Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 24th March 2019, 23:47   #28441  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonca View Post
Do you mean performed by any chance?
Nice notice, by opportunity! Appreciate it.

Last edited by AmigaFuture; 24th March 2019 at 23:55.
AmigaFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2019, 04:17   #28442  |  Link
Blurayhd

Hi guys I have to convert UHD to FULL HD a movie and I have no idea what number put just right there where arrow is? I mean, for get the best quality possible what number I have to set in CRF?

Thank you in advance!!

Last edited by Blurayhd; 27th March 2019 at 05:35.
Blurayhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2019, 06:31   #28443  |  Link
MrVideo

DVD to MKV files failure

OK, on another DVD, of the same 90210 S1, I told BDRB to import two of the special feature files. It did, in that the Stream directory has the two files. But, when I import the current project into the Batch queue, it only converted the 2nd M2TS file into a MKV. The first file was ignored, not even mentioned in the log.

When I re-did it, only selecting the first file that it wouldn't do, it did it.

Last edited by MrVideo; 27th March 2019 at 06:43.
MrVideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2019, 11:27   #28444  |  Link
sneaker_ger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blurayhd View Post
Hi guys I have to convert UHD to FULL HD a movie and I have no idea what number put just right there where arrow is? I mean, for get the best quality possible what number I have to set in CRF?
18 is high quality.
Basically,
low crf = high quality, big file size
high crf = low quality, small file size

If you go too low the file becomes bigger than the source file so you have to find a compromise. No one can tell you what you would like because it's subjective. You have to experiment a bit.
sneaker_ger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2019, 12:49   #28445  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:

Thank you in advance!!
A CRF of 23 is X264's default and is a good compromise between size and quality. A value of 16 is pretty close to a lossless encode, but creates a huge file size. Anything below that is massive overkill. I'd recommend keeping it at 23, but if you are really worried about quality, try something a bit lower.
Old 27th March 2019, 17:19   #28446  |  Link
Blurayhd

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
A CRF of 23 is X264's default and is a good compromise between size and quality. A value of 16 is pretty close to a lossless encode, but creates a huge file size. Anything below that is massive overkill. I'd recommend keeping it at 23, but if you are really worried about quality, try something a bit lower.
Hi Jdobbs and yes I´m talking about quality I mean, the idea is to get approximately the same quality that you got with you have the full bluray BD50, if I have the UHD from some movie so far I understand it I can convert to Full hd but keeping the quality of BD50 ?

What is exactly, dear Jjdobbs of CRF number to obtain, I dont know, 48gb is the normal size of a BD50?

i really hope you can understand it because English is not my first language

Thank you in advance!!
Old 27th March 2019, 17:24   #28447  |  Link
Blurayhd

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaker_ger View Post
18 is high quality.
Basically,
low crf = high quality, big file size
high crf = low quality, small file size

If you go too low the file becomes bigger than the source file so you have to find a compromise. No one can tell you what you would like because it's subjective. You have to experiment a bit.
Yes I tried it with a very low crf and I get a120gb larger file

Like I said to Jdobbs the idea is to encode UHD to Full hd but the result file keep the BD50 quality and fit on a 48gb file

ps: as an example, think just like this, we have an UHD file that we need to encode to Fullhd but keeping the quality and the file size have to br 46/48gb (a BD50 disc)

You know what I mean?

Excuse me my English I try to do my best
Old 27th March 2019, 17:25   #28448  |  Link
sneaker_ger

If you want to hit a certain target size .. select "Two Pass Target Size (MB)" and enter the size you want. Not CRF.
Old 27th March 2019, 17:41   #28449  |  Link
Blurayhd

Quote:
If you want to hit a certain target size .. select "Two Pass Target Size (MB)" and enter the size you want. Not CRF.
Thank you for that speaking about CRF I forget about that option but, as I always use BD rebuilder with CRF option and I love the quality I preffer to keep using this crf option dear Sneaker because maybe I get a lite bigger file size but that file I´ll can convert again with BD rebuilder this time to fit an BD25 is that correct?

I mean, maybe no matters if the file size is 48 or 80gb, Bd rebuilder can convert this file to a BD25 keeping the amazing quality is that correct?

ps: if you all have to convert UHD to Full hd using CRF what number you put there?
Old 27th March 2019, 18:13   #28450  |  Link
sneaker_ger

You are confusing me. What is your goal? Why are you doing this? Are you targeting HDD, BD25 or BD50?
Old 27th March 2019, 20:19   #28451  |  Link
Blurayhd

Quote:
You are confusing me. What is your goal? Why are you doing this? Are you targeting HDD, BD25 or BD50?
Thank you for tell me that,

1) I have a movie that is in UHD

2) as my tv led doesnt play UHD, just Full hd (I love it) I want to convert this movie to Full hd

3)As Always do I want to set Bd rebuilder for do that job but I want to get the best quality just like any BD50

4) for that I just like to know what number put in CRF option?
Old 27th March 2019, 21:28   #28452  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonca View Post
Do you mean performed by any chance?
Heh... Who the hell do you think you are, Mr. Video??!
Lathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2019, 10:27   #28453  |  Link
musiclover

Quote:
Thank you for tell me that,

1) I have a movie that is in UHD

2) as my tv led doesnt play UHD, just Full hd (I love it) I want to convert this movie to Full hd

3)As Always do I want to set Bd rebuilder for do that job but I want to get the best quality just like any BD50

4) for that I just like to know what number put in CRF option?
If your end goal is to make a BD25 why not skip all the in betweens and start directly making a BD25 with BD-Rebuilder? BD-Rebuilder will give you the best quality that will fit on a BD25 disc. All your steps in between only make the quality worse.
musiclover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2019, 19:30   #28454  |  Link
Blurayhd

Quote:
Originally Posted by musiclover View Post
If your end goal is to make a BD25 why not skip all the in betweens and start directly making a BD25 with BD-Rebuilder? BD-Rebuilder will give you the best quality that will fit on a BD25 disc. All your steps in between only make the quality worse.
Thank you again Musiclover and you right and that is the best option but I just dont know how to do that? I mean, if you dont mind of course what are the steps? I have to import the MKV file that contains the uhd with audio files and subtitles?

If you dont mind could you tell me the steps?

have anice day!!
Old 28th March 2019, 22:41   #28455  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathe View Post
Heh... Who the hell do you think you are, Mr. Video??!
Ya, I got beaten to the punch (not beaten to a pulp ).
Old 29th March 2019, 11:05   #28456  |  Link
musiclover

Quote:
Thank you again Musiclover and you right and that is the best option but I just dont know how to do that? I mean, if you dont mind of course what are the steps? I have to import the MKV file that contains the uhd with audio files and subtitles?

If you dont mind could you tell me the steps?

have anice day!!
1. Import the video file
2. Set mode to full backup
3. Set encoder to high quality or highest quality
4. Set target size to bd-25
5. Click the backup button

Last edited by musiclover; 29th March 2019 at 17:56.
musiclover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2019, 22:34   #28457  |  Link
MrVideo

Enhancement

I'm not sure if I've requested this or not, so I'll just do it, just in case I hadn't.

Allow for more characters in a menu item.

I've run into some show episode titles that are too long. And yet there is plenty of room on the screen, I only ever do a single column. Maybe a hidden menu option:
Code:
MENU_NUMBER_COLUMS=0    Max number menu item colums: 0=as needed (default). Setting to 1 will allow for more characters in the menu item. The more columns allowed, the less numbers of characters per menu item.
Old 6th April 2019, 04:27   #28458  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVideo View Post
Ya, I got beaten to the punch (not beaten to a pulp ).
Well, the night is still young...
Lathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2019, 15:30   #28459  |  Link
worknstiff

I was just wondering if it's my system or has anyone else been having problems down-converting TrueHD 7.1 (ATMOS) audio to DD 640K? The last couple of Blu's (Aquaman, Fantastic Beasts Grindelwald) have down-converted ok EXCEPT it ended up with 448K, NOT 640K even with all the audio switches unchecked. Perhaps I just need to reinstall everything if I'm the only one with this problem. Thanks
worknstiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2019, 21:36   #28460  |  Link
gonca

@worknstiff
Re Aquaman movie
448K is the core bit rate of the THD track, maybe the core is being extracted and the audio is not being converted
gonca is offline   Reply With Quote