Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Old 2nd August 2020, 13:30   #1001  |  Link
clsid

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterw2 View Post
Does mpc-hc support full 10bit video processing (with EVR-CP options "Force 10bit RGB Input" + "10bit RGB output" + "D3D fullscreen mode") with a 10 bit monitor ?
I dunno. I don't have a 10-bit monitor. Use madVR if you want 10-bit output.

The main benefit of 10-bit video lies in the encoding process where it can improve compression efficiency. The visual quality difference of sending 8 or 10-bit to the monitor is very very small.
clsid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2020, 08:24   #1002  |  Link
v0lt

When you enable 10-bit output in the EVR-CP and see it in statistics, it probably doesn't work. You just specify 10-bit format for the D3D9 backbuffer, but display output can be 8-bit.

D3D9 supports 10-bit output very poorly. You won't even be able to correctly identify the display mode.
IDirect3D9::GetAdapterDisplayMode
Quote:
GetAdapterDisplayMode will not return the correct format when the display is in an extended format, such as 2:10:10:10. Instead, it returns the format X8R8G8B8.
v0lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2020, 21:41   #1003  |  Link
apophis906

I just tested out 1.9.7 and for some reason it clears out my keyboard shortcut for exit. I tried to reset it and it clears it out after every start. I have it set to the same as stop so that when I press stop on my remote it closes down. This has worked fine through 1.9.6 but for some reason 1.9.7 clears the slot for exit. Even if I try to use another button's keyboard shortcut it wont exit when its pressed.
apophis906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2020, 22:04   #1004  |  Link
adipose

Quote:
Originally Posted by apophis906 View Post
I just tested out 1.9.7 and for some reason it clears out my keyboard shortcut for exit. I tried to reset it and it clears it out after every start. I have it set to the same as stop so that when I press stop on my remote it closes down. This has worked fine through 1.9.6 but for some reason 1.9.7 clears the slot for exit. Even if I try to use another button's keyboard shortcut it wont exit when its pressed.
I am sure it was caused by the "no duplicate shortcuts" feature we recently added. Looks like that has been reverted now.

Perhaps it should be an option to allow (or not allow) the same shortcut to have multiple commands.
adipose is offline   Reply With Quote