Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11th November 2009, 22:33   #5941  |  Link
atcjpn
IED Buster

Vista problem

Was working great till I installed win 7 then went back to vista, now getting "component 'mscomctl.ocx' missing or invalid. never had trouble before. any ideas?
atcjpn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2009, 00:56   #5942  |  Link
GaPony

It sounds more like a setup problem on your BD300 or the input setting of your reciever for the BD300, if you're using a receiver. If it sounds good on one of those two devices, it stands to reason the disc itself is ok..
GaPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2009, 02:24   #5943  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
Originally Posted by atcjpn View Post
Was working great till I installed win 7 then went back to vista, now getting "component 'mscomctl.ocx' missing or invalid. never had trouble before. any ideas?
That file, MSCOMCTL.OCX, is located within the zip file and is part of the BD-RB package. Make sure it is inside the unzipped folder. Also, I remember reading somewhere that you may not want to place the BD-RB folder in the Programs folder with Vista, but perhaps just on the desktop, or keep the paths short, like C:\BD-RBV03101.
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2009, 02:40   #5944  |  Link
MickJT

Quote:
Originally Posted by atcjpn View Post
Run BD-Rebuilder as an Administrator, just once.
Old 12th November 2009, 05:20   #5945  |  Link
Duppie

Very Long Movies

Hi There,

Have you guys backed up very long movies like "King Kong" and "Dark Knight" which is over 3 Hours. Is it worth doing this? Is the quality still acceptable in terms of Blu-Ray standards? For these long movies do you stick to 1080P or down convert to 720P?

Thanks
Duppie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2009, 05:44   #5946  |  Link
GaPony

I've done both movies as Movie Only with AC3 audio to BD9 (1080p) and they look as good as the original. I don't think I'd try it to a BD5 disc though...

This really doesn't have anything to do with bug reporting..
GaPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2009, 05:50   #5947  |  Link
Duppie

Thanks GaPony,

Sorry, my mistake. I actually wanted to post it in the BD Rebuilder threat and slipped.
Duppie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2009, 09:18   #5948  |  Link
skylab1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickJT View Post
skylab1, just want to poke my head in, and say I have the EXACT same problem you have.

I'm not sure whether simply demuxing the vc1 video from the .m2ts first, then having the .avs use that instead would work. I have to experiment. In any case, as soon as you press "Backup", the .avs files are replaced with new ones, so without some trickery, it'd have to be done in an update of BD-Rebuilder.

Sorry if it's all been tried before. I only just started looking in this thread yesterday. I'd like to try out DVDFab but apparently that can't do the whole disc with menus yet (if re-encoding/shrinking).
MickJT:

demuxing would not work I've tried that, beside Amadeus is too big to fit in BD25 without recode to a smaller size. For movie that is VC1 encoded and the main m2ts is less then 23GB you can build the BD folder with BD-rebuilder or multiAVCHD, as long as you don't recode to a smaller file size you are fine.

I haven't have time to reinstall the WMP12 yet, may be in the weekend.
skylab1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2009, 23:17   #5949  |  Link
Bullet1979

Was the option to blank videos taken out in the later/latest versions? I seem to remember you used to be able to right-click on a stream and a context menu would appear with various options (blank/watch/etc.). The blank option was never selectable but it seems that functionality is not there now and was just wondering if it was taken out or if it's an issue on my end...
Bullet1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2009, 01:51   #5950  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet1979 View Post
Was the option to blank videos taken out in the later/latest versions? I seem to remember you used to be able to right-click on a stream and a context menu would appear with various options (blank/watch/etc.). The blank option was never selectable but it seems that functionality is not there now and was just wondering if it was taken out or if it's an issue on my end...
It was disabled until the features are available. It just confuses people and was never supposed to show until it was completd.
Old 13th November 2009, 02:49   #5951  |  Link
atcjpn
IED Buster

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickJT View Post
Run BD-Rebuilder as an Administrator, just once.
your fix worked perfectly, thank you
atcjpn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2009, 04:32   #5952  |  Link
ChldsPlay

Hello, I'm trying to shrink Big Trouble in Little China and the program runs fine through phase one and creates all the necessary files, but when Phase Two starts I get this error:

11/07/09 [02:29:23] CopyDirStructure() 00076 1200

In the target folder there is a sort of loop that occurs where inside the BDMV folders is another folder with the target folders name and inside that is a folder with the disc name, and inside that the target folder and so on and so forth.
I tried taking the created *.m2ts files and *.clpi files, etc. and replacing them into the original files and it worked except for some reason it played the first chapter 5 times in a row, or on my PS3 kept a still image until the 6th chapter was supposed to start and began from there. Ultimately it caused the last 10 min. or so to be cut off during playback.

Now I've also done G.I. Joe and it seemed to work fine and works fine with PowerDVD, but on my PS3 is stuck at the beginning with a black screen.
ChldsPlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2009, 10:32   #5953  |  Link
MickJT

SOLUTION to Windows 7 (32 and 64bit) VC-1 video with AviSynth

1) Install ffdshow rev3124_20091103_clsid both generic and x64 builds consecutively.

Load up the ffdshow directshow video config utility for both 32bit and 64bit, and select "libavcodec" for VC-1. It is disabled by default. If you can't find it, it is underneath the "WMV" codecs in the list.

Download from http://www.codecguide.com/windows7_p...er_tweaker.htm and run Win7DSFilterTweaker (make sure you have done the above step first).

ffdshow should now be an option for VC-1 in both 32bit and 64bit sections. Select them.

Reboot the computer.

It should now work in AviSynth.
These steps also of course, stop ffms2.dll from being used.

Last edited by MickJT; 15th November 2009 at 10:23. Reason: Typo
Old 13th November 2009, 10:42   #5954  |  Link
Category 5

did Brothers Bloom to BD25 movie only twice and get a output file that is 7.29GB and looks pretty bad. What could be causing this one?
Category 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2009, 17:28   #5955  |  Link
mikeq
Hidef Junkie

.31.01 size problem

I'm downsizing a BluRay that has 4 very small (~12K) m2ts files.... I set the minimum m2ts size to anything (I've tried 1, 100, 200) and BD-Rebuilder wants to rebuild these small files even though they're under the minm2ts size.... When I set it to 3000 (to just rebuild the largest, then it doesn't try to rebuild the small ones). I'm rebuilding from a 50G to a 25G (actually using a 23800 target size, since the default size seems to undersize a fair bit).

The menu also doesn't work if the rebuild of these small files happens.... (This is the WG SW1 BluRay - a fan BluRay)....

BTW - I currently resize everything to 720p, then replace the clpi and m2ts and playlist of the main movie with the original, and run a 2nd time to make the main movie 1080p (the 2nd time, I set the minm2ts size large enough to just redo the main movie) - it would be great if you'd add leaving the main movie 1080p as an option!
mikeq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2009, 19:53   #5956  |  Link
setarip_old

Hi!
Quote:
This is the WG SW1 BluRay - a fan BluRay
If this means that your source material is somethig other than a purchased, commercial BluRay disc, you should not be posting about it at the Doom9 Forums, for at least two reasons...
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2009, 20:50   #5957  |  Link
drmih

I think he's probably referring to the Star Wars set created from the German and UK HDTV transmissions with the DTS dvd audio.
I have got to say that my only concern would be that the mastering process may not be compliant and hence a bit of a red-herring bugwise. I actually admire these fans who go to ridiculous lengths to provide something that isn't available as you know that the people producing them, and probably downloading them, have purchased several versions over the years and coughed up each time Mr Lucas needed an injection of cash.
drmih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2009, 00:19   #5958  |  Link
mikeq
Hidef Junkie

It's true - it might not be compliant since it's not an original mastered BluRay from a studio, but the problem seems so obviously wierd I thought I'd bring it up.... However, it does play using normal computer software and in my Sony BluRay player, so it can't be too wierd. And it seems like a size filter is pretty straightforward, unless there's some odd linkage with another m2ts that is being resized forcing one of these small guys to be resized....
Old 14th November 2009, 03:41   #5959  |  Link
setarip_old

@mikeq

As I mentioned before, there are TWO reasons you shouldn't be posting about this source material at the Doom9 Forums - one has to do with an inviolate "thou shalt not" rule "jdobbs" has established for the BD-RB subforum and the other has to do with a similar but stronger "thou shalt not" rule estabished by "Doom9" for all of the Doom9 forums and sub-forums...
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2009, 06:59   #5960  |  Link
mikeq
Hidef Junkie

Fine - jdobbs can ignore the post, or the moderators can censure me. I've contributed a few time to jdobbs over the years, so I don't feel too bad mentioning something that might be slightly off from what he normally wants (he's certainly free to not look at it), and I certainly own enough copies of this "copyrighted" material (2 versions of laserdiscs and all of the DVDs, as well as Hidef video captures on my DVR [at least as HiDef as Dish Network gives you]). If I could purchase BluRays, I'd do it in a heartbeat.