Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 18th August 2015, 16:56   #23081  |  Link
mrklaw

ok, ripping top gun 3D using MakeMKV backup, then using a fresh copy of BD Rebuilder and scanning the backup folder I get the errors

"BD Rebuilder experienced and error 2603 [timestamp] ScanDirectory( 00006 2603"
OK
"BD Rebuilder experienced an error 2705 [timestamp] BuildTreeList() 00009 2705"
OK

it then seems to proceed and shows the basic structure of the disc. It still complains a few times when selecting the mode, but it does appear to eventually encode.

Going back and trying Dredd or Cloudy and no joy again - same error. I've tried redoing the backup from makeMKV as well.

edit: full version of help/inspect
[08/18/15] Checking System Settings
- BD-Rebuilder v0.50.07
- Windows Version: 6.2 [9200]
- Working Path Free Space: 119.25GB
- AVISYNTH Version: 2.5.8.0, Ok
- LAVFILTERS: Ok
- AnyDVD settings check: Ok.
- X264: Ok
- AFTEN: Ok
- FAAC: Ok
- MP4BOX: Ok
- WAVI: Ok
- TSMUXER: Wrong version found
- FRIMEncode: Wrong version found
- FRIMDecode: Wrong version found
[08/18/15] Systems Settings Check complete

Last edited by mrklaw; 18th August 2015 at 17:37.
mrklaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2015, 17:47   #23082  |  Link
HWK

I wonder if win 10 causing issues

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
Old 19th August 2015, 13:01   #23083  |  Link
andref4

no problems here with BD-Reb on my Win 10 test PC. I know that Cloudy 2 3D is has Multiangel playlists but bd-reb can handel this but you MUST create ISO Backups of your 3D movies and not copy the hole movie to hdd Folder. Mount the 3D iso and use it with BD-Rebuilder. If I try to backup Cloudy 2 3D from HDD Folder the backup is corrupt and faulty and movie stops at a few minutes.

Please try another program to copy your movies to HDD and if you have a 3D movie, please create ISOs and dont copy it to HDD Folder.
andref4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2015, 16:27   #23084  |  Link
mrklaw

how do I create isos? using the backup mode of makeMKV has given me no problems in the past. I was wondering if cloudy was going to cause trouble but Dredd should be fine - and it isn't even getting to the encoding stage, it is crapping out before it does anything.

I'm going to try on my kids laptop - not very powerful but at least it'll help me understand if win10 is doing something odd. Will have to copy 20+GB of rip across to it though.

edit: I have also tried with DVD Fab in the background which should allow BD Rebuilder to work directly from the disc - like AnyDVD HD would. That gave the same error when opening the disc.

edit2: Working fine on kids laptop with a fresh install on win 8.1. Confused. It is now doing a very slow encode with the source file being accessed over the network

Hopefully any issues with win10 get sorted. I can manage with one or two encodes on the laptop but not sustainable

Last edited by mrklaw; 19th August 2015 at 17:22.
Old 19th August 2015, 16:41   #23085  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

Right click the anydvd fox tray icon > rip to image, all done. The fact that MakeMKV worked in the past means nothing, 3D discs work differently than 2D disc and the main cause of that is the ssif files.

Mount the ISO in a virtual drive software > point BDRB to the virtual drive > knock yourself out and have it do what you want it to do
Ch3vr0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2015, 19:53   #23086  |  Link
mrklaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch3vr0n View Post
Right click the anydvd fox tray icon > rip to image, all done. The fact that MakeMKV worked in the past means nothing, 3D discs work differently than 2D disc and the main cause of that is the ssif files.

Mount the ISO in a virtual drive software > point BDRB to the virtual drive > knock yourself out and have it do what you want it to do
I don't have anyDVD HD - I was doing fine with MakeMKV. Is it worth buying?

I've ripped about 10 3D discs before with no issues, using BD Rebuilder to make half SBS 1080p output. I actually had to switch to BD Rebuilder because the Xbox one doesn't play the output of other tools properly in plex - there seems to be some difference in the profile or something.

It does seem to be win10 at least on my machine as I've done 3D discs in the past and the makeMKV backup seems to be working on the other computer. I just don't know why - I've reinstalled all the elements as per the readme.txt.
Old 19th August 2015, 20:31   #23087  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

i can't speak for MakeMKV i don't use that. Check if your DVDFab thing can rip to image. Same thing, and if that don't work, make one with IMGBurn as long as a decrypter is running. Whatever you use, if you want the disc structure to be copied correctly AND avoid a rip that's twice the size of the source disc you need to rip to an disc image (ISO or equivalent). There's no way around that
Old 24th August 2015, 03:54   #23088  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Quote:
Right click the anydvd fox tray icon > rip to image, all done. The fact that MakeMKV worked in the past means nothing,..
Sure it does. Perhaps that was a mistype you did? One is always able to learn from the past how a program functions or changes function; or how programs shares functionality with other programs. It's why programmers are able to exchange, and why SourceForge exists.

@ HWK & JDobbs

I resolved Titanic 3D to 2D graphical glitches when making an MKV from Blu-ray disk 1. The challenge was with my SSD and OP (Over Provisioning) it seems(?). I'm still checking that. I've been able to make my own BD-50 with a cool menu and break between what would an intermission. I also made another by updating my BD 2D with 3D's Full Screen (rerendering needed). Thus far all visuals are as 2D should be. I appreciate the offer of help from you to check it.

@ JD

I hope the addition of your bottom right icon has proven.....clickable to many in/outside this forum.
Old 24th August 2015, 04:19   #23089  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

Euhm no it means nothing. A new version can easily have had a bug causing it to fail. We're not talking about new functions, but simple iso rip
Old 26th August 2015, 15:56   #23090  |  Link
varekai

Quote:
Euhm no it means nothing. A new version can easily have had a bug causing it to fail. We're not talking about new functions, but simple iso rip
Euhm... You got a sore throat or what?
varekai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2015, 15:58   #23091  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

And your post is relevant to the post you quoted how exactly? That discussion has nothing to do with you

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk
Old 26th August 2015, 16:21   #23092  |  Link
varekai

Do the Euhm test...
varekai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2015, 16:56   #23093  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

And that post is relevant to the same discussion how exactly? Take whatever test that is yourself and stop cluttering up this topic with posts that aren't relevant

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Last edited by Ch3vr0n; 26th August 2015 at 17:02.
Old 26th August 2015, 17:13   #23094  |  Link
jdobbs

@varekai

Let's stay on topic and respond to the posts themselves rather than making commentaries on the posts. No big deal...

Thanks.
Old 6th September 2015, 19:29   #23095  |  Link
mparade

AVS filter issues

First of all thank you very much for the great software.

I have found the following possible "issues" in version 050.07:

1.When using in the config file e.g. "AVSFilter01"=p:.....,
this line affects interlaced sources as well. For example, in case of a BD, it (filter1) affects the interlaced sources as well, so it doesn't limit the use of filter1 to the progressive sources.

2. if one wants to use his/her deinterlacer on an interlaced source by using a filter, even in that case the x264 command line will contain a "--tff" option, although the source which is loaded in x264 is progressive already due to the use of filter.
Will -tff option not cause an issue on a progressive input?

3. if one use a deinterlacer (through filter) after setting "deinterlacer_type"=4 and with "Use Deinterlacer on interlaced sources" switched on, the x264 command line will get --fake-interlaced option, but filter1 is missing completely from the AVS file, consequently the input is being processed without using filter(1).

4.if one wants to use his/her deinterlacer on an interlaced source by using a filter, even in that case the x264 command line will contain a "--tff" option, although the source which is loaded in x264 is progressive already due to the use of filter.
After switching on "Convert SD to HD" SeparateFields() and Weave() are inserted as well after filter1 (after the progressive input). Will SeparateFields() and Weave() not cause an issue on a progressive input?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
mparade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2015, 23:55   #23096  |  Link
jdobbs

@mparade

I'll take a look at #1. But for all the others -- you just can't do deinterlacing through the use of filters. There's no way for BD-RB to know that you are doing it -- and therefore change the settings in the output so it is flagged as progressive.

I may be able to create a way in which you can setup an independent filter and (possibly) select it via DEINTERLACER_TYPE=5, or maybe create a new flag that assumes progressive. I'd have to look at it.
Old 7th September 2015, 00:24   #23097  |  Link
mparade

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
@mparade

I'll take a look at #1. But for all the others -- you just can't do deinterlacing through the use of filters. There's no way for BD-RB to know that you are doing it -- and therefore change the settings in the output so it is flagged as progressive.

I may be able to create a way in which you can setup an independent filter and (possibly) select it via DEINTERLACER_TYPE=5, or maybe create a new flag that assumes progressive. I'd have to look at it.
Thank you very much for your efforts in advance. Regarding #1, tomorrow I will clarify with which letters from the 4 (p,e,i,f) I got issues.

P.S. "Unfortunately", I have found an unwanted currency megapack on my shelf that must be posted urgently...
mparade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2015, 03:55   #23098  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mparade View Post
if one wants to use his/her deinterlacer on an interlaced source by using a filter [...]
I've never figured out why people want to deinterlace pure video content. IMHO, it reduces vertical resolution and spacial time. No matter how "good" the deinterlace filter is, you are still trying to combine two separate fields into a single frame. The more the spacial time difference between the fields, the more the vertical resolution is affected.

The only "deinterlacing" that I do really isn't and that is because I do IVTC on 2:3 pulldown 29.97 video to 23.976. In that case the fields are left intact. Pure 1080i I leave well enough alone.
MrVideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2015, 05:05   #23099  |  Link
DoctorM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVideo View Post
I've never figured out why people want to deinterlace pure video content. IMHO, it reduces vertical resolution and spacial time. No matter how "good" the deinterlace filter is, you are still trying to combine two separate fields into a single frame. The more the spacial time difference between the fields, the more the vertical resolution is affected.

The only "deinterlacing" that I do really isn't and that is because I do IVTC on 2:3 pulldown 29.97 video to 23.976. In that case the fields are left intact. Pure 1080i I leave well enough alone.
I agree. 29.97i video should only be deinterlaced to 59.94p IMHO.
DoctorM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2015, 07:28   #23100  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorM View Post
I agree. 29.97i video should only be deinterlaced to 59.94p IMHO.
29.97i should be left as 29.97i. 1080p59.94 is not part of the Blu-ray spec. So, BDR should not attempt to build anything at that rate.
MrVideo is offline   Reply With Quote