Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 30th March 2010, 21:56   #7501  |  Link
colinhunt

I'm really looking forward to testing BD-RB with a newer FFDshow and the latest x264 with NAL-HRD. I'll be checking the first post daily
colinhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2010, 22:42   #7502  |  Link
gerald410

Quote:
Originally Posted by colinhunt View Post
I'm really looking forward to testing BD-RB with a newer FFDshow and the latest x264 with NAL-HRD. I'll be checking the first post daily
I just finished my 3rd movie only backup using the latest FFDshow and Jeeb's x264 with NAL-HRD. will have to wait till I get home to see the results. The first 2 were fine.
gerald410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2010, 23:30   #7503  |  Link
Adub
Fighting spam with a fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
I assume you're the same Adub that made the video here? Pretty cool.
Ah! Sorry I was so late to respond. Didn't see your post.

Yes, that's me! I'm slowly accumulating all of my knowledge into one place.
Old 31st March 2010, 01:46   #7504  |  Link
Capsbackup

I have just had another full backup to BD9 that will not play the main audio track, a DD 5.1 640kbps AC3, nor can the subtitles be selected nor are they displayed.
The title is Twilight, and though the movie works fine when playing back on PowerDVD 7.3 and TMT3, including all audio and subtitles, it does not play the audio on either of my Sony's, S360 or BX1.
This is not a Universal title either!
Interesting that when playing back on the Sony S360, if I select display, it does not even show there is an audio track, only 1080P, 24fps.
It would be great if there were DVD+R DL RW discs available to test with!
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2010, 01:54   #7505  |  Link
DK

Did two movie only encodes with latest x264 r1510 and they run fine on a Samsung 1600 with strict AVCHD setting.
DK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2010, 04:30   #7506  |  Link
ftb32

Adub, great video, and tutorial..
ftb32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2010, 19:47   #7507  |  Link
colinhunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerald410 View Post
I just finished my 3rd movie only backup using the latest FFDshow and Jeeb's x264 with NAL-HRD. will have to wait till I get home to see the results. The first 2 were fine.
Good to know... but I think I'll wait for jdobbs' official approval
colinhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2010, 20:15   #7508  |  Link
gerald410

Quote:
Originally Posted by colinhunt View Post
Good to know... but I think I'll wait for jdobbs' official approval
Nothing wrong with that approach
gerald410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2010, 20:36   #7509  |  Link
Skidmark

Up in the Air doesn't work properly for me. All the other movies I've done work fine. Same results with 32.05 and 32.08.

BD-RB shows that it completes properly, but when playing, everything after around the 53 min mark is a single picture frame. Frozen frame with 32.05 and 32.08 at the same point in the movie. Audio works perfectly throughout the entire video. When playing the video, dragging the slider to any point after the freeze point shows the same frame, and dragging it to before the 53 min mark makes the movie play properly. Any ideas?
Skidmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2010, 21:30   #7510  |  Link
setarip_old

@Skidmark

Hi!

Sounds like a bad "rip". Clean your original BluRay disc and try again...
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2010, 22:03   #7511  |  Link
Skidmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by setarip_old View Post
@Skidmark

Hi!

Sounds like a bad "rip". Clean your original BluRay disc and try again...
Interesting thought - I still have the original source on my HDD and went back to the spot where it freezes on the recode...there's a tiny glitch right at that time where it looks like the pixels shift a tiny bit for just an eighth of a second or so, but it does continue to play properly.
Skidmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2010, 02:11   #7512  |  Link
setarip_old

@Skidmark
Quote:
I still have the original source on my HDD
No, the ORIGINAL source would be your commercial BluRay disc - and that's what you should re-"rip"...
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2010, 03:03   #7513  |  Link
saphire199

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
Hmmm... I'll do some testing -- but when I tested it right after implementing it, it took only a few minutes. Any chance your disc is getting close to full? That could make a huge difference.
OK, I found the problem - it's an external drive connected by fire wire. This works fine for BDRB and comes in handy when I have several movies to do and don't know when I will be able to get to making iso image for watching. But apparently, Imgburn doesn't like it, probably due to the data transfer rates and the fact that data has to travel to pc for processing and then back to drive. So I switched my BDRB "working" folder to hard drive and no problem.
saphire199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2010, 14:11   #7514  |  Link
thekiller

Hello,
I have the following message in trying to recompress a bluray for the first time, or it can come? I usually have no problem with the DTS HD tracks

thekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2010, 20:20   #7515  |  Link
drmih

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekiller View Post
Hello,
I have the following message in trying to recompress a bluray for the first time, or it can come? I usually have no problem with the DTS HD tracks

The solution is usually to change the settings to only include 1 audio and 1 subtitle track. Then manually click on the extra ones you need - sometimes discs are mastered so that there are lots of unnecessary audio tracks included which don't seem to serve any purpose and confuse the programme.
drmih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2010, 13:57   #7516  |  Link
thekiller

Hello
Thank you for your reply, so I can not keep everything in general because I like to keep everything, the HD tracks take too much space?
thekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2010, 14:35   #7517  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekiller View Post
Hello
Thank you for your reply, so I can not keep everything in general because I like to keep everything, the HD tracks take too much space?
If there are numerous HD tracks, they could all, theoretically, combine to add up to more than 25GB... in that case there would be 0GB remaining for the video in a BD-25 backup. It's rare, but possible.

The alternative might be to choose some of the tracks and decide to reencode the audio to AC3 while keeping other HD tracks... that's something I will consider in future updates.

Last edited by jdobbs; 2nd April 2010 at 14:37.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2010, 18:46   #7518  |  Link
jdobbs

Just an fyi to all... I've updated the first post of this thread to now point to FFDSHOW r3326. I've tested it and it appears to be fine for use with BD Rebuilder.
Old 2nd April 2010, 19:39   #7519  |  Link
woodman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Priapismic View Post
@woodman, looks like the ffdshow setting for VC-1 is the problem. Set it to wmv9 and try again.
No luck with vc1 set to wmv9, the menu played ok but when I tried to watch the movie or the extras it just stayed black and I could not do anything except restart the player (standalone). It played ok on the pc.
Resetting to disabled
woodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2010, 19:40   #7520  |  Link
meadrocks

Problems with batch mode

version 0.32.08, batch mode, both times I tried The Passion, movie only, dvd9, it picked the wrong audio. There are 4 audio tracks, Latin/Aramaic/Hebrew 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio & 3 AC3 tracks. I selected the DTS audio track (soundtrack) but I keep getting 1 of the supporting audio tracks. I haven't tried it wo/ batch more yet. Maybe cause in my Preefs settings I have English selected it's overriding the Latin/Aramaic/Hebrew 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio selection. I'm trying a full disk BD25 backup currently.
meadrocks is offline   Reply With Quote