Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

 

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 AVC / H.264

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 23rd May 2019, 22:23   #61  |  Link
MasterNobody
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 514
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolak View Post
This is where Cinemacraft outperforms x264- quality balance between different frame types.
This problem has noting to do with balance between different frame types. It is problem with VBV.

mp3dom
To fix (debug) this problem developers (me) need at minimum short source sample which reproduce this problem and full x264 command line.

P.S. VBV algorithm is not ideal and sometimes its prediction fails.
MasterNobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2019, 22:27   #62  |  Link
mp3dom
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Italy
Posts: 1,039
This is a bug or a problem somewhere that needs to be fixed, and not a result "by design".
The old Cinema Craft engine now tends to be inferior with the current sources. Animation has improved in resolutions compared to previous years, and now the old engine shows some "suffering" signs in keeping the quality on complex scenes without strong lowpass filtering and similar preprocessing, that visually lowers the definition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterNobody View Post
To fix (debug) this problem developers (me) need at minimum short source sample which reproduce this problem and full x264 command line.
Sent by PM.

Last edited by mp3dom; 23rd May 2019 at 22:50.
mp3dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2019, 21:03   #63  |  Link
kolak
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: UK
Posts: 2,368
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterNobody View Post
This problem has noting to do with balance between different frame types. It is problem with VBV.

mp3dom
To fix (debug) this problem developers (me) need at minimum short source sample which reproduce this problem and full x264 command line.

P.S. VBV algorithm is not ideal and sometimes its prediction fails.
Regardless if this is a bug in x264, Cinemacraft strong part was always good quality balance between frames (even in their MPEG2 encoder).

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp3dom View Post
The old Cinema Craft engine now tends to be inferior with the current sources. Animation has improved in resolutions compared to previous years, and now the old engine shows some "suffering" signs in keeping the quality on complex scenes without strong lowpass filtering and similar preprocessing, that visually lowers the definition
It's not actively developed product anymore, which is a shame, but there is no money in BD business anyway, so it's not worth to invest.

Last edited by kolak; 24th May 2019 at 21:06.
kolak is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 16:00.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.