Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Closed Thread

Old 23rd January 2015, 09:56   #4641  |  Link
Jeroi

Quote:
Originally Posted by stax76 View Post
You can't.
Is there reason why there is no option to delete logfiles after job is done without error?

Also future feature suggestion:

Please could you separate encoder/job control from main thread to it's own thread. It would be nice to be able to add jobs and edit options while encoding jobs. After all, there is multiple cores in prosessors these days and internet can be used while encoding, so i believe one could add jobs and edit settings of encoder while encoding. At the moment I need to abort job control, this means I need to manually either remove already done jobs from jobs or delete already encoded files, because I want to add more files to queve, where jobcontrol aborts all job strips so it want to encode whole job queve again, even if it was done couple of videos already. I believe this is related to jobcontrol log files also, because it generates those after each encode, thus remembering what was used at job queve.

What I would like to see: suspend queve, browse some new files, add to queve -> resume or if one has powerfull prosessor the just adding while encoding support.

Last edited by Jeroi; 23rd January 2015 at 10:14.
Old 23rd January 2015, 14:37   #4642  |  Link
stax76

Quote:
Is there reason why there is no option to delete logfiles after job is done without error?
No, just a small missing feature with low priority to add.

Regarding Job processing I plan to add a option to the start button like "Start in new instance", for threads I would need to rewrite half of the code which will never happen.
Old 24th January 2015, 12:18   #4643  |  Link
Jeroi

One more "BUG" that annoys me is template saving. Currently you can select settings and save them as template. How ever there is no option to edit template. I mean when I open template it removes all my edited template settings. I would like to save the template settings again to add edited options to the template.
Old 24th January 2015, 12:24   #4644  |  Link
VfBFan

After opening and demuxing a vob-source with the option "Merge Files" I get this error message.

Code:
StaxRip has crashed!

Error 
 failed with exit code 2

StaxRip.ErrorAbortException: Error 
 failed with exit code 2
   bei StaxRip.Proc.Start() in C:\Daten\Projekte\VS\VB\StaxRip\General\Proc.vb:Zeile 259.
   bei StaxRip.MainForm.DemuxVobSubSubtitles(Boolean isVobSource) in C:\Daten\Projekte\VS\VB\StaxRip\Forms\MainForm.vb:Zeile 2131.
   bei StaxRip.MainForm.OpenVideoSourceFiles(List`1 files, Boolean autoMode) in C:\Daten\Projekte\VS\VB\StaxRip\Forms\MainForm.vb:Zeile 1908.
Old 24th January 2015, 13:04   #4645  |  Link
stax76

Quote:
One more "BUG" that annoys me is template saving. Currently you can select settings and save them as template. How ever there is no option to edit template. I mean when I open template it removes all my edited template settings. I would like to save the template settings again to add edited options to the template.
Is there a more intuitive way for a template system? You can save a template, you can load a template, and of course you can overwrite a template.

Quote:
After opening and demuxing a vob-source with the option "Merge Files" I get this error message.
Are you new to opening vob files? I think there are still people who use it over the favored MakeMKV ripping method, there is a bug with vsrip (fixed in next release) but generally this method should still work well. If there is a log file please mail it or save it on pastebin.
Old 24th January 2015, 13:17   #4646  |  Link
VfBFan

It's not so important anymore, after this error I use makemkv for all new sources. ;-)

Feature request: Checkboxes in container options to force subtitles and set as default.
Old 24th January 2015, 15:05   #4647  |  Link
stax76

Quote:
Feature request: Checkboxes in container options to force subtitles and set as default.
Wouldn't reordering be just fine? I think mkvmerge sets the first stream to be default, you can check with the built in MediaInfo feature.
Old 24th January 2015, 20:30   #4648  |  Link
Lentzeris

Hello.

I try to encode an mkv episode from a tv show to mp4 using the version 1.2.0.1 beta and I get an error right before the compressibility test starts. I am using the 64bit 8 bit x264 encoder.

The error is the following:

"StaxRip has crashed!

Error Compressibility Check

Compressibility Check failed with exit code -1

E:\My Documents\Downloaded Programs\Video (Play-Convert)\StaxRip_1.2.0.1_beta\Applications\x264\x264 64-Bit 8-Bit.exe: unknown option -- x26x-binary

StaxRip.ErrorAbortException: Error Compressibility Check

Compressibility Check failed with exit code -1

E:\My Documents\Downloaded Programs\Video (Play-Convert)\StaxRip_1.2.0.1_beta\Applications\x264\x264 64-Bit 8-Bit.exe: unknown option -- x26x-binary

at StaxRip.Proc.Start() in C:\Daten\Projekte\VS\VB\StaxRip\General\Proc.vb:line 259
at StaxRip.x264Encoder.RunCompCheck(String executable, String arguments, String[] logValuesToSkip) in C:\Daten\Projekte\VS\VB\StaxRip\General\x264.vb:line 95
at StaxRip.x264Encoder.RunCompCheck() in C:\Daten\Projekte\VS\VB\StaxRip\General\x264.vb:line 69
at StaxRip.MainForm.OpenVideoSourceFiles(List`1 files, Boolean autoMode) in C:\Daten\Projekte\VS\VB\StaxRip\Forms\MainForm.vb:line 1928"

I have attached the logfile of the encode along with the avisynth script I am using.

This script is from a template I create which I have been using for the past years through my many encodes with the latest stable version we had. This error appears during any file I try to convert only with the latest beta version. If I use the 32bit version of the x264 encoder, there is no error.

Can anyone identify the error?
Attached Files
File Type: zip S04E01 - Monsters Among Us temp files.zip (2.7 KB, 15 views)

Last edited by Lentzeris; 24th January 2015 at 20:42. Reason: add text
Old 25th January 2015, 02:26   #4649  |  Link
Jeroi

Couble feature request:

Jobs->ADD: Remember last used folder

File batch: Add folder with recursive seek.

Issues and needs:

Because it annoys when adding files to queve it remembers last opened single file folder but not remember the add files dialog last opened folder. Second one is to help adding more files in single step. If recursive folder adding is added, files on different folders are much easier to add.
Old 25th January 2015, 09:55   #4650  |  Link
Lentzeris

Video preview is crashing for most videos in latest beta when I use the next avisynth filter:

textsub((LeftStr("Y:\New Movies & Series\Series\American Horror Story\S04E02 - Massacres And Matinees.mkv", StrLen("Y:\New Movies & Series\Series\American Horror Story\S04E02 - Massacres And Matinees.mkv")-4))+ ".ass")

The example is for an episode of a tv series, and what I am trying to do is add the .ass subtitle file which has the same name as the video file. This command was working normally with previous versions. This is happening with .srt files as well. If I try to hardcode the subtitle or if I remove completely the textsub filter, there is no error.
Old 25th January 2015, 16:13   #4651  |  Link
Brother John
(schein)heilig

Quote:
Wouldn't reordering be just fine? I think mkvmerge sets the first stream to be default, you can check with the built in MediaInfo feature.
Not it all situations. Consider a multi-language MKV: English audio, German audio, English subs, German subs (streams in that order). No forced subs or anything, just plain old normal full subtitle tracks. Without manual intervention MKVMerge will flag both English audio and subs as default:yes. That means by default players will display the English subtitles.

To prevent the subtitles from showing up automatically (maybe because you understand English well enough and only include them as an optional feature) you need to manually flag the English subs as default:no.

When lost in BeSweet's options, have a look at the Commandline Reference.
DVD nach MPEG-4 klappt nicht? Verzweifelt? Auf zum Encodingwissen!
Old 25th January 2015, 17:23   #4652  |  Link
stax76

@Lentzeris

Next release fixes some comp check crashes.

Quote:
Jobs->ADD: Remember last used folder
Which folder?

Quote:
File batch: Add folder with recursive seek.
Batch processing has low priority because it don't seem to be used by many. The dialog to add files in file batch mode has drag & drop support so you can search for files recursively with windows explorer and then drag them on the dialog.

Quote:
Because it annoys when adding files to queve it remembers last opened single file folder but not remember the add files dialog last opened folder. Second one is to help adding more files in single step. If recursive folder adding is added, files on different folders are much easier to add.
I'm not sure if I understand it correctly, often I don't remember many details of features added long time ago and rarely used by myself. I'll take a look at it.

Quote:
Video preview is crashing for most videos in latest beta when I use the next avisynth filter:
I've ass sample I can test, is there a stack trace in the log file or a message box where you can export a stack trace?

@Brother John

Good to see you around and thanks for the explanation, it's added and will be released within the next couple of days.
Old 25th January 2015, 19:09   #4653  |  Link
davizator

Question about audio conversion

Hello...

About audio....How can I convert from 6ch AC3 to 6ch AAC? In this 1.2 version automatically convert 6ch AC3 to 2ch WAV and then to 2ch AAC.... but I can do the conversion directly copying the command line to a dos window and changing the wav file name to sourcefilename.ac3...

Thanks for that great program....
Old 25th January 2015, 20:05   #4654  |  Link
Patman

Some ideas and a bug maybe

Hello community...

I've found a bug in audio conversion. For AC3 conversion i've set the encoder automatic and the bitrate to 448 kbit/s but when i started the process, the bitrate is set to 640 kbit/s. Is this a bug?

Please update the avisynth filters and all applications to the latest and project x to version 0.91.08. So java isn't required for Staxrip.

Nice to see that the development will continued...

Greets Pat

Last edited by Patman; 25th January 2015 at 20:06. Reason: mistake
Old 25th January 2015, 20:56   #4655  |  Link
stax76

@Patman & davizator

I've overhauled audio processing by much hoping to eliminate some reported problems, it just needs a little bit more testing.

Quote:
Please update the avisynth filters and all applications to the latest and project x to version 0.91.08. So java isn't required for Staxrip.
9 MB only for this app is way to much, I would like to include MPC 32-Bit for avs preview but it's another 10 MB.
Old 25th January 2015, 23:44   #4656  |  Link
stax76

@Lentzeris

I've tried my ASS sample with the code below not getting a crash.

Code:
TextSub((LeftStr("%source_file%", StrLen("%source_file%")-4))+ ".ass")
Old 26th January 2015, 02:01   #4657  |  Link
stax76

Here is a test build for everybody having a problem with the previous release or anybody wanting to help removing bugs from the next release coming in in 2-3 days.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/flf1s6x622....01.26.7z?dl=0

I've not taken care migrating settings like in the past so I recommend to delete the content of the settings directory with every build.

Last edited by stax76; 26th January 2015 at 02:21.
Old 26th January 2015, 18:04   #4658  |  Link
cegy

Quote:
Here is a test build for everybody having a problem with the previous release or anybody wanting to help removing bugs from the next release coming in in 2-3 days.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/flf1s6x622....01.26.7z?dl=0

I've not taken care migrating settings like in the past so I recommend to delete the content of the settings directory with every build.
i've not really used it to encode with if i was to be honest but mainly to see if the changes was made which i asked about here

however there is one minor thing i've notice which is still nice to be able to see at a quick look then having to blind guess the numbers..

the cropping colours (cropping part) seems much better on how its able to change based on the colour of your windows theme but i do wonder if the classic style will come back via a option (hardcoded maybe?)

the ffmpeg encoding part seems like a nice idea but a suggestion would maybe add a edit box so the user can add there own options if that's possible?

keep up the good work stax76
Old 26th January 2015, 19:32   #4659  |  Link
stax76

Quote:
however there is one minor thing i've notice which is still nice to be able to see at a quick look then having to blind guess the numbers..
changed it too now

Quote:
the cropping colours (cropping part) seems much better on how its able to change based on the colour of your windows theme but i do wonder if the classic style will come back via a option (hardcoded maybe?)
You mean Windows 98/MPC-HC style? If you enable this in Windows then StaxRip should use classic style otherwise it's a bug.

There is a option at Tools/Seetings/System/Menu Style, the menu drawing is from me so I hope it looks OK and works.

Quote:
the ffmpeg encoding part seems like a nice idea but a suggestion would maybe add a edit box so the user can add there own options if that's possible?
I think I can add it, also for audio encoding.
Old 26th January 2015, 21:21   #4660  |  Link
stax76

@Alexander

I tried to answer your private message but for some reason the system don't allow to send it. You can also mail me or use the German doom9 forum, it has a StaxRip support thread too.
Closed Thread

Tags
gui, h.264, h.265, hevc, mkv, x264, x265