Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 1st November 2019, 09:46   #141  |  Link
mdalacu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmango View Post
But IMHO, the best option would still be to drop the Metadata by default (as this seems to be needed for it to work with your tool) and write the text in the text boxes for each stream. (this is how mkvmergegui does it).

Or you could also keep only the current codec column and add the output codec there, i. ex like this if dts is converted to ac3 : "dts > ac3".

Thanks.
1. Hi, now you have an option in Settings to chouse what you want by default.
2. I will not do it since it is already shown in stream settings.
mdalacu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2019, 09:50   #142  |  Link
mdalacu

Quote:
3 more things:

1. It isn't possible to see the output log properly in the queue. (you could perhaps display it on the lower part of the screen when an entry is selected).

2. When running a job, the output log can't be scrolled properly (it always refreshes the output back to the bottom).

3. Please also add the possibility to edit a queue entry (i.ex a button to send it back to the edit screen?)

This app is great!

Thanks!
1. It way to complicated for me to change this part. When it finisthes you can select the Output field for the job and hit CTRL+C and paste into a text editor and you will have the complete visible output.
2. It is a bug on Linux, on Windows you have a checkbox "" Follow" which does inhibit the automatic scrooling. On Linux i can not control this behavior.
3. It is impossible by current queue implementation. Not for near feature.
Thanks.
PS. I have uploaded a new version with drop metadata default option.
Old 14th November 2019, 09:29   #143  |  Link
ReinerSchweinlin

Thanx for the help with AAC-HE

Bitrate in Audio per Channel:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdalacu View Post
Sorry but no...
At first i wanted to do Container profiles witch was a collection of stream profiles but i never had the time to implement this...sorry.
Ok. Maybe I thought this to be too simple.. I had something like this in mind:

Stream 1: 8 Channels (7.1)
Stream 2: 2 Channels (Stereo, other language)
Stream 3: 1 Channel (Commentary)

Right now there seemes no way to convert these audiostreams in one batch to give everyone the bitrate that would be appropriate.

But if bitrate was set "per channel" in the GUI, it could be parsed to the encoder simply by multiplying with the amounts of channels (which are already known).

For example, set Bitrate per channel: 64 kbit/s

So Stream
1 gets 8 x 64 = 512 kbit/s
2 gets 2 x 64 = 128...
3 gets 1 x 64 ...

Sounds simple, but probably isnīt easy to implement.

About -grain:
I didn't try within ffmpeg, but presets, tune settings etc... can be set in ffmpeg for x265 and x264.. And since both have the -grain option, I thought this would be a no brainer. Why should the ffmpeg implementation of x265 leave this out?

Addition: Just noticed that ripbot is using ffmpeg as well - and here --grain can be used. Maybe this helps?

Last edited by ReinerSchweinlin; 14th November 2019 at 22:32.
ReinerSchweinlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2019, 05:48   #144  |  Link
Bigmango

Thanks for the fixes.

There is another BUG: can't send jobs to the queue while a job is running.

Procedure:

1. Send a job to the queue and start it.

2. Load a new file and edit a new job. As soon as the first job ends, the new job is canceled (everything disappears from the editing window while I am still editing it).

Disabling the clear settings option doesn't change anything.

Could you please fix it so we can add jobs to the queue while jobs are running?

Thanks!
Bigmango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2019, 22:38   #145  |  Link
mdalacu

Quote:
Thanks for the fixes.

There is another BUG: can't send jobs to the queue while a job is running.

Procedure:

1. Send a job to the queue and start it.

2. Load a new file and edit a new job. As soon as the first job ends, the new job is canceled (everything disappears from the editing window while I am still editing it).

Disabling the clear settings option doesn't change anything.

Could you please fix it so we can add jobs to the queue while jobs are running?

Thanks!
Thanks for reporting. I have corrected it. Thou i hope i didn't broke anything else since i removed something which made no sense to me now... I am sure that id did when i wrote it.. ;-)))
Just redownload.
Old 15th November 2019, 22:43   #146  |  Link
mdalacu

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReinerSchweinlin View Post

Right now there seemes no way to convert these audiostreams in one batch to give everyone the bitrate that would be appropriate.

But if bitrate was set "per channel" in the GUI, it could be parsed to the encoder simply by multiplying with the amounts of channels (which are already known).

So Stream
2 gets 2 x 64 = 128...
3 gets 1 x 64 ...

About -grain:
I didn't try within ffmpeg, but presets, tune settings etc... can be set in ffmpeg for x265 and x264.. And since both have the -grain option, I thought this would be a no brainer. Why should the ffmpeg implementation of x265 leave this out?

Addition: Just noticed that ripbot is using ffmpeg as well - and here --grain can be used. Maybe this helps?
I have implemented audio bitrate per chanel. It is rough. You need to activated from editing the ini file. Look for and edit like this AudioBitratePerChanell=1. The file is located in ~\AppData\Local\dmMediaConverter\Config
For now it is only working in Convert and Bulk
Please report.
Thank you.
Old 16th November 2019, 00:02   #147  |  Link
Bigmango

Thanks!
Old 16th November 2019, 10:49   #148  |  Link
mdalacu

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdalacu View Post
I have implemented audio bitrate per chanel. It is rough. You need to activated from editing the ini file. Look for and edit like this AudioBitratePerChanell=1. The file is located in ~\AppData\Local\dmMediaConverter\Config
For now it is only working in Convert and Bulk
Please report.
Thank you.
Audio bitrate per channel.
It is exposed in settings now.
Only for windows now, I will update when i get a chance to compile for linux.
EDIT: i have updated the linux version also.

Last edited by mdalacu; 17th November 2019 at 21:06.
Old 17th November 2019, 03:02   #149  |  Link
manolito

Working great here...

Thanks very much
manolito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2019, 21:58   #150  |  Link
mdalacu

Quote:
Originally Posted by manolito View Post
Working great here...

Thanks very much
Thank you manolito for testing!
Old 18th November 2019, 23:52   #151  |  Link
ReinerSchweinlin

Bitrate per channel - works like a charm Thank you very much !!!!
ReinerSchweinlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2020, 16:22   #152  |  Link
mdalacu

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReinerSchweinlin View Post

So Stream
2 gets 2 x 64 = 128...
3 gets 1 x 64 ...

About -grain:

Hi, i have rechecked and to my surprise now grain and animation profiles for x265 are present, so i have added them.
I will not post a intermediate release, just wait for v2.4.1, it's around the corner..:-))
Old 5th January 2020, 12:14   #153  |  Link
mdalacu

Here we go!
https://dmsimpleapps.blogspot.com/20...converter.html
Windows and x64 linux versions are up!
I hope you enjoy it and like always, please provide feedback!

2020.01.05 - v2.4.1 - Added eac3 audio codec
- Added set audio bitrate per channel. It is very useful in bulk operation where you can have multiple files with different number of channels. You activate this option in settings. I use it for every job type now and i recommend it turning it on.
- Added tunes grain and animation for x265 like x264 had.
- HW Video decoding. You can squeeze some more fps with this. You can find this in Options.
- You can now put some custom option in IN and OUT section of ffmpeg commands. In Options those are permanent, in More.. are only for that run. Use the hints for an example.
- Stream disposition. Now you can set like default or forced flag for a stream (audio, subtitle, etc.) Just right click on that stream and you will see the options. Green means default, bold means forced.
- Some bugs corrected. Ex. opening the app and had Enabled and Copy columns with width 0.
- Updated ffmpeg version. Using 4.2.1 now. For x64 Linux I also provide an separated ffmpeg archive compiled with libmfx support, Intel Quick Sync. You can use this only on Ubuntu version 19.04 and up. You need also to install the necessary librarys.
sudo apt-get install libmfx1 libmfx-tools
On Windows i bundle the up with ffmpeg complied for x64, a little more speed. If you need 32bit then download the provided archive and replace ffmpeg binarys.

Last edited by mdalacu; 5th January 2020 at 12:17.
Old 6th January 2020, 01:16   #154  |  Link
manolito

Tested under WinXP using the current XP compatible FFmpeg version by Reino from here:
https://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/forum/vie...&t=6930#p15446

No problems whatsoever, the Fraunhofer LibFDK-AAC audio encoder also works fine (after you enable it in the dmMediaConverter.ini file in the local user folder by setting "AudioEnablelibFDK=0" to 1).

Cheers
manolito
Old 6th January 2020, 06:23   #155  |  Link
mdalacu

Quote:

Tested under WinXP using the current XP compatible FFmpeg version by Reino from here:
https://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/forum/vie...&t=6930#p15446

No problems whatsoever, the Fraunhofer LibFDK-AAC audio encoder also works fine (after you enable it in the dmMediaConverter.ini file in the local user folder by setting "AudioEnablelibFDK=0" to 1).

Cheers
manolito
Thank you Manolito! :-)
Old 6th January 2020, 11:27   #156  |  Link
Bigmango

Thank you sooo much for this great app.

Question : is there any reason the frauenhofer aac isn't an option toggle in the gui ?

And as it is of higher quality than the default aac, a visual option that shows if it is in use (=supported by the active ffmpeg library) would be nice.

Thanks!
Old 6th January 2020, 12:29   #157  |  Link
mdalacu

Quote:
Thank you sooo much for this great app.

Question : is there any reason the frauenhofer aac isn't an option toggle in the gui ?

And as it is of higher quality than the default aac, a visual option that shows if it is in use (=supported by the active ffmpeg library) would be nice.

Thanks!
Some legal stuff...
Old 7th January 2020, 00:34   #158  |  Link
manolito

From trac.ffmpeg:
Quote:
The license of libfdk_aac is not compatible with GPL, so the GPL does not permit distribution of binaries containing incompatible code when GPL-licensed code is also included. Therefore this encoder have been designated as "non-free", and you cannot download a pre-built ffmpeg that supports it. This can be resolved by compiling ffmpeg yourself.
So there is no doubt that FFmpeg binaries with built-in libfdk_aac cannot be distributed without violating the GPL. For the devs who want lib_fdk support the solution is to compile FFmpeg with libfdk support enabled, but without actually including any libfdk code within the FFmpeg binary.

Legally this may be a grey area, I am no lawyer and have no substantiated opinion on this. To me it looks similar as when FFmpeg is used by some commercial software. Even if this commercial software does not work without the GPLed FFmpeg, the GPL is not violated as long as the FFmpeg code is not modified to accommodate the commercial software.

The 2 FFmpeg distributions I am aware of which do it this way are the one by Reino which I have linked to, and the other one is by Sherpya at
https://oss.netfarm.it/mplayer/

//EDIT//
To toggle the LibFDK option in the GUI automatically you could write a small batch file which checks if FFmpeg supports LibFDK (just run "ffmpeg.exe -buildconf", redirect the output to a temp file and search this file for the string "--enable-libfdk-aac") , then modifies dmMediaConverter.ini accordingly and finally calls dmMediaConverter.exe. Should be easy...

Last edited by manolito; 7th January 2020 at 07:15.
Old 7th January 2020, 03:11   #159  |  Link
Bigmango

Quote:
To toggle the LibFDK option in the GUI automatically you could write a small batch file which checks if FFmpeg supports LibFDK (just run "ffmpeg.exe -buildconf", redirect the output to a temp file and search this file for the string "--enable-libfdk-aac") , then modifies dmMediaConverter.ini accordingly and finally calls dmMediaConverter.exe. Should be easy...
+1

Yes, this would be nice, with a visual option somewhere in the GUI to show it is enabled.

Many thanks.
Old 7th January 2020, 07:03   #160  |  Link
mdalacu

The problem is that i do distribute a ffmpeg with libfdk prebuild ...but i do not make it easily available in GUI...I hope this way will not get me into trouble. (wishful thinking...i know)

Last edited by mdalacu; 7th January 2020 at 08:02.

Tags
ffmpeg, frontend, gui, handbrake, linux