Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 6th October 2009, 14:24   #5481  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonknight View Post
hey jdobbs i posted a error that i am getting with NOTORIOUS BIG on the page before this one and was wondering if you looked at it and can give me some in sight on it.
From the first post of this thread:
Quote:
If you decide to download and test -- please post any errors you find in this thread. Don't push bug resolution or keep asking for a fix. I will get to the reported bugs, but only when I can find the time..
Old 6th October 2009, 15:09   #5482  |  Link
Kakashi Sensei

Ok so I have to be doing something wrong. I get a runtime error 9 'Subscript out of Range' when i double click to add or remove an audio. I just recently reinstalled my OS. I have installed all the required apps from the first page. Any ideas what i'm missing to cause this?

Edit: I had the wrong setting, this happened with the default setting for BD5/9 - Sorry for that

Last edited by Kakashi Sensei; 6th October 2009 at 15:12. Reason: Figured it out
Kakashi Sensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2009, 16:53   #5483  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi Sensei View Post
Ok so I have to be doing something wrong. I get a runtime error 9 'Subscript out of Range' when i double click to add or remove an audio. I just recently reinstalled my OS. I have installed all the required apps from the first page. Any ideas what i'm missing to cause this?

Edit: I had the wrong setting, this happened with the default setting for BD5/9 - Sorry for that
Which setting? Even if it is wrong I should be doing a bounds-check on it.
Old 6th October 2009, 17:26   #5484  |  Link
samtroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
Where did you get your copy of WALL-E? I'm looking at MPLS 00081 on the Region A version, and it only has two component parts.
It's the Region B version.
samtroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2009, 17:45   #5485  |  Link
setarip_old

@samtroy
@jdobbs

Processing the REGION B version of "WALL-E" (Different than the Region A version) has already been discussed at length in the following thread:

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...26#post1276826

Try my suggested test/fix detailed in that thread...
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2009, 18:19   #5486  |  Link
Kakashi Sensei

Quote:
Which setting? Even if it is wrong I should be doing a bounds-check on it.
I used the Matrix Revolutions - It was set to target size BD5 and when I tried to double click any audio/subtitle to remove them i got the run time error.

Just tell me what you want and i'll screen cap and give the ini. I think i can reproduce it.
Old 6th October 2009, 20:14   #5487  |  Link
dragonknight

ok sorry about that jdobbs just want to let you know about the other error that i had in another movie.
dragonknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2009, 00:23   #5488  |  Link
Sn8kbordin

Quote:
I agree it's long -- but what makes it "too long?" Unfortunately I'm not sure there's anything I can do about that one because it is created by TSMUXER. I'll look at it.
The file name, " *.dts " is too long. NTFS allows file name up to 255 characters long according to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compari...systems#Limits
Sn8kbordin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2009, 00:24   #5489  |  Link
Sn8kbordin

Quote:
Originally Posted by setarip_old View Post
@samtroy
@jdobbs

Processing the REGION B version of "WALL-E" (Different than the Region A version) has already been discussed at length in the following thread:

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...26#post1276826

Try my suggested test/fix detailed in that thread...
This does work for movie only. Thanks for the tip.
Sn8kbordin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2009, 02:48   #5490  |  Link
setarip_old

@Sn8kbordin
Quote:
This does work for movie only. Thanks for the tip.
You're quite welcome ;>}
Old 7th October 2009, 04:48   #5491  |  Link
setarip_old

Further to something I mentioned about PS3 "freezing" problems, the following was noted at one of the lesser video-related forums:
Quote:
A class action lawsuit has been launched against Sony for their botched introduction of their latest PS3 firmware, 3.00 and 3.01, both of which have caused freezing and controller related problems.

The firmware updates are mandatory for anyone who wants to play online, and so many people have been forced into updating, only to find that their system freezes, that Blu-ray drive no longer reads any drive, or that their controllers stop working.

Sony will repair all machines for free if it is under warranty, but charges a standard $150 fee for out of warranty repairs, which has angered some users enough for them to sue Sony for 'compensation and restitution for breach of implied warranty.'
Old 7th October 2009, 04:48   #5492  |  Link
equad

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwh060 View Post
I have a similar problem with Fast_Furious. Using BD version 03002, the original m2ts is 26G when run through encoding to BD25, the main movie is now 6G. I tried an earlier version but something keep crashing on my system and causing a reboot and BSOD.

Quite strange, first time it's ever happened. Not at home so can't post log or last cmd.

cwh
Hey, i went back and double checked all my settings since my encodes worked on my other computer. Turns out all i needed to do what update ffdShow to the latest version (from their site) instead of the one listed on page 1. I slightly remember having a problem like that when i set it up on my old computer a few months back. Hope that might also help you!
equad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2009, 07:44   #5493  |  Link
GaPony

Quote:
Originally Posted by setarip_old View Post
Further to something I mentioned about PS3 "freezing" problems, the following was noted at one of the lesser video-related forums:
I have to admit that with much trepidation I finally took my new PS3 Slim out of the box, set it up, and updated the firmware to 3.01... Much to my surprise and amazement, everything works perfectly, including games, Blu-Ray and DVD movies, online gaming, and the soon-to-be infamous Playstation Store.

I have since updated the firmware on my other two PS3's and no problems there either. I'm not sure what all the screaming is about, but I have a feeling most of it from those users who think they're smarter than Sony and are hacking away with Linux... which the slim thankfully doesn't even support. The PS3 has always worked well with BD Rebuilder, within the constraints noted early on.

Last edited by GaPony; 7th October 2009 at 08:24.
GaPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2009, 10:42   #5494  |  Link
TheGriF

Anyone found a solution for thise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wijko View Post
Hi,

I've been using BD Rebuilder for a few months now, but with the dutch retail of Pinocchio I came across an error that I haven't seen in the forum.

I hope someone can help. My OS is win7, all drives are NTFS. I used all quality settings and the new version (and two previous ones as well). The error message is as follows:

-----------------------
[17:10:27] BD Rebuilder v0.29.01 (beta)
- Source: PINOCCHIO_GBR_D1
- Input BD size: 31,82 GB
- Approximate total content: [01:52:11.558]
- Target BD size: 22,46 GB
[17:10:27] PHASE ONE, Encoding
- [17:10:27] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00001]
- [17:27:21] Reencoding: VID_00001 (1 of 18)
- [17:27:21] Reencoding secondary video [TRK_02]
- [17:33:36] Collecting video information
- Video: 1920x1080, 23,976fps, 126.216 frames
- Bitrate: 16.246 Kbs
- [17:33:36] Reencoding: VID_00001, Pass 1 of 2
- [19:01:00] Reencoding: VID_00001, Pass 2 of 2
- [22:05:52] Video Encode complete
- [22:05:52] Reencoding audio tracks (if req'd)
- [22:05:52] Multiplexing M2TS
- Error in attempt to multiplex: MUX_00001.meta
- Pes packet len too large ( >100Mb). Bad stream or invalid codec speciffed.
[22:06:58] - Failed to build structure, aborted

Thanks for any insights on this issue.

Anyone found a solution for thise one?? i DO have made seach on forum, but can't find anything

I'm self running under Vista 64bit since Win 7 gave me to many movies that i couldnt enconder with BD Rebuilder..

and to jodbbs: YOU RULEZ! and my deaply respect for your really hardwork, to get os thise wonderfull tool!
TheGriF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2009, 14:12   #5495  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGriF View Post
Anyone found a solution for thise one?? i DO have made seach on forum, but can't find anything

I'm self running under Vista 64bit since Win 7 gave me to many movies that i couldnt enconder with BD Rebuilder..

and to jodbbs: YOU RULEZ! and my deaply respect for your really hardwork, to get os thise wonderfull tool!
A guess would be a bad rip -- but I can't say for sure. The error is returned from TSMUXER.
Old 7th October 2009, 16:24   #5496  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharc View Post
No, I didn't do any preprocessing.
Files showing the oddness (re-encoded but not resized):
00002.m2ts (Studio intro)
00125.m2ts (Segment of the main feature). In addition, all audio (DTS) and sups were kept and muxed intact for this segment, instead of being selected and re-encoded to ac3 for audio. It is noted that the 00125.m2ts belongs to the playlist for the "extended version". It is not used for the "theatre version".
The problem (no resizing to 720p and no stripping of audio and sups for mentioned segment) still persists with v0.30.02. Any clue as to why this happens?
I looked at this. 00002.M2TS is not a studio intro, it is a menu background, and it not supposed to resize for that reason. Same for the audio... menu audio is not supposed to be reencoded.

00125.M2TS is not resized because it is not 1920x1080 -- it is 720x480. In my disc, at least, it is not a part of the extended version (it is an extra called "Advertising the Games").

So, at least from what I see, there isn't a bug.

Last edited by jdobbs; 7th October 2009 at 16:27.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2009, 16:25   #5497  |  Link
cwh060

Quote:
Originally Posted by equad View Post
Hey, i went back and double checked all my settings since my encodes worked on my other computer. Turns out all i needed to do what update ffdShow to the latest version (from their site) instead of the one listed on page 1. I slightly remember having a problem like that when i set it up on my old computer a few months back. Hope that might also help you!
Thanks equad, I will give this a try tonight when I return home.

cwh
cwh060 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2009, 16:46   #5498  |  Link
Kakashi Sensei

Just to let you know about FFDshow, I used a later version then whats on the main page and all my VC1 BD's re-encoded had stuttered video, ALL of them, this version on the front page gave me flawless encodes of any source. So test it out first if you are going to a newer version.
Old 7th October 2009, 17:01   #5499  |  Link
jdobbs

You just have to be careful and not "upgrade" the minute a new version of FFDSHOW is released -- give it some time. I'm currently using Revision 2857 and am not seeing any problems.
Old 7th October 2009, 17:32   #5500  |  Link
Sharc

Quote:
I looked at this. 00002.M2TS is not a studio intro, it is a menu background, and it not supposed to resize for that reason. Same for the audio... menu audio is not supposed to be reencoded.
Yes, you are right, it's a (VC-1) menu background. I didn't know that it is not supposed to be resized. So that's ok then, thanks.
Quote:
00125.M2TS is not resized because it is not 1920x1080 -- it is 720x480. In my disc, at least, it is not a part of the extended version (it is an extra called "Advertising the Games").
So, at least from what I see, there isn't a bug
Interesting. The 00125.m2ts is a full fledged AVC 1920x1088 video segment here (Region B). It is only used for the playback of a scene of the 'extended version'. Could there be an inconsistency with the playlist? What is the decision to resize - or not - based on?
Sharc is offline   Reply With Quote