Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 23rd September 2009, 03:06   #5321  |  Link
Brian5970

1st post on the BD-Rebuilder, but I've been doing "movie only" most of the time. Works great, and the improvements are great! Right on Jdobbs! I find I do need to activate the "stricter AVC" option for the discs to play on my samsung player.

In regard to Windows 7 - I'm running 64 bit ultimate and just re-installed the avi-synth and matroska. VERY important to have the vc-1 turned off on ffdshow! It does work good with that WMV11. The boys at Microsoft have come up with a pretty nifty codec for HD playback on the media player here - uses almost no CPU to run a movie in HD. I was impressed. It also appears that win7 does have the same vista-like hang-up with the program being installed on the same drive as the os.

Hope this helped...
Brian5970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2009, 13:42   #5322  |  Link
samtroy

@jdobbs

Before I run some more tests, could you be so kind and tell me what this file from the workfolder is for:

AUD_00000_4352.AVS

#Created by BD Rebuilder - v0.29.05 (beta)
LoadPlugin("D:\BD Rebuilder\tools\nicaudio.dll")
audio=NicAC3Source("00000.track_4352.ac3").Amplify(1.2)
audio = (AudioChannels(audio) > 6) ? GetChannel(audio,1,2,3,4,5,6) : audio
audio

What's exactly happening there?
samtroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2009, 13:45   #5323  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by samtroy View Post
@jdobbs

Before I run some more tests, could you be so kind and tell me what this file from the workfolder is for:

AUD_00000_4352.AVS

#Created by BD Rebuilder - v0.29.05 (beta)
LoadPlugin("D:\BD Rebuilder\tools\nicaudio.dll")
audio=NicAC3Source("00000.track_4352.ac3").Amplify(1.2)
audio = (AudioChannels(audio) > 6) ? GetChannel(audio,1,2,3,4,5,6) : audio
audio

What's exactly happening there?
That file is the AVISYNTH script that is used when/if audio reencoding is done. It is always created for any audio stream that has been selected, even if the audio isn't being reencoded. The number (4352) is the Packet Identifier (PID) for that specific audio stream (within the original M2TS file). The "00000" indicates which M2TS contains that stream ("00000.M2TS).

You can open it with Media Player Classic or Microsoft Media Player and it will convert the AC3 to PCM and play it back. When reencoding, this script feeds that audio as PCM to the AC3 encoder.

Last edited by jdobbs; 23rd September 2009 at 13:55.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2009, 14:21   #5324  |  Link
samtroy

OK, thanks. That's what I was thinking.

Funny thing is that I demuxed the AC3 audio from BD Rebuilder's BD9 output and compared it with the freshly demuxed AC3 track from the original movie. Result: They were NOT identical (I used AC3Tool). The BDR AC3 had a different dialog level (-31db compared to -27db on the original) and the Mixlevel info was missing completely. So it has been re-encoded using that Avisynth script! Although the AC3 re-encode setting in BDR was turned off (I checked 100 times)!

But I'm doing new tests with a different movie on a freshly installed OS as we speak..
Old 23rd September 2009, 15:08   #5325  |  Link
drjake

Problem with Coraline

I tried to do a BD25 Movie Only back up of Coraline (VC-1) and failed. I have successfully done other movie only backups, but with this one the Disc immediately stops after the player or Windvd reads it. I burned the disc with Imgburn. If I play the mts file with media player it works fine. However, if I try to play the disc, my BD35 and Windvd correctly identify the disc as Blu-Ray but it gets no further than that. On Windvd, once it reads the disc, the player says "Stop" and it won't go any further. The BD35 just gets no further than identifying the disc as a BD. Any thoughts as to what is going on?
drjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2009, 15:34   #5326  |  Link
nurbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by samtroy View Post
The BDR AC3 had a different dialog level (-31db compared to -27db on the original) and the Mixlevel info was missing completely.
Different dialog normalization doesn't mean it was reencoded. It's just a tag that can be changed. Most software changes it to -31db (= no normalization) by default for various reasons I don't want to list now (look in the audio subforum if you are interested). The same may be true for the mixlevel, but I'm not sure about that.
nurbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2009, 16:16   #5327  |  Link
samtroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurbs View Post
Different dialog normalization doesn't mean it was reencoded. It's just a tag that can be changed. Most software changes it to -31db (= no normalization) by default for various reasons I don't want to list now (look in the audio subforum if you are interested). The same may be true for the mixlevel, but I'm not sure about that.
Of course you are right. But it proves that the used AC3 for the final muxing was not the original, untouched one (like it should have been). And just like jdobbs explained, the AviSynth file in question feeds the AC3 as PCM to the AC3 encoder (even with an amplify command added!). Very suspicious indeed ..

But like I said, maybe its an problem on my end. I'm doing some tests right now..

Last edited by samtroy; 23rd September 2009 at 16:24.
Old 23rd September 2009, 18:25   #5328  |  Link
TRONDROM

Need help. I just want to make sure that I'm using the correct BD-RB Setup settings for a BD-25 encode. I've done about 15 so far and ten of them have come out fine, but five will not load or play in my Sony BDP-S300. I looked at the BD-Rebuilder notes and I get this error GUI issue, no hWnd returned. I will tell you that since I've updated to the newest version I've haven't had any problem, but just want to make sure that the bottom settings I'm using are the best settings for making a BD-25 full disc copy with DTS audio and one subtitle stream only.

Here are the settings I'm using.

Do not convert DTS to AC3 is checked.
Do not reencode AC3 is checked
Keep HD Audio for BD25 output is checked
Target size is BD-25 is checked

Configuration/INI Settings
[Options]
RESIZE=0
MODE=0
TARGET_SIZE=23000
AUDIO_TO_KEEP=eng;
SUBS_TO_KEEP=eng;
COLOR_BOOST=0
RESIZE_1080=0
DTS_REENCODE=0
AC3_REENCODE=0
AC3_640=1
KEEP_HD_AUDIO=1
AVCHD=0
REMOVE_WORKFILES=1
AUDIO_TRACK_LIMIT=1
SUBTITLE_TRACK_LIMIT=1
CUSTOM_TARGET_SIZE=23450
PROCESS_SECONDARY=0
VERBOSE_STATUS=1
SD_CONVERT=0

Is there anything wrong with these settings? I just want DTS English and English subtitles only, want all extras of the Bluray but AC3 sound is fine for the extras.

Just don't understand why some come out okay and others don't.

Also I use AnyDVD HD to remove Region Codes and remove any protection.

Last edited by TRONDROM; 23rd September 2009 at 18:32.
TRONDROM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2009, 18:56   #5329  |  Link
DK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian5970 View Post
I find I do need to activate the "stricter AVC" option for the discs to play on my samsung player.
Samsung player dont like AUXDATA folder; strict avchd is a wise move for BD5/9 and depending on the model stay away from booktyping to -rom.
DK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2009, 19:09   #5330  |  Link
samtroy

@jdobbs

OK, I've managed to reproduce the AC3 reencoding error:

First I did an BD5 backup of the movie with only *one* AC3 and subtitle track (eng), AC3 re-encode OFF, movie-only, no batch.

Everything was OK, no re-encoded/new AC3 track in the workfolder. The original AC3 track was used for the final muxing. No problems at all!

But...

Then I did the same movie again but now I changed the following things:

- not one but *two* AC3 and subtitle tracks (eng+ger)
- not BD5 but BD9
- I set MKV_INTERMEDIATE=0

All other settings stayed exactly the same!

And now BD Rebuilder DID re-encode the AC3 tracks although AC3 re-encoding was turned OFF in the settings! I ended up with *four* AC3 files in the workfolder, not two. I even made a screenshot of the processing which I attached for proof!

So there must be a bug somewhere which leads to the unwanted re-encoding of the AC3 tracks. Somewhere in the audio selection maybe, when *more than one* AC3/sub track is selected?

I hope you can trace it down..
Attached Images

Last edited by samtroy; 24th September 2009 at 10:03.
Old 23rd September 2009, 19:23   #5331  |  Link
turbojet

There's been reports of the samsung auxdata issue fixed in the july batch of firmwares for all but the BD-P1000. Are you guys using July or newer firmwares?

Also seems BD-Px600 series play mkv/mp4 with a firmware update.

Thanks jdobbs for the assumefps, now eac3to doesn't throw errors and panasonic/samsung 24p may just work now. It should be safe to remove --fps from the x264 command if you want, it has no effect either way.

Also I see that 20000 is max bitrate for BD25 is that right?
If so it takes over 2.5 hours of video\audio to fill a BD25 which could be the cause of the undersizing reports.

Last edited by turbojet; 23rd September 2009 at 19:48.
turbojet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2009, 02:54   #5332  |  Link
Capsbackup

@jdobbs;
I am trying to do a full movie backup to BD-25, and test the new option to convert SD to HD (720p). When I select this box and select save changes, the box does not stay checked/selected.

EDIT:
The INI does seem to get the call though, SD_CONVERT=1.
If I close BD-RB, then reopen, box is not checked, but INI still says SD_CONVERT=1.
If I open BD-RB, select the box, then deselect the box, click save changes, then the INI says SD_CONVERT=0.
So appears to be working in the INI just not the GUI.

Last edited by Capsbackup; 24th September 2009 at 03:46.
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2009, 05:56   #5333  |  Link
Sn8kbordin

Quote:
Originally Posted by setarip_old View Post
@skylab1

Hi!

What version of "AnyDVDHD" did you use?

I ask because according to postings at the SlySoft forum, a proper rip requires the use of v.6.5.8.1 beta...
The current one is version 6.5.8.2, 2009-09-10.
Is this one good?
Sn8kbordin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2009, 06:44   #5334  |  Link
setarip_old

@Sn8kbordin

Hi!
Quote:
The current one is version 6.5.8.2, 2009-09-10. Is this one good?
Logically, yes - unless a new bug was introduced with the new beta.

The only way to be sure is to try it ;>}
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2009, 12:37   #5335  |  Link
jc243

Great Work.

I have a project with multiple audio, and only select those who wanted to randomly deleting some, on the top menu does not work when I select that I want or to select another of the erased this works.

Example

Select French and Spanish is heard and if I select Spanish it does not sound.

Is possible add a blank audio on delete track?

Last edited by jc243; 24th September 2009 at 12:40.
jc243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2009, 13:55   #5336  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRONDROM View Post
Need help. I just want to make sure that I'm using the correct BD-RB Setup settings for a BD-25 encode. I've done about 15 so far and ten of them have come out fine, but five will not load or play in my Sony BDP-S300. I looked at the BD-Rebuilder notes and I get this error GUI issue, no hWnd returned. I will tell you that since I've updated to the newest version I've haven't had any problem, but just want to make sure that the bottom settings I'm using are the best settings for making a BD-25 full disc copy with DTS audio and one subtitle stream only.

Here are the settings I'm using.

Do not convert DTS to AC3 is checked.
Do not reencode AC3 is checked
Keep HD Audio for BD25 output is checked
Target size is BD-25 is checked

Configuration/INI Settings
[Options]
RESIZE=0
MODE=0
TARGET_SIZE=23000
AUDIO_TO_KEEP=eng;
SUBS_TO_KEEP=eng;
COLOR_BOOST=0
RESIZE_1080=0
DTS_REENCODE=0
AC3_REENCODE=0
AC3_640=1
KEEP_HD_AUDIO=1
AVCHD=0
REMOVE_WORKFILES=1
AUDIO_TRACK_LIMIT=1
SUBTITLE_TRACK_LIMIT=1
CUSTOM_TARGET_SIZE=23450
PROCESS_SECONDARY=0
VERBOSE_STATUS=1
SD_CONVERT=0

Is there anything wrong with these settings? I just want DTS English and English subtitles only, want all extras of the Bluray but AC3 sound is fine for the extras.

Just don't understand why some come out okay and others don't.

Also I use AnyDVD HD to remove Region Codes and remove any protection.
I would get rid of the "SUBS_TO_KEEP=eng;" and "SUBTITLE_TRACK_LIMIT=1". Sometimes the PGS's are used for other functions. In most cases it's best (especailly in BD-25) to keep all subtitles.
Old 24th September 2009, 14:02   #5337  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbojet View Post
There's been reports of the samsung auxdata issue fixed in the july batch of firmwares for all but the BD-P1000. Are you guys using July or newer firmwares?

Also seems BD-Px600 series play mkv/mp4 with a firmware update.

Thanks jdobbs for the assumefps, now eac3to doesn't throw errors and panasonic/samsung 24p may just work now. It should be safe to remove --fps from the x264 command if you want, it has no effect either way.

Also I see that 20000 is max bitrate for BD25 is that right?
If so it takes over 2.5 hours of video\audio to fill a BD25 which could be the cause of the undersizing reports.
The maximum average bitrate for BD25 should be set to 35000 with a the maximum peak bitrate is 40000. But I'll make sure I haven't screwed it up. I changed it once (in several places) to 20000/25000 to accommodate moving to level 4.0 before the new "--slices" option was added to X264 -- it's possible I may have missed changing it back somewhere. I'll take a look at it.

[Edit] Yep. The maximum was set to 20000. Actually I think I did that a long time ago... I'll change it for the next release, but I'll have to figure out a good tradeoff. I was being cautious because the maximum combined bitrate for all streams (primary, secondary, audio and PGS) has to stay under 48000 Kbs. With a 5.1 LPCM audio up around 6MBs for a track and a secondary video track at 8Mbs it can gets a little risky at 35000/40000.

Last edited by jdobbs; 24th September 2009 at 14:44.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2009, 14:05   #5338  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsbackup View Post
@jdobbs;
I am trying to do a full movie backup to BD-25, and test the new option to convert SD to HD (720p). When I select this box and select save changes, the box does not stay checked/selected.

EDIT:
The INI does seem to get the call though, SD_CONVERT=1.
If I close BD-RB, then reopen, box is not checked, but INI still says SD_CONVERT=1.
If I open BD-RB, select the box, then deselect the box, click save changes, then the INI says SD_CONVERT=0.
So appears to be working in the INI just not the GUI.
There's probably a syntax error in the line where it is read in SETUP. I'll look at it.
Old 24th September 2009, 14:32   #5339  |  Link
jefrey

I have a strange playback issue with le dobermann bluray. i have to skip the playback several times (intro, and other titles.)..until Title 3 starts to play, and that is the movie itself.
and the second issue is, thats extremly undersized 16gb @20000kbs max bitrate.
jefrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2009, 14:57   #5340  |  Link
drjake

Coraline Problems.

I tried again with Coraline forcing a reencode to see if it had something to do with the VC-1. It still will not play in any standalone nor in Windvd. As soon as you press play it immediately stops and shows "Stop" on the screen. This is the only BD that has not worked for me. Here are my log file and ini files:

-----------------------
[10:53:51] BD Rebuilder v0.29.04 (beta)
- Source: CORALINE
- Input BD size: 19.28 GB
- Approximate total content: [01:40:36.238]
- Target BD size: 22.46 GB
- MOVIE-ONLY mode enabled
[10:53:51] PHASE ONE, Encoding
- [10:53:51] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00010]
- [11:28:56] Reencoding: VID_00010 (1 of 1)
[11:37:46]PHASE ONE complete
[11:37:46]PHASE TWO - Rebuild Started
- [11:37:46] Rebuilding BD file Structure
[11:58:21] - Encode and Rebuild complete
- WORKFILES folder removed.
[11:58:21]JOB: CORALINE finished.

[Options]
RESIZE=0
MODE=1
TARGET_SIZE=23000
AUDIO_TO_KEEP=eng;
SUBS_TO_KEEP=
TRELLIS=1
COLOR_BOOST=0
RESIZE_1080=0
DTS_REENCODE=0
AC3_REENCODE=0
AC3_640=1
KEEP_HD_AUDIO=1
AVCHD=1
REMOVE_WORKFILES=1
AUDIO_TRACK_LIMIT=1
SUBTITLE_TRACK_LIMIT=0
CUSTOM_TARGET_SIZE=23450
FORCE_ENCODE=1
[Paths]
SOURCE_PATH=C:\CORALINE\CORALINE\
WORKING_PATH=C:\TEMP\

Anybody have any ideas what is going on here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjake View Post
I tried to do a BD25 Movie Only back up of Coraline (VC-1) and failed. I have successfully done other movie only backups, but with this one the Disc immediately stops after the player or Windvd reads it. I burned the disc with Imgburn. If I play the mts file with media player it works fine. However, if I try to play the disc, my BD35 and Windvd correctly identify the disc as Blu-Ray but it gets no further than that. On Windvd, once it reads the disc, the player says "Stop" and it won't go any further. The BD35 just gets no further than identifying the disc as a BD. Any thoughts as to what is going on?
drjake is offline   Reply With Quote