Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 12th December 2009, 16:34   #6281  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
Originally Posted by eTiMaGo View Post
I noticed something today, can't find any reference to it here, but does BD-Rebuilder tell TsMuxer to downmix DTS-HD to plain DTS?

I am asking this because, on many of my movies, when I play the original disc in any player, and use the "display" option of the player, it will correctly report DTS-HD. But, when I do this with the BD-rebuilder converted version of the movie, the player info only shows DTS.

In the BD-rebuilder settings, I confirm that I have always had it set up to keep HD audio, do not reencode DTS, etc, the way it should be to leave audio untouched.

So, what gives? it it just a remuxing-related glitch?
As I understand it, if you are making a full backup to BD-25, BD-RB will keep the HD audio as it is. If you are doing a AVCHD, to BD5/9, it will convert/reencode the audio to keep it compliant.

EDIT: jdobbs just explained. ^
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2009, 16:52   #6282  |  Link
eTiMaGo

Yes, I forgot to mention, it's all for BD25 conversions, and I am 99% sure that I always leave the "Keep HD Audio" option checked... I'm converting a couple new releases now so I'll double check that when they are done
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2009, 21:55   #6283  |  Link
hoju3508

Did you check it with BDInfo?

Just checked it with one of my recent conversion of Public Enemies (movie only) and it said it was DTS HD-MA.

Last edited by hoju3508; 12th December 2009 at 22:00. Reason: Movie only
hoju3508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2009, 01:52   #6284  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by eTiMaGo View Post
Yes, I forgot to mention, it's all for BD25 conversions, and I am 99% sure that I always leave the "Keep HD Audio" option checked... I'm converting a couple new releases now so I'll double check that when they are done
If you have "Keep HD Audio" selected -- I'm certain you are keeping the exact HD audio that was on the original. How it registers in playback or verifying software I can't confirm. It should be easy to tell just by the size of the extracted audio files (.DTS or .AC3).
Old 13th December 2009, 09:57   #6285  |  Link
Denada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsbackup View Post
Haali and avisynth are just straight installs.
What works for me, is ffdshow settings:
video decoder/encoder configurations / codecs:
H.264/AVC = libavcodec
mpeg2 = libmpeg2
VC-1 = disabled
The rest of the settings I just use the default for ffdshow installation.
There may be other settings that will work, but these have yet to fail me!
I also am getting theses encoder errors with the latest 2 versions of BD Rebuilder, I also checked the ffdshow settings, but they seem to be fine (the same as you mentioned), any other suggestions?

I did install a new K-Lite codec pack btw, would it help if i reinstalled haali or avisynth?
Denada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2009, 14:49   #6286  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denada View Post
I also am getting theses encoder errors with the latest 2 versions of BD Rebuilder, I also checked the ffdshow settings, but they seem to be fine (the same as you mentioned), any other suggestions?

I did install a new K-Lite codec pack btw, would it help if i reinstalled haali or avisynth?
Yes. Codec packs are notorious for changing your settings.
Old 13th December 2009, 15:54   #6287  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
Yes. Codec packs are notorious for changing your settings.
Perhaps one of your biggest headaches.
Even an update of ffdshow can change the settings.
Old 13th December 2009, 16:28   #6288  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Perhaps one of your biggest headaches.
Even an update of ffdshow can change the settings.
I could add code to change the settings to what suits me when I startup too -- but then I'd be just as bad as the people I'm complaining about... It would be nice to have the bug reports start flowing in their direction for a change, though.

Last edited by jdobbs; 13th December 2009 at 16:31.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2009, 17:43   #6289  |  Link
Sounddude
Movie Junky

Don't know if this is a bug or not.
Did a full disc backup (my first attempt with this software) to 25GB with latest version (of the software) of Van Helsing...no errors reported...everything went fine. Burned to BD-R 25GB and played perfect on computer using TotalMedia Theatre3. Tried in Pioneer BDP-51FD standalone and was able to play extras and anything in the menu with the exception of the main movie. The FBI warnings, etc., played, then froze as soon as the movie was supposed to start. I don't have another standalone to try it in, so I don't know if it's a glitch in BD-Rebuilder or the player.

edit: It also froze in Power dvd software, only plays using TotalMedia Theatre.

Last edited by Sounddude; 13th December 2009 at 19:47.
Sounddude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2009, 00:11   #6290  |  Link
drmih

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sounddude View Post
Don't know if this is a bug or not.
Did a full disc backup (my first attempt with this software) to 25GB with latest version (of the software) of Van Helsing...no errors reported...everything went fine. Burned to BD-R 25GB and played perfect on computer using TotalMedia Theatre3. Tried in Pioneer BDP-51FD standalone and was able to play extras and anything in the menu with the exception of the main movie. The FBI warnings, etc., played, then froze as soon as the movie was supposed to start. I don't have another standalone to try it in, so I don't know if it's a glitch in BD-Rebuilder or the player.

edit: It also froze in Power dvd software, only plays using TotalMedia Theatre.
Van Helsing may be one of those quirky titles. I did it to bd-9 and it was one of those that doesn't play the audio when on a Sony standalone. Although these images have been shown to work if burnt to a bd-25, I have always felt that there is something just not quite right with what bd-rb is doing.
drmih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2009, 01:46   #6291  |  Link
Sounddude
Movie Junky

I just did it using RipBot with multi-AVCHD and making a dvd-9 using AC3 and it plays fine like all my other AVCHD's. Now to try a dvd-9 with BD-Rebuilder...will report back with findings.
Sounddude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2009, 02:09   #6292  |  Link
jr08toy

Anyone have working settings for Imgburn? I've been trying to burn some of the BD9s I've made with BDRB and they only hang on my standalone player.

I'm using Imgburn 2.5.0.0
My burner is an LG BH08LS20
My standalone BD player is an LG BD390
Media is Verbatim DVD+R DL

All my standalone player does is says Bluray, then error and spits it back out. Any ideas or input would be greatly appreciated.
  • Windows Vista Ultimate 32bit
jr08toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2009, 02:22   #6293  |  Link
Capsbackup

@drmih;
I assume you are referring to a full disc backup to BD9, not movie only? I had a similar experience before on a full backup to BD5, where the intro previews and menu played fine, but when you select to play the main movie, the movie played fine, but just no audio is heard.( On my Sony BDP-BX1) This same disc, when played back on a Sony BDP-301, was fine, audio played perfectly. Also, when played back on my CPU with PowerDVD, all was fine. Seems some players are more tolerable than others.
When I burned this same backup/files to BD-RE media, the audio played back perfectly.
I have never had a movie only backup to BD5/9 media not play the audio, or audio is not heard while playing the movie.
Old 14th December 2009, 02:25   #6294  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr08toy View Post
Anyone have working settings for Imgburn? I've been trying to burn some of the BD9s I've made with BDRB and they only hang on my standalone player.

I'm using Imgburn 2.5.0.0
My burner is an LG BH08LS20
My standalone BD player is an LG BD390
Media is Verbatim DVD+R DL

All my standalone player does is says Bluray, then error and spits it back out. Any ideas or input would be greatly appreciated.
Are these full movie backups or movie only backups?
If you burn the same files to BD-RE media, does it work.
Do you have IMGBurn set to UDF 2.50 file system?
Have you ever had a BD-RB backup play successfully?
Old 14th December 2009, 02:46   #6295  |  Link
setarip_old

@jr08toy

Hi!

In addition to setting IMGBurn for "UDF" and "UDF 2.50", I strongly suggest that you burn your D/L media at no faster than 2.4X - and make sure you're selecting the folder that CONTAINS the "BDMV" folder (and possibly, the "CERTIFICATE" folder)...
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2009, 03:21   #6296  |  Link
jr08toy

Quote:
Are these full movie backups or movie only backups?
If you burn the same files to BD-RE media, does it work.
Do you have IMGBurn set to UDF 2.50 file system?
Have you ever had a BD-RB backup play successfully?
I've never tried burning to anything other than DVD-DL. I really don't want to purchase BD-Rs, so no. I have Imburn set to UDF 2.50 yes. I can play the videos that I have backed up via BDRB with no problems. Basically I have (2) 1 TB drives that I am storing my movies. If I want to watch one of the movies, I just open the file directly into powerdvd. No audio/video issues at all with content.

Quote:
Originally Posted by setarip_old View Post
@jr08toy

Hi!

In addition to setting IMGBurn for "UDF" and "UDF 2.50", I strongly suggest that you burn your D/L media at no faster than 2.4X - and make sure you're selecting the folder that CONTAINS the "BDMV" folder (and possibly, the "CERTIFICATE" folder)...
Check. My folder structure is the movie name, with subfolders of BDMV, CERTIFICATE, etc. I pick the main folder and it gets everything. 2.4x is what I've been doing.

Like I said, I'll put the disc into the standalone, it'll show BD on the player, then ERROR and spit it back out. It won't even try to play the disc...
Old 14th December 2009, 03:59   #6297  |  Link
Capsbackup

@jr08toy;
Are these full movie backups or movie only backups that will not play on your LG BD390?
Have you ever had a BD-RB backup play successfully on your LG BD390?
I test with BD-RE, fairly inexpensive and good for testing!
Old 14th December 2009, 04:10   #6298  |  Link
jr08toy

Quote:
@jr08toy;
Are these full movie backups or movie only backups that will not play on your LG BD390?
Have you ever had a BD-RB backup play successfully on your LG BD390?
I test with BD-RE, fairly inexpensive and good for testing!
I'm sorry. Yes, they are all full movie backups. I got the standalone player about 2 weeks ago so only this past week have I been trying to burn discs to play on the BD390. The discs that I burn won't even player thru the Bluray ROM on my computer. PowerDVD just hangs on 00:00:00. So I'm thinking that it is something in the settings of Imgburn and not my players... any ideas?
Old 14th December 2009, 04:27   #6299  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr08toy View Post
I'm sorry. Yes, they are all full movie backups. I got the standalone player about 2 weeks ago so only this past week have I been trying to burn discs to play on the BD390. The discs that I burn won't even player thru the Bluray ROM on my computer. PowerDVD just hangs on 00:00:00. So I'm thinking that it is something in the settings of Imgburn and not my players... any ideas?
I don't think it is IMGBurn. The BD 390 is probably not your best choice if playing BD-RB backups is what you are looking for. Read the player compatibility thread to learn more.
PowerDVD is hit or miss when playing back BD-RB full movie backups too. Movie only is much better success rate.
I would suggest taking a few of your newly created backups to your local retailer that you purchased your LG from that wont play and test them on other players, mainly the Sony's. I think you will find that they will work on the Sony BDP S360/560 and maybe 460.
At least you can rule out a bad burn/backup.
Then, depending on your results, you can decide what is most important to you. The LG may be a good player, but not for BD-RB backups!
Old 14th December 2009, 04:48   #6300  |  Link
jr08toy

Son-of-a...

Alright, well, I just tried my 8th disc of the night and it didn't work. Go figure! Argh!

Maybe I'll take it over to BestBuy and put it in one of their players and see if it works... then pick up some Verbatim BD-Rs.

I've also tried WinDVD w/ Bluray Support and it hangs with that as well.

Shouldn't the BDROM at least be able to read the discs?