Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > VirtualDub, VDubMod & AviDemux

Old 25th October 2010, 13:56   #1  |  Link
Klagar

Avidemux - Cannot load job

Hi !

I made a PHP script that dynamically generates batches of job files to accelerate some steps which proved to be rather time-consuming in Avidemux. The problem is my files seem to be correct, all the info is there and everything, but the job will start but crash immediately, telling me : Press OK to have bug details, or something similar. And when I press OK Avidemux closes and nothing else happens.

My thought : when I manually open the MP4 files I want to work on, Avidemux gives me a couple warnings, saying :

H.264 detected : If the file is using B-frames it can lead to crash or stuttering. Avidemux can use another mode [...] Do you want to use that mode ?
(I usually say no, it gives me less accuracy.)

Then another message pops, saying :

You should use Tool->Rebuild frame. Do it now ?
To which I also usually choose no.

The exact messages are not important. What's important is, my pseudo-educated guess would be that the job won't work with those source files since I "am not there to answer these questions" at the opening.

Can anyone confirm that I am right/wrong ? And is there any way to force a specific response or to tell Avidemux to bypass or ignore those warnings ?

I think I saw somewhere that there was a way to do it by entering some instructions in the command prompt. For now it is not an option for me, as the command prompt will not work on my machine for a variety of reasons. I don't say it will never work, but in the immediate present it doesn't. So what I'm looking for is either an instruction I could add to my .js job file, or an option in Avidemux itself.

Thanks !

Last edited by Klagar; 25th October 2010 at 14:11. Reason: More details
Klagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2010, 19:48   #2  |  Link
LoRd_MuldeR
Software Developer

If you run Avidemux from the command-line (avidemux2_cli.exe), then messages which require user interaction will appear in the console and you'll have to answer inside the console.

There are however special command-line parameters to suppress those messages. And if you want automated batch processing you are better off using those...

See:
http://www.avidemux.org/admWiki/doku...and_line_usage

Last edited by LoRd_MuldeR; 25th October 2010 at 20:09.
LoRd_MuldeR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
avidemux, javascript, job, mp4