Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 16th March 2011, 17:39   #11541  |  Link
omegaman7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJB View Post
Try your BD_Rebuilder folder and open HIDDENOPTS.TXT
THanks man. And to think in all my searching, I didn't see it. I won't lose it again!
omegaman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2011, 18:55   #11542  |  Link
The_Unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
I've never seen or heard of that kind of issue. I'll have to see if I can find that series/disc for testing. Which disc is showing the symptom?
I'm having this problem in "King of Queens - Season 2" on both Blu-Ray-Discs. It's exactly this set: http://www.amazon.de/King-Queens-Sea...0297929&sr=8-1

I the latest version of 13th March I'm having a new problem:

"Failed to retrieve audio, aborted" in Title 0009. That never happened before the latest version.

In the next days I'll try "King of Queens - Season 3" and look if there's the same error.

Any idea ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by setarip_old View Post
@The_Unknown

Hi! And how does the BD-RB-converted BD play on your standalone player?
I don't own one at the moment, sorry.
The_Unknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2011, 19:43   #11543  |  Link
omegaman7

Yeah! Got her running. Haali gave me trouble for some reason. So I uninstalled it, deleted the program folder, and deleted some registry settings, and Voila! My primary is running it's first Bd encode, with only 3 threads. I'm concerned about my Northbridge temp. I plan to somehow include it in my water loop.
Old 16th March 2011, 20:17   #11544  |  Link
Eyedoctor2

Question Blue Ray- DVD

When searching videohelp for a blue ray to DVD tool (http://www.videohelp.com/tools?conve...ray%20to%20DVD) BD Rebuilder is listed first.

Does BD Rebuilder do blue ray to standard DVD (480p) or only blue ray to AVCHD burned to a DVD disc?

If it does blue ray to standard DVD, can you please show me how to set this up? I have gone through the options and can't figure out how.

Thanks for your two great products!
Eyedoctor2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2011, 20:25   #11545  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyedoctor2 View Post
When searching videohelp for a blue ray to DVD tool (http://www.videohelp.com/tools?conve...ray%20to%20DVD) BD Rebuilder is listed first.

Does BD Rebuilder do blue ray to standard DVD (480p) or only blue ray to AVCHD burned to a DVD disc?

If it does blue ray to standard DVD, can you please show me how to set this up? I have gone through the options and can't figure out how.

Thanks for your two great products!
Start BD-RB, click "Mode", Alternate Movie-Only Output, select DVD-5 or DVD-9.
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2011, 20:29   #11546  |  Link
Eyedoctor2

Question Blue Ray- DVD

Thanks Caps!
Eyedoctor2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2011, 00:06   #11547  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Unknown View Post
I'm having this problem in "King of Queens - Season 2" on both Blu-Ray-Discs. It's exactly this set: http://www.amazon.de/King-Queens-Sea...0297929&sr=8-1

I the latest version of 13th March I'm having a new problem:

"Failed to retrieve audio, aborted" in Title 0009. That never happened before the latest version.

In the next days I'll try "King of Queens - Season 3" and look if there's the same error.

Any idea ?

I don't own one at the moment, sorry.
I asked "which disc?" -- I know it's "King of Queens - Season 2" -- but I assume there is more than one disc.
Old 17th March 2011, 00:52   #11548  |  Link
The_Unknown

Quote:
I asked "which disc?" -- I know it's "King of Queens - Season 2" -- but I assume there is more than one disc.
Quote:
I'm having this problem in "King of Queens - Season 2" on both Blu-Ray-Discs.
There are 2 discs in the set and the problem is in both of the discs (after rebuilding, not before).
Old 17th March 2011, 06:14   #11549  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
There are 2 discs in the set and the problem is in both of the discs (after rebuilding, not before).
I ordered it the set. Hopefully I'll get it tomorrow or the next day. I'll run it and see what I find. Unfortunately, though, the donations lately aren't even covering the discs I'm having to buy... I'm not sure how much longer I can keep this up. I hope I can repeat it -- the one I ordered is NTSC and has 3 discs.

[Edit] Damn. I just realized the one I ordered was DVD, not BD. I don't even think "King of Queens - Season 2" has been released on Blu-Ray in the U.S. Not sure what I can do.

Last edited by jdobbs; 17th March 2011 at 06:24.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2011, 06:18   #11550  |  Link
omegaman7

I just sold my secondary computer Jdobbs. Count on getting another donation. Probably significantly larger than the last one. Without BD rebuilder, I won't even bother. DVD Fab gets pretty bad reviews from what I've seen.

Check your funds buddy. You deserve it. YOur software is nothing short of epic!

Last edited by omegaman7; 17th March 2011 at 06:24.
Old 17th March 2011, 12:45   #11551  |  Link
The_Unknown

Quote:
I ordered it the set. Hopefully I'll get it tomorrow or the next day. I'll run it and see what I find. Unfortunately, though, the donations lately aren't even covering the discs I'm having to buy... I'm not sure how much longer I can keep this up. I hope I can repeat it -- the one I ordered is NTSC and has 3 discs.

[Edit] Damn. I just realized the one I ordered was DVD, not BD. I don't even think "King of Queens - Season 2" has been released on Blu-Ray in the U.S. Not sure what I can do.
Wow, I never thought, you would buy the discs yourself. I'd never asked you to do so.

However, I searched a bit and saw, that you were right: King of Queens was (so it seems) never released on BD in the US. At least Amazon doesn't list it.

But nevermind, it's no problem at all. I'll just have to take care of my discs more
Old 17th March 2011, 13:53   #11552  |  Link
colinhunt

LPCM is still throwing curveballs, even to 0.37.06. The UK version of Deep Red (i.e. Profondo Rosso) has one VID (_00013) which contains four identical LPCM tracks. Tackling those produced this:

Code:
 - [06:23:51] Reencoding: VID_00013, Pass 1 of 2
 - [06:24:18] Reencoding: VID_00013, Pass 2 of 2
 - [06:25:11] Video Encode complete
 - [06:25:11] Reencoding audio tracks (if req'd)
 - [06:25:11] ReencodeAudio() 00075  1801
[14:04:06] - Failed to reencode audio, aborted
MediaInfo says this of the WAV file:

Code:
General
Complete name                    : F:\BDRB_OUTPUT\WORKFILES\00013.track_4352.wav
Format                           : Wave
File size                        : 10.1 MiB
Duration                         : 55s 10ms
Overall bit rate                 : 1 536 Kbps

Audio
ID                               : 0
Format                           : PCM
Format settings, Endianness      : Little
Format settings, Sign            : Signed
Codec ID                         : 00001000-0000-0100-8000-00AA00389B71
Codec ID/Hint                    : Microsoft
Duration                         : 55s 10ms
Bit rate mode                    : Constant
Bit rate                         : 1 536 Kbps
Channel(s)                       : 2 channels
Channel positions                : Front: L R
Sampling rate                    : 48.0 KHz
Bit depth                        : 16 bits
Stream size                      : 10.1 MiB (100%)
Earlier the issue seemed to be limited to very short audio files only, but this one's almost a minute long.

Also like before, it seems the first file did get encoded into AC3 as there's a "AUD_00013_4352.AC3" with proper length in the workfiles directory. This means I can save the project by making three copies of the AC3 file and renaming them accordingly, then resuming the project.

VID_00013 is actually the background for main menu. Should LPCM be kept as-is because of that?

Last edited by colinhunt; 17th March 2011 at 14:02.
colinhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2011, 23:19   #11553  |  Link
A.Fenderson

Quote:
Unfortunately, though, the donations lately aren't even covering the discs I'm having to buy... I'm not sure how much longer I can keep this up.
Thanks for letting us know--I love this software, and would hate to see development stop. Donation sent.
A.Fenderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2011, 23:50   #11554  |  Link
Sharc

@jdobbs
BD-RB v0.37.06.
Source is 1080i25fps. Alternate output to PAL DVD5.
Script:
Code:
#Created by BD Rebuilder - v0.37.06 (beta)
DirectshowSource("K:\BD MOVIES\BD THE IMAGINARIUM OF DOCTOR PARNASSUS\BDMV\STREAM\00003.m2ts", fps=25, framecount=175445, audio=false)
Sharpen(0.15)
ConvertToYV12()
LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\VIDEO\BD_Rebuilder\tools\decomb521.dll")
FieldDeinterlace(blend=false)
BilinearResize(720,576)
ConvertToYV12().AssumeFPS(50000,1000)
Shouldn't it be AssumeFPS(25000,1000) for a PAL DVD? FieldDeinterlace is not a bobber as I understand.
The encoded .m2v plays at double speed.
Sorry if I got this wrong.
Sharc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2011, 05:17   #11555  |  Link
jdobbs

Yes it should be. I'm not sure how that can happen, I'll have a look at it. Can you post your settings (from the INI file)?

[Edit] I just looked at the code, and the only time that can be inserted is if resizing (to 720p) is selected. Hmmm... maybe it's the combination of that setting and output to DVD that is the issue. It get's pretty complicated across all the modules with all the settings that can conflict with each other.

Try deselecting any resizing options in SETUP and see if that fixes it. If so, please report back.

[Edit again] Yep. That was it. I've corrected it for the next release.

Last edited by jdobbs; 18th March 2011 at 05:38.
Old 18th March 2011, 19:38   #11556  |  Link
MickJT

Seeing as this is the bug reporting thread, and i've found the exact (nearly) cause now, I can report a bug in here.

Known affected systems: Windows 7 64bit

BD-Rebuilder is unable to fix the DirectShow and ffdshow filter/codec settings if Win7DSFilterTweaker has been used.

Workaround solution, run FF_RESET.BAT. After that, BD-Rebuilder will be able to fix the settings properly.
Old 18th March 2011, 19:47   #11557  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickJT View Post
Seeing as this is the bug reporting thread, and i've found the exact (nearly) cause now, I can report a bug in here.

Known affected systems: Windows 7 64bit

BD-Rebuilder is unable to fix the DirectShow and ffdshow filter/codec settings if Win7DSFilterTweaker has been used.

Workaround solution, run FF_RESET.BAT. After that, BD-Rebuilder will be able to fix the settings properly.
As I said in the other thread. How is this a bug in BD Rebuilder? The issue is Win7DSFilterTweaker and isn't my problem. I can't go around trying to fix issues caused by every other piece of software on the planet????

The fix (as far as I'm concerned) is to not use Win7DSFilterTweaker. A good guess woudl be that it screws with rights and doesn't reset them properly.

Last edited by jdobbs; 18th March 2011 at 19:50.
Old 18th March 2011, 19:51   #11558  |  Link
MickJT

It just demonstrates there are situations in which BD-Rebuilder may not be able to modify the registry keys, and still says it was sucessful when it wasn't.

It's still a BD-Rebuilder bug, at least to say it was successful, if not anything else.

Win7DSFilterTweaker is just 1 tool that presented the bug. It could be anything. Who knows what is out there that someone may have installed prior to BD-Rebuilder that prevents it from modifying the keys.

Running FF_RESET does something which allows it to work again, so it is fixable.

I had a feeling you would say "don't use Win7DSFilterTweaker". This isn't the problem. The problem is whatever it is, there are situations where BD-Rebuilder will think it has fixed the filters and it hasn't.

This has nothing to do with Win7DSFilterTweaker which is merely what was used to present and cause this problem. No doubt one of many tools and ways that this can happen.
Old 18th March 2011, 19:54   #11559  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickJT View Post
It just demonstrates there are situations in which BD-Rebuilder may not be able to modify the registry keys, and still says it was sucessful when it wasn't.

It's still a BD-Rebuilder bug, at least to say it was successful, if not anything else.

Win7DSFilterTweaker is just 1 tool that presented the bug. It could be anything. Who knows what is out there that someone may have installed prior to BD-Rebuilder that prevents it from modifying the keys.

Running FF_RESET does something which allows it to work again, so it is fixable.

I had a feeling you would say "don't use Win7DSFilterTweaker". This isn't the problem. The problem is whatever it is, there are situations where BD-Rebuilder will think it has fixed the filters and it hasn't.

This has nothing to do with Win7DSFilterTweaker which is merely what was used to present and cause this problem. No doubt one of many tools and ways that this can happen.
Ok... let's look at this scenario. Suppose you run another piece of software and it reformats your hard drive. Oh no! BD Rebuilder will no longer run! Does that mean it is a bug in BD Rebuilder and I have to somehow make it restore your hard drive?

Of course not -- that's a ridiculous thought. But it is essentially what you are telling me.

The problem isn't mine to worry about and I WILL NOT SPEND TIME TRYING TO FIX OTHER PEOPLES ISSUES.

Sorry if that's not what you want to hear. But it is the answer. End of story.

Last edited by jdobbs; 18th March 2011 at 19:57.
Old 18th March 2011, 20:00   #11560  |  Link
MickJT

Quote:
Ok... let's look at this scenario. Suppose you run another piece of software and it reformats your hard drive. Oh no! BD Rebuilder will no longer run! Does that mean it is a bug in BD Rebuilder and I have to somehow make it restore your hard drive?
You're being ridiculous.

Quote:
Of course not -- that's a ridiculous thought.
Damn right.

Quote:
But it is essentially what you are telling me.
No.

Quote:
The problem isn't mine to worry about and I WILL NOT SPEND TIME TRYING TO FIX OTHER PEOPLES ISSUES.
Then what is this thread for? It's to fix bugs.

Quote:
Sorry if that's not what you want to hear. But it is fact. End of story.
This is a bug. In some circumstances BD-Rebuilder says "Your Windows 7 system has been successfully configured to use FFSHOW with BD Rebuilder." when that is not true. THAT is a fact. THAT is a bug.

The cause of it is irrelevant.

There was a time BD-Rebuilder didn't work on Windows 7. The solution then wasn't to use Windows XP. I consider that a workaround while BD-Rebuilder is fixed to work on Windows 7. Similar thing.

When software can be compromised by a buffer overflow, that is considered a bug. The solution isn't to not overflow the buffer, it's to stop the buffer overflow from occurring in the first place. Anyway, I won't be cross-posting anymore. This issue can stay in this thread.

As said, the tool I used is just a way to replicate the issue, but the issue could be caused by a number of things. Probably was something else that caused it for other people.

Last edited by MickJT; 18th March 2011 at 20:38. Reason: Typo fix, no new content.