Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 21st November 2009, 04:40   #6061  |  Link
chudm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsbackup View Post
So your backup does work on your PS3, which is good to know. So ChldsPlay either has a bad rip, bad reencode, bad burn, or a picky PS3.
As jdobbs has reported, he uses a Sony standalone player, S360 I think, which he confirms success with. The reason I mention testing on a Sony standalone is for similarities on playback.
We are all free to chose and buy whatever player we wish, and for standard playback of retail Blu-Rays, all will probably work. However, for AVCHD and BD-RB backups, Sony's seem to have a better track record.
So process of elimination is what I suggest, to discover the problem he is having.
But, this is just MHO.
never had any problems with my ps3, every full backup to bd 25 i had made with bdrb worked perfect on ps3, and bd5/bd9 movie only too, tried on my father s360 and its the same deal, but in his s360 he can play full backup to bd5/9 (but i dont like so much stuff on a dvd5/dvd9)
chudm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2009, 09:05   #6062  |  Link
ChldsPlay

I think I'll just go with movie only on GI Joe and move on. There's really not anything else of importance on the disc anyway.
ChldsPlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2009, 09:19   #6063  |  Link
Protecus

It is some months ago, when I did my last reencode with the great BD-Rebuild software.

I just set up a new computer with a fresh Windows 7 x64. After setting up the OS, I installed ffdshow revision 3130, Avisynth 2.5.7 and Matroska Splitter. I activated the MPEG1 and MPEG2 codec, as usual.

But trying to reencode a Blu-ray ends in an error.

Code:
-----------------------
[22:24:32] BD Rebuilder v0.31.02 (beta)
  - Source:  DAS_FUENFTE_ELEMENT
  - Input BD size: 30,35 GB
  - Approximate total content: [02:05:35.694]
  - Target BD size: 22,46 GB
  - Windows Version: 6.1 [7600]
  - MOVIE-ONLY mode enabled
  - Audio Settings: AC3=0 DTS=0 HD=1 Kbs=640
[22:24:32] PHASE ONE, Encoding
 - [22:24:32] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00000]
 - [22:47:40] Reencoding: VID_00000 (1 of 1)
  - Encode failed.  Retrying.
  - Encode failed.  Retrying.
  - Reached retry limit.  Aborting.
[22:51:10] - Failed video encode, aborted
Let's come to my settings:

Code:
[Options]
MODE=1
SUPPRESS_FF_WARNING=1
AUDIO_TO_KEEP=deu;gem;ger;gmh;goh;
SUBS_TO_KEEP=all
SD_CONVERT=0
COLOR_BOOST=0
RESIZE_1080=0
DTS_REENCODE=0
AC3_REENCODE=0
AC3_640=1
KEEP_HD_AUDIO=1
AVCHD=0
REMOVE_WORKFILES=0
AUDIO_TRACK_LIMIT=1
SUBTITLE_TRACK_LIMIT=1
CUSTOM_TARGET_SIZE=23450
TARGET_SIZE=23000
[Paths]
SOURCE_PATH=C:\BLU-RAY\DAS FUENFTE ELEMENT\
WORKING_PATH=C:\BLU-RAY\DAS FUENFTE ELEMENT\BD_25\
...and the last command:

Code:
"C:\Users\admin\Downloads\BD-RBV03102\BD_Rebuilder\tools\x264.exe" "C:\BLU-RAY\DAS FUENFTE ELEMENT\BD_25\WORKFILES\VID_00000.AVS" --preset medium --qpmin=0 --bitrate 18704 --level 4.1 --sar 1:1 --aud --vbv-bufsize 30000 --keyint 24 --min-keyint 1 --ipratio 1.1 --pbratio 1.1 --vbv-maxrate 35000 --threads auto --slices 4 --thread-input --stats "C:\BLU-RAY\DAS FUENFTE ELEMENT\BD_25\WORKFILES\VID_00000.AVS.MKV.stats" --pass 1 --output NUL
Can please somebody help me to solve my problem?
Protecus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2009, 09:44   #6064  |  Link
MorbidPenguin

Hi there, new to BD-Rebuilder and Blurays in general. I've been using DVD-Rebuilder for a long time and have even purchased it. Totally worth it.

However, I have not yet been able to test BD-Rebuilder because it refuses to read my Bluray rips. I've ripped 2 BDs - Kung Fu Hustle and Fight Club (Both from Taiwan) with Anydvd HD. When I try to select the source in BD-Rebuilder, I get one of two
errors:

Code:
SourceCheck() 00055  2501
or
Code:
SourceCheck() 00006  2501
Any idea on what I'm doing wrong? Do I need specific settings in Anydvd HD or should I be using a different program to rip them?

By the way, this is Windows 7 x64. I have FFDShow, Avisynth, and everything else installed. BD-Rebuilder starts fine... I just can't select a source.
MorbidPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2009, 11:13   #6065  |  Link
rippn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChldsPlay View Post
I tried my GI Joe disc on another PS3 and it still did the same thing, so the problem is somewhere in the settings of either DVDFab, BD Rebuilder, or the burning software that is preventing the PS3 from reading it properly. I don't think it would be the burn since it was burnt the same as all the others, so that leaves DVDFab or BD Rebuilder.
DVDFab is in beta and I believe jdobbs in a previous post advised that you not use it but use anydvd hd, I believe most everyone here would also agree as there are zero problems with it. But me and others have confirmed no problems with GI Joe ran through bd rebuilder and the PS3 so you can figure from that, the issue is on your end.
rippn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2009, 13:44   #6066  |  Link
Dirk Diggler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorbidPenguin View Post
Hi there, new to BD-Rebuilder and Blurays in general. I've been using DVD-Rebuilder for a long time and have even purchased it. Totally worth it.

However, I have not yet been able to test BD-Rebuilder because it refuses to read my Bluray rips. I've ripped 2 BDs - Kung Fu Hustle and Fight Club (Both from Taiwan) with Anydvd HD. When I try to select the source in BD-Rebuilder, I get one of two
errors:

Code:
SourceCheck() 00055  2501
or
Code:
SourceCheck() 00006  2501
Any idea on what I'm doing wrong? Do I need specific settings in Anydvd HD or should I be using a different program to rip them?

By the way, this is Windows 7 x64. I have FFDShow, Avisynth, and everything else installed. BD-Rebuilder starts fine... I just can't select a source.

BD Rebuilder is not a Decrypter you will need to use AnyDvd or DVDFab6 to first rip the movie to the HD and then use BD Rebuilder to compress the unecrypted movie

Edit Just seen you used AnyDvd Hd are you ripping the movie to HD first and then processing with BF Rebuilder

Last edited by Dirk Diggler; 21st November 2009 at 13:49. Reason: edit just seen you used AnyDvd
Dirk Diggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2009, 15:49   #6067  |  Link
MorbidPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
BD Rebuilder is not a Decrypter you will need to use AnyDvd or DVDFab6 to first rip the movie to the HD and then use BD Rebuilder to compress the unecrypted movie

Edit Just seen you used AnyDvd Hd are you ripping the movie to HD first and then processing with BF Rebuilder
Yes, I'm using AnyDVD HD. I load the Bluray, start AnyDVD, and then use "Rip Video DVD to Harddisk...". After it finished... I start BD-Rebuilder and choose the Main Folder as the source and I get the error.

I've also tried selecting the BDMV folder and the STREAM folder, but I get the same error.

I've also tried loading AnyDVD and then manually copying the DVD with Windows Explorer. Nothing seems to work.

So... am I just seriously unlucky? Do I need to do something specific?
Old 21st November 2009, 16:35   #6068  |  Link
TheFork

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorbidPenguin View Post
Yes, I'm using AnyDVD HD. I load the Bluray, start AnyDVD, and then use "Rip Video DVD to Harddisk...". After it finished... I start BD-Rebuilder and choose the Main Folder as the source and I get the error.
Personally I start AnyDVD and choose "Rip to Image". This creates an ISO which I then mount with Virtual Clone Drive (free from Slysoft). I then start BDRB and point it at this virtual drive.

I have never yet had a problem...

Perhaps try using this method instead ("rip to image", instead of "rip video DVD") and see what happens?

Fork.
TheFork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2009, 17:37   #6069  |  Link
kanerulz69
Banned

Quote:
Nothing really different or special about Earth_US. It is MPEG-4 AVC (PiP) with 1 DTS-HD Master audio, 1 DTS, 5 DD 640kbps audio, and 1 DTS Express secondary audio track.
I made a movie only of this disc to BD5, works great.
00001.m2ts is 25.9GB size, 1080P, so if you just want a movie only to BD-25, you should be successful without reencoding, just remove some audio tracks.
Perhaps try a movie only to BD5 just to see if you can successfully reencode 00001.m2ts without doing a full backup. This should confirm if you are setup correctly.
i never do bd-5 / bd-9's i only do bd-25 rips, as only use bdr25gb disc
kanerulz69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2009, 19:14   #6070  |  Link
Pod7381

BD-Rebuilder Fixed for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
Didn't know if it was Region A. I'll pick up Silverado and see how it sizes on my Win7 systems.
I just wanted to let you know not to bother testing Silverado. After I updated FFDSHOW to the version linked in your first post, I was able to backup the movie successfully. I am now trying LA Confidential which is VC-1 to see if that works now.
I am very happy to have BD-Rebuilder back and working!
Pod7381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2009, 23:33   #6071  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pod7381 View Post
I just wanted to let you know not to bother testing Silverado. After I updated FFDSHOW to the version linked in your first post, I was able to backup the movie successfully. I am now trying LA Confidential which is VC-1 to see if that works now.
I am very happy to have BD-Rebuilder back and working!
Thanks for the update. I've found that the newer version has also stopped the crashing I experienced under Windows 7 64bit. That's a relief.
Old 22nd November 2009, 00:04   #6072  |  Link
Capsbackup

@jdobbs;
has your short term experience with Windows 7 been one that you would recommend it for us BD-RB users?
It would appear pretty risky at this time, but it sounds like results are mixed, with you reporting mostly success.
I really don't think I will be upgrading soon, and have been having only successful results with XP Pro.
Perhaps, for me any how, this new OS needs to have more time testing it before I jump in.
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2009, 00:23   #6073  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
@jdobbs;
has your short term experience with Windows 7 been one that you would recommend it for us BD-RB users?
It would appear pretty risky at this time, but it sounds like results are mixed, with you reporting mostly success.
I really don't think I will be upgrading soon, and have been having only successful results with XP Pro.
Perhaps, for me any how, this new OS needs to have more time testing it before I jump in.
I think that if you just do a standard install and then run BD-RB (so it can configure DirectShow) you will be fine. It's likely the people who did manual configs that are having issues. Mine works fine. As for whether it is worth the upgrade -- probably not. I didn't think Vista was much of an improvement over XP, and this seems to just be a minor upgrade to Vista from what I see. I did it mainly so i could test BD-RB with it.
Old 22nd November 2009, 02:53   #6074  |  Link
MorbidPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFork View Post
Personally I start AnyDVD and choose "Rip to Image". This creates an ISO which I then mount with Virtual Clone Drive (free from Slysoft). I then start BDRB and point it at this virtual drive.

I have never yet had a problem...

Perhaps try using this method instead ("rip to image", instead of "rip video DVD") and see what happens?

Fork.
Unfortunately, this does not work either. I get the same error.

jdobbs, can you shed some light on this error code?
anyone else know what I'm doing wrong? I'll pick up another BD and try it on something different next week.
Old 22nd November 2009, 03:35   #6075  |  Link
setarip_old

@MorbidPenguin

Hi!
Quote:
I've ripped 2 BDs - Kung Fu Hustle and Fight Club (Both from Taiwan)
1) Are you certain that these are commercial Blue Ray discs? Or could they be Chinese AVCHD discs? Or could they be bootleg discs?

2) Are you able to play the purchased discs?

3) What is the total filesize of each of the discs, according to Explorer?
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2009, 14:47   #6076  |  Link
MorbidPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by setarip_old View Post
@MorbidPenguin

Hi!

1) Are you certain that these are commercial Blue Ray discs? Or could they be Chinese AVCHD discs? Or could they be bootleg discs?
No idea. How do I tell? These were purchased from a Blockbuster, so I'm pretty sure they are legit Bluray discs.

Quote:

2) Are you able to play the purchased discs?
Yes, I can play them on my Sony s360. They also work fine with MPC-HC on Win7 x64

Quote:

3) What is the total filesize of each of the discs, according to Explorer?
Kung Fu Hustle is 22.7 GB (24,447,283,200). I deleted Fight Club from my computer for now.

Anyway, I think it might be a bigger problem between BD-Rebuilder and Win7 x64. I have downloaded the HDMV demo from here:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=948496

It's supposed to be an accurate representation of a Bluray Disc for demo purposes. I get the same exact error with that:

Code:
11/22/09 [13:45:14] SourceCheck() 00006  2501
So, it doesn't appear to be something between my discs. It seems as if there is something wrong with either my Win7 x64 (it's a legit copy - I have a technet sub) or BD-Rebuilder on my system.

jdobbs, is there any file I can post or email you to help you troubleshoot this bug?

Thanks.
Old 22nd November 2009, 17:50   #6077  |  Link
setarip_old

@MorbidPenguin

Earlier in this thread is the following post by "drpaulng":

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...19#post1262119

Quote:
source path problem

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There is a very annoying problem that for non-unicode language such as Chinese, the source path is invalid. We must set the non-unicode programing language to English in the "control center/language and region/advanced" and reboot in order to use BDRB. Otherwise, an error message (source check 00006) telling you the selected source is not BD format keeps on forever. Anyone knows any workaround other than doing the language setting? Because after setting the language to English, all other programs may have invalid path and the language should be re-set back to English and reboot again. Thanks in advance.

PS: Clown_BD_v0.40b.exe and CLIPINF_Editor_v0.02b.exe do not have the same problem for source path.
Old 22nd November 2009, 18:19   #6078  |  Link
robinsj

This may have been asked and answered, but is there anyway this program can compress everything but the main movie, and leave the main movie un-encoded...?
robinsj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2009, 01:00   #6079  |  Link
MorbidPenguin

Quote:
@MorbidPenguin

Earlier in this thread is the following post by "drpaulng":

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...19#post1262119

You are awesome! That solved it! Thank you!
Old 23rd November 2009, 04:21   #6080  |  Link
setarip_old

Quote:
You are awesome! That solved it! Thank you!
My pleasure ;>}

For future reference, the search functions for both the Doom9 Forums and Google are very effective...