Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage

Old 13th June 2016, 21:02   #1  |  Link
Starduster

.jpg + .mp3 one length as .avs another after ffmpeg produces file

I have been putting audio behind .jpg's for years. I just started using .mp3 for the audio and am getting results I don't understand. I produce the .avs file and AVIsynth 2.6 with:
Code:
vd = DirectShowSource("Slide7.mp3", fps = 15, convertfps = True)
vd = vd.ssrc(22050)
#fv=ImageSource("slide7.jpg",fps=15,start=1,end=ceil(15*AudioLengthF(vd)/AudioRate(vd))).ConvertToRGB32().Lanczos4Resize(800,450)
fv=ImageSource("slide7.jpg",fps=15,start=1,end=ceil(15*16.5)).ConvertToRGB32().Lanczos4Resize(800,450)
sld7 = AudioDub(fv,vd)
sld7
It plays for 16.5 seconds and stops like it should. Then I create the .flv file using the latest version of ffmpeg with:
Code:
ffmpeg -async 15 -i Slide7.avs -vcodec flv -r 15 -s 800x450 -b:v 512k -ab 96k -ar 22050 -coder 1 -flags +aic+loop+mv4+naq -mpv_flags +cbp_rd -trellis 1 Slide7.flv
But the .flv 29 seconds! What is going on?... how do I fix?
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: zip Slide7.zip (227.3 KB, 34 views)
Old 13th June 2016, 22:26   #2  |  Link
raffriff42
Retried Guesser

1) DirectShowSource does not need "fps = 15, convertfps = True"
2) ffmpeg "-async 15", " -flags +aic+loop+mv4+naq" and "-mpv_flags +cbp_rd" do not apply
3) why reencode the audio? mux the original audio, something like this:
Code:
## Slide7.avs
ImageSource("slide7.jpg").Lanczos4Resize(800,450).Loop(-1).AssumeFPS(15)
Code:
ffmpeg -i "Slide7.avs" -i "Slide7.mp3" -vcodec flv -b:v 512k -acodec copy -shortest "Slide7.flv"
There is actually no need for AviSynth here, since ffmpeg does slide shows natively... I just don't know how to do it off the top of my head.

Last edited by raffriff42; 13th June 2016 at 22:29.
raffriff42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2016, 12:14   #3  |  Link
Starduster

Sorry... out of the office all last week. Actually, I do need AviSynth because slide7 is one of many components that will be combined. Each component is different and I'm making them all the same (size, format, fps, etc.) so I can create a single video from all of them: ...slide5 ++ slide6 ++ slide7 ++ slide8 ...

The thing I don't understand is why AudioDuration(vd) or AudioLengthF(vd)/AudioRate(vd) indicate 29 seconds. The .avs plays 16.5 seconds and mediaInfo shows an audio duration of 16.5 seconds. The audio content is 16.5 seconds.
Old 20th June 2016, 14:39   #4  |  Link
raffriff42
Retried Guesser

Why force FPS on an audio-only clip? This may be the cause of the duration change, I don't know. Again, why reencode when you can copy the original audio?

If you really need to process audio in AviSynth, try FFmpegSource or LSMASHSource instead. DirectShowSource could be doing anything, depending on your system's codec (mis)configuration.
raffriff42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2016, 18:57   #5  |  Link
Starduster

In order to create a single video from a varying number of dissimilar audio/video components, they must be of the same frame rate (format, size, channels, etc. too). So when the .jpg and .mp3 are combined, they need to match all the other components. I'll give FFmpegSource and LSMASHSource a go and see if there is any difference there. In the mean time, I've used audioTrim to force the .avs output to the duration I want and that seems to work.

Tags
audio encoding, avisynth, ffmpeg