Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 12th December 2018, 16:19   #6621  |  Link
sneaker_ger

Quote:
Originally Posted by zdzdz View Post
Hello. I have a problem with setting the priority level of a worker. Before it was always Above Normal. I don't remember if it was possible to set it somewhere. But now it is always Low when worker starts.
It there a way to change the default value?
Worker->Settings.

But usually it doesn't make sense to increase this. I recommend leaving it on low priority.
sneaker_ger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2018, 16:21   #6622  |  Link
Statick

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaker_ger View Post
It costs $15. http://rationalqm.us/dgdecnv/dgdecnv.html

Either you pay that or use a free alternative like DGMPGDec/mpeg2source/dgindex (same author as DGDecNV, just not maintained anymore and software instead of Nvidia CUVID). Is also included in MeGUI.

Though the missing license doesn't explain the x264 crash.
I didn't know there was a paid version - I haven't installed that myself, so just assumed I was using a free version that comes with MeGUI. How do I resolve this (i.e remove the paid version and only use the free one)?
Statick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2018, 16:24   #6623  |  Link
Statick

OK by the looks of things that paid one is DGdecNV.dll which isn't what my script is loading - it's loading MeGUI\tools\dgindex\DGDecode.dll, that's the free bundled one isn't it? the updater lists it as DGIndex 1.58 dating from 2010
Old 12th December 2018, 16:28   #6624  |  Link
Statick

also previewing the generated AVS on the main input page of MeGUI works fine - no green at all. Surely if there was a license problem with the decoder, this would still be the case when previewing the script as it would when running the script
Old 12th December 2018, 16:42   #6625  |  Link
sneaker_ger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statick View Post
OK by the looks of things that paid one is DGdecNV.dll which isn't what my script is loading - it's loading MeGUI\tools\dgindex\DGDecode.dll, that's the free bundled one isn't it? the updater lists it as DGIndex 1.58 dating from 2010
Sorry, you are right. I didn't know "dgdecode_mpeg2source()" is an alias for "mpeg2source()". Ignore my other posts.
sneaker_ger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2018, 17:31   #6626  |  Link
Statick

update: I've restored an old version from a backup, disabled updates, and encoding to x265 no longer produces the green screen. I don't have time today to go through all the component updates to see what's causing the green problem, but I will get to that soon.

x264 still produces the same crash. It's now that I realise that all the encodes I was doing previously in MeGUI (back when "everything used to work") have all been to x265 - it's likely that x264 has never worked. I'd like to figure out why!
Old 12th December 2018, 20:16   #6627  |  Link
zdzdz

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaker_ger View Post
Worker->Settings.

But usually it doesn't make sense to increase this. I recommend leaving it on low priority.
I've already set that but it's not working. Every job starts at Low.

I use development updates. Maybe that's the problem.
What do you mean by it doesn't make sense? I thought higher priority level utilizes cpu more.
zdzdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2018, 22:58   #6628  |  Link
LeMoi

All my job types are set to Normal in the settings, but when I launch an avs encode, it's Low, a demux Below Normal, etc... Is there another option I haven't found to apply the priority settings?
LeMoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2018, 10:40   #6629  |  Link
pooksahib

Since version 2896, I cannot get two scripts to run together. I've set every Worker option I can find to '3' but if I Queue two scripts and then click Start, all jobs are done one at a time.

It would be great this feature could be returned to the way it was.

Might it be that my copy of MeGUI isn't performing correctly with my Windows 10 PC? I've tried the 32 and 64 bit versions but they both produce a settings screen that just isn't right - words missing and a digit box that can't be clicked. It should look like the screen posted by zdzdz above.

If anyone can identify my problem, I'd be grateful.

Last edited by pooksahib; 13th December 2018 at 13:44.
pooksahib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2018, 13:45   #6630  |  Link
imsrk48

Dear Dev Sir

#feature Please add a feature for default set a fps in AVS Script Creator.

#question How to Add Track Names & Language In MeGUI?

Sent from my LG-M700 using Tapatalk
imsrk48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2018, 15:49   #6631  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

The "default fps" should be the same frame rate as the input video (except for deinterlacing or Inverse Telecine results). Arbitraty frame rate matching usually decreases the quality unnecessarily. And converting VFR content further is not recommendable, anyway. So, why do you believe you need that feature? But check if saving an AviSynth script preset (a template including an FPS conversion) already provides the wanted feature.

You can specify some track attributes explicitly if you use manual multiplexer tools as part of the manual queue management mode. The quicker usage modes (Auto Encode, One Click Encoder) provide less flexibility than the manual mode with queue control.

New German Gleitz board
MediaFire: x264 | x265 | VPx | AOM | Xvid
LigH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2018, 15:57   #6632  |  Link
imsrk48

Quote:
Originally Posted by LigH View Post
The "default fps" should be the same frame rate as the input video (except for deinterlacing or Inverse Telecine results). Arbitraty frame rate matching usually decreases the quality unnecessarily. And converting VFR content further is not recommendable, anyway. So, why do you believe you need that feature? But check if saving an AviSynth script preset (a template including an FPS conversion) already provides the wanted feature.

You can specify some track attributes explicitly if you use manual multiplexer tools as part of the manual queue management mode. The quicker usage modes (Auto Encode, One Click Encoder) provide less flexibility than the manual mode with queue control.
I want to set all contents fps to 23.976 so if possible please add this feature.

Sent from my LG-M700 using Tapatalk
imsrk48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2018, 19:11   #6633  |  Link
hello_hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by imsrk48 View Post
I want to set all contents fps to 23.976 so if possible please add this feature.
It has that feature but you'd generally only use it on 29.97fps telecined sources. Run the analysis in the de-interlacing section under the Filters tab. MeGUI will try to pick the best method, which may or may not involve changing the frame rate. Let MeGUI decide because (no offence) it's probably more likely to get it right.
If you don't like the result, upload a small sample of your source video for someone else to look at, but don't try arbitrarily changing the frame rate.
hello_hello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2018, 14:18   #6634  |  Link
Zathor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMoi View Post
All my job types are set to Normal in the settings, but when I launch an avs encode, it's Low, a demux Below Normal, etc... Is there another option I haven't found to apply the priority settings?
Could you please upload your settings.xml?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zdzdz View Post
I've already set that but it's not working. Every job starts at Low.
Please upload your settings.xml, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooksahib View Post
Since version 2896, I cannot get two scripts to run together. I've set every Worker option I can find to '3' but if I Queue two scripts and then click Start, all jobs are done one at a time.
If you delete all rule sets, your are back to the old behaviour.

Quote:
Might it be that my copy of MeGUI isn't performing correctly with my Windows 10 PC? I've tried the 32 and 64 bit versions but they both produce a settings screen that just isn't right - words missing and a digit box that can't be clicked. It should look like the screen posted by zdzdz above.
Please upload your full log as I do need dpi values of your screen(s).
Zathor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2018, 14:33   #6635  |  Link
Zetti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetti View Post
MediaInfo v18.12 is released.
Zetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2018, 14:48   #6636  |  Link
Zathor

Thanks, Zetti. Forgot to mention that one.
I will NOT update for the moment as I need to figure out the changes which have been done in 18.08 already. For the moment MeGUI is still on 18.05

Last edited by Zathor; 15th December 2018 at 15:16.
Old 15th December 2018, 15:33   #6637  |  Link
pooksahib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathor View Post
If you delete all rule sets, your are back to the old behaviour. Please upload your full log as I do need dpi values of your screen(s).
Hello Zathor and thank you so much for the reply. With all 'rule sets' deleted, I can now run two jobs together. It took me a while to discover how to delete a rule set as the button for it is hidden (see the image in post #6710) but luckily there was just enough visible to click on.

As requested, here's the log. Hopefully, you can find out why my 'Options' screen is not displayed correctly. Thank you once again.
Attached Files
File Type: txt logfile-18-12-15_14-19-23.txt (31.5 KB, 17 views)

Last edited by pooksahib; 15th December 2018 at 21:28.
pooksahib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2018, 07:04   #6638  |  Link
kuchikirukia

Quote:
Originally Posted by imsrk48 View Post
This is exactly LigH's point of why this should NOT be implemented. Forcing this frame rate will destroy all content that's not already 23.976fps, and it's unnecessary for all content that already is.

If you have 29.976 content that's telecined you should be inverse telecining it, not forcing it to drop frames.
kuchikirukia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2018, 14:03   #6639  |  Link
LeMoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathor View Post
Could you please upload your settings.xml?
My bad, I didn't understand the way the new worker settings were displayed in the settings panel, I changed them again so they are all set to normal, I'll try again and see if it's OK
LeMoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2018, 15:20   #6640  |  Link
Zathor

Quote:
As requested, here's the log. Hopefully, you can find out why my 'Options' screen is not displayed correctly. Thank you once again.
Thanks for the log, I was able to reproduce the problem. A fix should be available soon (however you have to switch to the development update server to get it for now).