Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11th January 2016, 14:47   #35121  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksoid1978 View Post
I do full reinstall LAV.
libmfxsw32.dll/libmfxsw64.dll is present.
In MPC-BE remove all LAV entries and add LAV Souce/LAV Video Decoder again. Don't help - don't accept MEDIASUBTYPE_MVC1(it's present in PinInfo but active is MEDIASUBTYPE_AVC1).
If everything is setup properly, there is only two reasons why LAV Video would refuse MEDIASUBTYPE_MVC1

(1) The Intel MediaSDK decoder cannot be loaded for some reason (I doubt it works on XP, for example)
(2) The MVC1 media type signals an incompatible stream or is otherwise damaged

LAV Source doesn't verify case (2), it just sends the data that is contained in the MKV file, so its possible that there is something in there the decoder doesn't like.
Old 11th January 2016, 15:07   #35122  |  Link
sheppaul

I've just tried with MPC-BE. It works as expected without any problems. 3D MKV file is created using MakeMKV though.
sheppaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2016, 15:20   #35123  |  Link
chros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset1982 View Post
What are the keyboard shortcuts for madvr's 3dlut splittscreen?
CTRL+SHIFT+ALT+3 (I think).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset1982 View Post
Is there an overview for all madvr keyboard shortcuts?
There's a keyboard shortcut section on the left part of the config interface of madvr.
Old 11th January 2016, 15:25   #35124  |  Link
clsid

If you are using CUVID you should switch to DXVA2 Copy-Back. Nvidia drivers are broken on Win10 when multiple things use openCL.
Old 11th January 2016, 15:28   #35125  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
nevcairiel
Maybe you do debug build for testing ??
Here is a debug version, it should leave a log on your desktop:
http://files.1f0.de/lavf/LAVFilters-0.67-57-debug.zip
Old 11th January 2016, 16:03   #35126  |  Link
huhn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiandow View Post
Keep in mind that sub-sampling has a tendency to diminish colours, especially with small letters such as in that image. The sharp and placebo methods might be overcorrecting it a bit, but the soft method might not be strong enough.
i totally understand that a small line that is subsampled get's dimmer but not a huge solid latter. no other resizer does this. the soft looks like every other resizer on huge solid latter.

your biliteral resizer doesn't do things like that.
huhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2016, 16:07   #35127  |  Link
Razoola

I have a couple of questions related to the New 3D support.

You mention ' Make sure your OS has 3D enabled in the control panel'. By this are you talking about simply having 3D vision enabled in the NVidia control panel or something else?

Also is there any way 3D support will be added for windows 7?
Razoola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2016, 16:17   #35128  |  Link
Balthazar2k4

Quote:
I do full reinstall LAV.
libmfxsw32.dll/libmfxsw64.dll is present.
In MPC-BE remove all LAV entries and add LAV Souce/LAV Video Decoder again. Don't help - don't accept MEDIASUBTYPE_MVC1(it's present in PinInfo but active is MEDIASUBTYPE_AVC1).
I have the exact same problem. On my Nvidia based rig it will not pickup the MVC and only plays the AVC content. On my Intel GPU machine it plays the same MVC content (albeit with some stuttering, but it is a Haswell NUC so that could be the issue). Seems to be an Nvidia issue somehow.
Balthazar2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2016, 16:18   #35129  |  Link
huhn

newer operation systems have an option like this: http://abload.de/img/3doptionx4sj5.png
huhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2016, 18:54   #35130  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwartz View Post
I've had this weird thing happen where in the middle of a movie, it suddenly froze up for several seconds while the seek bar indicator kept moving. Then it stuttered a little bit as though I was watching something trying to stream and not getting enough bandwidth. Then the movie caught up to the audio in a time lapse. Look at the queue.

Edit: Happened again in an old MPEG4. I don't think this is decoder or video related.

h264 movie, madVR 0.90 x64, MPC-HC x64, internal LAV 0.66
That does look pretty weird. Is that a new problem with v0.90.0? Maybe a debug log could help. It would have to capture the problem, though. Not sure if can create such a debug log because the log tends to get very big very fast. So if you can't reliably reproduce the problem, it's going to be hard to capture it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnLai View Post
I can't select DXVA option for "Image Upscaling" section with v0.90.0
Oooops. That's a bug, sorry. I'll fix that for the next build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MS-DOS View Post
0.9 reintroduced an old'ish bug with playback freezing on D3D11 ( 1 2 ).
Can you double check with v0.89.19 to make sure it's really only occurring with v0.90.0, but not with v0.89.19?

Quote:
Originally Posted by huhn View Post
found the first major issue with soft:
here are some screens. the issue is most obvious at the D.

soft: http://abload.de/img/softrdgtmswp.png
bilinear: http://abload.de/img/bilinearrdg24sfi.png
bilateral:http://abload.de/img/bilateralrdgf9sca.png
sharp: http://abload.de/img/sharprdgyes45.png
sharp AR: http://abload.de/img/sharparrdgn4ssg.png
Can I have a sample that shows this problem, please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistahBonzai View Post
To those running the v0.90 update with MPC-HC x64. Please check that the MadVR refinement settings (like sharpen and such) appear on the screen upon selection. Mine only display their effects after selecting OK and continuing with the video. Upon rechecking I see that this glitch also occurs in my MadVR x86. It seems to be connected to the v0.90 upgrade - at least this is when it first occured for me. MPC-BE/MadVR v0.90 works fine. If someone joins me here I'll provide specifics. As it is I'm running Win 7 64-bit/sp1, HD 7850 (15.7.1) and all the latest related plug-ins from the nightlies.
Seems to work fine on my PC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ver Greeneyes View Post
Thanks for the explanation. Man, that makes it hard to choose though :P I wish there was a way to augment NNEDI3 for chroma to be the best of both worlds - some sort of local structural similarity comparison between chroma and luma to see if bilateral/reconstruction will be effective *handwaves furiously*.
I don't think it's possible to use NNEDI3 that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryrynz View Post
Madshi, I think you might need to update your visual comparison graph for Reconstruction, all options for it are identical to Bilateral.
Oh well, which values to use if the quality so greatly depends on the video sample? Maybe I should remove those graphs altogether...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chros View Post
Probably you remember that I had/have huge performance difference using D3D9 FSE Old Path on my laptop. I managed to screw up things in the last 2-3 weeks and it works only with 32bit player (luckily found out) and filters now but not with x64 chain!!!
So maybe this is the perfect occasion to figure it out what is going on since I can replicate both now.

What I did in the past 2-3 weeks (I wanted to try out 4:4:4 output on my system but I didn't manage to do it ):
- uninstalling/installing intel graphic driver and Management Engine as well (it responsible for HDMI handshake if I understand it correctly)
- upgrading nvidia driver to 361.xx
- updating players, filters
Now I tried to "revert" everything to the state that it was before., you can see it in my signature.

What I tried is using different versions of MPC-HC , madvr , lavfilters (external) but nothing helped.

I have created logs with madvr, but all I can see it in them that it using the igsimsum*.dll -s successfully. I checked them in:
- c:\windows\system32 and c:\windows\system32\NV
- c:\windows\wow*\ and c:\windows\wow*\NV (I forgot the full path for that)
but the correct version are there for both 32 and 64 bit.

So, how the heck can I debug it what's the bottleneck?

MadVR x32 and x64 logs (~ 20 sec playback): http://www1.zippyshare.com/v/YdKiA4Zc/file.html

This is the stat of nvidia inspector (GPU-Z provides the same results) http://www.imagebam.com/image/6c7fde458360826
Rows are from top to bottom: GPU usage, VPU usage, memory, GPU Clock, memory clock, sahders (zero all the time), GPU voltage. x64 chain is on the left and x32 is on the right.
I don't remember any details. I'm not sure I fully understand your post. Are you saying you have the problem only in 32bit now but not in 64bit? Or are you saying that 64bit doesn't work at all, anymore, now? I'm not really sure. In any case, an Optimus laptop behaving strangely is not really new. If you find a way to make it work well enough for you, then maybe it doesn't make too much sense spending hours on trying to figure out why it sometimes behaves strangely?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nullack View Post
Hi Madshi. Thankyou for the new 0.9 version some really fantastic features there. I've done some testing on it. I can say for sure, my system Win 10 x64 with all the latest updates (thats threshold 2+ with win10 now being a service not a SP release method) and my GTX 960 2GB with my UHD display, Im still crashing MPC-BE with the tick box enabled for enable stereoscopic mode even when Im still in a 2D desktop but just have the tickbox enabled. Thats the same as before when I reported it in my old UHD madvr thread. The workaround is the same as what it was before too - users can simply disable that mode and all 2D content plays fine. Im on NVIDIAs latest prod drivers being revision 361.43. If I can provide any help with further diagnostic information just ask, thanks.
Well, I'm not sure why it crashes. On my PC I could reproduce crashes when using D3D11 presentation with 3D enabled, when using v0.89.19, and it no longer crashes in v0.90.0 on my PC. But the crash was always in an NVidia driver DLL. It's not really that I fixed a bug or something, just some refresh rate related changes seem to have worked around the crash on my PC. If it still crashes for you, I've no idea what to do about it. It's most probably NVidia's bug and only they might be able to properly fix it, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nullack View Post
EDIT: Auto FSE in D11 results in MPC-BE crashes with 3d stereoscopic nvidia on. Auto FSE in D9 mode results in MPC-BE playing audio OK, but the video is all just a blank screen with 3d stereoscopic nvidia on.
D3D9 always worked for fine me, no blank screen and no crashes, with either v0.89.19 or v0.90.0.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MokrySedeS View Post
madshi, I think there's a deinterlacing regression in the latest version.

http://i.imgur.com/ePy3ry0.png

Here's a sample: http://www39.zippyshare.com/v/x6jBv8gv/file.html
It's an interlaced ProRes file.
With 0.89.19 I get lots of repeated frames but at least it looks ok.
Hmmmm... I just get a black screen here. But it works with v0.89.19, so there must be something wrong. Will have a look...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainyDog View Post
No, not at all I’m a big fan of HQ sharpening and actually use it all the time, not just to sharpen upscaling softening. These new sharpeners are my favourite addition to madVR in ages.

I prefer sharpening to have a noticeable, pronounced effect and personally think it can subjectively enhance good quality content tenfold. Currently really happy with the combination of Sharpen Edges at 1.4, Thin Edges at 0.6 and Enhance Detail at the default 1.0.

With the test pattern observations, was just pointing out how it lays bare each sharpeners flaws and what areas they generally target on the make up of an image. Agree that it’s not the best way to assess whether you like what they do or judge which one you prefer though. Always fall back on actual viewing content for deciding that and tweaking and tuning.
Glad to hear that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainyDog View Post
In fact, Image Enhancement and Upscaling Refinement shortcut toggles would be handy if you wouldn’t mind sometime please
Just all enhancements on/off? Or per algorithm or something? Neither is something I can implement in 5 minutes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balthazar2k4 View Post
I have the exact same problem. On my Nvidia based rig it will not pickup the MVC and only plays the AVC content. On my Intel GPU machine it plays the same MVC content (albeit with some stuttering, but it is a Haswell NUC so that could be the issue). Seems to be an Nvidia issue somehow.
Then please use the debug build nevcairiel linked to a few posts back, create a log file and upload it somewhere for nevcairiel to look at.
madshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2016, 19:04   #35131  |  Link
GCRaistlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
That's not my fault. I'm switching refresh rates based on the framerate information the decoder provides to me. If that isn't correct, then that's the decoder's fault, not mine.
I've reported the issue in LAV Video, and nevcairiel fixed it, at least he said he did; but for me, there's no change in latest LAV+madVR+ReClock behavior for PAL video if it slowed down by ReClock and its framerate is doubled by YADIF: madVR still switches the display to 24 Hz (though ReClock does see that video stream is 50 fps).
With ffdshow, madVR behaves the same way if "automatically activate deinterlacing when needed" is disabled; if it is enabled (default) madVR switches the display to 50 Hz regardless of ffdshow's "Double framerate" option state.

Quote:
It's not as simple as that. YADIF is a video mode deinterlacer. Forced film mode in madVR is a pure IVTC algorithm, which only works properly with fully telecined sources.
A telecine source is always NTSC, therefore it's incorrect to force film mode in madVR for PALs, right? How to explain the comparison result then?

Quote:
For telecined sources, usually madVR's forced film mode is the best deinterlacer out of those 3
Which 3? YADIF, madVR's forced film mode and DXVA deinterlacing (= madVR's auto mode)?

(Thanks for your patience)

Magically yours
Raistlin
GCRaistlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2016, 19:18   #35132  |  Link
Asmodian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCRaistlin View Post
A telecine source is always NTSC, therefore it's incorrect to force film mode in madVR for PALs, right?
madVR's film mode does any sort of field matching and duplication deletion, not purely NTSC 3:2 telecine. It can also decimate duplicates in progressive streams.

Shouldn't 24fps video doubled by yadiff be 48fps? Why are you getting 50?
Old 11th January 2016, 19:43   #35133  |  Link
NanoBot

Hi,

Quote:
* added support for 3D frame packed playback via HDMI 1.4+ (requires win8.1+)
could anybody please explain why this feature needs Win 8.1 or higher ?

Thx in advance, NanoBot
NanoBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2016, 19:46   #35134  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanoBot View Post
could anybody please explain why this feature needs Win 8.1 or higher ?
Because it uses D3D11 to support 3D output on all GPUs, a feature which is only available in Windows 8 or newer.
Old 11th January 2016, 19:56   #35135  |  Link
iakoboss7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwartz View Post
I've had this weird thing happen where in the middle of a movie, it suddenly froze up for several seconds while the seek bar indicator kept moving. Then it stuttered a little bit as though I was watching something trying to stream and not getting enough bandwidth. Then the movie caught up to the audio in a time lapse. Look at the queue.

Edit: Happened again in an old MPEG4. I don't think this is decoder or video related.

h264 movie, madVR 0.90 x64, MPC-HC x64, internal LAV 0.66

i can confrim this also. it happened right after i updated.

also this happens all the time

Quote:
Originally Posted by MS-DOS View Post
Yes. MPC-HC's window needs to be fully covered by another window or minimized, then it freezes after ~30 seconds being like that. Sometimes it doesn't appear frozen after getting back to\unminimizing it and instead very quickly shows all the frames it supposed to show while being stuck, OSD reports 900+ dropped frames and the playback continues. Pretty weird. I PM'd you a freeze report.
thanks for your amazing work!!
iakoboss7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2016, 20:16   #35136  |  Link
NanoBot

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevcairiel View Post
Because it uses D3D11 to support 3D output on all GPUs, a feature which is only available in Windows 8 or newer.
Thanks for the information.

To clarify that, if I understand it correctly, the new feature uses / needs DirectX 11.2, which in fact is only available with Windows 8.1 or Windows 10.

Thx, NanoBot
NanoBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2016, 20:19   #35137  |  Link
GCRaistlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmodian View Post
Shouldn't 24fps video doubled by yadiff be 48fps? Why are you getting 50?
I believe that YADIF doubles the source framerate (25 fps) first, doesn't it?

Magically yours
Raistlin
Old 11th January 2016, 20:55   #35138  |  Link
Asmodian

Ah, so madVR sees a 25 fps source and thinks Reclock will slow it to 24 fps but LAV doubles the frame rate so Reclock leaves it alone. madVR sets the refresh rate to 24Hz but then has 50 fps video to play?
Old 11th January 2016, 21:10   #35139  |  Link
fairchild

Thanks for the latest version of MadVR! I guess now I have a reason to upgrade from Windows7? I guess I am forced to get Win10 or Win8 if I want to use MadVR for 3d blurays when they are supported? I guess it's not that big a deal for me as I have a standalone bluray player.
Old 11th January 2016, 21:30   #35140  |  Link
GCRaistlin

Asmodian
I think ReClock slows the source down to 48 fps. At least it wants me to set the display to 48 Hz.

Magically yours
Raistlin

Tags
direct compute, dithering, error diffusion, madvr, ngu, nnedi3, quality, renderer, scaling, uhd upscaling, upsampling