Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 4th October 2018, 11:16   #1501  |  Link
vadlerg

Thank You r0lZ for your time.
I've made some short very high quality HEVC encodings (big files) for testing. The video sequence is quite fast moving so if there are significant quality differences between half and full T&B better to be spotted. I know it may be a little bit off topic but uploaded and sharing them for testing.
Here is half-T&B SAR1:1 and full-T&B SAR1:2 for testing best on passive 4K TV set.

In the BD3D2MK3D package I've changed the FRIMSource and x265 to the latest available versions.
For full T&B in settings menu - Full-SBS/T&B aspect ratio selection chosen 'Use respectively 1:2 and 2:1' but it set SAR 2:1 in _ENCODE_3D.cmd which is not correct for my 4k LG TV so edited the CMD to SAR 1:2.
Obviously full T&B should be better looking (twice the vertical resolution and so twice the file size). Please check for yourself if interested.
vadlerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2018, 12:44   #1502  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

OK, thanks. But my active TV doesn't support Full-T&B or Full-SBS, so I'm not the right person to check your samples. Sorry.
r0lZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2018, 22:07   #1503  |  Link
topjes

Program error

Hi, can not find any solution online to this error. Windows 7 x64 Ultimate.

Code:
Encoding movie in 3D
Movie: Goosebumps 2015 1080p 3D CEE Blu-ray AVC DTS-HD MA 5.1-HDClub
Encoding started 2018-10-07 23:03:19,72

c:\Dane\Goosebumps 2015 1080p 3D CEE Blu-ray AVC DTS-HD MA 5.1-HDClub\MKV3D>"C:\
Program Files (x86)\BD3D2MK3D\toolset\avs2yuv.exe"   "__ENCODE_3D_MOVIE.avs" -fr
ames 148560 -o -     | "C:\Program Files (x86)\BD3D2MK3D\toolset\x265_x64.exe" -
-output-depth 10   --crf 16 --preset veryslow   --no-sao   --sar 1:1 --range lim
ited --colorprim bt709 --qpfile chapters_3D.qpfile --frames 148560 --fps 24000/1
001   --output "MKV3D_3D.265" --y4m -

Avisynth error:
ERROR: unknown error (-1),      ..\frim_decode\src\pipeline_decode.cpp (191)

ERROR: unknown error (-1),      ..\frim_decode\src\pipeline_decode.cpp (786)

(__ENCODE_3D_MOVIE.avs, line 21)
x265 [error]: unable to open input file <->
Encoding finished 2018-10-07 23:03:21,25

c:\Dane\Goosebumps 2015 1080p 3D CEE Blu-ray AVC DTS-HD MA 5.1-HDClub\MKV3D>"C:\
Program Files (x86)\BD3D2MK3D\toolset\mkvmerge.exe" @__MUX_3D_OPTIONS.json   | "
C:\Program Files (x86)\BD3D2MK3D\toolset\tee.exe" "MKV3D_3D.mkvmerge.log"
mkvmerge v22.0.0 ('At The End Of The World') 32-bit
Error: The file 'MKV3D_3D.265' could not be opened for reading: open file error.

Press any key to continue . . .
topjes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2018, 09:30   #1504  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Welcome to the Doom9 forums, topjes !

It seems that it's a problem with the FRIM decoder. Since I'm not the programmer of FRIM, I don't know exactly what is the cause of the error, but there are several things to investigate.
  • I have recently learned that the absence of the layout argument in the FRIMSource avisynth command may be the cause of some random crashes. I have already fixed that problem, but the version with the fix is not available yet. So, the first thing to try is to add that argument manually. Edit the __ENCODE_3D_MOVIE.avs file and add layout = "alt" at the end of the FRIMSource command, like this:
    interleaved = FRIMSource("mvc", [...], platform = "", layout = "alt")
    Relaunch __ENCODE_3D_LAUNCHER.cmd to verify if that works. Honestly, I'm not sure, as I have never had any problem without that argument, but try anyway.
  • If you have a recent Intel processor, FRIM tries probably to use the hardware acceleration. It may fail if you don't have the latest Intel drivers properly installed. Try to update them and relaunch __ENCODE_3D_LAUNCHER.cmd.
  • If that doesn't work, force FRIM to use the software decoder. Change the BD3D2MK3D config with Settings -> MVC Decoder -> Hardware Acceleration -> Disabled, and recreate the project.

If you don't want to recreate the project, you can also edit the __ENCODE_3D_MOVIE.avs file and change the platform argument in the line with interleaved = FRIMSource("mvc", [...], platform = "") to platform = "sw" and relaunch the encoding.
  • If you still get that error, try to use the DGMVCSource decoder : Settings -> MVC Decoder -> Use DGMVCSource.
    Again, try to use also the software decoder. Relaunch the project.

Or, if you prefer to just modify your current project to test if that works, edit __ENCODE_3D_MOVIE.avs and change this:
    Code:
    LoadPlugin("D:\Tcl\work\BD3D2MK3D\toolset\FRIMSource.dll")
    #LoadPlugin("D:\Tcl\work\BD3D2MK3D\toolset\DGMVCDecode.dll")

[...]

# Load the two video streams (137033 frames per stream)
    interleaved = FRIMSource("mvc", [...], platform = "")
    #interleaved = DGMVCSource([...], mode = "auto") # Old syntax for mode: hw = 0
    to this:
    Code:
    #LoadPlugin("D:\Tcl\work\BD3D2MK3D\toolset\FRIMSource.dll")
    LoadPlugin("D:\Tcl\work\BD3D2MK3D\toolset\DGMVCDecode.dll")

[...]

# Load the two video streams (137033 frames per stream)
    #interleaved = FRIMSource("mvc", [...], platform = "")
    interleaved = DGMVCSource([...], mode = "sw") # Old syntax for mode: hw = 0
    If that work, you can also try with mode = "auto" to use the hardware acceleration.
Can you tell me if it's the first time you use BD3D2MK3D, or if you have already converted some movies successfully ? In the second case, there is perhaps a problem with the BD. Are you sure it has been correctly decrypted ?
Or perhaps you have just updated the Intel drivers and the latest version has some bugs ? (It's not impossible with Intel!)

Anyway, let me know if one of the tricks above was sufficient to solve the problem.

Good luck !
Old 10th October 2018, 21:12   #1505  |  Link
Spo0cky ^^

Hello Guys, hopefully somebody here can help me.
I have the following problem.
I tried to convert a "3D Bluray" to "3D Mkv" which worked so far, until the last process.
There the program assembles the movie from the video track, the audio track, the subtitle track and the chapters.
Unfortunately, the program doesn't do that for me.
Is it possible to start the last process manually ?
If you need a log file, please tell me which file I need to post.

Greetz Spo0cky ^^
Spo0cky ^^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2018, 22:46   #1506  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Welcome to the Doom9 forums, Spo0cky ^^

BD3D2MK3D should have generated the file __MUX_3D.cmd, that is normally launched automatically after the encoding of the video (unless you have unticked the option "When encoding is finished, mux to MKV file" at the bottom of the last tab.)

Anyway, just double-click it to create the final MKV file.

If that doesn't work, edit that file and add the command "pause" (without the quotes) at the end of the file, and relaunch it. You should see an error message in the command prompt window. Post it here, and I'll try to understand what's going wrong. Also, verify if the file 00800_3D.264 exists in the project folder (00800 is the number of the playlist of the BD, and may be different.)

Last edited by r0lZ; 10th October 2018 at 22:50.