Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Old 24th February 2020, 08:57   #841  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

I remember that MPC-HC started supporting MPC-VR just recently. There have been some fixes and improvements in Release 0.4.1 but also a note:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksoid1978
Recommended version of MPC-BE v1.5.5.5044 or later.
I wonder if there are changes in the front-end code necessary to support all the features of the renderer.

New German Gleitz board
MediaFire: x264 | x265 | VPx | AOM | Xvid
LigH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2020, 18:52   #842  |  Link
huhn

here you go: https://forum.doom9.org/showpost.php...&postcount=713
huhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2020, 10:40   #843  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

Yes, he added support for MPC-VR in October 2019.

But I don't know how much the interface changed since October 2019, when the latest release of February 2020 explicitly mentions a minimum MPC-BE version.

New German Gleitz board
MediaFire: x264 | x265 | VPx | AOM | Xvid
LigH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2020, 14:29   #844  |  Link
huhn

it recommended and my guess is this:
Added support for "post scale" shaders.
which MPC-HC doesn't support with this video renderer.
if you really want to know this you should ask in there thread.
huhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2020, 16:39   #845  |  Link
aufkrawall

I really like the dark theme, very sane and complete. I wished Microsoft would be similarly competent for the Windows UI in general.
aufkrawall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2020, 21:16   #846  |  Link
Loomis

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevcairiel View Post
In DirectShow, this is not really possible. The DirectShow filter graph needs to re-configure itself for a new stream, which requires briefly stopping it.
The alternative would be that the switch doesn't happen instantly, but is delayed for several seconds, which is not what people usually expect.
“The pin can disconnect and reconnect while the filter is still active (paused or running).”

“The pin can negotiate a new media type while the filter is still active, without reconnecting.”

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...namicoutputpin
Loomis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2020, 22:20   #847  |  Link
Major_Dick

https://www.codecguide.com/klcp_update.htm

Changelog:

Updated MPC-HC to version 1.9.1.34

Is this an error on the K-lite site or is this something they have done, what am i missing?
Major_Dick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2020, 00:12   #848  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loomis View Post
“The pin can disconnect and reconnect while the filter is still active (paused or running).”

“The pin can negotiate a new media type while the filter is still active, without reconnecting.”

Nothing supports that, and its also not the only problem. Don't worry, I've been doing this for 10 years.
Old 29th February 2020, 08:51   #849  |  Link
foxyshadis
Angel of Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loomis View Post

And then the fun begins. DirectShow's less-used cases are more aspirational than a minimum requirement, even after all these decades.
foxyshadis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2020, 16:04   #850  |  Link
Klementh

I'm having a crash problem.

When watching any video, if I go to the internal LAV Audio Decoder configuration, in the Mixer tab, if I uncheck Clipping Protection, I get an Exception: ACCESS VIOLATION message when trying to apply the change.

Last edited by Klementh; 1st March 2020 at 16:07.
Klementh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2020, 22:23   #851  |  Link
clsid

I have seen a similar report before, but I can't reproduce. Screenshot of the error please.
clsid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2020, 22:32   #852  |  Link
Klementh

Screenshot.

Klementh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2020, 13:08   #853  |  Link
ree

Hi. Could you add basic support for extended m3u, m3u8 files?
An extended m3u file looks like this:
Code:
#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:-1,Channel 1 HD
udp://@225.1.2.249:30120
#EXTINF:-1,C2 HD
http://abc.xyz
It begins with "#EXTM3U" which tells you that this is an extended M3U file
"#EXTINF" shows the time of the file in seconds(negative values mean ignore time) and the display title

There are other tags, but they seem unimportant since mpc-hc only provides basic playlist support that displays video name and duration.

The current mpc-hc treats all lines as urls, which means when I open a .m3u file, only valid urls are added to the playlist and the display titles are ignored since the tags aren't parsed. So playlist displays urls instead of channel names, and because these urls don't give you any information, it's really difficult to find a channel in playlist. So it would be great if you could add support for extm3u files.

Thanks!
ree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2020, 13:32   #854  |  Link
stax76

Use MPC-BE
stax76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2020, 14:35   #855  |  Link
ree

Quote:
Originally Posted by stax76 View Post
Use MPC-BE
That's an option, too, but my mpc-hc is still functional, and I don't want to change my video player just because it cannot label m3u playlists right
Old 2nd March 2020, 15:12   #856  |  Link
stax76

First post states there is little active development, I remember that the MPC-BE team added requested playlist features last year so maybe you have more luck there, otherwise you can try vlc and mpv, others aren't very good.
stax76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2020, 23:35   #857  |  Link
hello_hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by ree View Post
Hi. Could you add basic support for extended m3u, m3u8 files?
An extended m3u file looks like this:
Code:
#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:-1,Channel 1 HD
udp://@225.1.2.249:30120
#EXTINF:-1,C2 HD
http://abc.xyz
It begins with "#EXTM3U" which tells you that this is an extended M3U file
"#EXTINF" shows the time of the file in seconds(negative values mean ignore time) and the display title

There are other tags, but they seem unimportant since mpc-hc only provides basic playlist support that displays video name and duration.

The current mpc-hc treats all lines as urls, which means when I open a .m3u file, only valid urls are added to the playlist and the display titles are ignored since the tags aren't parsed. So playlist displays urls instead of channel names, and because these urls don't give you any information, it's really difficult to find a channel in playlist. So it would be great if you could add support for extm3u files.

Thanks!
Are you sure it's supposed to display the title? Wikipedia doesn't seem overly specific about it, but it does say #EXTINF is optional.

I tried VLC, Foobar2000 and MPC-HC, and the latter two don't display the #EXTINF title. They both seem to find the title from the URL when you initially start playing, or from the file name for local files, although they both appear to remember the title next time around.

Foobar2000 and MPC-HC won't display the #EXTALB info either. They both appear to ignore it, however you might be able to use it as a way to label the streams, because MPC-HC displays it, even though it's labelled as invalid.

Try something like this:

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:,JJJ
#EXTALB:Title 1
http://live-radio02.mediahubaustralia.com/2TJW/aac/
#EXTINF:283,Garbage
#EXTALB:Title 2
Garbage - 14 - #1 Crush.mp3

The #EXTALB info will display above the stream/file in the playlist. If you double click on #EXTALB, MPC-HC should skip it and play the actual stream or file that follows.

I never use playlists or favourites in MPC-HC, but is that another option.... saving the badly named playlist titles as favourites?

By the way, for the stream in the example above, MPC-HC only displays "aac" in the playlist, but the File/Properties menu displays "Triple J NSW" as the clip name when it's playing. And if you hover the cursor over the aac entry in the playlist, the tooltip displays the URL.

Last edited by hello_hello; 2nd March 2020 at 23:39.
hello_hello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2020, 23:49   #858  |  Link
hello_hello

Another idea:

#EXTM3U
http://live-radio02.mediahubaustralia.com/2TJW/aac/#JJJ

All you'll see is #JJJ in the MPC-HC playlist but it'll play okay. And I forgot about enabling View/Information. That'll display "Triple J NSW", at least while it's playing.

Damn! Standard comments should have been idea number one. Wikipedia says comments can be used right above the M3U extensions list.

Last edited by hello_hello; 3rd March 2020 at 00:16.
hello_hello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2020, 13:03   #859  |  Link
ree

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello_hello View Post
Another idea:

#EXTM3U
http://live-radio02.mediahubaustralia.com/2TJW/aac/#JJJ

All you'll see is #JJJ in the MPC-HC playlist but it'll play okay. And I forgot about enabling View/Information. That'll display "Triple J NSW", at least while it's playing.

Damn! Standard comments should have been idea number one. Wikipedia says comments can be used right above the M3U extensions list.
Thank you. The #id trick works well on my list. But I imagine some sites with specific routing configuration won't allow that.

Oh I forgot to mention that lines beginning with a hash sign are comments and should be ignored by most players, so there won't be any issue when implementing an m3u parser while playing a normal m3u playlist. Then again, the whole concept of the m3u format is non standard, so telling the dev to add support to non-standard syntax from a de facto format (which even varies between programs or iptv providers) doesn't seem right

And most people these days don't use m3u files to create their playlist, but instead these files are usually containers for iptv lists which they get from somewhere or given by their tv provider. Programs like Kodi can import those m3u, m3u8. And mpc-hc can also run those files well too, although it imports files to the playlist very slowly when you have a big file ,i.e. >300 line files
Old 3rd March 2020, 20:40   #860  |  Link
clsid

MPC-HC's own format (.mpcpl)
Code:
MPCPLAYLIST
1,type,0
1,label,title goes here
1,filename,http://live-radio02.mediahubaustralia.com/2TJW/aac/
2,type,0
2,label,another title goes here
2,filename,http://live-radio02.mediahubaustralia.com/2TJW/aac/