Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 18th April 2019, 01:58   #28481  |  Link
HandiA

[04/17/19] Checking System Settings
- BD-Rebuilder v0.60.04
- Windows Version: 6.2 [9200]
- Working Path Free Space: 721.28GB
- AVISYNTH Version: 2.6.0.6, Ok
- LAVFILTERS: Ok
- AnyDVD settings check: Ok.
- X264: Ok
- X265: Ok
- AFTEN: Ok
- FAAC: Ok
- MP4BOX: Ok
- WAVI: Ok
- TSMUXER: Ok
- FRIMEncode: Ok
- FRIMDecode: Ok
[04/17/19] Systems Settings Check complete
HandiA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2019, 17:16   #28482  |  Link
RoyGBiv-inRI

I'm sure I'm just being stupid, but I hope someone can help me put multiple DVDs onto one BD. I want to put all the episodes of a TV show onto one BD with only one menu and all the episodes numbered with direct access to them. That is, if there are 9 episodes on 3 DVDs, I want to import this to a BD which will have one menu indicating 9 episodes. I asked about this about a year ago (page 1372) and was told I should create the following files on my computer:

Title
-- DVD1
---- VIDEO_TS
-- DVD2
---- VIDEO_TS
-- DVD3
---- VIDEO_TS

and point BDRB to the title folder, and "it will do the rest."

I have tried this multiple ways, and this is what happens. If I just use the "browse" button for the source and navigate to the Title folder, it gives me an error "source not in BD format." I understand that, because it obviously isn't. If I navigate to disc 1, I get an error that it is in DVD format and asks if I want to import it as a BD folder.

If I just use the "Import" button in "file" choosing "import DVDs" and navigate to the Title folder, I get an error that the files are not in DVD format. It requires me to navigate to disc x and it will import just those 3 episodes. I can do it for each disc folder, but I just end up with files for 3 BDs.

I've tried "Import to batch." Then it just allows me to put the 3 imported discs into the batch section, and if I ask it to "process batch" it does, but it does all 3 discs independently again ending up with 3 different BDs worth of files not one BD.

I have tried using "import" or "import batch" and when navigating to the disc folders trying shift or control to select more than one disc. It does not allow me to do so.

So, obviously I am doing something really stupid. Please let me know what to do.

Thanks.

SMK
RoyGBiv-inRI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2019, 20:43   #28483  |  Link
worknstiff

I've used BD_Rebuilder to do this very thing BUT I always use BD_Rebulder to import "each" disk. I use the import while paying close attention to the name and runtime of each episode. After BD_Rebuilder completes and waits for you to click backup then close it and remove the new BD from the "import" folder. Move it some where else and then do each of your following disks you want to import. Next put all the new BD folders into one folder and have BD_Rebuilder import them all using the "Quickplay" backup under the Mode button.. I usually do a custom size of 50,000 MB's and have it import them all and test the playback after it finishes creating the new BD_Folder. After I check that all the episodes and names are correct I move the folder else where and have BD_Rebuilder compress it down to a 25GB BD-R. Hope this helps.

Last edited by worknstiff; 19th April 2019 at 20:53.
worknstiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2019, 01:00   #28484  |  Link
PatrickBatman

ISSUES with AQUAMAN as well: Probably not a bug, having issues with Aquaman 1080. Im not even using the atmos stream but the DTS-HD 5.1. It rips fine watched to make sure full 2hrs 23 min there at 26GB (BTW titles with "full movie" are 2 and 222, DVDFAB chose 2) however i usually put my stuff on BD25, so im used to doing this, literally done it 500+ times. Anyway, i think it may be a tsmux issue? Because both BDrebuilder & tsmuxer gui reencode it "successfully" but always cut off at same point at 2 hour, cutting off end of movie and reports no errors, issues. With tsmuxerGUI its says successful even though its 82.5%. BDrebuilder behaves like normal success except movie is at cut at 2hr mark as well. Use X264 LAVF, custom target 23866MB (like i always do), BD25fast encoding option. I'll admit it's been a year or more since ive ripped/reencoded on a regular basis, now like 2-3 a year. Missing something simple I forgot about?

BTW the workfiles look correct size 20.6gb VID_00018.AVS.264 and around 1.5 gb DTS, so I think around restructure/remux somethings happening.

(PS output files aren't on FAT drive btw hahaha)

I'll try to rerip it even though i watched the original rip and it played fine, if there's any input in the mean time great
PatrickBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2019, 06:47   #28485  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyGBiv-inRI View Post
I'm sure I'm just being stupid, but I hope someone can help me put multiple DVDs onto one BD. I want to put all the episodes of a TV show onto one BD with only one menu and all the episodes numbered with direct access to them. That is, if there are 9 episodes on 3 DVDs, I want to import this to a BD which will have one menu indicating 9 episodes. I asked about this about a year ago (page 1372) and was told I should create the following files on my computer:

Title
-- DVD1
---- VIDEO_TS
-- DVD2
---- VIDEO_TS
-- DVD3
---- VIDEO_TS

and point BDRB to the title folder, and "it will do the rest."
Yep, that is correct.
Quote:
If I just use the "Import" button in "file" choosing "import DVDs" and navigate to the Title folder, I get an error that the files are not in DVD format. It requires me to navigate to disc x and it will import just those 3 episodes. I can do it for each disc folder, but I just end up with files for 3 BDs.
Pointing to the "title" is indeed correct. I just did it by copying over the VIDEO_TS directories into two separate directories and BDRB showed me all of the videos on the discs, allowing me to select which ones I wanted to keep. I then imported those.

How did you copy over the VIDEO_TS directories? You have to have a DVD decrypter program running.

Last edited by MrVideo; 20th April 2019 at 07:37.
MrVideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2019, 13:31   #28486  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickBatman View Post
ISSUES with AQUAMAN as well: Probably not a bug, having issues with Aquaman 1080. Im not even using the atmos stream but the DTS-HD 5.1. It rips fine watched to make sure full 2hrs 23 min there at 26GB (BTW titles with "full movie" are 2 and 222, DVDFAB chose 2) however i usually put my stuff on BD25, so im used to doing this, literally done it 500+ times. Anyway, i think it may be a tsmux issue? Because both BDrebuilder & tsmuxer gui reencode it "successfully" but always cut off at same point at 2 hour, cutting off end of movie and reports no errors, issues. With tsmuxerGUI its says successful even though its 82.5%. BDrebuilder behaves like normal success except movie is at cut at 2hr mark as well. Use X264 LAVF, custom target 23866MB (like i always do), BD25fast encoding option. I'll admit it's been a year or more since ive ripped/reencoded on a regular basis, now like 2-3 a year. Missing something simple I forgot about?

BTW the workfiles look correct size 20.6gb VID_00018.AVS.264 and around 1.5 gb DTS, so I think around restructure/remux somethings happening.

(PS output files aren't on FAT drive btw hahaha)

I'll try to rerip it even though i watched the original rip and it played fine, if there's any input in the mean time great
I'll pick up a copy of AQUAMAN and give it a try.
Old 20th April 2019, 15:10   #28487  |  Link
PatrickBatman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
I'll pick up a copy of AQUAMAN and give it a try.
Well hopefully you didnt just got it to work, i checked do not convert DTS to AC3 and it worked (and reripped). Of course I generally use AC3 to save space for better video quality on BD25, So basically the rip was bad but not visibly noticeable or the audio stream DTS HD 5.1 (not atmos 7.1) didnt like converting to ac3, but didnt tell me it didnt like it.

Last edited by PatrickBatman; 20th April 2019 at 18:18.
PatrickBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2019, 16:51   #28488  |  Link
laserfan
Aging Video Hobbyist

Sorry to post in this "beta bugs only" thread but I respect yins guys and just have to think someone in this thread must know: in a 3D disc that apparently branches to 2D also, is 2D PQ or AQ compromised in any way?
Looky here.
laserfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2019, 17:07   #28489  |  Link
gonca

As Sharc said, there is no quality issue.
If playing 2D version playlist uses base view
If playing 3D version (different) playlist uses base view and SSIF folder for 3D view
gonca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2019, 18:03   #28490  |  Link
RoyGBiv-inRI

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVideo View Post
Yep, that is correct.

Pointing to the "title" is indeed correct. I just did it by copying over the VIDEO_TS directories into two separate directories and BDRB showed me all of the videos on the discs, allowing me to select which ones I wanted to keep. I then imported those.

How did you copy over the VIDEO_TS directories? You have to have a DVD decrypter program running.
Well, I guess I was doing something dumb, though I didn't realize it at the time. When I use BD Rebuilder, I make a new folder called 'new folder' that I put in the same directory as the original title, so I don't get mixed up about which files belong to which movie. I guess that BD Rebuilder saw this empty folder and thought it didn't contain any DVD files and gave me the error message. I just tried it with removing the empty folder, and it worked.

Thanks for all your help.

SMK
RoyGBiv-inRI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2019, 19:10   #28491  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyGBiv-inRI View Post
When I use BD Rebuilder, I make a new folder called 'new folder' that I put in the same directory as the original title, so I don't get mixed up about which files belong to which movie. I guess that BD Rebuilder saw this empty folder and thought it didn't contain any DVD files and gave me the error message.
Yep, BDRB will do that.
Old 21st April 2019, 18:27   #28492  |  Link
laserfan
Aging Video Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonca View Post
As Sharc said, there is no quality issue.
If playing 2D version playlist uses base view
If playing 3D version (different) playlist uses base view and SSIF folder for 3D view
Many thanks gonca for explaining!
laserfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2019, 15:40   #28493  |  Link
Blurayhd

Hi Jdobbs time ago I asked how to encode some MKV movies to a one BD/25 BD50 with some menu so I can select the movie

You told me this:

Quote:
1. Put the files into a folder together and name the folder (the name you want for your BD).
2. Use the IMPORT function from the FILE menu.
3. Choose the files you want to import.
4. Edit the popup list to give each the name you want on the menu.
5. Import. This will create a pseudo-BD to use for input.
6. Choose an output size -- and run a full backup.

You will end up with a BD structure that can be burned to a disc that matches your selected output size.

There are other options you can use, such as choosing a background, background sound, fonts, colors, etc.
I so appreciate it I follow every step but I just canīt find the menu option, I mean, I do the 5 step and 6 step and it create the BD50 but in any moment I so the menu option

I tried to played with PowerDVD but it do nothing, I tried too DVDfab player and it shows me just stars but nothing to do, all I wish to know is how to access and edit this Pseudo menu that I canīt find?

please excuse me my Egnslih is not my first language

Edit: Finally I find in settings the Quick settings but like I sayd both player on computer just canīt play it, in a fact canīt show me the menu, I just tried the disc on my Bluray device and works perfectly, but obviously I so wish to change the wallpaper and the font size and colors but I canīt find that options, where are they? and if you donīt mind could you recommend some player for Windows so Iīll can reproduce with menus? Powerdvd canīt show me nothing, DVDfab player same

Last edited by Blurayhd; 26th April 2019 at 17:23.
Blurayhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2019, 07:12   #28494  |  Link
HandiA

Failed video encode Ready Player One 3D

Follow up. Any Ideas what's causing the error?
Old 27th April 2019, 19:06   #28495  |  Link
MrVideo

There isn't a GUI dialog box where menu stuff is modified. It is all done via the configuration INI file. As a side note, you cannot change the font size. It is fixed. You can change the font family and the colors involved for a non-selected and selected menu item. You can't select the color when you hit enter on the remote to play the selected menu item.

If the first pass pseudo BD structure fits on a BD25, there is no need to do the backup. That avoids a re-encoding of the files, which adds errors to the encoding. The fewer the encodings the better.

Here are some specific items to change/add in the config file:
Code:
IMPORT_THRESHOLD=n	n = Threshold size (in minutes), default=15, of BD/DVD titles listed for IMPORT selection
MENU_ACTIVE_COLOR=s	s = YELLOW/BLUE/GREEN/RED/PURPLE/WHITE, Color of active text in menu, default is GREEN
MENU_CUSTOM_COLOR=n	n = Custom RGB color.  Example: 0x40FF40 (hexadecimal: BBGGRR) or 4259632 (decimal)
MENU_FONT=s		s = Any legal font name supported on your computer. Font used for Quick menus. default=Arial
MENU_FONT_BOLD=n	n = 0/1 - 0=OFF (default) - if set to "1", then the selected menu font is set to boldface
MENU_FONT_ITALIC=n	n = 0/1 - 0=OFF (default) - if set to "1", then the selected menu font is set to italic
MENU_FORCE_QUICK=n	n = 0/1 - 0=OFF (default) - if set to "1", create Quick menu even for only one play item
MENU_HORIZONTAL=n	n = 0-1919 - Offset from left of 1080p screen for QP menu item selection area (16 items/page max)
MENU_INACTIVE_COLOR=s	s = YELLOW/BLUE/GREEN/RED/PURPLE/WHITE, Color of inactive text, defaults to subdued white
MENU_ITEMS_PAGE=n[,n...]n = Items for each page of a quick menu/import. 4 page example: MENU_ITEMS_PAGE=13,5,12,8
MENU_TOP=n		n = 100-910 - Offset from top of 1080p screen for QP menu item selection area, default = 200
MENU_VERTICAL=n		n = 100-910 - Same as MENU_TOP - if both are used, MENU_TOP has priority
MIN_PLAYLIST_MINS=n	n = minimum size (in minutes, default=15) for a playlist to be a movie-only choice

*A specific color RGB may also be specified such as 0x40FF40 -- see MENU_CUSTOM_COLOR, 
 For MENU_INACTIVE_COLOR: "SAME" is a subdued version of MENU_ACTIVE_COLOR.
Always, I repeat always, burn to a BDRW disc to check that things are the way you want, so you don't end up creating coasters. Also, if you do use the pseudo BD structure, this makes sure that the imported MKV files are playable via your Blu-ray player. Not all MKV H264 included videos are encoded correctly, making them not Blu-ray player compatible. If they won't play, then you must run the Backup pass to fix that issue.

Last edited by MrVideo; 27th April 2019 at 19:11.
Old 27th April 2019, 20:44   #28496  |  Link
Blurayhd

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVideo View Post
There isn't a GUI dialog box where menu stuff is modified. It is all done via the configuration INI file. As a side note, you cannot change the font size. It is fixed. You can change the font family and the colors involved for a non-selected and selected menu item. You can't select the color when you hit enter on the remote to play the selected menu item.

If the first pass pseudo BD structure fits on a BD25, there is no need to do the backup. That avoids a re-encoding of the files, which adds errors to the encoding. The fewer the encodings the better.

Here are some specific items to change/add in the config file:
Code:
IMPORT_THRESHOLD=n	n = Threshold size (in minutes), default=15, of BD/DVD titles listed for IMPORT selection
MENU_ACTIVE_COLOR=s	s = YELLOW/BLUE/GREEN/RED/PURPLE/WHITE, Color of active text in menu, default is GREEN
MENU_CUSTOM_COLOR=n	n = Custom RGB color.  Example: 0x40FF40 (hexadecimal: BBGGRR) or 4259632 (decimal)
MENU_FONT=s		s = Any legal font name supported on your computer. Font used for Quick menus. default=Arial
MENU_FONT_BOLD=n	n = 0/1 - 0=OFF (default) - if set to "1", then the selected menu font is set to boldface
MENU_FONT_ITALIC=n	n = 0/1 - 0=OFF (default) - if set to "1", then the selected menu font is set to italic
MENU_FORCE_QUICK=n	n = 0/1 - 0=OFF (default) - if set to "1", create Quick menu even for only one play item
MENU_HORIZONTAL=n	n = 0-1919 - Offset from left of 1080p screen for QP menu item selection area (16 items/page max)
MENU_INACTIVE_COLOR=s	s = YELLOW/BLUE/GREEN/RED/PURPLE/WHITE, Color of inactive text, defaults to subdued white
MENU_ITEMS_PAGE=n[,n...]n = Items for each page of a quick menu/import. 4 page example: MENU_ITEMS_PAGE=13,5,12,8
MENU_TOP=n		n = 100-910 - Offset from top of 1080p screen for QP menu item selection area, default = 200
MENU_VERTICAL=n		n = 100-910 - Same as MENU_TOP - if both are used, MENU_TOP has priority
MIN_PLAYLIST_MINS=n	n = minimum size (in minutes, default=15) for a playlist to be a movie-only choice

*A specific color RGB may also be specified such as 0x40FF40 -- see MENU_CUSTOM_COLOR, 
 For MENU_INACTIVE_COLOR: "SAME" is a subdued version of MENU_ACTIVE_COLOR.
Always, I repeat always, burn to a BDRW disc to check that things are the way you want, so you don't end up creating coasters. Also, if you do use the pseudo BD structure, this makes sure that the imported MKV files are playable via your Blu-ray player. Not all MKV H264 included videos are encoded correctly, making them not Blu-ray player compatible. If they won't play, then you must run the Backup pass to fix that issue.
Thank you very much and about encoding I have my mkv movies that the size almost 18gb each one, so I was thinking if I encode maybe three movies to a BD50 and then reencode to BD25 Iīll get the same quality or similar that if I encode a movie BD50 to BD25 just like when I use BD rebuilder?

As an example Iīm trying this with the three movies just to BD25 for see what happens

Quote:
- Input BD size: 44.78 GB
- Approximate total content: [04:27:18.355]
- Target BD size: 22.95 GB

Last edited by Blurayhd; 27th April 2019 at 20:48.
Blurayhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2019, 03:00   #28497  |  Link
MrVideo

IMHO, the best quality will be achieved by using 2-pass encoding. It will take longer, but I think you'll appreciate the results.
Old 1st May 2019, 18:41   #28498  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
This assumes that the imported MKV files are Blu-Ray compliant. In my experience the vast majority of MKV files are not, and trying to keep them intact will lead to a lot of wasted time and frustration. I would recommend you plan to ALWAYS reencode unless you have created the MKV files yourself from original blu-ray (or DVD), and they have not been reencoded anywhere in the process.

[Edit] Just a side note -- there are also DVD formats that are not BD compliant, but they are rare enough (almost nonexistent) that you can pretty much ignore that worry.

Last edited by jdobbs; 1st May 2019 at 18:46.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2019, 20:44   #28499  |  Link
MrVideo

Feature Request

It would be great if BDRB would spit out an error and stop when the following can't be found:
Code:
MENU_FONT
MENU_FONT_BOLD
MENU_FONT_ITALIC
The above three should be checked when the program is started, when a config is loaded and when it is changed within the program.

I've just discovered that I typoed a font name as "Gothis" instead of what it should be: "Gothic"

Thanks
Old 3rd May 2019, 09:22   #28500  |  Link
HandiA

Failed Video Encode Tomb Raider 3D

Received This error on another disc:

[05/02/19] BD Rebuilder v0.60.04
[23:16:42] Source: TOMB_RAIDER
- Input BD size: 42.03 GB
- Approximate total content: [02:08:55.727]
- Quality: Good (Very Fast), ABR
- MVC 3D Output Mode enabled
- Decoding/Frame serving: FRIMDecode
- Audio Settings: AC3=0 DTS=0 HD=1 Kbs=640
[23:16:42] PHASE ONE, Encoding
- [23:16:42] Processing: VID_00018 (1 of 2)
- [23:16:42] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00018]
- [23:16:52] Reencoding video [VID_00018]
- Source Video: MPEG-4 (AVC), 1920x1080
- Rate/Length: 23.976fps, 8,159 frames
- Bitrate: 4,953 Kbs
- Using FRIMEncoder for MVC encoding
- [23:16:52] Reencoding: VID_00018, Pass 1 of 1
- [23:25:45] Video Encode complete
- [23:25:45] Processing audio tracks
- [23:25:46] Multiplexing M2TS
- [23:25:50] Scanning for 3D CLPI info...
- [23:25:53] Processing: VID_00042 (2 of 2)
- [23:25:53] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00042]
- [23:35:27] Reencoding video [VID_00042]
- Rate/Length: 23.976fps, 169,521 frames
- Bitrate: 21,289 Kbs
- [23:35:28] Reencoding: VID_00042, Pass 1 of 1
[23:36:31] - Failed video encode, aborted
----------------------
[05/03/19] BD Rebuilder v0.60.04
[00:20:01] Source: TOMB_RAIDER
- Input BD size: 42.03 GB
- Approximate total content: [02:08:55.727]
- Quality: Good (Very Fast), ABR
- MVC 3D Output Mode enabled
- Decoding/Frame serving: FRIMDecode
- Audio Settings: AC3=0 DTS=0 HD=1 Kbs=640
[00:20:04] PHASE ONE, Encoding
- [00:20:04] Processing: VID_00018 (1 of 2)
- [00:20:04] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00018]
- [00:20:13] Reencoding video [VID_00018]
- Rate/Length: 23.976fps, 8,159 frames
- Bitrate: 4,953 Kbs
- [00:20:13] Reencoding: VID_00018, Pass 1 of 1
- [00:28:58] Video Encode complete
- [00:28:58] Processing audio tracks
- [00:28:58] Multiplexing M2TS
- [00:29:02] Scanning for 3D CLPI info...
- [00:29:05] Processing: VID_00042 (2 of 2)
- [00:29:05] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00042]
- [00:38:44] Reencoding video [VID_00042]
- Rate/Length: 23.976fps, 169,521 frames
- Bitrate: 21,289 Kbs
- [00:38:44] Reencoding: VID_00042, Pass 1 of 1
[00:39:47] - Failed video encode, aborted