Yes, I will be back soon with quite a few ideas for improvements and new features!
That's great! Looking forward for it.
Old 5th October 2014, 05:51   #4584  |  Link
Chetwood

Sounds promising. I love how Hybrid does not demux any files when loading them but the GUI is too crowded compared to Staxrip.

MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
MultiShrink
: DVD Shrink batch processing
Offizieller Übersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch
Old 5th October 2014, 23:00   #4585  |  Link
Fidelix

stax76, any chance you might release the source code of Staxrip?

Or perhaps give me some tips on how to disable some dialogs so that we can do proper automation?

Thanks!
Old 6th October 2014, 00:06   #4586  |  Link
manolito

The second best thing is probably to use a tool like ClickOff to answer those dialog windows automatically. ClickOff by Johannes Hübner is in constant use on my computer, and it failed me only once (a window without a window title).

Cheers
manolito
Old 6th October 2014, 03:44   #4587  |  Link
jkilez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidelix View Post
I want to find a way to remove the dialog that asks you to save the project when you close the program.
In a similar vein, can anyone tell me how to turn off tooltips for the main application? They constantly pop up right when I am about to select something, thereby nullifying my click. The changelog indicates that there is a way to disable them, but I have yet to find it.
Old 8th October 2014, 15:10   #4588  |  Link
stonehedge

Quote:
Very happy to read this, thanks a lot! Staxrip is super, i really love it!
Old 15th October 2014, 07:44   #4589  |  Link
Glarioo

Quote:
Nice, an update is on the way. Thanks!
Old 15th October 2014, 09:30   #4590  |  Link
detmek

Quote:
Great, Stax! I really like your program as it allows me do define custom Avisynth filters and scripts and it is very good for cutting files.

P.S. Will you continue to use VirtualDubMod or you will switch to CLI tools?
Old 24th October 2014, 02:01   #4591  |  Link
Sivar

Quote:
Whether or not Staxrip updates are coming, I want to sincerely thank you for all your work on Staxrip. It is such a insanely well-designed tool with such a well thought-out UI, I have kept using it over others even when it appeared to be on the way out.
While I do not know VB.NET, I know its sister language, C#. If I can be of some help with minor enhancements, please let me know. It is the least I can do for all the use I've gotten out of Staxrip.
Old 24th October 2014, 05:36   #4592  |  Link
Chetwood

I too love the UI, it's almost as simple as DVD Shrink's. I'd love to see updates of the program.

MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
MultiShrink
: DVD Shrink batch processing
Offizieller Übersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch
Old 26th October 2014, 09:29   #4593  |  Link
Havokdan

When?Where?Roadmap?
Old 30th October 2014, 03:16   #4594  |  Link
jkilez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havokdan View Post
When?Where?Roadmap?
Are we there yet?
Old 1st November 2014, 22:29   #4595  |  Link
AMED

I really never gave Staxrip a really good try since i was more a MeGUI person. It took 10 - 20 minutes to understand the Staxrip way of thinking. I have to admit Staxrip is excellent, the interface is simple but still allows you to customize and tweak .

I downloaded Staxrip v1.1.9 and have updated the following;
  • FFMS to v2.20
  • EAC3TO to v3.27
  • MkvToolnix to v7.3.0 (64bit)
  • x264 to build 2479
  • MediaInfo to v0.7.70.0
everything is still working fine.

One feature I miss from MeGUI is the multiple workers. if you are encoding a 1080p bluray and keeping the same resolution and denoising more often than not you will only be using 60 - 70% CPU. So allowing 2 encoding sessions at once allows you to maximize the CPU.

A big thank you to stax76 for all your hard work and time you have invested in to Staxrip.
Old 3rd November 2014, 05:32   #4596  |  Link
Sivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMED View Post
One feature I miss from MeGUI is the multiple workers. if you are encoding a 1080p bluray and keeping the same resolution and denoising more often than not you will only be using 60 - 70% CPU. So allowing 2 encoding sessions at once allows you to maximize the CPU.
I use Staxrip for multiple encodes. It does require running more than one Staxrip instance, but I don't find that much of a disadvantage.

I am running 9 encodes now, since there's a slight x264 benefit to encoding single-threaded.
Old 3rd November 2014, 07:46   #4597  |  Link
AMED

So you need to start a staxrip batch job, launch a second instance of staxrip and then launch another batch job?

So there is no clashing when running 2 instances with multiple jobs each? e.g. If one of the batch jobs is aborted can it be restarted?
Old 3rd November 2014, 23:09   #4598  |  Link
Sivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMED View Post
So you need to start a staxrip batch job, launch a second instance of staxrip and then launch another batch job?

So there is no clashing when running 2 instances with multiple jobs each? e.g. If one of the batch jobs is aborted can it be restarted?
Yes.

- I have never had a problem with any sort of clashing.
- Each instance can do the same thing (e.g. encoding) or something different (some encoding, some indexing, etc.)
- Each instance of Staxrip is independent. If one fails, needs to be aborted, etc. it does not affect the others.
- If you index a video with Staxrip and want to add it to an existing instance, just click on the window of the instance you want to add it to, then when asked if you want to add to the running copy of Staxrip, say that you do. Somehow Staxrip or Windows remembers the last Staxrip instance that you clicked on.

If you start a new instance by middle-clicking a running instance, the new instance will have the same batch job as the old one, which you delete. It's easy to tell -- when you add a new item, StaxRip shows you the batch queue.

I have run up to 12 instances at a time.
Old 5th November 2014, 14:01   #4599  |  Link
stax76

@Sivar

Do you have particular interests in regard of features and .NET programming?

@all

I'm glad to know you still like using StaxRip while this long pause and unknown future, here is what I've done so far:

- removing the YV12 decoder requirement using AviSynth's ConvertToRGB instead in preview/crop dialog

- removing XviD/DivX encoding

- internal cleanup and refactoring breaking backward compatibility to settings/projects

- implemented a replacement for treeview settings and migrated the complete options dialog. The UI is still built dynamically from code but the UI looks and feels like a very well form designed UI, other dialogs will be migrated too. First I wanted to implement the x265 UI on top of this, that's how I come to the idea for building it, but later I realized to do it best similar to the x264 dialog improving the design if possible.

The big problem are health issues (mostly joints and general poor health) that got much worse just lately so until I recover development will be paused, I'm sure next year will be much better.

Last edited by stax76; 5th November 2014 at 14:30.
Old 5th November 2014, 16:11   #4600  |  Link
jkilez

Quote:
- removing XviD/DivX encoding
Noooooooooo!

The fact that StaxRip can do both h.263 and h.264 is (a large part of) what makes it great. Some of us still use Xvid for standard resolution encodes, as the resultant avi files work on everything. If you take that feature away, StaxRip starts to look more like a version of HandBrake.

Last edited by jkilez; 5th November 2014 at 16:13.
Closed Thread

Tags
gui, h.264, h.265, hevc, mkv, x264, x265