Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Subtitles

Old 13th August 2013, 20:50   #201  |  Link
TheShadowRunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberbeing View Post
Okay, so you just want to be able to set a constant (relative) font size under Styles for SRT subtitles, so you do not need to change it on videos of different resolution? Someone requested a function like this for SRT subtitles earlier in the thread, and we are considering it.
It was me, thanks for considering it!
Old 13th August 2013, 21:10   #202  |  Link
cyberbeing
Broadband Junkie

It would probably help if you added an entry to our issue tracker we don't forgot about it. Our developer never checks this Doom9 thread, so any issues or feature requests left here and not on our GoogleCode project page risk being forgotten about or neglected in terms of allocated development time.

Last edited by cyberbeing; 13th August 2013 at 21:17.
cyberbeing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2013, 03:56   #203  |  Link
Iorek

Hello, I'm getting seemingly random MadVR crashes with PotPlayer + madVR + XySubFilter. The crash report seems to indicate that it's a conflict with XySubFilter.

Crash report #1: http://pastebin.com/Ssy2a04C
Crash report #2: http://pastebin.com/xAwrDnMm

I've setup my player using this guide: http://bit.ly/kGMJTO

I can't replicate any of the crashes... it's 100% random. It's happened on different files at different times and doesn't repeat.

Last edited by Iorek; 14th August 2013 at 03:59.
Iorek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2013, 04:43   #204  |  Link
cyberbeing
Broadband Junkie

@Iorek

madVR crash reports aren't very useful without the Debug Symbols present. Download the XySubFilter Debug Symbols and place the PDB in the same directory as XySubFilter.dll . After you do that, please post your next madVR crash report here.

Currently, the only crash with Beta which we are aware of is Issue #153, which only occurred at certain window sizes because of a bug in our combine bitmap function. Were you using windowed playback when these crashes occurred? Otherwise, any details you can provide about settings, subtitle format, fullscreen/windowed, play or pause, if it was soon after opening a new file, embedded or external subs, XySubFilter only installed or xy-VSFilter as well, filters shown under the PotPlayer filters context menu, and so on when crash occurred would be useful.

Last edited by cyberbeing; 14th August 2013 at 04:52.
Old 14th August 2013, 12:53   #205  |  Link
Iorek

Quote:
@Iorek

madVR crash reports aren't very useful without the Debug Symbols present. Download the XySubFilter Debug Symbols and place the PDB in the same directory as XySubFilter.dll . After you do that, please post your next madVR crash report here.

Currently, the only crash with Beta which we are aware of is Issue #153, which only occurred at certain window sizes because of a bug in our combine bitmap function. Were you using windowed playback when these crashes occurred? Otherwise, any details you can provide about settings, subtitle format, fullscreen/windowed, play or pause, if it was soon after opening a new file, embedded or external subs, XySubFilter only installed or xy-VSFilter as well, filters shown under the PotPlayer filters context menu, and so on when crash occurred would be useful.
Thanks for the info. No, PotPlayer was fullscreen @ 1080p when the crashes occur. I've placed the .pdb file and will provide as much info as possible along with the crash report the next time it happens. Thanks!
Old 14th August 2013, 13:37   #206  |  Link
sk4zzy

Hello guys, I have been using the xysub for over a week now, and the first thing I miss from the old sub renderer is the subtitle sync with the hotkeys during playback (F1,F2) and last, and most importantly for my usage scenario, a little setting that made all the difference - Default Style subtitle placement below the video frame (in the black bar).
That was possible with VobSub and the internal MPC-HC font default styles, but with the current state of XySub that option was left out.
Does anyone know an alternative to solving this problem?
sk4zzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2013, 14:36   #207  |  Link
cyberbeing
Broadband Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk4zzy View Post
subtitle sync with the hotkeys during playback (F1,F2) and last
See my post from the other day.
Quote:
MPC-BE nightly builds from the past couple weeks support using the default F1/F2 hotkeys with XySubFilter.

Otherwise, you'd need to ask your media player of choice to support this via the IDirectVobSub interface.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sk4zzy View Post
and most importantly for my usage scenario, a little setting that made all the difference - Default Style subtitle placement below the video frame (in the black bar).
That was possible with VobSub and the internal MPC-HC font default styles, but with the current state of XySub that option was left out.
Does anyone know an alternative to solving this problem?
This is not a XySubFilter (Subtitle Provider) limitation, but rather a madVR (Subtitle Consumer) limitation. madVR (Subtitle Consumer) does not yet support black bar rendering below the video frame when using the new subtitle interface. Last time I asked madshi, it sounded like it would require a quite a bit of work because of technical issues specific to madVR rendering, so I'm unsure when he'll get around to it. I suspect that once MPC-HC finishes their Subtitle Consumer for XySubFilter it will support this. All we can do is wait.
Old 14th August 2013, 14:56   #208  |  Link
sk4zzy

Thanks a lot for your answers cyberbeing.
sk4zzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2013, 23:26   #209  |  Link
mandarinka

BTW, do you intend to implement black bars rendering even for ASS subs?

(Those usually have given positioning, but perhaps it could be done for dialogue subtitles that only use implicit placement (\an2) and as such it can probably be assumed that they can be moved to the black area. Subtitles with explicit alignment would need to stay matched with the actual image area though...)
mandarinka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2013, 00:45   #210  |  Link
cyberbeing
Broadband Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandarinka View Post
BTW, do you intend to implement black bars rendering even for ASS subs?
Yes, we already implemented black bar rendering support for ASS subtitles a few weeks ago. Basic details of this initial implementation are below, but no way to test it without a Subtitle Consumer which supports black bar rendering:

Quote:
Originally Posted by xy-VSFilter Developer on July 23rd, 2013
Finished initial implementation of ASS black bar support, but no way to test it yet. The moving would be operated every subtitle line. I've defined a "hard positioning level" range of 0 to 2 for each ASS tag. Subtitle lines would not be moved if it contains a ASS tag which has a "hard positioning level" higher than certain threshold. That threshold would default to 0. It can be -1 which means move if only there's no ASS commands.

This is the ASS tag hard positioning level table:

1c NONE;
2c NONE;
3c NONE;
4c NONE;
1a NONE;
2a NONE;
3a NONE;
4a NONE;
alpha NONE;
an NONE;
a NONE;
blur NONE;
bord NONE;
be NONE;
b NONE;

clip HARD;
iclip HARD;

c NONE;
fade NONE;
fad NONE;

fax SOFT;
fay SOFT;

fe NONE;
fn NONE;

frx SOFT;
fry SOFT;
frz SOFT;
fr SOFT;
fscx SOFT;
fscy SOFT;
fsc SOFT;
fsp SOFT;
fs SOFT;

i NONE;

kt SOFT;
kf SOFT;
K SOFT;
ko SOFT;
k SOFT;

move HARD;
org HARD;
pbo HARD;
pos HARD;
p HARD;

q NONE;
r NONE;
shad NONE;
s NONE;
t NONE;
u NONE;
xbord NONE;
xshad NONE;
ybord NONE;
yshad NONE;
Old 17th August 2013, 11:03   #211  |  Link
mandarinka

Ah. Thanks for the info.
mandarinka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2013, 20:27   #212  |  Link
Iorek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iorek View Post
Thanks for the info. No, PotPlayer was fullscreen @ 1080p when the crashes occur. I've placed the .pdb file and will provide as much info as possible along with the crash report the next time it happens. Thanks!
I've discovered a repeatable crash. It happens in this file at 03:34 when the screen zooms in on the tablet. I'm assuming this is a result of the translated text higher in the picture. Now that I think about it, it's possible that some or all of my crashes occured under similar circumstances.

Anyway here is the crash report: http://pastebin.com/HKUvyLNL

One thing worth noting is that this only happens when the video is fullscreen (Happens both with or without MadVR's exclusive fullscreen option). Filters in use are: LAV Splitter Source, LAV Video Decoder, Madshi Video Renderer, XySubFilter, LAV Audio Decoder, and DirectSound Audio Renderer. Subtitle type is embedded Text/ASS.

The video also crashes in the same spot when using DirectVobSub, but there's no crash report. Does this mean it's a problem elsewhere?

Thanks.

Last edited by Iorek; 18th August 2013 at 20:43.
Old 19th August 2013, 17:45   #213  |  Link
cyberbeing
Broadband Junkie

Since that crash report points to:
Quote:
malloc.c.malloc (XySubFilter.dll)
And all your logs show:
Quote:
allocated memory : 1.45 GB
largest free block : 10.76 MB
It seems this is likely an out-of-memory crash from reaching the 32-bit 2GB process limitation in PotPlayer. Unlike MPC-HC & MPC-BE, it doesn't appear that PotPlayer has LargeAddressAware enabled.

MPC-HC:
Quote:
allocated memory : 1.63 GB
largest free block : 1.64 GB
No crash, but performs poorly.

PotPlayerMini edited to enable LargeAddressAware:
Quote:
allocated memory : 1.43 GB
largest free block : 1.95 GB
PotPlayer (LAA enabled) + XySubFilter actually seems to perform considerably better than with MPC-HC on this sample.

Until we look into it, it's hard to say if this say if the sudden +1GB RAM usage by XySubFilter @1080p is working-as-intended or not for that typesetting effect. It is a problem if we are running out of memory though.

Last edited by cyberbeing; 20th August 2013 at 02:16.
Old 20th August 2013, 07:24   #214  |  Link
ryrynz

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced subtitles staying stuck on the screen? I was using xySubfilter with MadVR.
ryrynz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2013, 21:26   #215  |  Link
michkrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryrynz View Post
Just wondering if anyone else has experienced subtitles staying stuck on the screen? I was using xySubfilter with MadVR.
Not happening here.

A sample file and more info, like your system specs (CPU, GPU), operating system, player, whether you're playing it full-screen or windowed, using software or hardware decoding (DXVA-native/-copyback / CUVID / QuickSync) might be useful for investigating this.
michkrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2013, 00:06   #216  |  Link
ryrynz

Quote:
Originally Posted by michkrol View Post
Not happening here.

A sample file and more info, like your system specs (CPU, GPU), operating system, player, whether you're playing it full-screen or windowed, using software or hardware decoding (DXVA-native/-copyback / CUVID / QuickSync) might be useful for investigating this.
I know. I'm not investigating it, too time consuming. I'm just asking the question.
ryrynz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2013, 03:53   #217  |  Link
agustin9

I'm experiencing high dpc latency when madvr is in Fullscreen Exclusive Mode. Anyone else having this problem?

EDIT: Sorry, I'm not sure it's because of this filter

Last edited by agustin9; 22nd August 2013 at 03:57.
agustin9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2013, 05:10   #218  |  Link
cyberbeing
Broadband Junkie

AMD/ATI cards in general have been known to have DPC latency issues with madVR depending on settings. If you have an NVIDIA card, no idea. Try setting both the madVR GPU Queue & Fullscreen Exclusive "Present frames in advance" to 6. This isn't an XySubFilter issue though, so if this doesn't resolve your DPC issue, you should move further discussion to the madVR thread.
Old 22nd August 2013, 05:19   #219  |  Link
agustin9

No, you're right, this is and amd/ati issue. Higher queues make higher the latency for me. I guess the subtitle queue in madvr using the filter makes the problem worse. Thanks for the quick response.
agustin9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2013, 14:28   #220  |  Link
octal9

thanks for all your great work on xysubfilter! love being able to edit fonts/styles/etc. on the fly to make subs look however i want and the subtitles are beyond flawless image-wise - i have a very old/slow pc and the rendering speed is nearly (if not just as) fast as xy-vs.....i was wondering if it is possible to add additional fonts to the sub filter? would love to see this feature if it is not currently available, and if it is, how would i do it?

Last edited by octal9; 20th September 2013 at 14:32.
octal9 is offline   Reply With Quote