Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Newbies

Old 4th June 2008, 18:51   #1  |  Link
h0mi

Question about ripping HD-DVD special features

I've seen the threads and the wired wiki about ripping HD-DVD to the hard drive, as well as converting it to blu-ray but I've got a question that's I've not seen any clear answers to; its higher level and not about the actual process.

On a number of HD-DVDs, there are extras that were not done on the blu-ray version (300 and I think Pan's Labyrinth are 2 examples I know of). These extras are backed up to the hard drive but when I take the next step of authoring a blu-ray disc, what happens to the extras?

Using 300 as an example, I'd guess the game would not be salvageable. It'd be playable on the hard drive but not without physically rewriting it, it'd never play on a blu-ray player. What about the PiP and other extras? Most of the steps to take for authoring blu-rays focus on the movie. I'm more curious about the extras and trying to preserve them, especially when these extras do not exist on blu-ray.
h0mi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blu-ray, conversion, extras, hd-dvd