Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 29th December 2012, 12:23   #2781  |  Link
Zathor

Quote:
Originally Posted by durwood View Post
Using the oneclick it forces pgcdemux even if I have the movie only?
To avoid problems with multiple PGCs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by durwood View Post
Also in oneclick, it encodes all audio tracks even if there is only 1 selected and no other additional ones selected.
Quote:
Originally Posted by invy View Post
1. Is there a reason why when I use the OneClick, it is adding a duplicate/extra audio job to the queue, and therefore making it encode the same exact track twice?
This does not happen for me. Are you sure that you have selected only one audio track? Also please provide the complete log.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtnoise View Post
I believe that this revision breaks EVO files & Seamless branching extraction. I've an error when I trigger the Jobs Creation...I'm investigating.
Are you sure? I just extracted some files from a EVO and two combined VOB files without problem.

Quote:
2. I used the OneClick and selected a folder of 5 MPGs to encode. Why, then, when I check the Queue, do I only see 1 set (idx,oneclick) of jobs appear for the 1st MPEG? The 2nd set doesn't appear until the 1st is done, the 3rd set doesn't appear until the 2nd is done, etc etc.
Was this intentionally done so MeGUI doesn't stall for so long while adding an entire folder that could contain a large amount of files?
No, the reason is that if you have several large files which need to be demuxed your hard disk space may be not sufficient. Therefore one job will be handled completly and then the next one will be created - deleting the intermediate files inbetween.
Zathor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2012, 12:51   #2782  |  Link
invy

I think it may be because I pressed the "+" next to where it says Audio 1 in the One Click Encoder window? Could that have been the reason for 2 identical audio jobs?

Also, is there a way to make it add all of them to queue at once? (for those that are certain hdd space won't be an issue)

EDIT: Fixed. Yeah I think that's why it was adding duplicates...
invy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2012, 13:03   #2783  |  Link
Zathor

Quote:
Also, is there a way to make it add all of them to queue at once? (for those that are certain hdd space won't be an issue)
Maybe I will add that in the future. But I do not understand the reason. Why do you want to see all jobs?
Old 29th December 2012, 13:45   #2784  |  Link
invy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathor View Post
Maybe I will add that in the future. But I do not understand the reason. Why do you want to see all jobs?
Well, for one, so I could queue some to a secondary worker.

And two, every once in a while I may have a MPEG file that would stall while its being indexed due to some minor corruption (OTA caps that could usually be fixed by a quickstream fix in VideoRedo). So as you could imagine, the result would be nothing further being processed from that point on in the queue.

Whereas, typically, before the update, I could just wait around a few minutes to make sure all the jobs were indexed. And from there on, I could start a secondary queue if need be (back to my first reason...) .
Old 29th December 2012, 15:02   #2785  |  Link
Zathor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello_hello View Post
MeGUI's anamorphic encoding option seems to do it's resizing in an odd fashion since the changes, when using the anamorphic resize to mod16 option.... which I guess becomes resize to mod2 or mod4 depending on the "suggest resolution" setting. It's the same when resizing to square pixels with "suggest resolution" enabled. With it set to mod2, cropping 2 pixels from the side of a PAL DVD automatically changes the resizing to 720x578 while the height displays red, rather than resize down to 718x576. Cropping 4 pixels gives me 720x580 instead of 716x576. Of course it's easy enough to manually change the width to 716 and MeGUI will change the height back to 576 but it seems to be calculating the wrong way. A week ago MeGUI wouldn't let me resize up, today it's almost insisting. It'd be more consistent if cropping the width reduces the width the same way cropping the height reduces the height.
Thx & fixed. Btw. this was not caused by the recent changes. MeGUI "since ages" did an upsize in such a case. With the recent changes (mod2 and marked red) it is now better visible.
Old 29th December 2012, 15:16   #2786  |  Link
TSoft

Zathor,

is now the 2243 the last build ???
TSoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2012, 15:19   #2787  |  Link
Zathor

Yes, a newer build will be uploaded in the next days.
EDIT: Changelog of the at the moment implemented changes can be found here:
http://megui.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/megui/megui/trunk/Changelog.txt
Some local changes are missing
Old 30th December 2012, 08:32   #2788  |  Link
aegisofrime

Hi Zathor,

Firstly, thanks for this excellent tool and the hard work you have put into it

I'm just wondering, any plans to add Vapoursynth support? It gives a nice speed-up over Avisynth in my tests.

Thanks again!
aegisofrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2012, 12:22   #2789  |  Link
Kurtnoise
Swallowed in the Sea

Quote:
Are you sure? I just extracted some files from a EVO and two combined VOB files without problem.
Code:
Index: packages/tools/hdbdextractor/HDBDStreamExtractor.cs
===================================================================
--- packages/tools/hdbdextractor/HDBDStreamExtractor.cs	(revision 2248)
+++ packages/tools/hdbdextractor/HDBDStreamExtractor.cs	(working copy)
@@ -345,9 +345,9 @@

// Load to MeGUI job queue
             if (FolderSelection.Checked)
-                job = new HDStreamsExJob(new List<string>() { dummyInput }, this.FolderOutputTextBox.Text + "xxx", args.featureNumber, args.args, inputType);
+                job = new HDStreamsExJob(new List<string>() { dummyInput }, this.FolderOutputTextBox.Text, args.featureNumber, args.args, inputType);
             else
-                job = new HDStreamsExJob(input, this.FolderOutputTextBox.Text + "xxx", null, args.args, inputType);
+                job = new HDStreamsExJob(input, this.FolderOutputTextBox.Text, null, args.args, inputType);

lastJob = job;
             mainForm.Jobs.addJobsToQueue(job);
@@ -464,10 +464,20 @@
                         // create dummy input string for megui job
                         if (feature.Description.Contains("EVO"))
                         {
-                            if (FolderInputTextBox.Text.ToUpper(System.Globalization.CultureInfo.InvariantCulture).Contains("HVDVD_TS"))
-                                dummyInput = FolderInputTextBox.Text + feature.Description.Substring(0, feature.Description.IndexOf(","));
+                            if (feature.Description.Contains("+"))
+                            {
+                                if (FolderInputTextBox.Text.ToUpper(System.Globalization.CultureInfo.InvariantCulture).Contains("HVDVD_TS"))
+                                    dummyInput = FolderInputTextBox.Text.Substring(0, FolderInputTextBox.Text.IndexOf("HVDVD_TS")) + "HVDVD_TS\\" + feature.Description.Substring(0, feature.Description.IndexOf("+"));
+                                else
+                                    dummyInput = FolderInputTextBox.Text + "HVDVD_TS\\" + feature.Description.Substring(0, feature.Description.IndexOf("+"));
+                            }
                             else
-                                dummyInput = FolderInputTextBox.Text + "HVDVD_TS\\" + feature.Description.Substring(0, feature.Description.IndexOf(","));
+                            {
+                                if (FolderInputTextBox.Text.ToUpper(System.Globalization.CultureInfo.InvariantCulture).Contains("HVDVD_TS"))
+                                    dummyInput = FolderInputTextBox.Text.Substring(0, FolderInputTextBox.Text.IndexOf("HVDVD_TS")) + "HVDVD_TS\\" + feature.Description.Substring(0, feature.Description.IndexOf(","));
+                                else
+                                    dummyInput = FolderInputTextBox.Text + "HVDVD_TS\\" + feature.Description.Substring(0, feature.Description.IndexOf(","));
+                            }
                         }
                         else if (feature.Description.Contains("(angle"))
                         {
Otherwise megui crashes coz the job Input contains several names...

From the log:

Quote:
-[Information] HD Streams Extractor
--[Information] [30/12/2012 10:24:32] Input: G:\
--[Information] [30/12/2012 10:24:32] Arguments: "G:\"
--[Information] [30/12/2012 10:24:32] Feature Retrieval Completed
--[Information] [30/12/2012 10:24:37] Arguments: "G:\" 1) -progressnumbers
--[Information] [30/12/2012 10:24:38] EVO, 1 video track, 4 audio tracks, 10 subtitle tracks, 2:39:01
--[Information] [30/12/2012 10:24:38] Stream Retrieval Completed
-[Error] Log for job1 (ext, feature_01.EVO+feature_02.EVO -> Eyes Whide Shut)
--[Information] [30/12/2012 10:26:15] Started handling job
--[Information] [30/12/2012 10:26:15] Preprocessing
--[Error] [30/12/2012 10:26:15] Error starting job
---[Error] [30/12/2012 10:26:15] Exception message: Calling setup of processor failed with error 'Required file 'G:\HVDVD_TS\feature_01.EVO+feature_02.EVO' is missing.'
---[Error] [30/12/2012 10:26:15] Stacktrace: à MeGUI.core.gui.JobWorker.startEncoding(TaggedJob job)
---[Error] [30/12/2012 10:26:15] Inner exception: null
Kurtnoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2012, 12:29   #2790  |  Link
invy

@Zathor: Is it possible to put only muxing jobs in higher priority (or normal at least) by default? It's always bothered me that muxing always goes hell slow when it's on "low" priority.

Like right now, I came back to my PC to see it was muxing a 1.23 GB file. The time elapsed was over 5 MINUTES and it was not even half way done. The moment I put it on below normal, normal, or above normal priorities, it zipped right through and finished it within a minute.

I want to keep audio/video jobs on low, though. And, as it stands right now, I believe MeGUI remembers the priority of the last/current job, and when the status window of the next job pops up it will use the same priority of the last one that finished.

It would great if there is a way, or if not, I'd like to put in a request for it.
Old 30th December 2012, 12:35   #2791  |  Link
Zathor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtnoise View Post
Otherwise megui crashes coz the job Input contains several names...
Thx, I never tested it with two EVO files.
Old 30th December 2012, 16:59   #2792  |  Link
Zathor

Code:
2253 [Queue] warn if intermediate files of an incomplete job are going to be deleted
2252 [Worker] if a job is aborted the corresponding worker will be stopped
2251 [OneClick] pgcdemux will only be used if more than one PGC is found
2250 [AVS Script Creator] avoid upsizing when resizing a cropped source
     [AVS Script Creator] added option to enable upsizing in the profile (disabled by default)
     [AVS Script Creator] added option to select the default mod value in the profile (mod16 by default)
     [AVS Script Creator] adjusted "Clever (TM) anamorphic encoding" so the new mod values are used
     [OneClick] obey the new AVS Script Creator settings
2249 [HD Streams Extractor] fixed handling of seamless branching EVO files
2248 [OneClick] warn if identical tracks are about to be processed
2247 [AVS Script Creator] hide "Aspect Ratio Error" when doing an anamorphic encoding
                          fixed handling of the "Aspect Ratio Error" if dealing with an anamorphic input file
2246 [AVS Script Creator] enhanced readability of the "red parts"
                          the "Aspect Ratio Error" only turns red if the value is bigger than the acceptable aspect error
                          crop values will be used also for the upsize warnings
2245 [Queue] related jobs are highlighted when selecting a job
2244 [Queue] when deleting a job warn always if it is part of a related job series
Old 30th December 2012, 17:43   #2793  |  Link
TSoft

Hello Zathor,

thanks for all the work.

I often use MeGui with the option Oneclick to bring avi (with audio ac3 or mp3) in mp4 (video x264 and audio aac 48kbps).
Sometimes it doesn't work properly:

1. I noticed that when the audio in the avi was muxed with delay (positive or negative) Oneclick gives an error and was not able to extract the audio.
2. Sometimes all seems to go on well, but at the end (but not always) the muxed mp4 files was not in syncro though the avi was perfect.

The one point I can get around with having the avi no delay in the audio track, but point 2.... I don't know.
Now I'm using AutoEncoder, is it not the same thing... OneClick is better for me.

Please sorry for my english. I wish you a good new year and thanks again.

Last edited by TSoft; 30th December 2012 at 17:51.
TSoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2012, 18:03   #2794  |  Link
Shevek

Hi Zathor, I have found a bug in the Http Proxy code.

If you check the Use Proxy option in settings but don't enter server details then you get an error the next time MeGUI is launched:

Code:
MeGUI encountered a fatal error and may not be able to proceed. Reason: Invalid URI: The hostname could not be parsed.
This is un-recoverable and MeGUI exits and so you cannot fix the settings through the UI.

I could only fix it by editing the settings.xml file:

Code:
<UseHttpProxy>true</UseHttpProxy>
to

Code:
<UseHttpProxy>false</UseHttpProxy>
Whilst you are looking at this part of the code, could you implement system proxy details pass through for the user credentials as well?

Without knowing how you are implementing your call to the update server, I can't provide a full code sample but, as a starting point, to access the system proxy settings you can use:

Code:
System.Net.CredentialCache.DefaultCredentials
Shevek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2012, 18:16   #2795  |  Link
Zathor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSoft View Post
1. I noticed that when the audio in the avi was muxed with delay (positive or negative) Oneclick gives an error and was not able to extract the audio.
2. Sometimes all seems to go on well, but at the end (but not always) the muxed mp4 files was not in syncro though the avi was perfect.
Please post the log and also try an older FFMS build (like 2.17).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shevek View Post
If you check the Use Proxy option in settings but don't enter server details then you get an error the next time MeGUI is launched
Thx, fixed in 2254.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shevek View Post
Whilst you are looking at this part of the code, could you implement system proxy details pass through for the user credentials as well?
As I do not have a proxy I cannot test it. If you can provide a patch I will implement it. The relevant code part is core\gui\UpdateWindow.cs:1270

Code:
                    WebClient serverClient = new WebClient();
                    WebProxy wprox = null;
                    ICredentials icred = null;
                    if (meGUISettings.HttpProxyUid != null)
                        icred = new NetworkCredential(meGUISettings.HttpProxyUid, meGUISettings.HttpProxyPwd);
                    wprox = new WebProxy(meGUISettings.HttpProxyAddress + ":" + meGUISettings.HttpProxyPort, true, null, icred);
                    WebRequest.DefaultWebProxy = wprox;
                    serverClient.Proxy = wprox;
Old 30th December 2012, 18:18   #2796  |  Link
Shevek

Quote:
As I do not have a proxy I cannot test it. If you can provide a patch I will implement it. The relevant code part is core\gui\UpdateWindow.cs:1270

Code:
                    WebClient serverClient = new WebClient();
                    WebProxy wprox = null;
                    ICredentials icred = null;
                    if (meGUISettings.HttpProxyUid != null)
                        icred = new NetworkCredential(meGUISettings.HttpProxyUid, meGUISettings.HttpProxyPwd);
                    wprox = new WebProxy(meGUISettings.HttpProxyAddress + ":" + meGUISettings.HttpProxyPort, true, null, icred);
                    WebRequest.DefaultWebProxy = wprox;
                    serverClient.Proxy = wprox;
I only have a proxy at work, so I'll do some tests tomorrow and get back to you
Shevek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2012, 19:06   #2797  |  Link
hello_hello

Zathor,
I just updated to version 2253 and the adjustments to the resizing are great. Thanks! But.......

The calculations for the aspect ratio/error must be a little off at times.
16:9 PAL DVDs resized to 704x396 show an aspect error of 0%, which is correct, yet if you open a video of different dimensions, tell MeGUI the input aspect ratio is 16:9 and resize to 704x396 again, it shows a slight aspect ratio error. A very tiny one admittedly but 704x396 is still exactly 16:9 regardless of the input resolution.
The one which stands out the most is when resizing 4:3 DVDs to 640x480. The aspect ratio error shown is 0.13%. Oddly enough I opened a 704x384 AVI and told MeGUI it's input aspect ratio was 4:3, and a 640x480 resize showed a 0% aspect ratio error. I've sometimes wondered in the past if the aspect ratio MeGUI adds to the script was just a little off.....

A couple of little nitpicks if I may......
The anamorphic "to the selected mod" change works well, only using the undercrop and overcrop anamorphic options you can't actually select the mod because it's greyed out. I guess the "selected mod" setting is connected to the resizing so maybe it's not worth worrying about, but I'm OCD when it comes to consistency.
The anamorphic options aside from "resize to" disable the resizing, but the resize fields sometimes turn red when you crop. Maybe fixing that is already on your to-do list?

Anyhow..... thanks once more.
hello_hello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2012, 19:40   #2798  |  Link
hello_hello

While I'm here......

When you open a video via DirectShow MeGUI automatically adds frame rate conversion to the script, which I think is a good idea, but I've often wondered, why not do the same thing for ffmsindex? AVISource uses Assumefps instead, although maybe there's a good reason for that, but given ffmsindex can open all kinds of video including AVIs, I can't think of a reason why adding it's own frame rate conversion to the script would be a bad idea. I'd assume if the video is CFR then adding it would make no difference, but if it's VFR at least MeGUI could encode it without losing audio sync. Am I missing something?

Cheers.
hello_hello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2012, 20:20   #2799  |  Link
Zathor

Quote:
The one which stands out the most is when resizing 4:3 DVDs to 640x480. The aspect ratio error shown is 0.13%. Oddly enough I opened a 704x384 AVI and told MeGUI it's input aspect ratio was 4:3, and a 640x480 resize showed a 0% aspect ratio error.
Changing the input AR did not refresh the aspect error calculation. That is now fixed. Beside that I can not reproduce your problem. Will test later.

Quote:
I've sometimes wondered in the past if the aspect ratio MeGUI adds to the script was just a little off.....
The calculation of the aspect error is complety new and has nothing in common with the other logic regarding SAR/PAR/DAR values which will be used and applied to the script for anamorphic encodings.

Quote:
The anamorphic "to the selected mod" change works well, only using the undercrop and overcrop anamorphic options you can't actually select the mod because it's greyed out.
Fixed

Quote:
The anamorphic options aside from "resize to" disable the resizing, but the resize fields sometimes turn red when you crop.
Also fixed - now the same logic as for the non-anamorphic upsizing takes place. Therefore the width/height will be reduced accordingly if upsizing is not enabled.

Thanks again for your feedback!
Old 31st December 2012, 00:40   #2800  |  Link
Zathor

Quote:
The one which stands out the most is when resizing 4:3 DVDs to 640x480. The aspect ratio error shown is 0.13%. Oddly enough I opened a 704x384 AVI and told MeGUI it's input aspect ratio was 4:3, and a 640x480 resize showed a 0% aspect ratio error.
When doing a non-anamorphic encode the target SAR is 1:1 (square pixel). Therefore the input video must be converted also to SAR 1:1 to get the aspect ratio error:
720x576 with an aspect ratio of 4:3 has a SAR of 16/15 which results in 768x576 in SAR 1:1. Therefore you have an slight error with 640x480. Instead an 704x384 4:3 file has a SAR of 8/11 resulting in 512x384 for square pixels - wich is the same as 640x480 and therefore 0% aspect ratio error.

Quote:
When you open a video via DirectShow MeGUI automatically adds frame rate conversion to the script, which I think is a good idea, but I've often wondered, why not do the same thing for ffmsindex?
Adding AssumeFPS can cause problem with telecined video as FFMS will alter the frame rate. At least that is the reason I remeber.