Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 8th October 2018, 13:46   #6421  |  Link
imsrk48

in my PC subtitles showing like same which is created by me but in my friend's megui file not showing correctly
Quote:
Originally Posted by LigH View Post
I believe MeGUI supports several AviSynth plugins supporting subtitles. Which did you select? (log file) – Does it work with a different selection of subtitle filters?
Sent from my P4 using Tapatalk
imsrk48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2018, 13:46   #6422  |  Link
imsrk48

i can share that file you if you want to check

Old 8th October 2018, 14:51   #6423  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

Trying to read your mobile phone screenshot ... why did you not upload a screenshot from the PC (Alt+PrtScr, paste clipboard content as new image in e.g. IrfanView / XnView / Paint.NET etc., save image as PNG, upload to frupic / tinypic / imgur etc.)? That would have been readable a lot better. Do not attach images directly to your post in this forum, the approval by a moderator takes a long time here. Always use public image hosters instead.

Seems you are using VSFilter.dll as plugin. But if you are unlucky, then DirectShow already renders subtitles additionally, one of the reasons why you should never use DirectShowSource (except you are really sure you know why you need it, and how to avoid surprising side effects). MeGUI will always prefer the "File Indexer" method.

Apart from VSFilter, there are also other AviSynth plugins which support ASS subtitles. With advantages here and disavantages there. With more or less complete support of all the dozens of styling effects of the ASS format.

New German Gleitz board
MediaFire: x264 | x265 | VPx | AOM | Xvid
LigH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2018, 15:02   #6424  |  Link
imsrk48

my created .ass file showing perfect in my megui 100% working but in my friend's PC that is not showing correctly I'm created black BG in backward of text.
like headline.
but that is not working in my friend's PC's megui perfectly.
that is working in my my friend's all media player but not working in megui perfectly

so I'm sharing that file if you want to check bugs.
Quote:
Trying to read your mobile phone screenshot ... why did you not upload a screenshot from the PC (Alt+PrtScr, paste clipboard content as new image in e.g. IrfanView / XnView / Paint.NET etc., save image as PNG, upload to frupic / tinypic / imgur etc.)? That would have been readable a lot better. Do not attach images directly to your post in this forum, the approval by a moderator takes a long time here. Always use public image hosters instead.

Seems you are using VSFilter.dll as plugin. But if you are unlucky, then DirectShow already renders subtitles additionally, one of the reasons why you should never use DirectShowSource (except you are really sure you know why you need it, and how to avoid surprising side effects). MeGUI will always prefer the "File Indexer" method.

Apart from VSFilter, there are also other AviSynth plugins which support ASS subtitles. With advantages here and disavantages there. With more or less complete support of all the dozens of styling effects of the ASS format.
Old 8th October 2018, 15:04   #6425  |  Link
imsrk48

my screenshot is clear but that is not showing in Tapatalk correctly.
other peoples screenshot like my screenshot that is directly shared on Tapatalk.
Quote:

Old 8th October 2018, 18:51   #6426  |  Link
Zathor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissory View Post
I noticed a bug when transcoding only the audios within mkv files using One-Click when set to transcode/mux files with 3 audio streams or more.
Which version are you using? Because:

Code:
2882 [OneClick]             fixed only using at maximum 2 audio/subtible tracks in batch mode (regression of 2861). bug #927
Zathor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2018, 19:08   #6427  |  Link
Zathor

Quote:
Suddenly released: x265 v2.9+1
Thanks, updated.

Also a rework of the worker priority system is online:
Code:
2887 [Worker]               improved the priority system so that for each job type the process and I/O priority can be defined
                            changing the priority in the progress window does change it only for the current job
                            moved some settings from options\settings to worker\settings (these will reset to default)
     [OneClick]             improved priority change and job abort actions
     [L-SMASH Indexer]      improved priority change and job abort actions
Old 8th October 2018, 19:24   #6428  |  Link
imsrk48

#BUGs

My .ass Subtitle File Not Showing Correctly in Other PC's MeGUI.

Subtitle Working Fine When Directly Play In Media Players but Not Working in Other Computer's MeGUI.

Steps Needs to Follow
DLoad File:— https://intoupload.net/148d2g677ygc
1. First Install Fonts that Given in Zip Archive.
2. Play a Movie in Media Player (MPC-BE, POT PLAYER etc.) then Drag & Drop Subtitle as Default Subtitle.
3. Check Styling on (5m, 20m, 50m, 1h 20m, 2h) if a Line Moving Right to Left with Black BG then Subtitle is Fine.
4. Now Try to add subtitle in MeGUI & check in AVS Script Preview Subtitle Showing Fine or Not Same as Media Player Playing.

Note:— Please Check & Notify for Check It's a Bug or Something Else.

Old 8th October 2018, 21:55   #6429  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

@imsrk48:

Please stop flooding me with personal messages. I am not your personal coach. I do not have Telegram, I do not even have a smartphone. We are talking about your issue in public because many people might be able to know a little bit of your solution, not only me. And many people may enjoy reading the solution in public.

New German Gleitz board
MediaFire: x264 | x265 | VPx | AOM | Xvid
LigH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2018, 22:04   #6430  |  Link
dissory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathor View Post
Which version are you using? Because:

Code:
2882 [OneClick]             fixed only using at maximum 2 audio/subtible tracks in batch mode (regression of 2861). bug #927
Ah, I was using the stable version. Initially I was on the dev version but I keep getting a "TabControl" error when clicking OK in the one-click config dialog after changing values in the audio tab like removing an audio language (and changes won't save).

The error message was:
"MeGUI encountered a fatal error and may not be able to proceed.
Reason: Cannot access a disposed object.
Object name: TabControl"

Last edited by dissory; 8th October 2018 at 22:25.
dissory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2018, 22:53   #6431  |  Link
Zathor

Do you still have that issue with 2887? If yes, how can I reproduce it?
Old 8th October 2018, 23:42   #6432  |  Link
dissory

Yes, the TabControl error was on 2887. When I used the stable version I didn't face the error as far as I used it.

Not sure completely how to reproduce the error. After changing audio settings in the one-click config (don't know which one triggers it though) the error occurs and after that any subsequent change in audio settings results in the same error and no changes are saved. If I close MeGUI and reopen I can make changes again which save. If I find a way to reproduce reliably, I'll post.
Old 9th October 2018, 08:45   #6433  |  Link
imsrk48

sorry for that sir
I don't checked your recent message because of network problem

I'm really very sorry for that.
Quote:
@imsrk48:

Please stop flooding me with personal messages. I am not your personal coach. I do not have Telegram, I do not even have a smartphone. We are talking about your issue in public because many people might be able to know a little bit of your solution, not only me. And many people may enjoy reading the solution in public.
Old 9th October 2018, 14:34   #6434  |  Link
imsrk48

anyone tried this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by imsrk48 View Post
#BUGs

My .ass Subtitle File Not Showing Correctly in Other PC's MeGUI.

Subtitle Working Fine When Directly Play In Media Players but Not Working in Other Computer's MeGUI.

Steps Needs to Follow
DLoad File:— https://intoupload.net/148d2g677ygc
1. First Install Fonts that Given in Zip Archive.
2. Play a Movie in Media Player (MPC-BE, POT PLAYER etc.) then Drag & Drop Subtitle as Default Subtitle.
3. Check Styling on (5m, 20m, 50m, 1h 20m, 2h) if a Line Moving Right to Left with Black BG then Subtitle is Fine.
4. Now Try to add subtitle in MeGUI & check in AVS Script Preview Subtitle Showing Fine or Not Same as Media Player Playing.

Note:— Please Check & Notify for Check It's a Bug or Something Else.

Old 9th October 2018, 17:40   #6435  |  Link
Zathor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissory View Post
Not sure completely how to reproduce the error. After changing audio settings in the one-click config (don't know which one triggers it though) the error occurs and after that any subsequent change in audio settings results in the same error and no changes are saved. If I close MeGUI and reopen I can make changes again which save. If I find a way to reproduce reliably, I'll post.
Do you still have the logs somewhere and are the errors mentioned in there?
Old 9th October 2018, 23:21   #6436  |  Link
dissory

Quote:
Do you still have the logs somewhere and are the errors mentioned in there?
Error in log:
Code:
-[Error] Unhandled error
--[Information] [07-Oct-18 7:10:45 PM] Exception message
---[NoImage] Cannot access a disposed object.
---[NoImage] Object name: 'TabControl'.
--[Information] [07-Oct-18 7:10:45 PM] Stacktrace
---[NoImage]    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateHandle()
---[NoImage]    at System.Windows.Forms.TabControl.CreateHandle()
---[NoImage]    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.get_Handle()
---[NoImage]    at MeGUI.OneClickWindow.AudioAddTrack(Boolean bChangeFocus)
---[NoImage]    at MeGUI.OneClickWindow.AudioResetTrack(List`1 arrAudioTrackInfo, OneClickSettings settings)
---[NoImage]    at MeGUI.OneClickWindow.SetOneClickProfile(OneClickSettings settings)
---[NoImage]    at MeGUI.OneClickWindow.OneClickProfileChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
---[NoImage]    at MeGUI.core.gui.SimpleProfilesControl.raiseProfileChangedEvent()
---[NoImage]    at MeGUI.core.gui.SimpleProfilesControl.comboBox1_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
---[NoImage]    at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
---[NoImage]    at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.set_SelectedIndex(Int32 value)
---[NoImage]    at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.set_SelectedItem(Object value)
---[NoImage]    at MeGUI.core.gui.SimpleProfilesControl.SelectProfile(String fqname)
---[NoImage]    at MeGUI.core.gui.SimpleProfilesControl.RefreshProfiles()
---[NoImage]    at MeGUI.core.gui.SimpleProfilesControl.ProfilesChanged(Object _, EventArgs __)
---[NoImage]    at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
---[NoImage]    at MeGUI.ProfileType.raiseChangedEvent()
---[NoImage]    at MeGUI.SpecificProfileType`2.ConfigureProfiles()
---[NoImage]    at MeGUI.ProfileManager.Configure(Profile SelectedProfile)
---[NoImage]    at MeGUI.core.gui.ConfigableProfilesControl.config_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
---[NoImage]    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
---[NoImage]    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
---[NoImage]    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
---[NoImage]    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
---[NoImage]    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
---[NoImage]    at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
---[NoImage]    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
---[NoImage]    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
---[NoImage]    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
---[NoImage]    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
--[Information] [07-Oct-18 7:10:45 PM] Inner exception: null
-[Error] Unhandled error
--[Information] [07-Oct-18 7:12:09 PM] Exception message
---[NoImage] Cannot access a disposed object.
---[NoImage] Object name: 'TabControl'.
--[Information] [07-Oct-18 7:12:09 PM] Stacktrace
---[NoImage]    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateHandle()
---[NoImage]    at System.Windows.Forms.TabControl.CreateHandle()
---[NoImage]    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.get_Handle()
---[NoImage]    at MeGUI.OneClickWindow.AudioAddTrack(Boolean bChangeFocus)
---[NoImage]    at MeGUI.OneClickWindow.AudioResetTrack(List`1 arrAudioTrackInfo, OneClickSettings settings)
---[NoImage]    at MeGUI.OneClickWindow.SetOneClickProfile(OneClickSettings settings)
---[NoImage]    at MeGUI.OneClickWindow.OneClickProfileChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
---[NoImage]    at MeGUI.core.gui.SimpleProfilesControl.raiseProfileChangedEvent()
---[NoImage]    at MeGUI.core.gui.SimpleProfilesControl.comboBox1_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
---[NoImage]    at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
---[NoImage]    at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.set_SelectedIndex(Int32 value)
---[NoImage]    at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.set_SelectedItem(Object value)
---[NoImage]    at MeGUI.core.gui.SimpleProfilesControl.SelectProfile(String fqname)
---[NoImage]    at MeGUI.core.gui.SimpleProfilesControl.RefreshProfiles()
---[NoImage]    at MeGUI.core.gui.SimpleProfilesControl.ProfilesChanged(Object _, EventArgs __)
---[NoImage]    at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
---[NoImage]    at MeGUI.ProfileType.raiseChangedEvent()
---[NoImage]    at MeGUI.ProfileType.set_ProfilesAndSelected(Tuple`2 value)
---[NoImage]    at MeGUI.SpecificProfileType`1.set_SProfiles(Tuple`2 value)
---[NoImage]    at MeGUI.SpecificProfileType`2.ConfigureProfiles()
---[NoImage]    at MeGUI.ProfileManager.Configure(Profile SelectedProfile)
---[NoImage]    at MeGUI.core.gui.ConfigableProfilesControl.config_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
---[NoImage]    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
---[NoImage]    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
---[NoImage]    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
---[NoImage]    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
---[NoImage]    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
---[NoImage]    at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
---[NoImage]    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
---[NoImage]    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
---[NoImage]    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
---[NoImage]    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
--[Information] [07-Oct-18 7:12:09 PM] Inner exception: null
Old 10th October 2018, 07:04   #6437  |  Link
hello_hello

Quote:
My current idea is that there is an option in the right click menu which does this with one click (set all other waiting jobs to postponed and the desired ones to waiting + creating a temporary worker).
If you can tell MeGUI to run jobs in successive temporary workers automatically without it causing you too much work, that'd be great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello_hello View Post
Could I also ask.... were you intending to have another look at the chapter creator at some stage? It's still a bit of a disaster in respect to showing one thing in the GUI while the chapter file being saved is often something else.
Quote:
Could you please explain more? What does not work?
Sorry about the essay, but you asked.

It's pretty much as I described. The GUI shows one thing while the chapter file saved is something else when the Input/Output frame rates don't match. I haven't used it in a while for that reason, but I had a play and here's the issues I see. The result should be the same regardless of the input type, IMHO.

I think it's working as I'd expect for text input files. The only problem there is when the Input/Output fps are different. It's reflected in the saved chapters file, but not in the GUI.

For IFO chapter files, the QP file always assumes the frame count is fixed, which is probably why changing the Input fps changes the chapter timings, even when the Output fps is the same, and once again the GUI should always reflect the chapter timings in the saved file.

Chapter 7 from an NTSC DVD, opened from an IFO file and again after saving it as a text file.

An IFO file at 29.970fps.
Input 29.970, Output 29.970, GUI 25:20.003, Output File 25:20.003, 45554 K.
Input 23.976, Output 23.976, GUI 31:40.004, Output File 31:40.004, 45554 K.
Input 23.976, Output 25.000, GUI 31:40.004, Output File 30:22.180, 45554 K.

The text version as the input.
Input 29.970, Output 29.970, GUI 25:20.003, Output File 25:20.003, 45554 K.
Input 23.976, Output 23.976, GUI 25:20.003, Output File 25:20.003, 36444 K.
Input 23.976, Output 25.000, GUI 25:20.003, Output File 24:17.743, 36444 K.

If an IFO input worked the same as a text file input, you could open an IFO file from an NTSC DVD, change the Input fps to 23.976 (it's progressive or IVTC will be applied), change the Output fps to 25 and save the correct chapters for an NTSC to PAL speedup. As you can see from the output differences above, you can't.

When you click on a chapter you don't always land on the same frame in the preview video if the input is a text chapters file. Currently for an IFO input file the Chapter Creator seems to be applying the equivalent of AssumeFPS(), but for a text input file it's ChangeFPS(). Maybe that's what's needed for the preview... for the Chapter Creator to switch to AssumeFPS mode for text input files when a preview is open and to ChangeFPS() mode for IFO input files when there's no preview.... and for the preview video frame rate to be the Output fps, not the Input fps.

Anyway, the GUI not always displaying the same chapter timings as the output file is not a good thing, and the Chapter Creator window always having to be on top becomes really annoying after a while.

Thanks.

Last edited by hello_hello; 10th October 2018 at 10:44.
hello_hello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2018, 13:52   #6438  |  Link
kalehrl

Quote:
If you can tell MeGUI to run jobs in successive temporary workers automatically without it causing you too much work, that'd be great.
I second that.
I have an i5-4160 processor with 4 cores and when encoding in xvid, I'm unable to fully utilize the cpu by running 4 video encoding jobs no matter how I set up redesigned thread handling options.
Before work thread rewrite, when using one click encoding, I was able to go to queue and click start and later on video encoding jobs would pop out whenever a thread was available. I believe before I had 4 threads set up manually in the options.
kalehrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2018, 22:39   #6439  |  Link
Zathor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello_hello View Post
Sorry about the essay, but you asked.
Thanks, I do have to read it when I do have a bit more time - likely at the weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalehrl View Post
I second that.
I have an i5-4160 processor with 4 cores and when encoding in xvid, I'm unable to fully utilize the cpu by running 4 video encoding jobs no matter how I set up redesigned thread handling options.
Before work thread rewrite, when using one click encoding, I was able to go to queue and click start and later on video encoding jobs would pop out whenever a thread was available. I believe before I had 4 threads set up manually in the options.
´
Maybe I do not get it, but go to worker\settings, set the maximum parallel jobs count to 4 and either remove the video jobs rule or set it to <= 4 video jobs in parallel
Old 11th October 2018, 08:02   #6440  |  Link
kalehrl

I tried that but it didn't work.
When I start it manually from the queue, video encoding job pops up but when it finishes, another one doesn't automatically start and I'm left with one or two idle workers.
kalehrl is offline   Reply With Quote