Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

 

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 21st November 2018, 17:20   #28101  |  Link
Wizzu
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
It must be ALTERNATE to an MKV or an MP4.
Doh! Didn't gather that. Sorry. I was trying a standard Blu-Ray output. My bad then.

I certainly don't want to sound like a brat (even though I tend to be one sometimes ), but the feature would be nice to have with regular BR output (and specially for Quick-play output)... reason being that I like to change the color and position of my BD subtitles (through remuxing with Tsmuxer) before burning discs, so I tend to OCR [PGS's → SRT] quite often. Having BD-RB do that automatically would have avoided me the additional step of de-muxing the BDRB output before OCR.

No biggie. Congrats again for the long way you came since you started the project. The software is now very reliable and full of great features. I'm starting to wonder why you still consider it in beta, actually.
Wizzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2018, 19:37   #28102  |  Link
jdobbs
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 20,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzu View Post
I'm starting to wonder why you still consider it in beta, actually.
It's because I'm always making changes, many significant, between versions, and calling it a beta keeps the user warned. Also... I like to fantasize that someday Wikipedia will list it as the "longest beta project on record".
__________________
Help with development of new apps: Donations.
Website: www.jdobbs.net
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2018, 19:55   #28103  |  Link
Lathe
Registered User
 
Lathe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 984
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
It's because I'm always making changes, many significant, between versions, and calling it a beta keeps the user warned. Also... I like to fantasize that someday Wikipedia will list it as the "longest beta project on record".
I'll make an entry right now!
Lathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2018, 20:51   #28104  |  Link
AmigaFuture
Registered User
 
AmigaFuture's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Within the main Source.
Posts: 835
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
It's because I'm always making changes, many significant, between versions, and calling it a beta keeps the user warned. Also... I like to fantasize that someday Wikipedia will list it as the "longest beta project on record".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathe View Post
I'll make an entry right now!
Haaa, haaa, haa!!


@ All

My new Pioneer arrived 2 days ago, through a strange FedEx route...to the City where I live, then to a City an hour away, then next day back to my City again. Odd. It's nice to have burns that are actually recognized by my LG Blu-ray player every time. I have TDK and Verbatim BD-RE DL discs. I burned a processed but not rerendered "Let's Be Cops" on both kind. The Fox intro plays pretty well, a slight video glitch, but soon the menu shows. Choose extras, and pick "Deleted Scenes" and then whatever scene. What happens is interesting. The name of the Scene file is separate from the video, so once it plays and fades to the deleted scene the scene "hurries" to get in sync with the audio. This does not happen with my original, of course.

I'm thinking it's not the burner, and not sure about the media. I'm really not sure if it's related to BD-RB. Does anyone else have the movie to verify or not with? Meanwhile, I'm going to check some other movies..to see if this happens with them. Is this an affect of "age" of the player due to how a lot of mastering is done now? Hmm.. Any ideas or suggestions?
__________________
Life is not a journey to the grave; but rather to skid out broadside, thoroughly used, torn and warn and loudly proclaim; WOW; What a ride!!! Soon, I'm going to do it AGAiN in different skin!!
AmigaFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2018, 20:54   #28105  |  Link
Lathe
Registered User
 
Lathe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 984
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigaFuture View Post
Is this an affect of "age" of the player due to how a lot of mastering is done now? Hmm.. Any ideas or suggestions?
I think it's more likely the 'age' of the user...
Lathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2018, 08:37   #28106  |  Link
mparade
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 567
just got this error report from BD-RB:

----------------------
[11. 22. 18] BD Rebuilder v0.60.04
[00:35:15] Source: UP_(2009).COMPLETE
- Input BD size: 43,64 GB
- Approximate total content: [03:27:49.205]
- Target BD size: 46,26 GB
- Windows Version: 6.2 [9200]
- Quality: Ultra-High (Extremely Slow), CRF
- X264 Tweak(s) enabled
- Output folder: E:\OUTPUT\
- Decoding/Frame serving: DGDecNV [4-way]
- Audio Settings: AC3=0 DTS=1 HD=0 Kbs=640
[00:35:41] PHASE ONE, Encoding

- [04:06:03] Processing: VID_00086 (73 of 75)
- [04:06:03] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00086]
- [04:06:42] Reencoding video [VID_00086]
- [04:06:42] Reencoding secondary video [TRK_02]
- Source Video: MPEG-4 (AVC), 1920x1080
- Rate/Length: 23,976fps, 20 581 frames
- [04:07:32] Encoding using constant rate factor.
- [04:20:31] Video Encode complete
- [04:20:31] Processing audio tracks
- Track 4352 (eng): Reencoding audio to AC3...
- Track 4353 (eng): Keeping original audio
- Track 4356 (hun): Keeping original audio
- Track 4358 (eng): Keeping original audio
- [04:20:49] Multiplexing M2TS
- Error in attempt to multiplex: MUX_00086.meta
- Can't open file: D:\WORKING\WORKFILES\VID_00086_2.AVS.1.264
[04:20:53] - Failed to build structure, aborted

Last edited by mparade; 22nd November 2018 at 08:39.
mparade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2018, 12:08   #28107  |  Link
Ch3vr0n
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,298
Probably this is the cause

[00:35:15] Source: UP_(2009).COMPLETE

Pretty sure that's a volume name for a downloaded rip. There's just about ZERO chance that's an original disc. Retail discs don't use such volume names as such there's no way of knowing what kind or preprocess has been done, that causes problems for bdrb.

Get the original disc and try again.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 6P met Tapatalk
Ch3vr0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2018, 12:48   #28108  |  Link
mparade
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 567
Thanks for the "insulting" assumption. It is just following my personal naming convention, anyway.
I assume the problem is using multiprocessing with a disc including a secondary stream as well.
I am not going to report any possible bug here to get punches in the stomach anymore, bye.

Last edited by mparade; 22nd November 2018 at 13:02.
mparade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2018, 17:05   #28109  |  Link
AmigaFuture
Registered User
 
AmigaFuture's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Within the main Source.
Posts: 835
@ Ch3vr0n

You might suspect some names I use as well. Not everyone keeps a disc name exactly as it is after a decrypter. Some BD names don't make sense and thus are renamed for later recognition. I know it's tricky sometimes, but assuming can cause Witch Hunts. Which is also a fantastic long song by Rush. Some renames I use reflect what I want to do, check and how it was processed with BD-RB.

Update: I think I know what's happening with some BDs and their "out of sync" as I most recently asked about. I didn't know anything about BDFix, so I'm checking into it now.
__________________
Life is not a journey to the grave; but rather to skid out broadside, thoroughly used, torn and warn and loudly proclaim; WOW; What a ride!!! Soon, I'm going to do it AGAiN in different skin!!
AmigaFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2018, 18:04   #28110  |  Link
Ch3vr0n
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,298
Quote:
Originally Posted by mparade View Post
Thanks for the "insulting" assumption. It is just following my personal naming convention, anyway.
I assume the problem is using multiprocessing with a disc including a secondary stream as well.
I am not going to report any possible bug here to get punches in the stomach anymore, bye.
If you say thats done because of your personal naming convention, then you have my apologies. It's just that it wouldn't be the first time someone reports an issue with a title, that had a volume name like that, and blames BDRB. While in fact it was their questionable source that was the problem.

Now that that's out of the way. The culprit is then most likely this one

- [04:20:49] Multiplexing M2TS
- Error in attempt to multiplex: MUX_00086.meta
- Can't open file: D:\WORKING\WORKFILES\VID_00086_2.AVS.1.264

According to the last line it can't open that specific 264 stream. Does the file exist? If so, then you may be right that multiplexing is to blame. I'd try to decrease the number of x264 instances in that case first.
Ch3vr0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2018, 18:29   #28111  |  Link
AmigaFuture
Registered User
 
AmigaFuture's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Within the main Source.
Posts: 835
Quote:
Originally Posted by mparade View Post
I assume the problem is using multiprocessing with a disc including a secondary stream as well.
@ Ch3vr0n

You might have missed that part. I reported some time ago about some BD I encountered that with. Switched that option off and it was solved. Usually it functions very, very well, and I'm very glad JD hasn't removed it. But other times, snagggggggg...
__________________
Life is not a journey to the grave; but rather to skid out broadside, thoroughly used, torn and warn and loudly proclaim; WOW; What a ride!!! Soon, I'm going to do it AGAiN in different skin!!
AmigaFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2018, 18:44   #28112  |  Link
jdobbs
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 20,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by mparade View Post
Thanks for the "insulting" assumption. It is just following my personal naming convention, anyway.
I assume the problem is using multiprocessing with a disc including a secondary stream as well.
I am not going to report any possible bug here to get punches in the stomach anymore, bye.
Yeah. That filename is one that is created when using multiple instance processing. I'd suggest you turn it off until I see if something has changed that causes that issue.
__________________
Help with development of new apps: Donations.
Website: www.jdobbs.net
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2018, 19:16   #28113  |  Link
Lathe
Registered User
 
Lathe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 984
Quote:
Originally Posted by mparade View Post
Thanks for the "insulting" assumption. It is just following my personal naming convention, anyway.
I assume the problem is using multiprocessing with a disc including a secondary stream as well.
I am not going to report any possible bug here to get punches in the stomach anymore, bye.
You've always been a very helpful and contributing member here in my lowly and wretched opinion. There are some here who are VERY VERY quick to condemn, even though it really does not have anything to do with what is asked. JD may be a bit senile and hard of hearing, but HE is the Boss here and I'm sure will mention anything that needs to be corrected. Let's let HIM do his job while the rest of us just try to help (and gonca, just try to keep up...)

Keep up the good work mate!
Lathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2018, 19:53   #28114  |  Link
mparade
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 567
Sure&completely agreed ! I am just missing this multiprocessing feature very much. It can reduce encode times with my machine to ~1/4 compared to encodes without that.
Maybe it has only something to do with discs that have secondary streams as well.
mparade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2018, 20:19   #28115  |  Link
AmigaFuture
Registered User
 
AmigaFuture's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Within the main Source.
Posts: 835
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathe View Post
You've always been a very helpful and contributing member here in my lowly and wretched opinion.[/IMG]
Ohhhhh, you can be sooo (melo)dramatic..
__________________
Life is not a journey to the grave; but rather to skid out broadside, thoroughly used, torn and warn and loudly proclaim; WOW; What a ride!!! Soon, I'm going to do it AGAiN in different skin!!
AmigaFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2018, 20:23   #28116  |  Link
Lathe
Registered User
 
Lathe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 984
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigaFuture View Post
Ohhhhh, you can be sooo (melo)dramatic..
Oh yeah...?
Lathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2018, 20:26   #28117  |  Link
AmigaFuture
Registered User
 
AmigaFuture's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Within the main Source.
Posts: 835
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathe View Post
Oh yeah...?
There it is... The "." is close again...thought so. Also, you're not fast or slick enough to catch me. Ha!
__________________
Life is not a journey to the grave; but rather to skid out broadside, thoroughly used, torn and warn and loudly proclaim; WOW; What a ride!!! Soon, I'm going to do it AGAiN in different skin!!
AmigaFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2018, 20:36   #28118  |  Link
Lathe
Registered User
 
Lathe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 984
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigaFuture View Post
There it is... The "." is close again...thought so. Also, you're not fast or slick enough to catch me. Ha!
You are so bad man... If I were a woman, I think I WOULD find you and beat you... (and, I would wait until my '.' to make sure you get all that's coming to you... )
Lathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2018, 21:04   #28119  |  Link
AmigaFuture
Registered User
 
AmigaFuture's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Within the main Source.
Posts: 835
If I were one of the many that actually subscribe to that wonky superstition of "Karma is a bitch, it'll get you." then I'd be quaking in whatever shoes or boots I wear. But I'm well, well past ignorance on that one. C'mon, tough one...give it your best..

Smiling. Funny how all this stuff can SEEM to be all kinds of bravado without the voices heard laughter, huh?? Haaa!
__________________
Life is not a journey to the grave; but rather to skid out broadside, thoroughly used, torn and warn and loudly proclaim; WOW; What a ride!!! Soon, I'm going to do it AGAiN in different skin!!
AmigaFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2018, 21:36   #28120  |  Link
Wizzu
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckUFarley View Post
Has anyone found issues with the Quick-Play menus in the most recent build?
I used BD-RB for the first time in a long time last week, and the final disc was unplayable. All the files were right and the new menu appeared to be present, but the disc would start to spin up then freeze my player.

I know that's vague, and I'm going to do more testing, probably rolling back a version, but I was curious if this was something anyone else had come across.
[...]
Edit:
1) v0.50.24 - No luck with Mummy 3/quickplay burned disc again.
2) v0.50.25 - Tested a different BD (Indiscreet) with quickplay. Burned disc plays fine.
3) v0.50.25 - Mummy 3 again, unchecked "Attempt to find original background/menu" options. Burned disc freezes in player.
Just experienced the same issue here with a BD-25 quick-play backup of Mad Max Fury Road. My player (Panasonic BD-75) freezed when trying to play the disc.

I tried lots of stuff but what finally worked was to uncheck "Go to menu at disc start" in Quick-play settings. This way the disc loads and plays, but any attempt to access the menu still leads to freezing.

So it's definitly something fishy with the quick-play menu, with this title. Maybe you can confirm that it's the same with Mummy 3 (assuming you read this post... :-))

Last edited by Wizzu; 22nd November 2018 at 21:45.
Wizzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:05.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.