Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 11th November 2019, 17:27   #1  |  Link
von Suppé

Reauthoring multi-editions BD

Now sure if I'm at the right place to post this. My appologies up front if not.

Hi jdobbs,

I have a question. This thread being so long, I don't know if this has been dealt with before, but...

Video BD's can have multiple editions of a certain movie. I learned, that in those cases, several mpls files refer to another edition. And in each mpls file is defined which .m2ts files and in what order they are played, to make up for a specific edition. Obviously the different playlists use a lot of the (if not most) same .m2ts files. These are stored once of course in the STREAM directory.

Is it possible with your tool, to reauthor such a BD, that also can have a lot of other stuff on it, into a "multiple editions movie only" BD, and with the possibility to remove unwanted SUP- and audio-tracks, and add self-made/edited sups, should I want?
von Suppé is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2019, 17:33   #2  |  Link
gonca

Just do a full disc backup and it will backup the whole disc, multiple editions and all
gonca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2019, 18:36   #3  |  Link
von Suppé

Thanks for your reply. I think your suggestion would overshoot the reason of my question, which I'll explain.

I already created a decrypted, full-disc iso. Of course I can use that to playback. Secondly, I would need this to be able to import the BD into BDRebuilder whatsoever.

Using storage-space efficiently (and aside from the possibility to re-encode video or not), it would be nice to be able to strip unwanted/unneeded things and create a BD with only the movie versions and my desired audio- & subtitle tracks, whereby the possibility to add edited/selfmade SUPs would be appreciated.

Last edited by von Suppé; 11th November 2019 at 18:39.
von Suppé is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2019, 21:18   #4  |  Link
gonca

You can strip out unwanted audio and subtitles
You can use 'Edit' mode and blank out any extras, etc
I believe you can change the subtitles prior to remux
Encode remaining to fit
gonca is offline   Reply With Quote