Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 3rd May 2009, 03:19   #221  |  Link
desray
Home Theater Freak

Never I have solved the problem - again have to uninstall FFDShow and reinstall again...
desray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2009, 10:08   #222  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

You need to use a MKV file for input. 264 also works but framerate may get wrong.

I changed nothing in version 0.8 (only added second pass option). Just tested it with 1280x568 and it uncropped it fine.

If uncropMKV stopped working for any of you - the problem is with your system/software - nothing in the processing part of uncropmkv was changed.
Old 4th May 2009, 18:18   #223  |  Link
fbimatrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by deank View Post
You need to use a MKV file for input. 264 also works but framerate may get wrong.

I changed nothing in version 0.8 (only added second pass option). Just tested it with 1280x568 and it uncropped it fine.

If uncropMKV stopped working for any of you - the problem is with your system/software - nothing in the processing part of uncropmkv was changed.
When I used the version 0.2 everything worked fine , but I installed the windows 7 build 7100 and From there I cant crop any file , I installed in a difent pc and the same error , I dont know what may be happening here. the conversion dont start
fbimatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2009, 18:21   #224  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Another user reported that with win7 he needed to reinstall avisynth. You need to have avisynth + directshow decoder (ffdshow or coreavc) + haali media splitter. Otherwise it won't work.
Old 4th May 2009, 21:54   #225  |  Link
fbimatrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by deank View Post
Another user reported that with win7 he needed to reinstall avisynth. You need to have avisynth + directshow decoder (ffdshow or coreavc) + haali media splitter. Otherwise it won't work.
YES found the soultion , Is not only reinstall , I ve installed with the option run as administrator and worked , so this is it , THANK YOU for your great job , you help us a lot with this programs.
fbimatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2009, 01:13   #226  |  Link
Alfeuss

1 pass crf option in future updates? This would be great! Thx.
Alfeuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2009, 15:30   #227  |  Link
tyee

Yes, I would like one pass crf also even though this app was for quick re-encoding. I use USB drive so size doesn't matter. I prefer using uncropMKV instead of megui for all my re-encoding!

Also is it possible to see the command line switches so we could add/delete certain switches for personal testing. If these two additions were made it would be perfect I think!
tyee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2009, 15:42   #228  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Yes, I can add crf and a x264 switches editable box so you can alter them in any way you wish.
Old 5th May 2009, 16:20   #229  |  Link
tyee

Much appreciated Dean! Thanks for all your work.
tyee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2009, 11:59   #230  |  Link
Eric B

Hello,
along with multiAVCHD topic, I discover this one, and I wonder what is actually done: it seems the video is fully re-encoded, which will generate a quality loss. Will it be possible to "just" encode the black bands and mux the original video with them?
I have more knowledge in picture as in video, and know that some programs can save jpg while keeping the exact 8x8 block and only crop or add new blocks. Is that also possible with x264 videos?
On the other hand, the full reencode is probably required when changing level / frame ref, etc. This is done quite fast: ~20 fps on a Core2Duo @ 2.8Ghz with a 1280x528 mkv uncropped to 1280x720.

I am testing multiAVCHD for a panasonic BD35 player. It seems that there are some tolerance in the resolution: 1920x1072, 720x432 (11% to 480), 704x576 videos were played fine, but a 1280x528 not (36% to 720). What is the max tolerance?

Finally, a suggestion for uncropMKV: we have a "trim end" option. It would be nice to have a "trim begin" option too, in order to test only a particular part of a full video.
EDIT: I forgot to thank you for the tool: it does a nice job already...
Eric B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2009, 12:02   #231  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

About resolutions:

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...82#post1235782

http://forum.doom9.org/showpost.php?...&postcount=322

About adding borders: no, it is not as easy as with static jpg files.
Old 6th May 2009, 13:14   #232  |  Link
Eric B

thanks for the fast answer and the links (thus, 1280x584++), I may try your videos on the bd35...
I've just looked at a 7min "uncropped" video. Although it is very subtle, I can see a little loss in quality by the reencoding. Thus, I will prefer remuxing the video in a mp4 file for the Xbox360 (and re encoding the audio) instead of re encoding the video for the BD35, or at least compare the 2 outputs, I suppose the upscaling of the BD35 to be much better than the one of the Xbox360.
Eric B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2009, 11:26   #233  |  Link
turbojet

deank: Do you have any plans on making this a full featured encoding frontend?
I have a lot of thoughts if you do and there are some key things that are missing/wrong in current solutions with no real plans of adding/fixing as far as I know.

I found a few cosmetic bug that if one exe is missing in tools folder it lists all exe's are missing.

Also vbv might be too high for dvd at 30 mbps in some situations, theoretically dvd's are read at 30-32 mbps and you have to consider audio, sub and overhead as well. I've found a 25 mbps spike to be safe so far but in most realistic situations 20 mbps or so might be safer and have no affect on anything except when encoding above 20 mbps average bitrate.
turbojet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2009, 11:31   #234  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

I was thinking of keeping it simple and quick for those willing to sacrifice some quality but get it done in one-click.

Post your suggestions and I'll look into it.
Old 7th May 2009, 11:43   #235  |  Link
turbojet

OK here it goes

- output size (custom, DVD5, DVD9, BD25) with within ~10 MB calculation
- drag and drop input
- restrict ref to 4 when outputting 1920x1080 and 1440x1080
- x64 x264 through avs2yuv+pipebuf support
- process priority option
- external audio aupport
- keep audio (core and HD) or encode audio to 192/384/448/640 AC3, 768/1536 DTS (would be a first with dts encoding)
- external srt/txt/ass/ssa/sup support
- internal/external vobsub support, bdsup2sub can convert to sup.
- resize sup with bdsup2sub or other way (would be a first)
- encoding options: bpyramid, deblock, me, subme, psy-rd:trellis, trellis, long (240/24) or short (24/1) gop (a custom line works too like you mentioned)
- chapter editor that loads mkv, dvd, tsmuxer formats (would be a first)
- convert chapter file to x264 qp_file to insert keyframe on the exact frame (would be a first)
- BD input which selects largest playlist by default with an option to choose others
- output file/folder option
- ts/m2ts/avchd/bd/mp4 output
- with avchd/bluray it outputs all directories with option to remove empty directories for Samsung players only (would be a first since BD-RB changed)
- trim start (+1 to what Eric B mentioned already) (would be a first)
- avs/m2ts/mpls/mp4 input
- more robust crop that allows adjustable mod2 in preview, white border is crop or something on all 4 sides
- compression check by crf 18-20 on 3-5% of the input selecting a small range of frames every so often like gordianknot does and gives a percentage compared to resolution set. (would be a first, sx264 is a little different)
- option to calculate to avchd/bd size but output to mkv as mkv is still friendlier on computers and it promotes mkv to avchd/bd convertors
- suspend/resums with a program like process

Also is resize to non-native resolutions useful to anyone?
If not maybe they can be removed so it contains simpler avchd outputs.

Last edited by turbojet; 9th May 2009 at 14:03.
Old 9th May 2009, 01:16   #236  |  Link
odwoh

Off size Resolutions

I've been using uncropmkv to make sure the resolution of a movie has been compliant as I was having problems with movies not playing that were not compliant.

But...... I've now done 2 movies without using uncropmkv but instead just used BDRebuilder, to resize them to fit, and they play fine and fill the whole screen!
This latest one was 1920x816. BDRebuilder doesn't change AR as its still the same.

So ... why or what does BDRebuilder do thats different from uncropmkv so that non-compliant movies work? And how may this effect PQ as its not 1920x1080?

thx
odwoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2009, 02:47   #237  |  Link
Moritzio

I tried to uncrop an mkv today and all worked well, but my output files have progress info in the upper left corner of the actual video image, below the added top black bar:
Current frame number
CPU load %
input size
output size

Where do I find a setting to turn that off?
From the log, input was V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC:1920x816 23.976fps (AR:2.35)

I checked this information is not on the input file (when played in MPC-HC), but is on the preview screen.

[Edit] nevermind - uninstalled and reinstalled avisynth and ffdshow and the onscreen display is now gone.[/Edit]

Last edited by Moritzio; 9th May 2009 at 03:03.
Moritzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2009, 06:55   #238  |  Link
turbojet

Quote:
Originally Posted by odwoh View Post
I've been using uncropmkv to make sure the resolution of a movie has been compliant as I was having problems with movies not playing that were not compliant.

But...... I've now done 2 movies without using uncropmkv but instead just used BDRebuilder, to resize them to fit, and they play fine and fill the whole screen!
This latest one was 1920x816. BDRebuilder doesn't change AR as its still the same.

So ... why or what does BDRebuilder do thats different from uncropmkv so that non-compliant movies work? And how may this effect PQ as its not 1920x1080?

thx
It places a 1920x1080 video in the stream folder and instructs the player to play it before playing the movie. This works for some players but not others, see this C1080 column in this thread to see which players have been tested and work or don't work. Please report if your player doesn't have results yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moritzio View Post
I tried to uncrop an mkv today and all worked well, but my output files have progress info in the upper left corner of the actual video image, below the added top black bar:
Current frame number
CPU load %
input size
output size

Where do I find a setting to turn that off?
From the log, input was V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC:1920x816 23.976fps (AR:2.35)

I checked this information is not on the input file (when played in MPC-HC), but is on the preview screen.

[Edit] nevermind - uninstalled and reinstalled avisynth and ffdshow and the onscreen display is now gone.[/Edit]
I see you've fixed it now, but that is ffdshow's on screen display.
Old 9th May 2009, 16:18   #239  |  Link
odwoh

[QUOTE=turbojet;1283150]It places a 1920x1080 video in the stream folder and instructs the player to play it before playing the movie. This works for some players but not others, see this C1080 column in this thread to see which players have been tested and work or don't work. Please report if your player doesn't have results yet.

This is interesting. I put a note in that thread.
So ... using this BDR method the screen is filled completely without any bars... BUT an uncropped 1920x1080 has horizontal bars and even when using Zoom there are still bars though smaller?? I find that BDR takes usually 2x longer the uncropmkv.
So is there anyway to implement this BDR stream folder in uncropmkv?

thx
odwoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2009, 16:26   #240  |  Link
turbojet

Thanks updated.

I'm not too sure what you are saying but is it BD-RB way you get bad aspect ratio or some of the picture is missing?

There is a way to do the 1920x1080 video before cropped video trick without re-encoding in TSMuxer.

Tags
avchd, bdmv, compliant, mkv, multiavchd