Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Closed Thread

Old 22nd April 2019, 11:35   #361  |  Link
Z'Hadum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revan654 View Post
With Upscaling software there are limitations, You upscale the size and such, but what some may fail to notice is the finer details are usually removed. Like a small pattern on the wall or on the persons clothing. It's removed or flatten, it's sometimes hard to notice without comparing the two.

Then you can introduce other problems into the picture as well like artifacts(Which is very common on upscaling) and aliasing.

This is a double edge sword situation.
This is true for "conventional" up-scaling...
But this is a special A.I.-based Algorithm....and it is impressing what can be done with it.
I also hope to use something similar for old DVD releases in the near future.
Or may be some time in the future such algorithms can be used by software like madVR in real-time....
With it much better compression algorithms could be possible...

But all this is Off-Topic here.
Old 24th April 2019, 12:08   #362  |  Link
Zetti

MediaInfo v19.04 is released.
Old 25th April 2019, 02:20   #363  |  Link
IbrahimKh

Hi, what is the correct filter to demux vp9? I tried different version of Staxrip and still cannot demux it properly. The framerate has always been get the wrong value.
Old 27th April 2019, 11:29   #364  |  Link
Natty
Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by IbrahimKh View Post
Hi, what is the correct filter to demux vp9? I tried different version of Staxrip and still cannot demux it properly. The framerate has always been get the wrong value.
lwlibav
Old 28th April 2019, 13:26   #365  |  Link
gonca

Is it possible to use StaxRip without all the support apps being in the system.
Example
can I delete all the audio encoders since I don't plan on doing any audio encoding?
Old 29th April 2019, 03:28   #366  |  Link
videoh
Useful n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprasaiyan123 View Post
Here you go https://www.sendspace.com/file/es0lwp The issue can be seen here by my previous post https://imgur.com/a/kEdOlGU I believe I and imhh11 are having the same issue where the highlights are blown out of proportion, and no amount of playing with either the Hable or Reinhard curve can preserve details in highlights. Please let us know what you find, or if you have a fix for the issue, thanks!!
How about this?

dgsource("Last Stand Test Snippet (1)-001.dgi",fulldepth=true)
dghdrtosdr(roll=1.0,light=150)

Sorry for the late reply.

Last edited by videoh; 29th April 2019 at 03:31.
Old 29th April 2019, 15:40   #367  |  Link
Trench

Is there anything "smart" I could do (using the term loosely) in Staxrip if my desire is to convert a non-letterboxed 4:3 video to fill a 16:9 display?

Clearly I could just invoke the crop to bring the display aspect ratio from 1.33 to 1.85, but with a significant information loss top and bottom on the picture.

Some 16:9 displays I've seen have a 4:3 display mode that does some non-linear X-axis stretching in order to crop much less top and bottom and still "fill the screen" on a 16:9 display. Meaning they only crop a little top and bottom, and then gradually from the center of the image to the left and right, they being stretching to ultimately fit the width without being as visually obvious about it. i.e. Stretched less in the middle of the image, but increasing amounts as you get to the outer edge.

Is there some existing filter that could allow me do to a non-linear type of stretching such as that? I'm probably using the wrong technical terms when trying to search for the capability. Thanks.
Old 1st May 2019, 02:42   #368  |  Link
frenchfries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trench View Post
Is there anything "smart" I could do (using the term loosely) in Staxrip if my desire is to convert a non-letterboxed 4:3 video to fill a 16:9 display?

Clearly I could just invoke the crop to bring the display aspect ratio from 1.33 to 1.85, but with a significant information loss top and bottom on the picture.

Some 16:9 displays I've seen have a 4:3 display mode that does some non-linear X-axis stretching in order to crop much less top and bottom and still "fill the screen" on a 16:9 display. Meaning they only crop a little top and bottom, and then gradually from the center of the image to the left and right, they being stretching to ultimately fit the width without being as visually obvious about it. i.e. Stretched less in the middle of the image, but increasing amounts as you get to the outer edge.

Is there some existing filter that could allow me do to a non-linear type of stretching such as that? I'm probably using the wrong technical terms when trying to search for the capability. Thanks.
The term is non-linear stretch.
First google result of a search "avs script non linear stretch"
http://avisynth.nl/index.php/SimpleResize
Old 1st May 2019, 03:47   #369  |  Link
jlw_4049

Can anyone give me a rough guide on how exactly to encode 4k/x265 HDR content, while retaining all the HDR with this program? I would certainly appreciate it. I cant seem to find much information on the subject.

EDIT: Each time I'm done indexing with StaxRip, the program just disappears into the task manager. UI is gone completely?
EDIT: Apparently it just minimizes for like 4 to 5 minutes before it comes back up. I'm assuming it's doing something.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited by jlw_4049; 1st May 2019 at 14:44.
Old 1st May 2019, 23:17   #370  |  Link
Natty
Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlw_4049 View Post
EDIT: Each time I'm done indexing with StaxRip, the program just disappears into the task manager. UI is gone completely?
EDIT: Apparently it just minimizes for like 4 to 5 minutes before it comes back up. I'm assuming it's doing something.
it's doing 2nd pass or something in ffmsindex. i solved that issue by using older version of it from staxrip 1.8.2.0 apps folder
Old 1st May 2019, 23:58   #371  |  Link
jlw_4049

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natty View Post
it's doing 2nd pass or something in ffmsindex. i solved that issue by using older version of it from staxrip 1.8.2.0 apps folder
Thanks for that information. I don't mind the few minutes waiting time. It's my home server, I'm mainly just using StaxRip for 4k HDR encoding. Seems to be one of the only GUI's supporting it "easily."
Old 4th May 2019, 20:12   #372  |  Link
Revan654

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonca View Post
Is it possible to use StaxRip without all the support apps being in the system.
Example
can I delete all the audio encoders since I don't plan on doing any audio encoding?
You can delete the Opus one, Since that was never added in, but everything is locked. most of the audio is done via ffmpeg and sometimes uses support tools. If you plan to do audio encoding or not there still needed. They only take up less then 40 mbs, which is tiny.
Old 4th May 2019, 20:55   #373  |  Link
gonca

Thank you for the response
Old 5th May 2019, 00:25   #374  |  Link
jlw_4049

Program works great. After I got used to it. I honestly like it quite a bit.

Old 8th May 2019, 22:36   #375  |  Link
lordalibaski

Hi Revan glad someone has kept updating this software it's done wonders for me over the years. I do apologise I put my problem in the old topic didn't see this topic here is my problem

https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...72#post1873772
Old 9th May 2019, 01:27   #376  |  Link
jlw_4049

Revan, I'm having a small issue where when I abort a job to change some settings. The program doesn't "free" the ram up that it was using. So, for example it'll go from 2.5gbs used to 9. Then with the next job (even tho I aborted the first job) So, say I decided to abort this 2nd job, the ram will still be at 9 or 10. If I am to start another job it can actually crash the encoder because it ran out of RAM.

If when I abort, I close the program, restart and add with the AVS file. This doesn't happen.

Maybe it's me doing something wrong?
Old 9th May 2019, 08:46   #377  |  Link
Natty
Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlw_4049 View Post
Revan, I'm having a small issue where when I abort a job to change some settings. The program doesn't "free" the ram up that it was using. So, for example it'll go from 2.5gbs used to 9. Then with the next job (even tho I aborted the first job) So, say I decided to abort this 2nd job, the ram will still be at 9 or 10. If I am to start another job it can actually crash the encoder because it ran out of RAM.

If when I abort, I close the program, restart and add with the AVS file. This doesn't happen.

Maybe it's me doing something wrong?
yes that is the bug in stax which eats all ram and slows down or locks your system, a fix i found was after doing your encoding and filtering settings click on project - save.. it will save a .srip file. close all instances of stax to free up ram, then open it again and project - open - .srip.. this will start u from where u left.

there are few more bugs which makes it really unstable / unusable.
Old 9th May 2019, 08:49   #378  |  Link
Natty
Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordalibaski View Post
Hi Revan glad someone has kept updating this software it's done wonders for me over the years. I do apologise I put my problem in the old topic didn't see this topic here is my problem

https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...72#post1873772
download 32/64 version

extract and move contents to C:\Windows\System32\
Old 9th May 2019, 12:54   #379  |  Link
jlw_4049

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natty View Post
yes that is the bug in stax which eats all ram and slows down or locks your system, a fix i found was after doing your encoding and filtering settings click on project - save.. it will save a .srip file. close all instances of stax to free up ram, then open it again and project - open - .srip.. this will start u from where u left.

there are few more bugs which makes it really unstable / unusable.
Thanks for clearing that up. I am using it for HDR 4k encoding. I usually use MeGUI.

So far with staxrip this is the only issue i have ran into.

Old 9th May 2019, 13:13   #380  |  Link
stax76

Quote:
yes that is the bug in stax which eats all ram and slows down or locks your system
Does that happen with staxrip 1.7 too? 2.0 uses ffms2 with C interface and that leaks memory if I remember right, just choose another source filter in 2.0.
Closed Thread

Tags
aac, hdr, hevc, nvenc, staxrip, x264, x265