Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 12th March 2019, 13:06   #28421  |  Link
wambaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by musiclover View Post
You might want to try TSM2UHD. See http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=175120
My problem is not the uhd bd structure, I'm not burning a disc but I'm just trying mux files on hard disk.
It seems bitrate has an influence, if I reencode with lower bitrate like 35000 the Effect is less, but still present.
wambaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2019, 14:12   #28422  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by wambaz View Post
My problem is not the uhd bd structure, I'm not burning a disc but I'm just trying mux files on hard disk.
It seems bitrate has an influence, if I reencode with lower bitrate like 35000 the Effect is less, but still present.
TSMuxer has issues with UHD. It misses recognizing the start of some frames and then buries the frame within the PES packet of another. As a result the timestamps get way off, sync is lost, and you get jerky playback. After TSMuxer creates the structure, the video stream has to be remuxed completely to correct it. I'm working on that for BD-RB, but just haven't had a lot of free time lately.
Old 15th March 2019, 04:09   #28423  |  Link
omegaman7

I've been dealing with DTS XLL/HD-MA tracks, and I'm starting to keep the tracks. Or rather, instructing BD rebuilder to do so on MKV outputs(Keep original audio). I've been noticing that the outputs lose more than half their bitrate/file size(3700K becomes 1500K). Since I don't see BD Rebuilder "Encoding Audio Track", I'm assuming there's another explanation?
I've dismissed it for a few encodes, since i'm sure the difference is negligible. But now I'm curious lol
Old 15th March 2019, 04:18   #28424  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegaman7 View Post
Since I don't see BD Rebuilder "Encoding Audio Track", I'm assuming there's another explanation?
Keeping the core of an HD/MA audio stream does not require recoding. After the MKV file is created, run it through Media Info to see if the HD/MA audio is still there, or not.
MrVideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2019, 04:32   #28425  |  Link
omegaman7

The output file says compression mode: lossy. Nothing of HD-MA.
So, the original HD-MA has redundant audio information? In that when removed, it's unnoticed? Apologies, my current audio system is bordering on analog, and my understanding not much better lol
Old 16th March 2019, 02:18   #28426  |  Link
MrVideo

Each of the high-def (actually a misnomer) audio formats have in their core the base codec, i.e.Dolby Digital 5.1 @ 640k and DTS 5.1 @ 1509k. That is to allow for players, amps, etc. that do not know about the non-lossy formats to be able to play them. That also allows for programs to also extract the core. No idea why BDRB is extracting the core instead of keeping the whole stream.
Old 16th March 2019, 19:21   #28427  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Quote:
The output file says compression mode: lossy. Nothing of HD-MA.
So, the original HD-MA has redundant audio information? In that when removed, it's unnoticed? Apologies, my current audio system is bordering on analog, and my understanding not much better lol
You have disabled "Keep HD Audio for BD25/Alternate Intact". Which reduces core. It doesn't rerender the Audio.
Old 16th March 2019, 21:31   #28428  |  Link
omegaman7

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigaFuture View Post
You have disabled "Keep HD Audio for BD25/Alternate Intact". Which reduces core. It doesn't rerender the Audio.
Since I'm outputting MKV, I didn't think that setting would apply.
Old 16th March 2019, 22:02   #28429  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Since I'm outputting MKV, I didn't think that setting would apply.
Make sure you have "Keep HD Audio for BD25/Alternate Intact" checked on the SETUP dialog. You also have to select (or create) an ALTERNATE profile that has aType set to 2 (intact audio). If those two conditions are met, then both the core and the HD audio will be kept.

Just a warning, though. In creating an MKV the HD and core audio are muxed separately (as two independent audio streams). An MKV doesn't support two audio types muxed as one stream like Blu-Ray does. That fact makes it even more complicated when you go the other way (from MKV to Blu-Ray), since the Blu-Ray standard doesn't support the HD stream without the core.

Output to MKV is Alternate output (non BD)... so the setting "Keep HD Audio for BD25/Alternate Intact" applies.

Last edited by jdobbs; 16th March 2019 at 22:11.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2019, 22:41   #28430  |  Link
omegaman7

Well, that's embarrassing lol Guess I disregarded the second part.
Thanks for your help, everyone. MUCH appreciated.
Old 16th March 2019, 23:00   #28431  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Quote:
Why embarrassing? Ya lurned sumtin', right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
Make sure you have "Keep HD Audio for BD25/Alternate Intact" checked on the SETUP dialog. You also have to select (or create) an ALTERNATE profile that has aType set to 2 (intact audio). If those two conditions are met, then both the core and the HD audio will be kept.

Just a warning, though. In creating an MKV the HD and core audio are muxed separately (as two independent audio streams). An MKV doesn't support two audio types muxed as one stream like Blu-Ray does. That fact makes it even more complicated when you go the other way (from MKV to Blu-Ray), since the Blu-Ray standard doesn't support the HD stream without the core.

Output to MKV is Alternate output (non BD)... so the setting "Keep HD Audio for BD25/Alternate Intact" applies.
All right, all right, just because I didn't go into details... Show-off!
Old 17th March 2019, 13:32   #28432  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Don't be embarrassed. I actually looked at the code to be sure myself.
Quote:
All right, all right, just because I didn't go into details... Show-off!
It's an old trick. A quote from W.C. Fields: "If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit."

Last edited by jdobbs; 17th March 2019 at 13:41.
Old 17th March 2019, 23:25   #28433  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Yeah, he wasn't a very consistently happy guy. I also forget about the quote. Are you sure, Penn of Penn and Teller didn't say that? Haa!

The 3 Stooges: "It's my vein...the biggest vein you ever saw." - "I'll show you, it's right there. Ain't it a wopper"?

Last edited by AmigaFuture; 18th March 2019 at 04:47.
AmigaFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2019, 00:42   #28434  |  Link
DrinkLyeAndDie

Has anyone else updated to DGDecNV 2053 dated 2019-03-10 and run into any issues using it with BD-RB? Initially I was getting errors related to extracting subs and then after playing around with settings, a clean BD-RB install, etc, the problem moved to errors when doing CRF prediction. I spent a number of hours trying to figure out why I was running into issues seemingly out of nowhere until I remembered that I had recently updated from the previous DGDecNV version. I reverted back to the older version, 2053 dated 2019-02-23, and things appear to be working again. So far.

Original error message:

Quote:
03-19-19 [17:47:12] ExtractAudioSubs() 00053 1604
Don't happen to have error from the CRF prediction stage. I deleted the log before saving it.

Last edited by DrinkLyeAndDie; 20th March 2019 at 00:46.
DrinkLyeAndDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2019, 01:20   #28435  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkLyeAndDie View Post
Has anyone else updated to DGDecNV 2053 dated 2019-03-10 and run into any issues using it with BD-RB? Initially I was getting errors related to extracting subs and then after playing around with settings, a clean BD-RB install, etc, the problem moved to errors when doing CRF prediction. I spent a number of hours trying to figure out why I was running into issues seemingly out of nowhere until I remembered that I had recently updated from the previous DGDecNV version. I reverted back to the older version, 2053 dated 2019-02-23, and things appear to be working again. So far.

Original error message:

Don't happen to have error from the CRF prediction stage. I deleted the log before saving it.
I've been using v2053 for some time now. But it is dated 5/21/2017 (last modified date). It doesn't sound right that there would be a difference in the same version? A bad download, maybe?

Last edited by jdobbs; 20th March 2019 at 01:22.
Old 20th March 2019, 01:31   #28436  |  Link
DrinkLyeAndDie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
I've been using v2053 for some time now. But it is dated 5/21/2017. It doesn't sound right that there would be a difference in the same version???? A bad download, maybe?
I definitely agree that it is odd. DG does "slipstream" in changes and there have been a number since February 23rd. You can find the changes here: http://rationalqm.us/board/viewtopic...=463&start=150. Slipstream 170-172 are the new changes; the last 3 posts.

With the above said, all backups were failing with the latest version, slipstream 172. All. I was beginning to get extremely concerned. I dropped back to the older release, sleepstream 169, and I have one successful backup completed and a second 75% completed. Once the current backup finishes I am going to move to the new version again with the download I previously used to see if the failures return. I'll then test with a new download of the same version.

I'll report back my results.

Last edited by DrinkLyeAndDie; 20th March 2019 at 01:43.
Old 20th March 2019, 01:49   #28437  |  Link
DrinkLyeAndDie

Ugh. DG moved the binaries. He changed the location of the x86 binaries to a sub directory so BD-RB was pointing to the wrong location. If I correct the path to the DGDecNV files I bet the problem will miraculously go away.

EDIT: I corrected the path in BDREBUILDER.INI to point to the files in the new sub directory that DG moved the dgdecnv EXE and DLL to. The failure still occurred. So, I moved them to the base directory like they used to be and then set the paths again in BDREBUILDER.INI. Now things are working. Problem solved.

Last edited by DrinkLyeAndDie; 20th March 2019 at 02:17.
Old 23rd March 2019, 05:38   #28438  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkLyeAndDie View Post
Ugh. DG moved the binaries. He changed the location of the x86 binaries to a sub directory so BD-RB was pointing to the wrong location. If I correct the path to the DGDecNV files I bet the problem will miraculously go away.

EDIT: I corrected the path in BDREBUILDER.INI to point to the files in the new sub directory that DG moved the dgdecnv EXE and DLL to. The failure still occurred. So, I moved them to the base directory like they used to be and then set the paths again in BDREBUILDER.INI. Now things are working. Problem solved.
What do you mean DG moved the files? You're the one that copies them into place, as I did, and you're the one that picks the BD-RB location from Settings/Edits the prefs. Do you mean Donald Graft performed a magic(miracle) act on your Windows install you don't understand?

Last edited by AmigaFuture; 24th March 2019 at 23:47.
AmigaFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2019, 13:07   #28439  |  Link
gonca

Quote:
What do you mean DG moved the files? You're the one that copies them into place, as I did, and you're the one that picks the BD-RB location from Settings/Edits the prefs. Do you mean Donald Graft preformed a magic(miracle) act on your Windows install you don't understand?
Do you mean performed by any chance?
gonca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2019, 10:28   #28440  |  Link
MrVideo

BDRB Failed to Find All the Videos on a DVD - again

BDRB failed to find 6 videos on a DVD.

Here is an image showing what BDRB saw and what VRD saw.

No idea why BDRB is not seeing them.

UPDATE: BDRB missed displaying a file for selection on S1-D5. It displayed the first one in the title, but failed to display the 2nd.

Last edited by MrVideo; 27th March 2019 at 06:54.